Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. pushes Turkey to support Kurdish state in Iraq

k98nights

U.S. pushes Turkey to support Kurdish state in Iraq

Details Published Date Written By Halgord Category: Kurdistan Hits: 31

erdoganobama.jpg

According to the Turkish intelligence apparatus, David Petraeus director of CIA has officially recommended Receb Tayyip Erdogan on 12 March in Ankara to express Turkey approval on Kurdish independent state in Iraq.

He suggested that it is the best chance for Turkey to become the big brother and trustworthy to the Kurds as neither Baghdad central government nor Syria and Iran would support Kurdish independence.

PUKmedia 26-03-2012 12:16:02

http://pukmedia.co/english/77/kurdistan/282-u-s-pushes-turkey-to-support-kurdish-state-in-iraq

• Upvote 1

Here ya go. Who do you think is behind the kurds wanting an independent state. The US has been pushing it, and the threat of Maliki being a complete dictator. Sadr warned about the US meddling and this again, puts the DV's interest in this at risk. Now it's political here too. Sometimes the US just don't know when to shut up and quit meddling.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe that is what Talabani and Barzani want so I don't feel they will listen to what the US wants.

No Talabani does not but Barzani and Allawi would love to. Barzani just said it in a speech yesterday I think. It was on one of the articles here.

His reason being to get out from underneath Maliki's rule. They see where Maliki is going and they are worried. They have seen illegal arrest and tortured of Sunni/Kurds. So it's a very serious situation. I hope Talabani can fix this. Talabani does not want to for sure. But he is the one who seems to hold things together.

I believe Barzani is using this as a way for their concerns to be heard. Maliki's term in office will be up soon so the current situation is temporary. For the Kurdish region to become an independent state is much more difficult to undo. If they really wanted to be independant of Iraq, they have had the right to do so since the failure to implement the Eril agreement by May 2007. They haven't done it and there has to be a reason for that. As always with the ME, we don't see/understand all the pieces of this puzzle . . . Just my opinion. Thanks for the post. Oh and dont forget, following the instructions of the US is not exactly looked upon favorably by the Arab nations - they don't seem to like us much. ;)

Edited by Dinarduo

Maybe the kurds are waiting for an RV.

Good point Zig, I can't say I haven't wondered that myself. And maybe they are pushing Erbil because the two are planned to happen simultaneously or at close to it. Stranger things have happened!

Edited by Dinarduo

Good point Zig, I can't say I haven't wondered that myself. And maybe they are pushing Erbil because the two are planned to happen simultaneously or at close to it. Stranger things have happened!

Indeed. Speaking of stranger things have happened, I better head to the gym. Cya latah folks.

:blink: Well, which is it...

This just came out a few days ago stating Washington had given stern warnings to the Kurds on seeking statehood <_<

An urgent message from Washington, change the point of Barzani's speech from the "Declaration of the State" to "attack" on Maliki

Thursday, March 22, 0.2012 at 22:49

There is a situation of questioning wonder what happened in the last minutes before the wed Kurdistan Region President Masoud Barzani, "human", which promised them, and what the reasons that led him to change the point of his speech the day before yesterday on the occasion of festival of Nowruz, the "Declaration of self-determination" to step up the attack against Nuri al-Maliki and those around him.

While the hundreds of thousands of Kurds are waiting for, what he called Barzani to "human", which promised them a week ago at the "Democratic Youth Union of Kurdistan," came out Barzani on everyone to say "a lot of people who call and ask us to announce today Bushra great for the people of Kurdistan , so we assure you that that day is coming, God Almighty to declare that the human, but they must be in good time, but be assured and that the human is bound to come. "

Information obtained by the Agency Ambassador News (Ambassador News) of the Iraqi political sources well-informed, confirm that Barzani received by the speech of human warnings stern of the Americans, guaranteeing the abandonment of Washington full for the region and raising her hand with him in case the announcement of "self-determination" and the Declaration of "Kurdish state".

According to sources, the same political, the urgent message reached the Office of Massoud Barzani of the office, "the Democratic Party of Kurdistan" in Washington, which included the U.S. State Department told them (the Representation of the Democratic Party in Washington) does not agree to any step taken by Barzani to declare self-determination in Kurdistan and the United States does not assume the consequences of this Declaration, and the consequences of risk.

He also received Barzani, a phone call from U.S. Ambassador in Baghdad James Jeffrey, and held meetings urgent among advisers Americans in the territory of Kurdistan and the leaders of the Democratic Party, there was all to object to the move to self-determination Kurdish in this period, and the threat of lining from the American side of the withdrawal of Washington's hands of the protection of Kurdistan.

The sources the same political receiving Barzani a message from President Jalal Talabani, in which he stressed his opposition to any declaration suggests to declare "independence" and the formation of the "state of Kurdistan", and assured him that such a declaration would put the region at risk and the loss of all the achievements made so far, which are Declaration of the essence of the achievements of self-determination and declaration of the state of Kurdistan, without raising the Iraqi public and neighboring countries. "

All of these things pushed Barzani to change the point of his speech of glad tidings "Declaration of the State" to "massive assault" against al-Maliki, accusing him of manufacturing a new dictatorship and expressing his desire to dismiss al-Maliki, Hussein Shahristani, the deputy prime minister for energy, from Mnesbhma and unwillingness severe dealing with them.

http://kitabat.com/i...num=3799&lng=ar

Read more:

• Upvote 1

I believe Barzani is using this as a way for their concerns to be heard. Maliki's term in office will be up soon so the current situation is temporary. For the Kurdish region to become an independent state is much more difficult to undo. If they really wanted to be independant of Iraq, they have had the right to do so since the failure to implement the Eril agreement by May 2007. They haven't done it and there has to be a reason for that. As always with the ME, we don't see/understand all the pieces of this puzzle . . . Just my opinion. Thanks for the post. Oh and dont forget, following the instructions of the US is not exactly looked upon favorably by the Arab nations - they don't seem to like us much. ;)

I am confused. I thouhgt Maliki's term is up in 2014? No?

I am confused. I thouhgt Maliki's term is up in 2014? No?

The next election should be in March 2014. Which IMO is not very long when compared to an indefinite period of time as an independent state. My comparison was a potential permanent reaction to a temporary situation. Again, this is just how I see it.

• Upvote 1