Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Summit Without Newspapers ..And stop the activities of the mandatory technical and sporting and cultural

JustNTime

Summit Without Newspapers ..And stop the activities of the mandatory technical and sporting and cultural

24.3.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) -

BAGHDAD / Abdul Jabbar Zebra - term in spite of the confusion and resentment based in Baghdad, but some people interpret the security measures taken, Badah in a country like Iraq, seeks to protect his guests Arab leaders and honor them security to return Baghdad to the Arab fold. has disrupted security measures is unprecedented taken by the Iraqi government, the movement around the capital Baghdad, and led to the disabling of cultural activities, sports, art and access to social, commercial and financial transactions a after the government announced the granting of government institutions holiday starting on Sunday, until the first day one of next month, with the holiday routine weekly on Friday and Saturday, which leads naturally to the invisibility of the newspapers for publication during this period, which will continue in this case over the next week and beyond, that is, to what a decade after the Arab summit conference in January 29.

These included measures to close the ports major in different areas and the closure of a number of bridges between both sides of the capital city of Karkh and Rusafa, and the proliferation of checkpoints that you searched the car thoroughly, leading to lack of exchange of visits between relatives during that period, particularly between areas separated by streets of a major task or bridges. was accompanied by all this with the spread of rumors that the days of the holiday will see a curfew, which made ​​the most of the families you are buying food supplies basic and storage, suggesting the Iraqis to (grace) mobile phones and the Internet as a means of communication and entertainment, in the case of boredom that you may acquire during the holidays long and forced which will have to spent in the home, which are not used it much.

Iraqi newspapers have closed down since last Thursday, and decided to run it withheld publication until after the Arab summit, for many reasons, the most important security measures that are difficult with the arrival of workers in the newspapers to their places of work easily , and the difficulty of movements normal, as well as the desire of distributors of newspapers, so, for they who control the market and find that their situation if ordinary citizens. as well as the complaint the owners of printing presses from not being able to print, because of the absence of most of their workers, as well as the lack of buy newspapers as long as the people in the holiday and the streets are almost empty, as it is difficult to send papers to the provinces, due to the lack of cars for delivery to the usual points of sale such as days.

Therefore, in the opinion distributors that it is better not to issue newspapers, because they will continue to (sleeping) they have, which is surprising when most of the journalists, who denounced the lack of newspapers for eight days in spite of the Arab summit which some describe as "increased the press daily , "which people need to follow the news daily and the details of developments there until its scheduled date.

For its part, the Iraqi market for securities, for stop trading for a week starting March 25, present on the occasion of the Arab summit in Baghdad and the Government's decision to disrupt the official working hours where . said in a statement issued by the Iraqi market: "The Board of Governors decided to stop trading on Sunday, March 25, 2012, until Thursday 29 March 2012, pointing out that" the first session of the market will be the day after the first Sunday of April 2012. "

The same was reflected in the activities cultural, have been suspended and postponed activities

spontaneously and without the need to declare that, in a clear reference to the difficulty of access is leading to non-attendance of intellectuals and writers of any forums, including the Union of writers and authors who showed signs of postponement of its morning and evening since last Tuesday, when it was postponing an evening not to attend the required number.

As noted men of letters to the difficulty of access to the Union headquarters, located in central Baghdad, makes it imperative for them absence of forced, and therefore, any meeting can not be established in such a climate of confused.

said writer Inas al-Badran, Director of the Forum Nazik the angels, she proceeded to postpone the celebration Spring poets, which it was hoped that the hosted forum on Thursday at the French Institute, because of the number of attendees a little, and the closure of Abu Nawas street which is located the Institute on the edge of it. and delayed also exercises performed by the theater until after the the Summit, because of the holiday that the training takes place within the National Theatre under his administration the holiday official, and this also includes the postponement of filming TV series to the inability of most of the representatives of the audience in a timely manner, as well as some plays will depend to being located in Saadoun Street and the eastern section, and certainly also closed social clubs and halls artistic doors for the same reasons.

As athletes, they stopped the competition and the most important football tournament, having decided the Iraqi Federation of Football postpone competitions Iraq Super League and the Super league football to the beginning of next month of April because of the proximity of the Arab Summit in Baghdad end of this month, said a source in the Union: "The reason for the delay is due to the synchronization of the Arab summit, scheduled for Baghdad on 29 this month, with the competitions elite and the Premier League, and this is what hinders Activity players at the scheduled time because of the crowdedness of the roads leading to action" .

http://www.sotaliraq...4#ixzz1q0NQdHPj

Edited by JustNTime
  • Upvote 7

What the heck am I going to do for four days with no news? Hmmm........I guess I'm goin fishin. HaHa HaHa :lol: :lol:

YOU?

How bout Yota, K98, and the rest of the newshounds that we're so fortunate to have here on DV?

Talk about a drought. Geez.

Hope the payout/payoff is worth our news deprivation.

• Upvote 2

***///

..."citizens - return to your homes.... close and lock all windows and doors.... :unsure:

....draw all shades... do not, I repeat - DO NOT turn on any radios, televisions or computers... :huh:

... DO NOT look at the BIG screens... :huh:

LEST YOU CATCH SIGHT OF THE HUGE RATE WE'RE GIVIN' THE DINARIANS!" :P

• Upvote 7

***///

..."citizens - return to your homes.... close and lock all windows and doors.... :unsure:

....draw all shades... do not, I repeat - DO NOT turn on any radios, televisions or computers... :huh:

... DO NOT look at the BIG screens... :huh:

LEST YOU CATCH SIGHT OF THE HUGE RATE WE'RE GIVIN' THE DINARIANS!" :P

Go, Go RV!

