Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE $50,000 DOLLAR BAG OF GROCERIES......

Legolas

Yota posted an RD article a short time ago...it's pretty clear with not much room for interpretation...it will be interesting to see how they spin it into an RV article overnight.....' Iraq's next challenge"

Yeah I read that and it is clear. It has been clear though for a long time. Many people still dont understand what is going on. Hopefully many will learn.

But it would be great if this very interesting debate / discussion could get known to as many folks as possible.

It's stimulating for the mind.. Then of course everybody can decide whatever....

So it'd be really good if Dinarck and Legolas could be allowed to post on any section of Forum....

A good and well explained and articulated dose of Economic Realism to at least try and counter-balance the overboarding of spacing out "Gurus" statements.

Not so many Members come over here.

the thing though, and i do like and respect leg, and dinarck, but the conversations always turned unproductive when they were in the regular forums.

no offense to the rd crowd, in fact i spend most of my time in the lop forum now, because i like to debate, but sometimes they come off a little harsh, and it turns alot of people off.

i dont mind if they try to shread me, i have thick skin, and i think they like messing with me, and i like messing with them, but when it turns unproductive, it does no-one any good

the problem is double sided, so dont think i am picking on them, but we do have more people, me included, that feel this will rv, and we dont want to turn people off.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

the thing though, and i do like and respect leg, and dinarck, but the conversations always turned unproductive when they were in the regular forums.

no offense to the rd crowd, in fact i spend most of my time in the lop forum now, because i like to debate, but sometimes they come off a little harsh, and it turns alot of people off.

i dont mind if they try to shread me, i have thick skin, and i think they like messing with me, and i like messing with them, but when it turns unproductive, it does no-one any good

the problem is double sided, so dont think i am picking on them, but we do have more people, me included, that feel this will rv, and we dont want to turn people off.

I agree sonny. Believe it or not I actually started turning myself off with constantly having to correct everyone in the main forums. :lol: Then of course I would be attacked viciously and attack back the same way and it was a constant battle instead of productive debate. I still enjoy reading in the mains but sometimes I am glad that I cannot respond becasue I know the outcome. If any finally want to learn about what is really going on then maybe they will find their way here. Those that want no other point of view can stay in thier own little world. Although it is going to get tougher to convince many of a positive outcome with articles like the one Yota posted earlier. Why not start bringing those articles straight here. I am not saying that the RVers shouldnt be exposed to them I am just saying that maybe they will migrate down here with them so that they can see them debated with logic instead of embarassing themselves with absolute delusion in stating they mean RV. Many probably dont even know this section exsist since they dont understand redenominations but I would really love to see Stryker in here breaking them down for us. LOL. I promise I would keep it civil.

• Upvote 2

What is your opinion of the auctions? Will old dinar still be traded or will new dinar be traded. When selling USD it seems to me that old dinar would be given for it in an attempt remove the old currency quickly.

Don't know. But if the new dinars are official currency I don't see how they could not accept them in the auctions. But if some entity wants to pay in IQD, I'm sure it would be acceptable. After all they only have to first exchange it for new-dinars so there isn't really a difference in that sense. Once the RD is in full swing there is no advantage to keep IQD and since eventually you have to exchange there is an incentive to turn in IQD. So getting the IQD back I don't think will be any problem.

I hear ya Darin. Still have to say that .01 isnt possible. Overnight anyway. Maybe over the course of 5 to 10 years. It has taken nearly ten years to go from 4000 to 1170 so maybe not a full 10 years but I think it would be slowly. Lets see. That would make the 1000 dinar note worth what? 10 bucks or 100 bucks? I am no good at math. Ok just busted out the calculator and it would be worth 10 bucks. So my question would be would they need lower denoms? This means the 25,000 note would be worth 250 dollars. At the point of appreciation that the dinar reached .01 I would say that the current currency would still be good to go. They would have 250 worth 2.50 a 500 worth 5.00 a 1000 worth 10.00 and 5000 worth 50.00 a 10,000 worth 100, and a 25,000 worth 250. Let me know if I got all that right.This sounds like a much more reasonable currency value for the country of Iraq but the question still remains how fast can they get there? That is a good debate to have and there is no one on this site that I would rather have it with than you. I know you have hinted to them getting there overnight by using a 2 zero RD. I dont know if that is possible either being how it is nothing more than a RV to .01 overnight but it could be for all I know. Something more to debate. Come Legolas. Throw your 2 cents in here. Keepem, Hopefull, Sonny. What does everyone say?

Not saying that it would happen overnight, but it could happen rather quickly over a period of time.

