Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

February 26, a 17 year old boy was walking home - Trayvon Martin

mojack

If you had made up your mind about this case before hearing the facts you are media sheep...

Here are some new parts to the story to consider. Nothing conclusive of course.

Zimmerman's account emerged for the first time Monday in a report by The Orlando Sentinel. Quoting unidentified "law enforcement authorities," the Sentinel reported that Zimmerman told police that Trayvon Martin knocked him down with a single punch and slammed his head into the sidewalk several times before the shooting — an account that police said witnesses have corroborated.

Zimmerman said he was walking back to his SUV when Martin approached him from behind, according to the Sentinel's report, which Sanford police confirmed Monday afternoon.

The two exchanged words before Martin decked him with a punch to the nose and began beating him, Zimmerman told police. He said he then shot Martin in self-defense.

Witnesses said they heard someone cry out in distress, some of them telling NBC News and other news organizations that it was Martin. But police sources told the Sentinel their evidence indicated it was Zimmerman.

Dateline NBC interviews woman who saw aftermath

One witness told police he saw Martin pounding Zimmerman on the ground. This witness was certain it was Zimmerman who was crying for help, the Sentinel reported.

When police arrived less than two minutes later, Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose and had a swollen lip and bloody lacerations to the back of his head, the newspaper reported

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/26/10868250-thousands-march-in-protest-to-florida-hearing-on-trayvon-martin-slaying

• Upvote 5

I found this.

I don't think handling violence with violence will solve this matter. :( I feel for any family that loses a child in such a horrible manner.

Trayvon Martin Death: Police Say Witnesses Back Zimmerman's Story

Monday, 26 Mar 2012 04:06 PM

By Martin Gould

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Trayvon Martin decked George Zimmerman with one punch and then repeatedly slammed his head into the sidewalk, according to a newly released version of the events that led up to the 17-year-old’s death.

The neighborhood watch captain was left “bloody and battered,” according to the version Zimmerman told investigators. Witnesses have corroborated his version, authorities told The Orlando Sentinel. And ABC News reports that Zimmerman told police that Martin knocked him down and attempted to take his gun. Zimerman, 28, shot Martin to death on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., and the case has become a lightning rod for activists who claim the killing was racially motivated. Activists, including Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and NAACP leader Ben Jealous, have addressed rallies in the Orlando suburb.

Another is planned for Monday afternoon attended by Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and basketball legend Patrick Ewing.

Zimmerman claimed self-defense, but his version of what occurred has been slow in coming out. Both Republican and Democratic politicians have joined the activists querying why Zimmerman has not been arrested, especially as a 911 dispatcher specifically told him not to follow Martin.

Zimmerman told police he got out of his SUV, but lost sight of Martin. As he walked back to his vehicle, he said Martin approached him from behind and asked him if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, the Sentinel reports.

Martin said something like “well you do now,” and punched him in the nose, Zimmerman told police. There has been no report of witnesses to that alleged initial blow.

As the older man fell to the ground, Martin jumped on him and started slamming his head into the sidewalk. In a 911 call from a neighbor, a man can be heard calling for help. Police say they believe it was Zimmerman’s voice, although Martin’s attorney insists it is the teen’s.

The Sentinel reports that one witness told police he was certain he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top, pounding him.

Zimmerman shot Martin once in the chest “at very close range,” police told the Sentinel. When they arrived, they found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and head. He was treated at the scene but refused to go to the hospital.

The case has caused a national furor centering on race and on Florida’s Stand Your Ground law that allows a person to use deadly force if he feels he is being threatened. Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee has stepped down temporarily.

Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, hit back at the new reports on Monday. “They killed my son, and now they're trying to kill his reputation," she said.

Sanford mayor Jeff Triplett told ABC News he was worried about violence breaking out. “The city today is a tinder box,” he said.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott has appointed a task force headed by special prosecutor Angela Corey to investigate whether Zimmerman’s case should go before a grand jury.

Zimmerman has been in hiding since the debate about the killing ramped up. The New Black Panthers put out a $10,000 bounty on his head after its leader Mikhail Muhammed told a rally on Saturday “He should be fearful for his life. You can’t keep killing black children.”

