Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Security Council Schedule 3/21/12

Abarvets

PROGRAMME OF MEETINGS AND AGENDA

SECURITY COUNCIL

SCHEDULED MEETINGS

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

10.00 a.m. 6736th meeting Interim Security Council Chamber GA-TSC-01

1. Adoption of the agenda

2. Non-proliferation

Briefing by the Chairman of the Security Council Committee established pursuantto resolution 1737 (2006).

Morning* Consultations of the whole (closed) Interim Consultations

Room GA-TSC-02

- Sudan Sanctions Committee

- Other matters

3:00 p.m. Consultations of the whole (closed) Interim Consultations

Room GA-TSC-02

- 1701 report (S/2012/124)

- Other matters

_______

* To be held following the adjournment of the 6736th meeting.

http://www.un.org/docs/sc/unsc_dailyprogramme.html

• Upvote 2

Could this be the news Adam said he might have for us?

This is what I thought when I read the drive by chat he did this morning. We shall see. I looked on their press releases and they have done a few things and not released anything. I went according to the numbers and there is a gap. I know not everything is about Iraq but I am hoping against hope that one of them is! :)

• Upvote 1

This is what I thought when I read the drive by chat he did this morning. We shall see. I looked on their press releases and they have done a few things and not released anything. I went according to the numbers and there is a gap. I know not everything is about Iraq but I am hoping against hope that one of them is! :)

Well there are some that say in order to get out of Chapter 7 they need to say what their currency is really valued at, this would mean an RV very soon!

• Upvote 1

Well there are some that say in order to get out of Chapter 7 they need to say what their currency is really valued at, this would mean an RV very soon!

I don't tink they have to RV to be released from ch 7 but I think they would want to be fully able to protect themselves before they RV......in other words, I don't think either hinge on the other but IMO I believe ch 7 will be released first.....I think thats why they are rushing to comply with UN and make amends with Kuwait...

I think they are rushing for this reason as well. Why would they hold an Arab Summit in Baghdad? Why would they hold a summit in Iraq? What I am trying to say is why would they hold the Arab summit in a country that is still under sanctions?

They are supposed to be showing they are taking their place as the leader of the Arab world, yet they are still being controlled.

Being still under ch7 does not show them as being a leader of much of anything. They are not fully in control of themselves. How can they be the leader of the Arab world? And on top of that, they are coming to the table with eight dinars and saying, " Look at your leader Arab nations!! We have a whole penny on the table!!!" Really none of this makes sense and I believe there has to be a bigger picture.... IMO

Sorry if typos... on my phone

Edited by Lorre
  • Upvote 2

p.s. Then to make them really look good, according to the loppers, next week they will bring 8000 dinars and scream.... "Look we just made our people more poor than they already were!!! Follow our lead!!!" Ya right!

Timing is interesting as Ban Ki Moon is supposed to be at the Summit. Perhaps they will announce that Iraq is out of Chapter 7 at that point. Could be the highlight of the Summit?

It could be the highlight, but he is currently in the region and was he not touring the border between Iraq and Kuwait? That was scheduled for this week yes? A little fuzzy with all the articles that I have read. Would love it to be before the summit personally. It would bring more to the table when Iraq is dealing with the other nations. They keep say how after the summit the economy will grow and the people will be pleased. Well if you can come to the table with a currency that is worth more than a penny you have negotiations. Less than a penny, why are you wasting my time. Just my 2 cents.

I think they are rushing for this reason as well. Why would they hold an Arab Summit in Baghdad? Why would they hold a summit in Iraq? What I am trying to say is why would they hold the Arab summit in a country that is still under sanctions?

They are supposed to be showing they are taking their place as the leader of the Arab world, yet they are still being controlled.

Being still under ch7 does not show them as being a leader of much of anything. They are not fully in control of themselves. How can they be the leader of the Arab world? And on top of that, they are coming to the table with eight dinars and saying, " Look at your leader Arab nations!! We have a whole penny on the table!!!" Really none of this makes sense and I believe there has to be a bigger picture.... IMO

Sorry if typos... on my phone

Lorre

Nicely said.

I have heard that as well. I have also heard that all economic sanctions were lifted in Dec 2010, only the Kuwaiti issues remained. However, there are nations that will not recognize the currency as long as it is under chapter 7 I have heard. We all will know eventually.