Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

NATIONAL CONFERENCE APRIL 5TH

Urgent. Talabani determines the fifth of April as a date to hold a national meeting

الأ Sunday, March 25 / March 2012 17:45

Baghdad {: News} select Euphrates President Jalal Talabani of the fifth month of April as a date to hold a national meeting.

و 2012،". A statement by the Presidency of the Republic that "after conducting deliberations and extensive consultations with Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and Parliament Speaker Osama Najafi and with other leaders and political figures decided to President Jalal Talabani's invitation to hold a national meeting on Thursday, day on the fifth of April 2012,".

. He called the Preparatory Committee charged with preparing for the meeting to expedite the completion of its business and the creation of the work program before the date mentioned.

و The Preparatory Committee held five meetings in order to prepare the agenda of the meeting and the themes that will be talked about.

President Talabani and wished that culminate in joint efforts to reach comprehensive solutions and adequate to meet the needs and aspirations of the Iraqi people and believes in promoting national harmony and solidarity work of the joint in order to consolidate stability and complete the building of state institutions, service delivery and development. Ended

http://translate.goo...5%26Itemid%3D54

• Upvote 2

This can NOT be good. If it is not before the summit, which they had PLENTY of time and Maliki has won again as the Dictator of Iraq. Stalling and refusing as we have seen in articles to allow the power sharing government. (better known as ERBIL) The Kurds, Iraqi List etc will not be good for the summit. I can't say that I blame them one bit.

Where is Stryker, I want Stryker, need debate.

This can NOT be good. If it is not before the summit, which they had PLENTY of time and Maliki has won again as the Dictator of Iraq. Stalling and refusing as we have seen in articles to allow the power sharing government. (better known as ERBIL) The Kurds, Iraqi List etc will not be good for the summit. I can't say that I blame them one bit.

Where is Stryker, I want Stryker, need debate.

Sorry, I'm no Stryker but how about this:

I'm thinking that Talibani's hosting of the Summit, Nujafi taking control of the parliment, Barzani forcing the agenda for the National Conference, Sadr mobilizing a reported 750,000 civilians to protest outside of Baghdad are pretty good indicatiors that Maliki is loosing his grip on singular rule.

What do you think?

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the input Shabbadude - you are no Stryker - none of us are, but your thoughts are still very much appreciated. I think Talabani is a big reason for the delay due to his health concerns that required 2 visits to the US two weeks in a row. He is back and he has scheduled the National meeting for the time he feels is appropriate. We can blame Maliki all we want, but Talabani is controlling this one so if we don't like the date, the blame should be put on him. Personally, I am just glad it is scheduled and I hope having a date will make the Kurds happy for now. We need a peaceful showing in the ME with the company that's coming - I hope having a date is enough to accomplish that. Things with Maliki will unfold as Iraq see's fit.

My guess is THE national meeting that we were looking for may have already taken place and this is just the dog and pony version... At least, I hope so... :unsure:

From your lips to God's ears!

It's hard to keep a level head with all of this schmekis flying around. All we have to go by is what is announced and try to discern whether or not it's smoke or fact. I'm seeing some normally grounded people getting caught up in emotion and replacing sound judgement with what they wish to happen.

I'm glad to see Adam has his feet firmly planted!

I'm thinking that Talibani's hosting of the Summit, Nujafi taking control of the parliment, Barzani forcing the agenda for the National Conference, Sadr mobilizing a reported 750,000 civilians to protest outside of Baghdad are pretty good indicatiors that Maliki is loosing his grip on singular rule.

What do you think?

It's all part of the politics and negtiations. Maliki has everyone after him (rightly so on many counts), and this is a good thing. That means, the more that he will have to compromise when the National Meeting finally happens, in order to hang on to that power! He will have to make the Kurds happy ( HCL, Article 140, Peshmerga pay), the List happy ( Supreme Council, Defense Minister, Mutlaq, Hashemi) and even Sadr (HCL distributions). Not everybody will get everything, but now they do have an enhanced bargaining position that they didn't have before.

There is a rare opportunity for the other groups to get more that they ever have before. Maliki would have given up even more bargaining chips if he had allowed the Meeting to take place BEFORE the Summit. The outcome(s) of the meeting, per protocol, must be agreed prior to the actual event (of this magnitude), so as to not embarrass officials with surprises (failure). Maliki can NOT have a failure in front of the leaders of the Arab world, and the List and Kurds know it, and would NOT have bargined in good faith.

It is in everyone's best interest that the Meeting is held AFTER the Summit.

I have to say, Arab Summit for the moment takes a lot of energy and logistics. Now to add the National Meeting before the Summit would be too much. Come on.....if there is actually a National Meeting it will happen. This is Iraq and it's their country they can do what they want to.....(you would too if it happened to you). ;)

Breaking news….Talabani sets date for holding national meeting

Sunday, 25 March 2012 19:54 | | |

Baghdad (AIN) –The President Jalal Talabani decided to invite for holding the National Meeting on April 5th.

Presidential statement, received by AIN, cited Sunday “After intensive discussions with the Premier Nouri al-Maliki and Speaker Osama al-Nijaifi and other political leaders, the President Talabani decided to set April 5th, 2012 a date for holding the National Meeting.”

“Talabani also called the preparatory committee for holding the national meeting to speed up accomplishing its works and preparing its agenda before that date,” the statement added.

“President Talabani wished the mutual intentions to reach comprehensive settlements that meet the desires of the Iraqi People and sustain stability and accomplish building the State institutes and achieves prosperity in Iraq,” the statement concluded. /End/

http://www.alliraqnews.com/en/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6798:breaking-newstalabani-sets-date-for-holding-national-meeting&catid=35:political&Itemid=2

What do you think?

I hope so. Sadr is the only reason Maliki got to be Prime Minister. He helped Maliki to form the majority which the constitution states that only the ruling party would be PM. I believe that has been changed in the constitution. But if Maliki is losing his grip, we are getting closer to this. wooo hooo