Movie director Spike Lee revealed Zimmerman’s home address in a Twitter message he retweeted to his quarter of a million followers at the weekend.

Last week President Barack Obama jumped into the case saying if he had a son “he would look like Trayvon.”

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

I found this.

I don't think handling violence with violence will solve this matter. sad.gif I feel for any family that loses a child in such a horrible manner.

Trayvon Martin Death: Police Say Witnesses Back Zimmerman's Story

Monday, 26 Mar 2012 04:06 PM

By Martin Gould

The Orlando Sentinel is reporting that Trayvon Martin decked George Zimmerman with one punch and then repeatedly slammed his head into the sidewalk, according to a newly released version of the events that led up to the 17-year-old’s death.

The neighborhood watch captain was left “bloody and battered,” according to the version Zimmerman told investigators. Witnesses have corroborated his version, authorities told The Orlando Sentinel. And ABC News reports that Zimmerman told police that Martin knocked him down and attempted to take his gun. Zimerman, 28, shot Martin to death on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla., and the case has become a lightning rod for activists who claim the killing was racially motivated. Activists, including Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and NAACP leader Ben Jealous, have addressed rallies in the Orlando suburb.

Another is planned for Monday afternoon attended by Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and basketball legend Patrick Ewing.

Zimmerman claimed self-defense, but his version of what occurred has been slow in coming out. Both Republican and Democratic politicians have joined the activists querying why Zimmerman has not been arrested, especially as a 911 dispatcher specifically told him not to follow Martin.

Zimmerman told police he got out of his SUV, but lost sight of Martin. As he walked back to his vehicle, he said Martin approached him from behind and asked him if he had a problem. Zimmerman said no and reached for his cell phone, the Sentinel reports.

Martin said something like “well you do now,” and punched him in the nose, Zimmerman told police. There has been no report of witnesses to that alleged initial blow.

As the older man fell to the ground, Martin jumped on him and started slamming his head into the sidewalk. In a 911 call from a neighbor, a man can be heard calling for help. Police say they believe it was Zimmerman’s voice, although Martin’s attorney insists it is the teen’s.

The Sentinel reports that one witness told police he was certain he saw Zimmerman on the ground with Martin on top, pounding him.

Zimmerman shot Martin once in the chest “at very close range,” police told the Sentinel. When they arrived, they found Zimmerman bleeding from the nose and head. He was treated at the scene but refused to go to the hospital.

The case has caused a national furor centering on race and on Florida’s Stand Your Ground law that allows a person to use deadly force if he feels he is being threatened. Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee has stepped down temporarily.

Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, hit back at the new reports on Monday. “They killed my son, and now they're trying to kill his reputation," she said.

Sanford mayor Jeff Triplett told ABC News he was worried about violence breaking out. “The city today is a tinder box,” he said.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott has appointed a task force headed by special prosecutor Angela Corey to investigate whether Zimmerman’s case should go before a grand jury.

Zimmerman has been in hiding since the debate about the killing ramped up. The New Black Panthers put out a $10,000 bounty on his head after its leader Mikhail Muhammed told a rally on Saturday “He should be fearful for his life. You can’t keep killing black children.”

Movie director Spike Lee revealed Zimmerman’s home address in a Twitter message he retweeted to his quarter of a million followers at the weekend.

Last week President Barack Obama jumped into the case saying if he had a son “he would look like Trayvon.”

© 2012 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

Nice post Patty, hadn't heard this side of it yet in the media.............wonder why ???

• Upvote 1

Nice post Patty, hadn't heard this side of it yet in the media.............wonder why ???

I doesn't surprise me one bit about the media. The media will report what they want to report and not what needs to be reported. I get better news here on the DV site then on my local stations.

• Upvote 2

AND THIS IS WHY THEY SAY THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD!

It is an outrage. Media is fueling this hate with out revealing all the truth. It is the media portayal with this case and other things to sell and fuel societys need for hate. It really upsets me that we can not believe what we are told and those who report what they want or slant the truth are not held accountable. I am very curious if the black community will stand in outrage IF they find out that the details are different than what they have been lead to believe? Will they still use the rage to say that they have possibly been mislead? Will they say that they are sorry for all the finger pointing at this one man. You see there is still a current of hate in our society. It is towards the african american community and there is anger from the african american community towards the rest too. It works two ways and the hate and or anger solves nothing.

