Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

National Alliance to reach an agreement with the Iraqi list to nominate Khaled al-Ubeidi, Ministry of defence

JustNTime

Almeyahy: National Alliance to reach an agreement with the Iraqi list to nominate Khaled al-Ubeidi, Ministry of defence

Saturday, 24 March 2012 18: 17

b_283_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_upload_86_aadnan.jpg

[baghdad-where]

Detection of security and Defence Committee member Adnan almeyahy on parliamentary reached between the National Alliance and the Iraqi list parties whom Osama alngivi and some leaders of the Iraqi list to nominate Khaled Al-Obeidi as an agreed candidate for Ministry of defence ".

He said each agency Iraq [where] said that the agreement was between the National Alliance and the Iraqi list to nominate Khaled Al-Obeidi as a candidate for Ministry of defence and vote at future meetings if the House. "

And almeyahy that the National Alliance feels that al-Ubeidi and the Iraqi list acceptable candidate is withdrawn his nomination last time and that there is no opposition in next time ".

Almeyahy pointed out that the next nomination labidi rests with the House of Osama alngivi for drawer theme voting on Parliament's agenda within the Ubaydi soon. "

Regarding candidate National Alliance member Interior Ministry security and defence parliamentary Committee that no internal candidate until this time because of the opposition of the Iraqi list and other lists of names of candidates announced their "National Alliance.

The security ministries are still vacant because of the incompatibility of the political blocs, the names of candidates for those ministries that are currently managed by the Agency by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to the Ministry of the Interior and Culture Minister Saadoun al-dulaimi, who was charged with administration of the Ministry of Defence Agency.

Leaders of political blocs agreed in the meeting held under the auspices of President Jalal Talabani in the last 5 to provide the Iraqi National Alliance of candidates to security ministries during a two week period?.

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki said in a television interview that the Iraqi list often provide the names of candidates for the Ministry of defence as belonging to the Baath party or armed groups other than candidate Khaled al-Ubeidi. ended 2

Edited by JustNTime
  • Upvote 2

The security ministries are still vacant because of the incompatibility of the political blocs, the names of candidates for those ministries that are currently managed by the Agency by Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki to the Ministry of the Interior and Culture Minister Saadoun al-dulaimi, who was charged with administration of the Ministry of Defence Agency.

Great news! From the sound of this article the Defense Minister just needs to be made official. Is the Security Minster another spot? I thought I read a while back they were going to merge it with something else?

I have always thought that many of these things have been done, but not released. HCL, Defense Minister, Erbil, WTO, tarrif law, ...whatever. Why? Because there has been SO MANY conflicting reports over the last year and a half about these benchmarks. How many times have we seen the above as being very close or done, and then an article come out that states that things are about to blow up. I've always had the feeling that Iraq has been waiting or stalling. Either that, or they don't know up from down and are completely irrational and dysfunctional human beings...maybe that's just as likely.

• Upvote 2

***///

Well THAT freaked me out..!... as soon as I posted the above, a big gimmick from ADAM MONTANA shot across my screen

saying he'd sent me a message..... :o

IS THIS IT..? THE BIG ONE...?! :unsure:

Naw, just 'Ol Sarge's 2,000th post...! :P

Guess that makes me old AND chatty! :lol:

Thanks to all my fellow DV Dinarians for allowing me to inform, annoy and amuse accordingly! :wub::hug:

• Upvote 5

man oh man if they finally put iraqiya's boy al-ubeidi in place, this will be the beginning of the end to our ride. all we are waiting for to complete this government is the defense ministers. once seated, its a wrap. and guess what this would indirectly mean, that we have erbil! seating al-ubeidi will indirectly mean that maliki is following the erbil agreement. nice, nice and very nice.

• Upvote 1

Everyone wants Erbil, and then they bash Allawi. Does anyone know what the Erbil is? Allawi ain't going anywhere. If it were not for him being outspoken and Maliki was allowed to control the country we would never see RV. We get an RV when we get Erbil. Erbil is the power sharing that Maliki does not want. Allawi has every right to complain. If he didn't and Maliki just kept up business as usual we would never get an RV. How come I am the only one saying this?

