Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

rons article about rv'ing, thought the lop section would like a chance to comment

sonny1

Ministry of Finance is a plan to increase the value of Iraqi dinar

Al-Hurria TV News - No Date Noted

Ministry of Finance has prepared a plan to increase the value of the dinar against the dollar and then delete the three zeros from the value of the dinar to contribute to the advancement of the Iraqi economy in the coming period, while the Iraqi Central Bank denied the rumors by making the dollar worth a thousand dinars,

A statement issued by the Ministry of Finance, the Minister of Finance (Bayan Jabr) said during his recent visit to the Jordanian capital Amman, said the Central Bank of Iraq confounded financially estimated (twenty two) billion dollars and three tons of gold intended to support the dinar, saying that successful fiscal policy pursued in Iraq have contributed to increasing the value of the dinar against the dollar, noting that all efforts will be channeled to delete three zeros from the value of the dinar.

AHTV Link

Read more:

ron gets all the credit, i thought a few of the guys in this section would like to comment on it.

• Upvote 7

The "delete the three zeros" part is an RD. At most this is suggesting they would raise the value of the dinar slightly, perhaps to 0.001 USD, and then RD. The result of that would be 1:1 new-dianr to USD. So this is small RV + RD, which of course is possible. But it can not (as I see it anyway) be interpreted as huge RV with no RD as then what is the "delete the three zeros from the value of the dinar" part?

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I am glad Iraq is announcing in advance its 100,000% overnight RV. This way millions more people can buy as much dinar as possible so that instead of millions of millionares afterwards there will be 100s of millions. I am sure all of the worlds billionares are taking note and soon will become trillionares. How nice of Iraq to keep us informed.

Ok that was sarcasm. Seriously though they are simply saying they will slowly go to .001 before they RD. It makes sense for them to do this but what doesnt make sense is that they are telling us that they are going to do it. Billionares could make a killing here. The part about the rumors being wrong about 1000 dinars becoming worth 1 dollar is also strange. I am thinking that they mean after the RD (which is what deleting zeros means) that 1 dinar will be worth 1 dollar not 1000 dinar equal to 1 dollar even though it would. Seems they are talking about the new dinar.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Article is from feb 2010.......go rv!

it cant be, they only starting saying 1000-1 a month or so ago

ok rd'ers, i will give you that alot of the articles are rd, and are spun to believe rv, but this one denies the 1000-1 and states that they will rv first, then then rd.

come on guys.

• Upvote 1

it cant be, they only starting saying 1000-1 a month or so ago

ok rd'ers, i will give you that alot of the articles are rd, and are spun to believe rv, but this one denies the 1000-1 and states that they will rv first, then then rd.

come on guys.

Sonny it says the Ministry of Finance says it will come to .001 before the RD. Then it says the CBI denies that it will come to .001 before the RD. The CBI is probably having a shite fit about the Ministry of Finance blurting out to the world that they will come to .001 before the RD so the CBI is denying it and I dont blame them. Seems the cat is out of the bag though and anyone with serious money has a sure thing here. Disclaimer. I AM IN NO WAY SAYING TO GO BUY ALOT OF DINAR. I am just saying that the M.O.F blew it and let out the plans of the CBI to slowly come to .001 before the RD. There are many advantages for them to make this jump before a RD and I have pointed them out in the past.

This also goes along with the articles we have seen about negative effects that a RD would have on the ISX. If the old dinar stayed at 1166 and the new dinar was worth 1 dollar then there could be confusion among stock holders and other logistics within the ISX. The CBI has denied any problems here and basically said that everything will be fine. What the CBI didnt say is that they are going to be at .001 at the time of the RD anyway so it doesnt matter because transactions will be simple.

Took me a minute to figure out what was going on with this article. The one thing I knew for positive was that they were not telling us about an upcoming increase of 1000 times the value.

Ministry of Finance is a plan to increase the value of Iraqi dinar

Al-Hurria TV News - No Date Noted

Ministry of Finance has prepared a plan to increase the value of the dinar against the dollar and then delete the three zeros from the value of the dinar to contribute to the advancement of the Iraqi economy in the coming period, while the Iraqi Central Bank denied the rumors by making the dollar worth a thousand dinars,

A statement issued by the Ministry of Finance, the Minister of Finance (Bayan Jabr) said during his recent visit to the Jordanian capital Amman, said the Central Bank of Iraq confounded financially estimated (twenty two) billion dollars and three tons of gold intended to support the dinar, saying that successful fiscal policy pursued in Iraq have contributed to increasing the value of the dinar against the dollar, noting that all efforts will be channeled to delete three zeros from the value of the dinar.