The Jessie Jacksons who use these episodes to fuel there political stance, use this hate. People need to stand up for true injustice. We all become the sheep of the media and those who are in a role of power and use it to their gain. The media should be held accountable for reporting slanted reports. The pictures they are showing of this 17 year old are pictures of him when he was 13!!!!! It paints a very different picture to everyone. It is WRONG!

Sorry for my self proclaimed rant but we all need to wake up and get angry at those who mislead us. THERE HAS TO BE HONESTY in the media and in public offices and religions and across the board. I want a cleaner world.

For the sake of the future of our children....

OK I am done... LOL Had to get that off my chest.

PEACE!!!!! Really peace....

• Upvote 2

If anyone has access to the facts it's O and instead of adding calming words he incites.... How about "Lets wait to hear what happened"...

It is an outrage. Media is fueling this hate with out revealing all the truth. It is the media portayal with this case and other things to sell and fuel societys need for hate. It really upsets me that we can not believe what we are told and those who report what they want or slant the truth are not held accountable. I am very curious if the black community will stand in outrage IF they find out that the details are different than what they have been lead to believe? Will they still use the rage to say that they have possibly been mislead? Will they say that they are sorry for all the finger pointing at this one man. You see there is still a current of hate in our society. It is towards the african american community and there is anger from the african american community towards the rest too. It works two ways and the hate and or anger solves nothing.

The Jessie Jacksons who use these episodes to fuel there political stance, use this hate. People need to stand up for true injustice. We all become the sheep of the media and those who are in a role of power and use it to their gain. The media should be held accountable for reporting slanted reports. The pictures they are showing of this 17 year old are pictures of him when he was 13!!!!! It paints a very different picture to everyone. It is WRONG!

Sorry for my self proclaimed rant but we all need to wake up and get angry at those who mislead us. THERE HAS TO BE HONESTY in the media and in public offices and religions and across the board. I want a cleaner world.

For the sake of the future of our children....

OK I am done... LOL Had to get that off my chest.

PEACE!!!!! Really peace....

Thank you.

It is an outrage. Media is fueling this hate with out revealing all the truth. It is the media portayal with this case and other things to sell and fuel societys need for hate. It really upsets me that we can not believe what we are told and those who report what they want or slant the truth are not held accountable. I am very curious if the black community will stand in outrage IF they find out that the details are different than what they have been lead to believe? PEACE!!!!! Really peace....

It's not just the Black community that is in outrage. One thing we can't do is flip-flop with every new story that appears. Stick to the reasoning of today's laws.

The media sensationalizes a story. They use adjectives and nouns that may never cross our minds. They leave out or lead us to exotic thoughts. These sensationalized stories are posted here everyday and the majority believe in them.

You can't forget the reason most people (Black, White or other) are outraged; the missing judicial processes of a killing; the neighborhood watchman not being properly investigated or exonerated through the judicial system. Why was the kid taunted by an overzealous watchman as 911 tapes suggest.

What led to the alleged punch, what led to confrontation, what led to the killing?

Edited by mojack
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

People are upset because Zimmerman has not been arrested but according to the law, he did nothing illegal. That is the whole issue. It was within, WITHIN, the scope of the law that permitted self defense. If he was being beaten by Martin, then Zimmerman was WITHIN THE SCOPE of the law. With that being said it still does not mean that it was too bad that a young man lost his life. But the media and others are pushing for an act that, at this point, WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. In the same frame of the media, Zimmerman is a dead man because the people have been so whipped up by people like the Black Panthers, Jackson, Sharpton, and the media that I would not bet a dime on the future life of Zimmerman. They had adequately 'murdered' Zimmerman and will get away with it.