There is more than just Erbil, they need the laws etc, but Shabibi will NOT RV without Erbil. That is power sharing government and the security. The 2 things he said he needed. I wished Allawi would have been a little more aggressive, but all this time he has put his life on the line because Maliki tried to get rid of him already. He tortured Hashemi's bodyguard to get them to make confessions about Hashemi, and all of the Kurdistan region knows how dangerous Maliki is. Even Sadr, that's a bit out there but Sadr has his own army he ain't scared of Maliki. It's just sad that we are looking for erbil but don't know what it is. While I try to help folks not to be mislead I take a beating. I am a in this for the RV yes, but once I got in to all their politics and culture I took it to heart. We all must. I will be so beside myself if this turned out wrong.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 1

He was not just hurt. He was tortured in ways you don't attempt to humans, and killed. Just a shame.

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-05-29/world/iraq.violence_1_mosul-car-bomb-iraqi-police-officer?_s=PM:WORLD

Above is the article I was refering to in answer to the question someone posed about Odeidi being injured before. It was in may and he was in an auto which was hit by a bomb shortly after he agreed to run in April and possibly in March of last year. He has recovered and willing to run again, so it seems.

So I was refering to Khaled al-Obeidi not the recent story of the man whose body was returned to his family. Yes, that is horrible.

The people who do such horrible things will have their day of justice.

• Upvote 1

http://articles.cnn....cer?_s=PM:WORLD

Above is the article I was refering to in answer to the question someone posed about Odeidi being injured before. It was in may and he was in an auto which was hit by a bomb shortly after he agreed to run in April and possibly in March of last year. He has recovered and willing to run again, so it seems.

So I was refering to Khaled al-Obeidi not the recent story of the man whose body was returned to his family. Yes, that is horrible.

Here is the bottom line. Your wife/husband would know every scar on your body. The family was astonished at what he body looked like. Hashemi is trying to get the death probed. Talabani knows

about this. Talabani did not tell Allawi to turn Hashemi over to Baghdad. Talabani & Allawi knows if Hashemi was turned over to Baghdad he would not return, or he would return like Amir Sarbut Zaidan did. (Hashemi's body guard).

http://articles.cnn....cer?_s=PM:WORLD

Nice recall there abby!

Things that make you go hmmm...

Explosion wounds Iraqi defense minister candidate

May 29, 2011|By Mohammed Tawfeeq, CNNpixel.gifA roadside bomb explosion ripped through a car in eastern Mosul Sunday, wounding an Iraqi defense minister candidate and his driver, police said.

Khalid al-Obaidi was heading home when the blast struck. He was transferred immediately to an area hospital and is in stable condition, police said.

Mosul is about 420 kilometers (261 miles) north of Baghdad. A largely Sunni city, it has been a hotbed of ethnic and sectarian strife.

And now there is this...

Deputy for Iraq denies agreement on the nomination of Khaled al-Obeidi as defense minister

Like to have Stryker input.

Stryker is no longer with DV.....

Everyone wants Erbil, and then they bash Allawi. Does anyone know what the Erbil is? Allawi ain't going anywhere. If it were not for him being outspoken and Maliki was allowed to control the country we would never see RV. We get an RV when we get Erbil. Erbil is the power sharing that Maliki does not want. Allawi has every right to complain. If he didn't and Maliki just kept up business as usual we would never get an RV. How come I am the only one saying this?

There is more than just Erbil, they need the laws etc, but Shabibi will NOT RV without Erbil. That is power sharing government and the security. The 2 things he said he needed. I wished Allawi would have been a little more aggressive, but all this time he has put his life on the line because Maliki tried to get rid of him already. He tortured Hashemi's bodyguard to get them to make confessions about Hashemi, and all of the Kurdistan region knows how dangerous Maliki is. Even Sadr, that's a bit out there but Sadr has his own army he ain't scared of Maliki. It's just sad that we are looking for erbil but don't know what it is. While I try to help folks not to be mislead I take a beating. I am a in this for the RV yes, but once I got in to all their politics and culture I took it to heart. We all must. I will be so beside myself if this turned out wrong.

uncirculd we are certainly on the same page. they give us erbil, shabibi gives us an rv. he will not fund a dictator. maliki has been holding up the new power sharing government far too long doing everything he can do to delay the agreement. +1 to you my friend. keep on preaching the truth.

And now there is this...

Deputy for Iraq denies agreement on the nomination of Khaled al-Obeidi as defense minister

JNT i wouldn't put too much stock into this. these subordinates come out in the papers all the time giving their opinion and it has no weight. maliki's government is pressed for time and will have to relinquish control before the summit. they must seat the defense ministers which in a sense is giving us the erbil agreement. these guys can come out in the papers all they want and rant but it is nothing more than an opinion piece. pay it no mind.

• Upvote 2