Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Political tool... different angle

M_H

I visit each day to catch up on news. I rarely participate because why waste your time without anything meaningful to add?

I've not seen this thought process yet so I figured I would throw it out there. As many have speculated, the RV could have been used as a political tool to help ensure a victory at the election polls. This concept never sat right with me once we crossed over the 30 days pre-election mark because the argument of "buying an election" would be so prevalent (and rightfully so). As I gather what I can on the election results, it seems to me that initial findings seems to support what was expected in terms of different candidates being strong in certain areas.

Perhaps there was very little doubt in Maliki's camp as to whether or not they would get the votes needed to win. Perhaps the fact that losing groups threatening to not respect the vote totals and proclaim their own winner was equally foreseeable. I would argue that the RV is too powerful to ignore it as a political tool. In the end, perhaps this tool was better served to unite the country in the "aftermath" of a free election. Clearly there will be issues/problems as the results settle in. Most problems go away when you throw money at it. I doubt that political unrest could survive long when everyone is rolling around in cash.

Just a thought, for whatever it's worth...

I visit each day to catch up on news. I rarely participate because why waste your time without anything meaningful to add?

I've not seen this thought process yet so I figured I would throw it out there. As many have speculated, the RV could have been used as a political tool to help ensure a victory at the election polls. This concept never sat right with me once we crossed over the 30 days pre-election mark because the argument of "buying an election" would be so prevalent (and rightfully so). As I gather what I can on the election results, it seems to me that initial findings seems to support what was expected in terms of different candidates being strong in certain areas.

Perhaps there was very little doubt in Maliki's camp as to whether or not they would get the votes needed to win. Perhaps the fact that losing groups threatening to not respect the vote totals and proclaim their own winner was equally foreseeable. I would argue that the RV is too powerful to ignore it as a political tool. In the end, perhaps this tool was better served to unite the country in the "aftermath" of a free election. Clearly there will be issues/problems as the results settle in. Most problems go away when you throw money at it. I doubt that political unrest could survive long when everyone is rolling around in cash.

Thanks for posting this, you may be on to something here. :)

remember last year we had a poll rv before or after elections. before won, but alot voted for after!! jim...i beleive in 2010 rv. early 2010, because as M,S stated need all or most of the large bills back by end of year. just because they have to give progress reports doesn't mean iminent RV!! I TRULY believe dates and rates are only guesses. someone will get it right because as you know by now it's going to rv dang near every day!!!

And you say nothing meaningful to say? Nothing wrong with this.. :)

remember last year we had a poll rv before or after elections. before won, but alot voted for after!! jim...i beleive in 2010 rv. early 2010, because as M,S stated need all or most of the large bills back by end of year. just because they have to give progress reports doesn't mean iminent RV!! I TRULY believe dates and rates are only guesses. someone will get it right because as you know by now it's going to rv dang near every day!!!

Maliki, Shabibi, nor any other official of the CBI/GOI has ever stated that they are taking in big notes in 2010**. This is a very interpretive opinion of some very vague and ambiguous information. It is one thing to believe it as a theory or opinion, but another thing to state is as a fact coming from official representatives of the Iraqi government. Please differentiate between your opinions and provable facts.

** If you disagree, I'm still waiting for someone to show me any article or other information the specifically states that only large notes are being reclaimed to the CBI. You can disagree with me if you'd like, but it is only your opinion unless you can prove otherwise.

FP

Edited by Fi3ry_Ph03n1x
Grammar, clarification of point

Thanks for the opinion. I agree. At a time after the election when the mayhem could start over who counted what, who's elected, who' not, this sort of change could definitely give people a necessary distraction for their differences and make a push to just get on with things.

Good post.