Increasing it to $0.01 would really be no different than removing 2 zeros instead of 3 & a R/V to put the new notes to a $1

Basically, it comes out as a R/V @ $0.01

Could it be possible? I think it could, even in an overnight fashion, because the CBI sets the rate they could simply amend their monetary policy in the swipe of a few pen strokes and trade at $0.01 vs their previous rate.

They have $60 billion in their reserves

If they were to R/V to lets say a $0.01, they would need nearly $600 billion in their reserves so to speak

We can also look at additional factors that may help them reduce circulation in the use of selling bonds.

The CBI does not seem to sell bonds to often but that is one way to help reduce circulation and adding value to back what is in circulation.

I think Enoch8 also did a great chat explaining some factors on this on the idea as well.

$0.01 would = 10 times our money

$0.10 would = 100 times our money

10 times our money seems more realistic, and still proves this to be a great ROI for what we put in.

A penny wouldn't make many millionaires unless they've invested a LOT, but it will definitely help many people and their financial problems.

Not saying that it would happen overnight, but it could happen rather quickly over a period of time.

Increasing it to $0.01 would really be no different than removing 2 zeros instead of 3 & a R/V to put the new notes to a $1

Basically, it comes out as a R/V @ $0.01

Could it be possible? I think it could, even in an overnight fashion, because the CBI sets the rate they could simply amend their monetary policy in the swipe of a few pen strokes and trade at $0.01 vs their previous rate.

They have $60 billion in their reserves

If they were to R/V to lets say a $0.01, they would need nearly $600 billion in their reserves so to speak

We can also look at additional factors that may help them reduce circulation in the use of selling bonds.

The CBI does not seem to sell bonds to often but that is one way to help reduce circulation and adding value to back what is in circulation.

I think Enoch8 also did a great chat explaining some factors on this on the idea as well.

$0.01 would = 10 times our money

$0.10 would = 100 times our money

10 times our money seems more realistic, and still proves this to be a great ROI for what we put in.

A penny wouldn't make many millionaires unless they've invested a LOT, but it will definitely help many people and their financial problems.

Hey Darin. That's an interesting theory, and your numbers might very well work. Good thinking anyway. A return of 10X our original investment would be awesome. BUT, and it's a big but, I really don't see why Iraq would do it. It definitely helps US, the major U.S, investors, but wouldn't do much of anything for the average Iraqi citizen, and would still cost Iraq Billions of Dollars, where the RD scenario does not, and accomplishes the same thing. A redenomination followed by RV to $1 or more accomplishes everything they want to achieve without making the infidels wealthy.

I feel reasonably certain that Dr. Shabibi and the G.O.I are well aware of these Dinar websites. They may or may not look at them frequently, but we can be sure they realize EXACTLY how much money they have made for Iraq, laughing all the way to the bank. I just don't see them returning the favor by doing something they don't have to do, when the RD makes more sense. Shabibi is a Harvard educated economist, and unfortunately, I think he's going to do what's best for Iraq. They've been pretty clear in what they're saying they're going to do. But we can hope. ;)

Help me out her,

Never paid much attention to this forum but it's hard to deny the articles coming out lately and deny a LOP.

Ok so lets say we wake up one day here and overnight our currency has increased in value, lets just say it doubles.

Does this mean that my bag of groceries today would suddenly buy me twice as many groceries. I don't think so.

Not here anyway, but if i fly to a Euro zone my purchasing power doubles . Of course it does.

Does my mortgage amount change? Why would it?

Doesn't our currency revalue daily ( fluctuate ) . Does my mortgage change? No Its Fixed!

I am a admitted dummy when it comes to this stuff so i value everyone's opinion on here.

And I'll through this in

GO SHABS!!!!!

I would be extremely happy with a 1 cent rate!!!

I hear ya Darin. Still have to say that .01 isnt possible. Overnight anyway. Maybe over the course of 5 to 10 years. It has taken nearly ten years to go from 4000 to 1170 so maybe not a full 10 years but I think it would be slowly. Lets see. That would make the 1000 dinar note worth what? 10 bucks or 100 bucks? I am no good at math. Ok just busted out the calculator and it would be worth 10 bucks. So my question would be would they need lower denoms? This means the 25,000 note would be worth 250 dollars. At the point of appreciation that the dinar reached .01 I would say that the current currency would still be good to go. They would have 250 worth 2.50 a 500 worth 5.00 a 1000 worth 10.00 and 5000 worth 50.00 a 10,000 worth 100, and a 25,000 worth 250. Let me know if I got all that right.This sounds like a much more reasonable currency value for the country of Iraq but the question still remains how fast can they get there? That is a good debate to have and there is no one on this site that I would rather have it with than you. I know you have hinted to them getting there overnight by using a 2 zero RD. I dont know if that is possible either being how it is nothing more than a RV to .01 overnight but it could be for all I know. Something more to debate. Come Legolas. Throw your 2 cents in here. Keepem, Hopefull, Sonny. What does everyone say?

