Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question about deletion

Jack6851

Im just skipping all the details and getting right to it. If they delete 3 zeroes, are my 25k notes still worth 25k dinar after the RV? or will they be 25 dinar notes? Nobody has made it very clear what it will do to those who have bought those 25k notes. Maybe this was previously posted but I dont come to this section very often.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

soooooo.............the answer instead of sarcasm would be? Like I said, I go to the news section and dont bother with Rumors anymore. My laziness of reading a 5 page explanation does no good for me, especially when I cant remember half the stuff I read as soon as I read it unless it stands out which apparently nothing stood out to me. So the answer to my question would be??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, this is how I understand it.

These 3 zero articles are for the Iraqis and for them, the 25,000 and the new 25 dinar note will be equal. They get increased buying power; what used to cost them 25k will now cost 25 IQD.

Iraqis are not dealing with an exchange rate like we will. Our 25k dinar note will be worth whatever the exchange rate is to the dollar x 25,000.

So the Iraqi gets increased purchasing power and the new currency denominations will reflect that. But if you still have the old 25 k notes in Iraq it will be worth the same as the new 25 dinar note IN IRAQ.

Outside of Iraq it depends on the exchange rate of the currency you are converting to and your 25k dinar stays worth 25k dinars.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 5

Im just skipping all the details and getting right to it. If they delete 3 zeroes, are my 25k notes still worth 25k dinar after the RV? or will they be 25 dinar notes? Nobody has made it very clear what it will do to those who have bought those 25k notes. Maybe this was previously posted but I dont come to this section very often.

your 25k note will be worth a "new" 25 dinar note...and both will be worth what a 25k dinar note is worth now (about $21 US dollars) unless they adjust it to a 1 to 1 as they have discussed...at that point your 25k dinar note would be worth $25 US dollars.

At some point you will have to either cash in your 25k note or swap it for a new 25 dinar note...deleting the three zeros is a redenomination of the currency.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

This has been discussed so many times its unbelievable, look go to previous forums and you will find a ton of info on your question good luck..

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

your 25k note will be worth a "new" 25 dinar note...and both will be worth what a 25k dinar note is worth now (about $21 US dollars) unless they adjust it to a 1 to 1 as they have discussed...at that point your 25k dinar note would be worth $25 US dollars.

At some point you will have to either cash in your 25k note or swap it for a new 25 dinar note...deleting the three zeros is a redenomination of the currency.

There are two schools of thought on the answer to your question. I happen to disagree with this answer; my view is stated above. You will have to decide for yourself which of us is correct, or the closest to correct.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There are two schools of thought on the answer to your question. I happen to disagree with this answer; my view is stated above. You will have to decide for yourself which of us is correct, or the closest to correct.

Iagree absolutely, what makes sense? What is best for Iraq?

soooooo.............the answer instead of sarcasm would be? Like I said, I go to the news section and dont bother with Rumors anymore. My laziness of reading a 5 page explanation does no good for me, especially when I cant remember half the stuff I read as soon as I read it unless it stands out which apparently nothing stood out to me. So the answer to my question would be??

If you check Iraqi news you will see hundreds of articles explaining the three zero's stuff.

Why would an Iraqis 25k dinar note be worth 21 dollars and yours be worth 21,000 dollars? That's just ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why would an Iraqis 25k dinar note be worth 21 dollars and yours be worth 21,000 dollars? That's just ridiculous.

That's not what I said.

And YOU never answered my question. Do you own dinar? The way you have expressed yourself on other threads, surely you don't, because you would be an idiot if you did. According to you. Your opinion, not mine. :lol:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Ok, this is how I understand it.

These 3 zero articles are for the Iraqis and for them, the 25,000 and the new 25 dinar note will be equal. They get increased buying power; what used to cost them 25k will now cost 25 IQD.

Iraqis are not dealing with an exchange rate like we will. Our 25k dinar note will be worth whatever the exchange rate is to the dollar x 25,000.

So the Iraqi gets increased purchasing power and the new currency denominations will reflect that. But if you still have the old 25 k notes in Iraq it will be worth the same as the new 25 dinar note IN IRAQ.

Outside of Iraq it depends on the exchange rate of the currency you are converting to and your 25k dinar stays worth 25k dinars.

Hope this helps!

so your theory is that inside of Iraq the old 25k note is worth the new 25 dinar note...but outside of Iraq the 25k note is worth 25k new dinar?? really? why would it matter if it is inside of the country or outside?...why would anyone trade it in in Iraq...they would all cross the border so they could get a higher exchange...if a 25k dinar note is worth a new 25 dinar note....it doesn't matter if it is in-country or out.

• Upvote 1

Hey BigfrankD answer my question I have asked you twice now. Are you invested in the dinar?

Because with all the negativity you have posted, you do not think much of this investment. You think that everyone who thinks there is going to be a substantial revaluation is living in fantasy land, don't you?

Hey BigfrankD answer my question I have asked you twice now. Are you invested in the dinar?

Because with all the negativity you have posted, you do not think much of this investment. You think that everyone who thinks there is going to be a substantial revaluation is living in fantasy land, don't you?

Anyone that thinks the dinar is going to increase in value by 10000% or more has been misled, yes.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

let me inform you they have made a change of calling it deleting the zeros to lifting the zeros, & no you 25k notes will still be 25k notes & when the RV finally comes they will still be 25k notes.

• Upvote 1

let me inform you they have made a change of calling it deleting the zeros to lifting the zeros, & no you 25k notes will still be 25k notes & when the RV finally comes they will still be 25k notes.

100% agree w/u. what they're not saying is there will be an RV take place before the new denoms are put out in circulation. they'd be foolish to tell them that!