Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Urgent .. Iraq declare the closure of working hours to the first of April

Urgent .. Iraq declare the closure of working hours to the first of April

TUESDAY, MARCH 20 / MARCH 2012 12:39

Twilight News / Iraqi government announced on Tuesday, the disruption of working hours of next Sunday for the very first of the month of April.

bghdad0scaf23fo2_594793903.jpg

He said government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement reported for"Twilight News","Council of Ministers decided to disable the official working hours in all departments and state institutions, schools and universities from next Sunday for the very first of the month of April."

"The purpose of this resolution alleviate congestion and traffic jams and to enable the committees to prepare for the Summit of the performance of its functions."

The government's decision in conjunction with the embrace of the Iraqi capital Baghdad at the end of this month the Arab summit, amid tight security.

However, Baghdad and several other cities have seen an escalation in the pace Mlhzawa security, when a multi-vehicle bomb and improvised explosive devices targeting officials and security elements and civilians.

• Upvote 6

Ok I have to admit. All the news that has came out this week, along with Adam.............Well I am officially freakin out lol. I wonder if its normal to be scared. Time to relax with a momosa :)

I bet you're not the only one freakin out, I'm opening a bottle of wine and I'll just tighten my seat belt and hope to reach the end of this ride.

• Upvote 1

Ok I have to admit. All the news that has came out this week, along with Adam.............Well I am officially freakin out lol. I wonder if its normal to be scared. Time to relax with a momosa :)

Freakin out is putting it mildly for how I'm feeling....

• Upvote 2

Very interesting folks.......get those defibrillators ready for the weak of heart....

Zig, I think I just came up with a new song...:P :P :P:unsure: ...

I bet you're not the only one freakin out, I'm opening a bottle of wine and I'll just tighten my seat belt and hope to reach the end of this ride.

A bottle of wine....:huh: ..where you at Tony?....or is it 5 o'clock somewhere...:lol: :lol: :lol::unsure: ...

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3

Maybe I am blind as a bat, deaf as a post, whatever negative I can be ... but I don't see how preparing for the summit has anything at all to do with the RV. I doubt the RV is something they will want to do while the summit is going on ... they are looking to prove they can host an Arab function on their own sucessfully. That really has nothing to do with currency revaluation.

:huh:

smee2

• Upvote 2

Very interesting folks.......get those defibrillators ready for the weak of heart....

Zig, I think I just came up with a new song...:P :P :P:unsure: ...

A bottle of wine....:huh: ..where you at Tony?....or is it 5 o'clock somewhere...:lol: :lol: :lol::unsure: ...

Haha, it's 11 am here in the north east, that's close enough to lunch time. :lol:

• Upvote 3

IMO; Iraqi's know it would be foolish to RUSH to their banks and stand in line, only for a 1 to 1 exchange. They would be open targets on the streets for criminals. The smart Iraqi's already have their stash of millions in electronic Dinar. I'm sure their are also those that have 3 zero notes in their posession, but not as many with millions as you may think. Their cash in is an exchange people. Our cash in will be for PROFIT!!!

• Upvote 2

Maybe I am blind as a bat, deaf as a post, whatever negative I can be ... but I don't see how preparing for the summit has anything at all to do with the RV. I doubt the RV is something they will want to do while the summit is going on ... they are looking to prove they can host an Arab function on their own sucessfully. That really has nothing to do with currency revaluation.

smee2

Smee, I guess us "old timers" just bring a little realism to the boards, I am with you. I just don't see all this being connected to an RV.

• Upvote 1

smee2

I'm with you smee2. I think this is just a security measure relative to the summit. I read the article about the bombings in USA Today today, and certainly preventing anything like that happening during the summit is of utmost importance.

• Upvote 1

Urgent, urgent, urgent.......something is definetely happening, I just pray it's what we are all hoping for!!!

Lets think about it BamaG.

Why in the world would they need to close all businesses over a week before the summit?

I can see, for security reasons, they may need to block off streets, locally, to prepare right before the summit and during, But close all businesses, universities, and state offices for the whole country?!

No Way in Hades!

IMO...This should be the time for all these places to make necessary adjustments to prices, computers, and prepare for the changing of all the prices, bills, loans, etc, anything having to do with money.

I dont think the people even know it yet. They are probably all pissed off, thinking the gov't is now stopping or hindering them from making a living, just as we would if the govt mandated for all of us to close our businesses, state wide or nation wide, just because a celebration or event was being held in one city.

What say you now?

• Upvote 10

@JustN...I say WOW....I didn't even think about all the price changing and stuff....we really are 'on the brink', aren't we......I hope we all survive the initial shock of whats coming, no matter how much we have dreamed about this the reality of it is fixing to be here.....Good luck to us all and God bless.....thanks JustN!

• Upvote 3

:rolleyes:

Another Iraqi vacation! :lol:

Oh well, I would hope that the minimum that they will get out of this summit, is the key to the lock for the Chapter 7 release! Anything over and above that, I think is the icing on the cake. Iraq has worked very hard the last few weeks to get the Chapter 7 release, and I think this is very possible this next week.

Go RV!!

:D:D:D

• Upvote 3

Why in the world would they need to close all businesses over a week before the summit?

I can see, for security reasons, they may need to block off streets, locally, to prepare right before the summit and during, But close all businesses, universities, and state offices for the whole country?!

No Way in Hades!

IMO...This should be the time for all these places to make necessary adjustments to prices, computers, and prepare for the changing of all the prices, bills, loans, etc, anything having to do with money.

I dont think the people even know it yet. They are probably all pissed off, thinking the gov't is now stopping or hindering them from making a living, just as we would if the govt mandated for all of us to close our businesses, state wide or nation wide, just because a celebration or event was being held in one city.

What say you now?

That is some very logical thinking! Thanks for bringing that to our attention! I appreciate all you bring to us here at DV! Doggone it! Now I am really getting excited!

• Upvote 3

No Way in Hades!

What say you now?

I didn't even think about that! But it definitely makes a lot of sense!

+1 for you! :D

• Upvote 2

It's o.k. to be scared... that's what thuggies are for!!! laugh.gif

We best all be sure we have a good supply in stock! rolleyes.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

• Upvote 1

The article didnt say all businesses...

It sounds jjust like it will be closing any state or governmental operations for the week.

That doesnt have anything to do with local business people and shop owners, etc..

This Arab Summit is HUGE and I think with Iraq/Bagdad being such a volatile area with all the bombings and such, it only makes sense to close important agencies and heighten security to the max.

I hope some of you are not making more out of this than it appears.

(STILL HOPEFUL THOUGH! YOU NEVER KNOW WITH IRAQ!!) ;)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1