Hey Dck. I'm not ignoring your posts, I just don't think I can say it any better than you have. I've always agreed with every one of your posts, and you've done a great job of presenting the position. When I post, I try to make them as thought-provoking as possible, breaking them down to answers to simple questions. I think if we can eliminate the complexities and the tons of BS, people will more easily understand the concepts.

We have to realize that over the past 8 years, MANY thousands of people have been brainwashed to believe that a $1,000 investment can magically turn into 1-3 MILLION Dollars, virtually overnight. Ordinarily, if someone told them something like that they would laugh, and consider the person to be clinically insane. But this situation is different. The Dinar RV has been very carefully devised and promoted to sound VERY logical - UNTIL you eliminate all the BS and look at the real numbers and ask and answer the right questions. Then it slowly becomes easier to understand the realities.

There is great strength in numbers. When an entire community believes something and supports it, it's difficult to change their minds, especially when you're trying to convince them of something they don't want to hear. Who wouldn't want to believe that "tomorrow," if they'll just be patient, and continue to spend money "they can afford to lose" - that they'll be a multi-millionaire - EVEN if they've been told the SAME thing every day for at least 5 years now. Virtually everyone knows that "OAKIE" is a crazy liar - yet they'll easily believe someone else who is essentially telling them something very similar. More people are beginning to look carefully at the evidence, and at the hundreds of articles which have essentially been saying the same thing for several years now. It just takes time to absorb the information and make sense of it. Keep up the great work! ;)

• Upvote 1

Help me out her,

Never paid much attention to this forum but it's hard to deny the articles coming out lately and deny a LOP.

Ok so lets say we wake up one day here and overnight our currency has increased in value, lets just say it doubles.

Does this mean that my bag of groceries today would suddenly buy me twice as many groceries. I don't think so.

Not here anyway, but if i fly to a Euro zone my purchasing power doubles . Of course it does.

Doesn't our currency revalue daily ( fluctuate ) . Does my mortgage change? No Its Fixed!

I am a admitted dummy when it comes to this stuff so i value everyone's opinion on here.

And I'll through this in

GO SHABS!!!!!

I would be extremely happy with a 1 cent rate!!!

Well if the value of the dollar doubled then tecnically imports would become twice as cheap so as soon as they hit the market then we should be able to buy more of them with each dollar. That is how it is suppose to work anyway. Right now we see everything going up in price but I dont think it has as much to do with a falling dollar value as it has to do with rising gas prices. The more that gas cost the more it cost to ship goods so the price is transfered to the consumer. Also food is grown by diesel. What I mean is all of the farm equipment uses fuel to operate so again the added cost are reflected in market price. Seafood is the same. Here on the coast the price of shrimp and fish has skyrocketed.

Got off topic there a little but would your mortgage change? No but the value of your house would double. Or would it? If it was worth 150,000 the day before it would still be worth 150,000 but that 150,000 is now worth twice what it was. It would not become worth 300,000. Technically you could build a house the same size the next day for 75,000 because the imported material would be half as exspensive but would you have to now pay the laborers twice what you were paying them? No because each dollar you pay them is worth twice what it was. You could also go buy two houses in Europe for the price of one in the US. This is a perfect example of why a RV of even a 100% could never happen overnight. Economics just doent work that way. It all sounds great and seems that it would solve all of Iraqs problems but if it were possible then why hasnt the US done it? Or any country for that matter. A country cannot come out and say, OK all citizens, the value of your house and all your money is now worth double what it was yesterday.

Hey Dck. I'm not ignoring your posts, I just don't think I can say it any better than you have. I've always agreed with every one of your posts, and you've done a great job of presenting the position. When I post, I try to make them as thought-provoking as possible, breaking them down to answers to simple questions. I think if we can eliminate the complexities and the tons of BS, people will more easily understand the concepts.

We have to realize that over the past 8 years, MANY thousands of people have been brainwashed to believe that a $1,000 investment can magically turn into 1-3 MILLION Dollars, virtually overnight. Ordinarily, if someone told them something like that they would laugh, and consider the person to be clinically insane. But this situation is different. The Dinar RV has been very carefully devised and promoted to sound VERY logical - UNTIL you eliminate all the BS and look at the real numbers and ask and answer the right questions. Then it slowly becomes easier to understand the realities.

