Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Forbes-Talk about Dinar

JamieS

Good Afternoon to all of you, this is an article from Forbes magazine in regards to the Dinar. Read this...

http://www.forbes.co...qi-dinar-deals/

My stomach feels a little off after this one!

I see it as just another disinformation piece. This guy had to write about something and his mainstream financial person isn't Dinar literate. I'm hangin' onto mine and waiting for the RV. Little egg will show up on this Forbes guy when it RV's.

Mak63

• Upvote 1

Much of the article comes from a position of out dated ignorance. For one, I don't want or have any "Saddam" money. As far as, why would they sell instead of hoarding knowing that the value will increase, This has been going on for years, dealers make money off of the transaction, and they do have their own "hoardings". Many have increased their "hoardings" by selling. No one knows if and when anything will happen in this speculation, but I wouldn't put too much credibilty on this article. :)

• Upvote 1

I came across this article when it first posted, so I'll just post my original response from another site.

3 problems I see with this article:

1. It's a fixed exchange rate now, and not internationally traded. Central banks with fixed rates of exchange have the ability to revalue or devalue their currencies. Why would anyone pay more than the fixed market rate? So, the market argument is bogus.

2. His argument that the dealers, if they really thought it would revalue, would be hoarding dinar is ridiculous. I'm sure they've all got a nice little personal stash, but they have to make a living in the meantime, so they make money on a spread. That's the same argument we hear, all the time, about precious metal dealers. Sure, Goldline thinks gold will appreciate in the future, but it's a business, so they sell their gold at a spread, and Goldline continues as an ongoing concern.

If you think any product you sell is going to appreciate, why aren't you hoarding it, Brian Hancock, CFP?

3. Why did Forbes Magazine, a world renound financial publication, with contacts in literally every corner of the globe, have to go to little ole Birmingham, Alabama, to find some small time financial planner to call this a scam? I've lived in Birmingham my entire life, work in finance, and have never heard of Timberchase Financial. Couldn't they find someone at, say, Goldman Sachs, or the currency trading desk at JPM, or an economics professor at Princeton, or freakin' Paul Krugman, for that matter? Furthermore, why would they ask a financial planner? Those are the guys who sell insurance products and municipal bonds to old people and mutual funds to 40 hour a week employees.

My bank manager friend, who works in the ritziest part of town, tells me she's selling piles of the stuff to Birmingham's rich and famous. She's at least as good a souce as Brian Hancock.

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 8

I will be sure to use my new found wealth to prove to them all that it was not a scam! I will be on the Forbes forum if they have on if not every other "highly regarded business journal" calling for a correction to there claim and recognition in our success!

GO RV/RI

LOL! I love it!

yet another DB trying to bring this down... How about... Go report on why Detroit has no money... that will keep you busy for a few minutes... and that's real news. Jackhole.

Good Afternoon to all of you, this is an article from Forbes magazine in regards to the Dinar. Read this...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2012/01/19/the-curse-of-saddam-iraqi-dinar-deals/

continue reading the RUMORS section... and your a$$ will not be in tune with you stomach my friend. In the words of Flavor Flav.... Don't believe the Hype.

These are the same self proclaimed geniuses that cost a ton of people their life savings, retirements, etc. in the markets. There advice can be filed right along with Okie's BS in the trash bin!!! :lol: :lol: Follow your gut not some stock market nut! Go RV baby, bring the Ferrari to papa!! :D

• Upvote 1

Old news - article is dated Jan 2012

This is a speculative investment - there are no guarantees just like when you buy a lottery ticket.

Agreed. What's with the antiquated articles lately? The RV/RI/RD will happen eventually. Iraq is not on our watch. Currency speculation is an investment with no know outcome. I will remain patient.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnwasik/2012/01/19/the-curse-of-saddam-iraqi-dinar-deals/

Mainstream media is notorious about misinformation to the public. When the tides turn an the RV happens, the same guy will write another article about how great of a currency is the Dinar, and about the insightful few who acquired it before the RV.

I don't pay too much attention to the mainstream media, and I think so should you.

• Upvote 2

Below from the article:

What consumers are not told is that the dinars can be redeemed only in Iraq, as most of the established currency exchange houses and banking institutions cannot convert the dinar to US dollars. Since no exchange exists for the Iraqi dinar, dealers can charge whatever they want to sell and buy back the dinars.

Well no the Iraqi Dinar

cannot be exchanged outside of Iraq for dollars because IT IS NOT A

INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY YET! BUT IT WILL BE ON BOTH SOON...REAL SOON! And since I

have first purchased the Iraqi Dinar my investment have more than doubled!

$475.00 for a million.

SHUT UP! B):P

• Upvote 1

Yes nothing to sweat over, i read this almost 1 yr ago. Hes rite in the aspect its a worthless money , and banks don't deal in it because its not a traded money. But when it does RV it will be traded. Hes a smart Man and has made his millions but he don't no all. :blink:

The date on this is Jan/2012.. If it was a scam, and illegal it would have been stopped by now. But it hasn't, and dealers are still selling, even in the US.. Also, it would have been National News considering how many people are waiting for the reval. I also believe that the transitions that have taken place in the Iraq Govt from Jan til now prove their economic stability in oil, and the need for an increase. Just my opinion.