Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent .. Iraq declare the closure of working hours to the first of April

WOW... WHY DID SOMEONE NEG ME FOR THAT?? NOT NICE!! :(

(I was just pointing out what the article actually SAID.. )

Just like the rest of you... Im hopeful it means more...

Don't know why someone negged you but I evened you out. No reason to neg you. Just voicing your opinion in a respectful way, God Bless!

• Upvote 2

WOW... WHY DID SOMEONE NEG ME FOR THAT?? NOT NICE!! :(

(I was just pointing out what the article actually SAID.. )

Just like the rest of you... Im hopeful it means more...

I gotcha covered! We are all just guessing, so no harm no foul! Thanks for posting your opinion!

Go RV!!!

:):):)

• Upvote 2

Lets think about it BamaG.

Why in the world would they need to close all businesses over a week before the summit?

I can see, for security reasons, they may need to block off streets, locally, to prepare right before the summit and during, But close all businesses, universities, and state offices for the whole country?!

No Way in Hades!

IMO...This should be the time for all these places to make necessary adjustments to prices, computers, and prepare for the changing of all the prices, bills, loans, etc, anything having to do with money.

I dont think the people even know it yet. They are probably all pissed off, thinking the gov't is now stopping or hindering them from making a living, just as we would if the govt mandated for all of us to close our businesses, state wide or nation wide, just because a celebration or event was being held in one city.

What say you now?

That's what I like about you JustNTime, always thinking...I like that!!!!

Let me add something else if you don't mind JNT;

When we have a holiday does it stop traffic or slow it down in the big cities...........NO

Are the freeways less congested on Saturdays and Sundays.......NO and sometime times more as well as all day long, just drive I 635 in Dallas, Texas on a weekend. We don't have a rush hour, we have a all day rush hour because everyone is out of work.

So this statement doesn't fly in my opinion;

"The purpose of this resolution alleviate congestion and traffic jams and to enable the committees to prepare for the Summit of the performance of its functions."

There must be an RV a coming.......IMO....

BTW, he/she is right it is all government offices, schools and related staff but they are the largest employees in the country....

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 5

Love the optimism, wish I could catch it. Been burned too many times on "events" that relate to the RV. Thanks for posting and I'm hoping with every body, just not getting the thuggies out. If this thing goes I can afford new pants! :)

• Upvote 2

That's what I like about you JustNTime, always thinking...I like that!!!!

Let me add something else if you don't mind JNT;

When we have a holiday does it stop traffic or slow it down in the big cities...........NO

Are the freeways less congested on Saturdays and Sundays.......NO and sometime times more as well as all day long, just drive I 635 in Dallas, Texas on a weekend. We don't have a rush hour, we have a all day rush hour because everyone is out of work.

So this statement doesn't fly in my opinion;

"The purpose of this resolution alleviate congestion and traffic jams and to enable the committees to prepare for the Summit of the performance of its functions."

There must be an RV a coming.......IMO....

BTW, he/she is right it is all government offices, schools and related staff but they are the largest employees in the country....

Well, I want to agree with some of what you say about traffic. I live in a little town west of you called Los Angeles and on holidays the traffic on the freeways are noticeable lighter on traffic. When the schools are out and the banks are closed it makes a huge difference on the roadways, at least in this little town.

• Upvote 2

Lets think about it BamaG.

Why in the world would they need to close all businesses over a week before the summit?

I can see, for security reasons, they may need to block off streets, locally, to prepare right before the summit and during, But close all businesses, universities, and state offices for the whole country?!

No Way in Hades!

IMO...This should be the time for all these places to make necessary adjustments to prices, computers, and prepare for the changing of all the prices, bills, loans, etc, anything having to do with money.

I dont think the people even know it yet. They are probably all pissed off, thinking the gov't is now stopping or hindering them from making a living, just as we would if the govt mandated for all of us to close our businesses, state wide or nation wide, just because a celebration or event was being held in one city.

What say you now?

OK now that outline I'm on board with well said. +++++

• Upvote 2

Well, I want to agree with some of what you say about traffic. I live in a little town west of you called Los Angeles and on holidays the traffic on the freeways are noticeable lighter on traffic. When the schools are out and the banks are closed it makes a huge difference on the roadways, at least in this little town.

Really, I have spent a lot of time all over L. A. and there is no time that traffic is good.JMHO

See I had a office in Beverly Hills and a condo in West Hollywood so I know all about that area but your right the suburbs it does make a lot of defference.

But you could be right and I could be wrong too,

see you or i don't know enough about Baghdad to know for sure!

I just stated my opinion, little town..:P :P :P ..

