Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Woman Suing Apple for $1 Million

krome2ez

83-Year-Old Woman Suing Apple for $1 Million After Walking into Glass Door

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 2:20pm by Erica Ritz

Apple has placed warning strips on the glass of its Manhasset store (Photo: IB Times)

A New York woman is suing Apple after walking face-first into one of their glass doors. She reportedly broke her nose as a result of the incident, and is suing Apple for $75,000 in medical expenses, and $1 million in punitive damages.

Evelyn Paswall, 83, is claiming that the doors pose a risk to the elderly. Her suit claims that “The defendant was negligent . . . in allowing a clear, see-through glass wall and/or door to exist without proper warning.”

Her attorney, Derek T. Smith, added:

‘Apple wants to be cool and modern and have the type of architecture that would appeal to the tech crowd, but on the other hand, they have to appreciate the danger that this high-tech modern architecture poses to some people.’

[...]

‘There were no markings on the glass or they were inadequate,” he [continued]. ‘My client is an octogenarian. She sees well, but she did not see any glass…The stereotypical Apple customer is a Gen-Y person or a teenager or a college student, but they have to realize that the elderly generation are their customers, too…’

Many are saying the lawsuit is overly litigious, and having “warning” signs on glass doors is absolutely unnecessary.

And that brings us to this video, which notes 25 other “ridiculous” lawsuits:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/83-year-old-woman-suing-apple-for-1-million-after-walking-into-glass-door/

Some of the elderly can see very well, its their reaction time that is slow. We have to realize that the elderly like to get out and shop too. Businesses need to take precautions and include the elderly in their design plans.

She must of been going 100 miles an hour when entering the store.

Did I just post this....My Bad, my bad. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our family loves the story of when our oldest son was running through the house to go outside and play when he ran smack into the glass slider I had just cleaned :) It didn't break thankfully but it was so funny to see! In all fairness he was maybe 5 or 6 at the time LOL. So that just tells you old or young... be on the look out for a clean glass door... Poor lady though, that must have been a little embarrassing....

• Upvote 1

But common sence would tell most every one,

that to enter a building from outside,

one must enter a door. :unsure:

Just say'n.

Exactly what I was thinking. Looks like we will have another winner of the great american lottery. dry.gif