Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Force calls for political blocs to pause a media silence to create an appropriate atmosphere for the Arab summit

JustNTime

Closed borders, holiday, banks closed and now media blackout?

It certainly has me reading between the lines! ;)

All of that on top of the recent articles saying they are going to DEVALUE the dollar against the dinar 'in the next few days'...the only way for them to do that is to raise the rate of the IQD since they have no power over the dollar......it seems to me like the perfect (RV) storm is brewing...

• Upvote 2

Nelg, I have always enjoyed your posts, so I notice what your mood is, so to speak. I can tell by your posts lately, that there is a heavy weight on you from something. Hold on, we are almost there. Don't give up. Go to Chats and read 8Balls chat from two days ago. He is good and he will make you feel better. I realize this is not about just getting a warm fuzzy feeling, but he has a perspective that is logical.

Take care Nelg, we are almost there. B)

Nelg, I have to apologize. I meant to say Randy Koonce, not 8Ball, although I like 8Ball too. Sorry.

• Upvote 2

Ok boys and girls, now this is getting interesting... that gives them a few days of silence and seclusion to get things done and on the board. This is what Shabs talked about needing... ok, here it is. Now do your thing Shabs; push that RV button and get on with it...

I seem to have missed what Shabibi said he needed for the RV to occur. Or is that what he said? Exactly what did he say he needed? Does anyone remember if there was a list of things he wanted in place or situations set up to create the best circumstances for him to do the RV? They seem to be effectively shutting down much of the country with the holiday, the media silence, the Arab conference, everything is suddenly at a stand-still, except for the Middle Eastern leaders showing up and meeting with each other. The silence before the roar. Amazing!!

• Upvote 1

I seem to have missed what Shabibi said he needed for the RV to occur. Or is that what he said? Exactly what did he say he needed? Does anyone remember if there was a list of things he wanted in place or situations set up to create the best circumstances for him to do the RV? They seem to be effectively shutting down much of the country with the holiday, the media silence, the Arab conference, everything is suddenly at a stand-still, except for the Middle Eastern leaders showing up and meeting with each other. The silence before the roar. Amazing!!

At one point he had said he needed a long weekend plus the government seated, just as HisHands said in her post. I don't remember the article, sorry, just remember some of the content.

• Upvote 1

gee lets read between the lines, media blackout and banks closed as well as the borders!

no news coverage on the RV in country, no way to go to the bank and find out!

no bank open means less confusion, if it does somehow get out, borders closed so no currency can leave the country and minimize ciaos!

they are going to RV during the blackout IMHO

• Upvote 2

Well let's take it with a grain of salt. Could be more smoke and mirrors. Or maybe like the Gurus' gag order to insure that the RV wouldn't be held up because of them! Lasted what 4 hours? :D

But On The Other Hand.......

RV,RV,RV!

• Upvote 1

Well, since we are going to have a media blackout, maybe we will get some more of the recycled news! If that is the case, then maybe we can request some of The Best of Shabibi Articles. Those are always good reading!

Go RV!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• Upvote 1

Nelg, I have to apologize. I meant to say Randy Koonce, not 8Ball, although I like 8Ball too. Sorry.

Thank You Carrello... I was feeling like Nelg unsure.gif So I will be going there now.

It's just so hard to come down from the hope of thinking it is going to happen when it doesn't. This does feel different though, I've got to say. cool.gif Cheers to You Missy!

Francie this is Amazing!! ohmy.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif

I remember Shabibi saying he would need "SECURITY"!!!

• Upvote 1

I haven't paid much attention to all of the recent news regarding borders closing because it would make sense that it was happening to provide security for the Arab Summit. But......the media blackout has definitely gotten my attention. I agree with the previous post that this may all be for the Arab Summit and nothing more but, it would certainly serve as an appropriate environment for the RV too. I would love for all this "we're doing this because of the Arab Summit" to be smoke and mirrors and end up with a surprise RV. I wouldn't even be mad because they tricked us. LOL

Seriously, it is hard to get excited after waiting since 2003 and being disappointed so many times. I will agree that we are definitely headed in the right direction now though. So...here's to an exciting week ahead hopefully.

