Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kurds will participate in national conference, says Iraqi parliament's deputy chairman

gamaray

Kurds will participate in national conference, says Iraqi parliament's deputy chairman

26/03/2012 15:02ERBIL, 26 March (AKnews) - Kurds have officially decided to take part in next month's national conference, said the second deputy chairman of the Iraqi parliament Arf Tayfur today.

cms-image-000070261.jpg

Tayfur added that he will participate in the conference along with the Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq Rowsch Nuri Shaways and representatives of the Kurdish Blocs Coalition.

The head of the Kurdish coalition in the Iraqi parliament, Fuad Masum, told AKnews that Kurds have their own agenda for the conference, namely the Erbil agreement.

cms-image-000065975.jpg

The agreement proposed by Kurdistan Regional President Massoud Barzani ended a nine-month dispute over who should run the government following March 2010's elections. The deal, which was signed by all the major political party leaders in Erbil, reinstated Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki for the second successive term.

Maliki's elections rival, former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, whose Iraqiya List won the elections, was promised a National Council for Strategic Policies in return for his concession over the PM post. The council was not formed and the Maliki's State of Law Coalition and Iraqiya began incriminating and accusing each other of violating the Erbil pact.

President of Iraq Jalal Talabani has selected April 5 for the long-heralded national conference to solve the political issues in the country.

Disputes between Iraq and the Kurdistan Region can be witnessed in three ways: the oil and gas law, the Peshmarga budget and arguments over provinces.

By Fryad Muhammed

HH/DM/AKnews

http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/297986/

• Upvote 3

dry.gif wow....... What a ride..... Up, Down, Side to Side...... I love it..... But my mind cant take much more... I agree with the previous!!! Great campaign Shabbs..... I am officially confused for a blackout!!! blink.gifblink.gifangry.gif

Wouldn't be a proper RV without the long-predicted confusion at the end, now would it? I'd almost feel cheated. Almost.

• Upvote 1

I just logged in and saw one article saying they are boycotting, right above another saying they are participating. :blink:

Sometimes Iraq reminds me of the song by the Beatles, "You say yes, I say no. You say stop and I say Go, Go, Go! Oh No. You say good-bye and I say hello, hello, hello." They should play the tune for the Arab Summit, and everyone will laugh and laugh and say Boy isn't that the truth!

• Upvote 2

I just logged in and saw one article saying they are boycotting, right above another saying they are participating. :blink:

yup that's why I wanted to post both of these articles..........con.........fu........sion............con......flic.......ting!!!!

• Upvote 1

this tells me they have already held it and are waiting to release results until after the summit!

Iraq has never been good on doing as they say they will so,if he don't show then N/C is a bust! more problems are caused by a change of heart!

it is part of the confusion and misinformation!

next they will come out and say NO RV and the next morning it goes live!

GO RV/RI

26/03/2012 15:02ERBIL, 26 March (AKnews) - Kurds have officially decided to take part in next month's national conference, said the second deputy chairman of the Iraqi parliament Arf Tayfur today.

cms-image-000070261.jpg

Tayfur added that he will participate in the conference along with the Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq Rowsch Nuri Shaways and representatives of the Kurdish Blocs Coalition.

The head of the Kurdish coalition in the Iraqi parliament, Fuad Masum, told AKnews that Kurds have their own agenda for the conference, namely the Erbil agreement.

cms-image-000065975.jpg

The agreement proposed by Kurdistan Regional President Massoud Barzani ended a nine-month dispute over who should run the government following March 2010's elections. The deal, which was signed by all the major political party leaders in Erbil, reinstated Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki for the second successive term.

Maliki's elections rival, former Prime Minister Ayad Allawi, whose Iraqiya List won the elections, was promised a National Council for Strategic Policies in return for his concession over the PM post. The council was not formed and the Maliki's State of Law Coalition and Iraqiya began incriminating and accusing each other of violating the Erbil pact.

President of Iraq Jalal Talabani has selected April 5 for the long-heralded national conference to solve the political issues in the country.

Disputes between Iraq and the Kurdistan Region can be witnessed in three ways: the oil and gas law, the Peshmarga budget and arguments over provinces.

By Fryad Muhammed

HH/DM/AKnews

http://www.aknews.co...knews/4/297986/

That top picture is so old. I've seen that picture dozens of times. Until the media blackout is over, news cannot be trusted!

Yeah me too. Well I been logged in, but not at puter. What is funny here, they are smiling. So did Maliki get the government, and are they lying about the date, and is this going to be announced in the coming hours as another article said? Really crazy now. See Maliki kept saying we don't need the council now. And it's quite the opposite. They need it and they need the government. Well, we do. Once we get Erbil we are there. No Erbil, no RV.

You know how long we have waited for that? Dang for me only 7 months, for Iraqi's citizens 2 years. Maliki don't care. 2 years later and he is still in charge of everything but the bank. And he has gone after that twice. I think they are hiding it from us and they have a government. If they didn't, they surely would not go in that summit looking like fools ya think? But then, it's Iraq. :rolleyes:

Got to love the Iraqi news. No, yes, yes and the no but, they will go. Maliki will promise again to implement the Erbil, state he waits for nominations for the remaing security positions, need to approve the HCL and then it will become unconstitutional. Maybe

this time things will be different, we can only hope.

Stay grounded, calm and be happy

Go RV/RI B)