Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bank Closed

DinarBot

Today has been a Scheduled Holiday for the CBI for some time now "Spring Day", but Warka closing for a week is crazy! IMO, Shabs will never have an opportunity like this to pull an RV off! :D I'm stoked! I think I read where the ISX was closing too?

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=TheCbi

Thanks,..... that's what I needed to know and it explains why the date of the rate and auction has not updated....

• Upvote 1

When they finally decide to come to the 21st century, become a full WTO member/ OPEC member/ internationally traded currency...these 2 week holidays will have to end.

I get your drift, but Iraq was one of the original members of OPEC, and an Iraqi serves as president this year. They need a tradeable currency before they can be a permanent member of the WTO, and we know they are moving in that direction.

The holidays are excessive, but in this case, a two week holiday is for security and success, and I do not believe it is just for a 3 day summit. If our country had a president visiting a city and bombs were exploding through that city, you bet we would close down the city to gain a secure environment. al Qaida has already taken responsibility for the bombings and killings and maimings that have taken place. I do not think their mischief is over.

Moving to the 21st century is exactly what they are working towards, and considering their background and what they are coming from, I think they are doing a good job. Don't forget what it takes to do this - take a dictatorship in a broken country and bring it forward. This is a monumental task, monumental, and you cannot change culture overnight.

As I recall from one of the recent articles not only are the banks to be closed, government, education and other businesses as well until after the summit. We shall see.............

I read the same, Abarvets.

• Upvote 1

I get your drift, but Iraq was one of the original members of OPEC, and an Iraqi serves as president this year. They need a tradeable currency before they can be a permanent member of the WTO, and we know they are moving in that direction.

The holidays are excessive, but in this case, a two week holiday is for security and success, and I do not believe it is just for a 3 day summit. If our country had a president visiting a city and bombs were exploding through that city, you bet we would close down the city to gain a secure environment. al Qaida has already taken responsibility for the bombings and killings and maimings that have taken place. I do not think their mischief is over.

Moving to the 21st century is exactly what they are working towards, and considering their background and what they are coming from, I think they are doing a good job. Don't forget what it takes to do this - take a dictatorship in a broken country and bring it forward. This is a monumental task, monumental, and you cannot change culture overnight.

I read the same, Abarvets.

You are, of course correct Carrello, I was just spouting off...that is all.

• Upvote 1

Today has been a Scheduled Holiday for the CBI for some time now "Spring Day", but Warka closing for a week is crazy! IMO, Shabs will never have an opportunity like this to pull an RV off! :D I'm stoked! I think I read where the ISX was closing too?

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=TheCbi

Hmmm.... We all know when a new business expands or remodels all windows and doors are closed , they are working inside to get all new things in order, then they have the Grand (RV) Opening,

All who are invited are ready to see all the improvements ;)

I/we are excited for Iraq as a nation, and of course our investment :P

Go RV B) B)

You are, of course correct Carrello, I was just spouting off...that is all.

I understand what you are saying, and my comments were not directed at you specifically really, but to all that criticize the Iraqi progress. From outside the looking glass, the conditions are troubling, but look where the Iraqis are coming from.

For many of us that this RV would change our lives, it is hard to understand why they do the things they do, so that they cannot change theirs. Simple enough, right? We just need to be patient for a few more days, and the Iraqis and us will seea bigger life around the corner.

Take care, blaineage. Keep smiling. You and I will never, never, have an opportunity like this again, well, unless you bought Apple at $6. B)

• Upvote 2