• Upvote 1

Really

so you are playing the waiting game again?

oh be sure to rush out and buy some more dinar before it hits

come on folks, as a person who lives in Iraq and have been here since 2004 I can tell each and evry one of you nothing is going to happen today tomarrow or next week

dont read anything into this summit

do you think the same country that cant even figure out how to issue a visa to the folks comming in for this summit can pull of an RV in the next week?

the answer is NO FRICKING WAY

so ive said my peace now i'll sit back and wait to be banned yet a gain

becouse i know how much you all hate the truth

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 14

***///

Hey, RUSSIANS DEBBIE DOWNER...! Shut yer pie hole...!

If we all wanna play the waiting game, awesome for us.... That nasty "buy more dinar" crack was uncalled for!... :angry:

But thanks for your contribution re: personal introspection of the Iraqi as a human. :P

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 3

Really

come on folks, as a person who lives in Iraq and have been here since 2004 I can tell each and evry one of you nothing is going to happen today tomarrow or next week

do you think the same country that cant even figure out how to issue a visa to the folks comming in for this summit can pull of an RV in the next week?

This person doesn't own any dinar. He was in chat a little while ago spreading the same stuff. Left when people started asking questions. Fraud if you ask me. :)

• Upvote 1

Really

It's pretty disrespectful to join today, again from being banned; and start calling shots like you bear wieght around here. If you have nothing but negativity to share in light of all the positive things coming out of Iraq; how about you sell me your dinar and I save you the burden of having that half empty glass?

Edited by Rogue Knight
  • Upvote 2

Nelg, I have always enjoyed your posts, so I notice what your mood is, so to speak. I can tell by your posts lately, that there is a heavy weight on you from something. Hold on, we are almost there. Don't give up. Go to Chats and read 8Balls chat from two days ago. He is good and he will make you feel better. I realize this is not about just getting a warm fuzzy feeling, but he has a perspective that is logical.

Take care Nelg, we are almost there. B)

Thanks Carrello, and I appreciate the encouraging words. I guess I have been a little down lately. I was to the point of thinking everything I read was either a repeat, had nothing to do with the RV, or hijacked by the RDers. Plus, I have not been feeling well for the past two weeks. I guess I'm tired, exhausted, and a little sick from the trip to Honduras. I could tell from a class I taught Wednesday evening that I was not "on my game." A couple of more people have expressed the same thing, and I really do appreciate your and their concern.

Ok, I'll try to do a better job of being positive and upbeat. It isn't an act. I am convinced that we are near an end to this journey of looking for the RV. Hopefully, some of our internet friendships will last for a long time. I'm not a "party guy," but I love to enjoy the company of good friends.

Again, thanks to all of you for the boost.

Nelg

• Upvote 1

I don't think it is a media blackout as much as telling the political blocks to shut their mouths during this time. Especially if it is negative and not helpful to their focus in seeing the Arab Summit be a success.

Totally agree

Thanks Carrello, and I appreciate the encouraging words. I guess I have been a little down lately. I was to the point of thinking everything I read was either a repeat, had nothing to do with the RV, or hijacked by the RDers. Plus, I have not been feeling well for the past two weeks. I guess I'm tired, exhausted, and a little sick from the trip to Honduras. I could tell from a class I taught Wednesday evening that I was not "on my game." A couple of more people have expressed the same thing, and I really do appreciate your and their concern.

Ok, I'll try to do a better job of being positive and upbeat. It isn't an act. I am convinced that we are near an end to this journey of looking for the RV. Hopefully, some of our internet friendships will last for a long time. I'm not a "party guy," but I love to enjoy the company of good friends.

Again, thanks to all of you for the boost.

Nelg

Nelg,you don't have to party we'll do it for you no problem,i might need some help any takers peace dave

• Upvote 1