• Upvote 2

People are upset because Zimmerman has not been arrested but according to the law, he did nothing illegal. That is the whole issue. It was within, WITHIN, the scope of the law that permitted self defense. If he was being beaten by Martin, then Zimmerman was WITHIN THE SCOPE of the law. With that being said it still does not mean that it was too bad that a young man lost his life. But the media and others are pushing for an act that, at this point, WAS NOT AGAINST THE LAW. In the same frame of the media, Zimmerman is a dead man because the people have been so whipped up by people like the Black Panthers, Jackson, Sharpton, and the media that I would not bet a dime on the future life of Zimmerman. They had adequately 'murdered' Zimmerman and will get away with it.

Didn't Zimmerman pursue Martin and eventually cause an altercation? Per the tapes he was pursuing and from that point on, we only have Zimmerman's word that he turned to go back to his vehicle. Can anyone believe the overzealous watchman really took his eyes off of Martin or did not continue to pursue Martin farther, questioning and/or taunting him from being there? It's not an open and shut case from the spot of incident and that's why there's now an investigation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know emotion would like to hang Zimmerman but if trayvon was beating on Zimmerman then the facts remain. Keep in mind that the law is non-emotional. It does not matter legally if Zimmerman was following Trayvon if trayvon was beating on Zimmerman. The facts, if that was the case, would be that Trayvon was assaulting Zimmerman and Zimmerman would have, according to his mindset, had concern for his life.

• Upvote 1

What IMHO is being ignored.......here is a young man minding his own business talking to his girlfriend on the phone......What gave Mr. Zimmerman the right to even question this kid???? You follow this kid.......you get out of your car........I don't know what was going through Trayvon's mind. We don't know how the altercation started. Could Trayvon have demanded why he was being followed? could he have noticed the gun and tried to disarm him? Was he defending himself? we dont know? We all have varied opinions, however, the best thing to do is to allow whatever evidence that remains be presented. Perhaps somewhere between what the news media portrays and what is real we may find the truth.

As far as the "New Black Panther" party is concerned......they don't speak for me in fact i put them in the same box with the KKK

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know emotion would like to hang Zimmerman but if trayvon was beating on Zimmerman then the facts remain. Keep in mind that the law is non-emotional. It does not matter legally if Zimmerman was following Trayvon if trayvon was beating on Zimmerman. The facts, if that was the case, would be that Trayvon was assaulting Zimmerman and Zimmerman would have, according to his mindset, had concern for his life.

WHAT are you missing from this whole story? WE DON'T KNOW HOW IT STARTED! TWO PEOPLE IN A FIGHT IS TWO PEOPLE IN A FIGHT - YES ITS BEATING EACH OTHER. AT THIS POINT NO ONE HAS REPORTED BRUISES FROM MARTIN. ARE THERE ANY PICTURES OF BRUISES AND CUTS FROM ANY PARTY OF THE FIGHT?

YOU CAN'T JUST SAY BEATING BECAUSE ONE PERSON SAW MARTIN ON TOP. ITS A FIGHT, ONE PERSON ON TOP CAN HAPPEN - ITS A SHOOTING - INVESTIGATE.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Emotion is going to make this event impossible. Society will not rest until Zimmerman is dead. If Trayvon was assaulting Zimmerman then, according to the law, Zimmerman was being assaulted. It does not matter as to whether Zimmerman was following Trayvon or not. That is like saying if someone calls you a name and you punch them that you have a right to hit them. According to the law, the one who punches has committed the assault. But, the media and the masses will not care what the law says or even what the facts are. The reality is that the emotion of this case will not rest until Zimmerman is dead. Each on one here is equal to the Black Panthers as you whip up emotion against Zimmerman.

• Upvote 4

I made a statement on the first page of this about how this man 'should fry'.....I was basing my opinion on the initial article in this thread, since then I have been following this and I totally RECANT my initial statement......I don't know enough still to make judgement....I do know it's ridiculous how people trying to further their own agenda is turning this into a full blown circus....JMO

• Upvote 5

I made a statement on the first page of this about how this man 'should fry'.....I was basing my opinion on the initial article in this thread, since then I have been following this and I totally RECANT my initial statement......I don't know enough still to make judgement....I do know it's ridiculous how people trying to further their own agenda is turning this into a full blown circus....JMO