AHTV Link

Read more:

ron gets all the credit, i thought a few of the guys in this section would like to comment on it.

Good article but old

• Upvote 1

were do you get this 1000 times, think it will rv at .10, so 100 times

let me share something with you my friend, if iraq rv's at .10 do you know that they will have to pay less 2.2-2.8 trillion out of country debt on the rv (if there numbers are right) than they would of had to pay before there debts were waived by all the countries that said poooof to there debt....

and dinarc bud, you sound like the rv'er that puts stuff in the article that it doesnt even say, they are completely denying 1000-1, and its because they cant lie to a future business partner-investor...

I am glad Iraq is announcing in advance its 100,000% overnight RV. This way millions more people can buy as much dinar as possible so that instead of millions of millionares afterwards there will be 100s of millions. I am sure all of the worlds billionares are taking note and soon will become trillionares. How nice of Iraq to keep us informed.

Ok that was sarcasm. Seriously though they are simply saying they will slowly go to .001 before they RD. It makes sense for them to do this but what doesnt make sense is that they are telling us that they are going to do it. Billionares could make a killing here. The part about the rumors being wrong about 1000 dinars becoming worth 1 dollar is also strange. I am thinking that they mean after the RD (which is what deleting zeros means) that 1 dinar will be worth 1 dollar not 1000 dinar equal to 1 dollar even though it would. Seems they are talking about the new dinar.

It is almost 9 years is that overnight :blink:

Edited by MANNY99
  • Upvote 2

So they are announcing the up coming RV!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay. Some one pass the fork. :huh:

cant wait till the day you find out they didnt lop because im telling you right now they are not lopping and i know this for a fact :)

Delete three zeros = lop. It's been proven over and over and over again.

haha u have no clue what you are in for and i hope you dont go away after this happens laugh.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

come on guys.

But it does NOT say the RV will be 1000x, only that it will increase the value. The did that a month or so about by 0.34%, that is in fact a typical "RV" for a pegged currency. The RV rate * the RD rate has to be less then 3000:1 since that would raise the dinar to about 1 new-dinar to $3, the certainly are not going to go past that. And its also correct that RVs of ANY size are never announced, so it is also quite possible that this is just mistranslated.

were do you get this 1000 times, think it will rv at .10, so 100 times

let me share something with you my friend, if iraq rv's at .10 do you know that they will have to pay less 2.2-2.8 trillion out of country debt on the rv (if there numbers are right) than they would of had to pay before there debts were waived by all the countries that said poooof to there debt....

and dinarc bud, you sound like the rv'er that puts stuff in the article that it doesnt even say, they are completely denying 1000-1, and its because they cant lie to a future business partner-investor...

"Three zeros" IS 1000:1. No article has ever said "two zeros".

But it does NOT say the RV will be 1000x, only that it will increase the value. The did that a month or so about by 0.34%, that is in fact a typical "RV" for a pegged currency. The RV rate * the RD rate has to be less then 3000:1 since that would raise the dinar to about 1 new-dinar to $3, the certainly are not going to go past that. And its also correct that RVs of ANY size are never announced, so it is also quite possible that this is just mistranslated.

you rd'ers sound like the super rv people, putting things in the article that arent there, it says what it says, dont hate on me.

and for the record i only think it will rv to .10 or so, so not 1000 times, for the record

"Three zeros" IS 1000:1. No article has ever said "two zeros".

i never said 2 zeros, i think it will RV at .10, please dont mis-quote me, it happens to often. dont hate me, i am just going off of what the article says... if your going to hate, go after the f-m he said it

• Upvote 1

so the article doesnt say raise the value then then then rd?

come on you sound like some of the rv crowd here, it says what it says frank

It DOES say just that: "Ministry of Finance has prepared a plan to increase the value of the dinar against the dollar and then delete the three zeros from the value of the dinar "

It DOES say just that: "Ministry of Finance has prepared a plan to increase the value of the dinar against the dollar and then delete the three zeros from the value of the dinar "

i value all of the rd opinions, thats why i hang here all the time, but no-one can deny what it says.

i never said 2 zeros, i think it will RV at .10, please dont mis-quote me, it happens to often. dont hate me, i am just going off of what the article says... if your going to hate, go after the f-m he said it

So you think it will RV at .10 (so after that 1 IQD will be worth 0.10 USD), and THEN it will RD (delete the three zeros) so 1 new-dianr will be worth $100 USD? Really?