Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After IQD Rate Change - Share Value ISX

We are witnessing much speculation regarding share value after the IQD rate change.

Reverse Splits. Penny values.Fils Values.2 zero removal.3 zero removal. Etc. Etc. Share value (like the currency) is not a matter of convenience. It is based on specific criteria. Current earnings, Assets, Debt. Just to name a few. The shares you now own will most likely be converted to percentages of ownership pre-rate change and handed back to you post rate change. Different amount of shares but same percentage of ownership. So you are even at the end of the day.

Most ISX companies have sat stagnant, whereas currency reserves/oil reserves/debt reduction/infrastructure rebuilds have grown by leaps and bounds. This is where holding IQD cash is of benefit. While most (if not all) company share structure will only make a lateral move, cash IQD will see an increase in value.

Just sharing Logic. You heard it here first. Humans know best.

Edited by DinarBot
  • Upvote 6

Dinarbot,

I like your reasoning on shares in the ISX. I am ready to trade on the ISX, but something told me to wait untill a currency revalue occurs before I do.

but wouldn't it be better to get in now while the price of shares is literally pennies to the USD as opposed to getting in when (assuming) the shares are worth more USD after a revalue?

but wouldn't it be better to get in now while the price of shares is literally pennies to the USD as opposed to getting in when (assuming) the shares are worth more USD after a revalue?

Yes, if that is your strategy then go for it. I preferr to see some real buy/ sell patterns with highs and lows. There will most definitely be revelations as to real values in the ISX and where the BIG boy's are focusing their investments. I am also waiting for IPO telestocks to be offered.

• Upvote 1

Depends on comfort level & your exposure to risk. Still could be 100% losses. See Warka Bank. And some others. We were fortunate. We only lost Warka to date. Our other 11 still trading. But some dropped off & came back. And this still could happen. As per earlier comments. Most banks etc. are stagnant - wondering if intentional until rate change. Seeing some New ME Hedge Funds that include Iraq. If you must. Stick to 1-5k investment. Buy banks with Western/UK ties. HSBC affiliate for one. Do a day of research.

• Upvote 1

Yes, if that is your strategy then go for it. I preferr to see some real buy/ sell patterns with highs and lows. There will most definitely be revelations as to real values in the ISX and where the BIG boy's are focusing their investments. I am also waiting for IPO telestocks to be offered.

I agree. I think will see the best places to invest post-rv. The big boys lead.

Depends on comfort level & your exposure to risk. Still could be 100% losses. See Warka Bank. And some others. We were fortunate. We only lost Warka to date. Our other 11 still trading. But some dropped off & came back. And this still could happen. As per earlier comments. Most banks etc. are stagnant - wondering if intentional until rate change. Seeing some New ME Hedge Funds that include Iraq. If you must. Stick to 1-5k investment. Buy banks with Western/UK ties. HSBC affiliate for one. Do a day of research.

Very true. Here's to hoping this pops soon so we can worry a little less about the bank situations. Research is our best friend in this investment.

BTW: Has anyone heard any more news on the telecom stocks? I don't expect anyone to know, but how long does it take to get listed and at what price do you speculate a company like Zain may initially come out with?

I agree. I think will see the best places to invest post-rv. The big boys lead.

Very true. Here's to hoping this pops soon so we can worry a little less about the bank situations. Research is our best friend in this investment.

BTW: Has anyone heard any more news on the telecom stocks? I don't expect anyone to know, but how long does it take to get listed and at what price do you speculate a company like Zain may initially come out with?

Maybe waiting for CBI to pll the trigger with the rate. Heard HSBC was handling the IPO on one Telecom co. Maybe buy HSBC for now. Then diversify later.

• Upvote 1