• Upvote 2

Really, I have spent a lot of time all over L. A. and there is no time that traffic is good.JMHO

See I had a office in Beverly Hills and a condo in West Hollywood so I know all about that area but your right the suburbs it does make a lot of defference.

But you could be right and I could be wrong too,

see you or i don't know enough about Baghdad to know for sure!

I just stated my opinion, little town..:P :P :P ..

"Traffic".... ya'll have no idea about traffic unsure.gif ... one time we were working on a Bed and Breakfast in the mountains... and "once" while sitting on the front porch two cars actually met going opposite directions out front of the place.... holy cow... I have never seen traffic like that!!! ohmy.gifrolleyes.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

"Traffic".... ya'll have no idea about traffic unsure.gif ... one time we were working on a Bed and Breakfast in the mountains... and "once" while sitting on the front porch two cars actually met going opposite directions out front of the place.... holy cow... I have never seen traffic like that!!! ohmy.gifrolleyes.gifwink.giflaugh.gif

Hahaha :lol: You are a card! :o Opps, I didn't mean to turn you into one!

• Upvote 1

Iraqi government announced on Tuesday, the disruption of working hours of next Sunday for the very first of the month of ]He said government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement reported for"Council of Ministers decided to disable the official working hours in all departments and state institutions, schools and universities from next Sunday for the very first of the month of April."

The government's decision in conjunction with the embrace of the Iraqi capital Baghdad at the end of this month the Arab summit, amid tight security.

...this is not relative to a Iraqi dinar RV event at all. The article explains this to you. why do you all get so repeatedly worked up like this esp. since explanations for this and similar events are cleary described to you in the articles?? I see this here all the time and it makes me what about your mental health....

Edited by investmentportfolio
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7

...this is not relative to a Iraqi dinar RV event at all. The article explains this to you. why do you all get so repeatedly worked up like this esp. since explanations for this and similar events are cleary described to you in the articles?? I see this here all the time and it makes me what about your mental health....

Why someone neg you I don't know. I tried to even you out but we need help from someone else.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Why someone neg you I don't know. I tried to even you out but we need help from someone else.

You are right. No reason to neg. I had a spare + so I got it covered! Have a great day Emmet and thanks for the post Investmentportfolio.

• Upvote 1

While it is possible that this event has nothing to do with the RV to close everything until the 1st is a bit on the long side. The article did also mention that the committees will still be working on summitt business. That tells me that they folks will still be on the road. I really do not believe that they will all be working from home.

Having been involved in a Summit previously there is going to be a lot of traffic starting this weekend. Foreign press will arrive ahead of the leaders to set up their offices, security officials from the various countries shall arrive to sweep, lower level diplomats having meetings and making certain the boss looks good. These are just a few of the things, not to mention any entertainment that may correspond to the event. The cars have to be in place, the drivers, etc. the list goes on.

We did have closures at the summit however, they did not occur until the first day of the Summit. Local businesses remained open to foot traffic only, everything else was in lockdown. It was amazing, but the days were long. I can only imagine what it will be like over there, not having hosted anything like this for some time.

I wish them well and am still hopeful that the value will change prior to the event. I am a believer that they will be in a better position to negotiate with a currency worth more than a tenth of a penny.

• Upvote 1

SEE.. thats just it.

All of this news about banks closing; extra security, closing governmental institutions etc..

IS FOR THE SUMMIT!

I mean, it makes sense doesnt it?

IF they wanted to RV at this time.. THAT MAKES SENSE TOO, seeing how everything might be simultaneously condusive.

But, as some of you have stated, not ALL the news about various topics, has to do with an RV.

I know we WANT IT TO.. but it doesnt.

All these "back wall" dates that Iraq HAS to revalue their currency by.. have always come and gone.

I am as hopeful as the rest.. and I believe in this investment, or else I obviously wouldnt be here!! ;)

BUT.. I know everyone has their hopes set SO HIGH that it will happen before this summit.. But if it doesnt...I am truly afraid that some people will fall VERY HARD and honestly.. I just dont want to see that to happen to anyone.. :(

• Upvote 2

Next month when your still sitting here waiting for it

then you will understand.

Next yr when your still waiting for it, then you will begin to

see a pattern. Not just with the CBI but with the newer members, with the

gurus, with the news, hell you will even begin to notice that every time

we think they have a window of opportunity Obama will start giving

speeches about raising taxes on the rich.

Now we even bring up the ISO code thing again, just like last yr.

This is just so much B.S. . and not enough action.

So yes AMAZING what greed and desperation will lead us to do.

Boy, you just can't be positive at all can you?

Why are you even here if you don't think this will happen any time soon?

• Upvote 1