Anything is possible from this point forward!

• Upvote 1

Holy Smoke... The day I join the frey and I get no news for the next week. I am sure the gurus will hook us up with what we need to shake our heads. Here is to enjoying the ride!

The Dude abides...

Dude, you can read thru the archives for 4 days. That's my plan.

KK

• Upvote 1

YOU?

How bout Yota, K98, and the rest of the newshounds that we're so fortunate to have here on DV?

Your right what was I thinkin. I hope they come back after the break. I'm still goin fishin though. I haven't got away from this thing in quite awhile. It's time to be on the river, that's when I feel best and closer to God. Wasn't tryin to be self centered. Have a good weekend everyone. :wave:

• Upvote 3

We can only hope something positive comes out of this tight security the GOI have imposed over the next week or so. Either now or sometimes in the future this ride is about to get very interesting for all of us....Patience is the key..--))) :D

GO RV!!!!

"Gotta Believe"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

STOP TRADING for a week!!!! How exciting is this? IMHO, I do not believe that they are going to stop trading for the summit, what purpose would that serve for security reasons? This gets better every day! WHOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! To me that only means one thing, and that is because they are changing the rate!!!! Where are my depends!! LOL LOL

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

YOU?

I bet there will be some news leaked.... Its hard to keep a hot news story down. There will be reporters of some kind trying to get a scoop. Hell maybe they have their own National Inquirer in Baghdad! ;)

Quad B)

• Upvote 2

Keep your fingers crossed and your paper bags handy! eyebrows.gif

And don't forget the thuggies... never, ever forget the thuggies!!! laugh.gif

Thanks for the post JustNTime!wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

Where are my depends!! LOL LOL

Whoa... wait a minute... we are mighty conscious about brand names and supporting our local patrons here at DV! rolleyes.gif We purchase all our "adult diapers" from Dinar Thug (you know the clown!)... hence the name... "Thuggies".... wear em, or things could get real messy... if ya know what I mean??? laugh.gifwink.gif

• Upvote 1

I bet there will be some news leaked.... Its hard to keep a hot news story down. There will be reporters of some kind trying to get a scoop. Hell maybe they have their own National Inquirer in Baghdad! ;)

Quad B)

I suspect you are right that some news will leak out, but it won't be in newspapers, since they are not publishing. It will be the foreign correspondents there for the Arab Summit who will be giving us news of the summit, and if anything else happens of interest that the Iraqi news reporters find they will pass it along to the foreign reporters.

I gather from the post that a lot of this closing down isn't really for security reasons. It is not FO security reasons, but BECAUSE OF security measures. They are closing major access arteries into the city, and several bridges. This is going to mean people cannot GET TO their work place to do the work. And it seems that most of the cultural venues, including the training and school facilities for the arts are in the area affected by these road closures. Also the banks and stock trading and major businesses are not going to be open because, again, people won't be able to get to their work. The Iraqis are gearing up for the Summit and don't want to be stopping every Tom, **** and Haroon just to check their cars when these are people who use the roads where the checkpoints are every day to go to work. And the people themselves won't want to be stopping at the checkpoints to have their cars gone over every time they enter or leave. So, I can see why the people who work in that area have been told to stay home. Even the football league has had to cancel events for the duration

And all this is to end with the beginning of April. And I was just wondering if we might all be treated to a massive April Fool's joke. Hmmmmmm ... it bears thinking about ... for a second or two.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 3

Your right what was I thinkin. I hope they come back after the break. I'm still goin fishin though. I haven't got away from this thing in quite awhile. It's time to be on the river, that's when I feel best and closer to God. Wasn't tryin to be self centered. Have a good weekend everyone. :wave:

hey fastarnie, have a good catch dude!

I know how you feel about feeling closer to God when on the river. I feel that way about 120 feet deep in the ocean with all God's creatures swimming all around me and I am stuffing lobsters in my bag or spearing redfish, or grouper!

News blackout? Its not like the news is that reliable anyway. Smoke and mirrors a bunch of it if you ask me.

JUST PULL THE TRIGGER ON THIS THING GUYS AND GET IT OVER WITH!cool.gif

• Upvote 4

I suspect you are right that some news will leak out, but it won't be in newspapers, since they are not publishing. It will be the foreign correspondents there for the Arab Summit who will be giving us news of the summit, and if anything else happens of interest that the Iraqi news reporters find they will pass it along to the foreign reporters.

I gather from the post that a lot of this closing down isn't really for security reasons. It is not FO security reasons, but BECAUSE OF security measures. They are closing major access arteries into the city, and several bridges. This is going to mean people cannot GET TO their work place to do the work. And it seems that most of the cultural venues, including the training and school facilities for the arts are in the area affected by these road closures. Also the banks and stock trading and major businesses are not going to be open because, again, people won't be able to get to their work. The Iraqis are gearing up for the Summit and don't want to be stopping every Tom, **** and Haroon just to check their cars when these are people who use the roads where the checkpoints are every day to go to work. And the people themselves won't want to be stopping at the checkpoints to have their cars gone over every time they enter or leave. So, I can see why the people who work in that area have been told to stay home. Even the football league has had to cancel events for the duration

And all this is to end with the beginning of April. And I was just wondering if we might all be treated to a massive April Fool's joke. Hmmmmmm ... it bears thinking about ... for a second or two.

:)

smee2

Thanks smee2! I agree with everything you posted. I just want to add a curious thought.

Do you think the citizens get paid for these days off, OR do you think they have been promised some kind of compensation?

I really hope they don't waste all this great security on just the summit :shakehead: Maybe they can use it for something else hmmmmmm! B) GO RVVVVVVVVVVVVVV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1