I respect that Bama. This country could use more people with the ability to step back and rethink. As for the "full blown circus".....you're spot on. For any circus there is a need for clowns...and this incident has clowns by the dozens. ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

This has been a lynch mob. Like the old west. People want to jump to a conclusion and start hanging.. This same type of mentality showed its ugly head here in Dallas yesterday. I dont know why Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson ect. want to start a race war. They are suppose to be ministers. They just agitate people to hate one another. This Zimmerman is not white, The black panthers want to start killing innocet white people now. They have a dead are a live poster out on Zimmerman. They need to go home relax and let the Sheriff handle this. If charges need to be filed, they will be and settled in a court of law. But this lynch mob sociity that Obama and his hynchman Rev Al and Rev. Jesse start stirring trouble in the streets is going to get a bunch of people killed,IMO. So be cool, Let the Authorites handle it. Lets all live in Peace and love one another, Like the Good Lord Jesus teaches us to. IMHO Peace & Love Peace & Love!!! Go RV <_< <_<

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This has been a lynch mob. Like the old west. People want to jump to a conclusion and start hanging.. This same type of mentality showed its ugly head here in Dallas yesterday. I dont know why Rev. Al and Jesse Jackson ect. want to start a race war. They are suppose to be ministers. They just agitate people to hate one another. This Zimmerman is not white, The black panthers want to start killing innocet white people now. They have a dead are a live poster out on Zimmerman. They need to go home relax and let the Sheriff handle this. If charges need to be filed, they will be and settled in a court of law. But this lynch mob sociity that Obama and his hynchman Rev Al and Rev. Jesse start stirring trouble in the streets is going to get a bunch of people killed,IMO. So be cool, Let the Authorites handle it. Lets all live in Peace and love one another, Like the Good Lord Jesus teaches us to. IMHO Peace & Love Peace & Love!!! Go RV <_< <_<

I'm not particularly partial to President Obama, so please don't misunderstand. Your post was right on the money until you included Obama and his henchmen. The reverends Al and Jesse have been spewing this rhetoric since I was a kid.....and I'm almost 50. As always, just my opinion. <_<

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

There are two sides to this issue, its a matter of finding out which is truth. With all these organizations getting involve and creating havoc, this makes it harder for true justice to come about. The family to both sides can step up and tell everyone to step aside and let it be handle through the law, rather than have it handle in a radical manner. Threats are not the answers. Justice will not be done with two wrongs. America stands for "justice for all" not just some. I truly feel we still have some law abiding citizens serving America. We need to encourage them to stand out.

Since the president voiced is two cents in this, he now needs to be a leader and tell everyone to let the law do there job. But in my honest opinion it's not going to happen.

With that being said we should not feed the fire anymore or debate it, let the law do its job. ;)

May the peace of God be with both of these family and guided them in a Godly manner.

My link

THE REAL TRAYVON MARTIN??? There seems to be a serious cover-up going on...he's not this sweet innocent boy. I hate that everything has to be a black / white issue instead of the truth. Whoever was right will never be known... this whole shooting has been tainted because of deception from the family & media.

There are so many post about this story so I'm not sure it this link has been posted.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

He was beaten and bleeding. There are many reports of bruises!! And if I had a gun and was beaten I would have shot also. I feel sad for the family especially now that the truth has come out about Trayvon and his gang affiliation and drug selling habits. Let this child rest in peace. Now........... I wish I could get a hold of Zimmerman to offer my home for him to hide in! The racist pigs who call themselves the black panthers and yell out black power needs to be arrested. The eyewitness is even in hiding because of the panthers!!!! and If Obama wants to save face he better call these pigs off.

I am very angry but not surprised at any of this.

I was attacked and beaten and if I had a gun at the time I would have shot not even caring where in the body I aimed. I now carry a concealed weapon and I invite any thug to approach me with ill intent!! People need to get the facts before they pass judgment on anyone.. I would feel very bad if I did kill someone in self defense but I surely shouldn't be killed, hung or jailed because of protecting myself.

My point is........... if Trayvon approached him and hit him IT WAS SELF DEFENSE!!

This is my opinion so please respect it.

Carlaangry.gif

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2