There is great strength in numbers. When an entire community believes something and supports it, it's difficult to change their minds, especially when you're trying to convince them of something they don't want to hear. Who wouldn't want to believe that "tomorrow," if they'll just be patient, and continue to spend money "they can afford to lose" - that they'll be a multi-millionaire - EVEN if they've been told the SAME thing every day for at least 5 years now. Virtually everyone knows that "OAKIE" is a crazy liar - yet they'll easily believe someone else who is essentially telling them something very similar. More people are beginning to look carefully at the evidence, and at the hundreds of articles which have essentially been saying the same thing for several years now. It just takes time to absorb the information and make sense of it. Keep up the great work! ;)

Yeah the psychological effect of being told you are about to become a multimillionare any minute is overwhelming. Especially when you believe it with every ounce of your being. We should not underestimate that effect. Many are willing to look at other opinions but many will fight tooth and nail to defend their position. It seems it is like a drug. The high of imagining a life of leisure can be addictive. It is human nature. We can state our opinions with logic and reasoning based on economics and the information coming out of Iraq and people can choose to agree or choose to disagree. That is really all we can do. Many come with attacks and many come with questions, many come with their opinions, and many just come with remarks. Anyway I guess that is what makes up a forum on such a touchy subject. I for one am still in the process of learning so I think discussions on options we may or may not have post RD are important. Maybe we are not there yet at this point but with articles surfacing like the one that Yota posted yesterday, something tells me we are getting there quick and those discussions may start becoming more prevelant.

Yeah the psychological effect of being told you are about to become a multimillionare any minute is overwhelming. Especially when you believe it with every ounce of your being. We should not underestimate that effect. Many are willing to look at other opinions but many will fight tooth and nail to defend their position. It seems it is like a drug. The high of imagining a life of leisure can be addictive. It is human nature. We can state our opinions with logic and reasoning based on economics and the information coming out of Iraq and people can choose to agree or choose to disagree. That is really all we can do. Many come with attacks and many come with questions, many come with their opinions, and many just come with remarks. Anyway I guess that is what makes up a forum on such a touchy subject. I for one am still in the process of learning so I think discussions on options we may or may not have post RD are important. Maybe we are not there yet at this point but with articles surfacing like the one that Yota posted yesterday, something tells me we are getting there quick and those discussions may start becoming more prevelant.

Yep, I agree. The human brain is an amazing organ, and inputted data can have the same euphoric effects as a drug. I'm not sure how long it takes to design, print and distribute a new currency set, let alone for the slow-moving G.O.I. to implement the laws required to make it happen, but the September date mentioned in a bunch of the articles doesn't seem unreasonable. I sure HOPE we know by then, but I won't be a bit surprised if it takes longer. 42 months of this insanity is WAY too much. I can't even imagine how Umbertino and some of the others who have been waiting 6-8 YEARS are feeling by now. What a ride!

At any rate, the speculators have paid the costs of design, printing and distribution many times over, so it's time they do SOMETHING, one way or the other. :P

Yep, I agree. The human brain is an amazing organ, and inputted data can have the same euphoric effects as a drug. I'm not sure how long it takes to design, print and distribute a new currency set, let alone for the slow-moving G.O.I. to implement the laws required to make it happen, but the September date mentioned in a bunch of the articles doesn't seem unreasonable. I sure HOPE we know by then, but I won't be a bit surprised if it takes longer. 42 months of this insanity is WAY too much. I can't even imagine how Umbertino and some of the others who have been waiting 6-8 YEARS are feeling by now. What a ride!

At any rate, the speculators have paid the costs of design, printing and distribution many times over, so it's time they do SOMETHING, one way or the other. :P

I think basically what we are all doing now is waiting to see the new currency code. When we see that then the nail is in the coffin.

Lets say that all this RD talk is smoke from them. How would they back out now? Well I guess it would be easy. They simply start putting out articles and press releases saying that they could not come to an agreement or that economic conditions have changed or some other excuse. Seems like they are in a little too deep for that. Not to mention a RD only makes sense at this point. I still hold out hope that they dont go through with it and the value rises slowly over time which could have been the plan all along. It sure makes more sense than an overnight RV. Of course that would also mean 30 more years of hype. Haha.

Help me out her,

As Dinarck points out its all relative to imports. If the value of the dollar doubled American lumber would not change in price, but for Canadians it would become twice as expensive and Canadian timber would become half the price of US timber (in the US or elsewhere). So the result is no one buys US timber anymore unless we cut the price in half. Likewise all the stuff we buy from China would be half the price, but our trade balance would go wildly negative as no one in the rest of the world could afford to buy anything from us. So, that means that the prices of most things made in the US would have to come down in order for us to be able to export them. If the price of things is reduced, the cost of making them must go down as well for the company to stay profitable so wages have to come down. Your mortgage would remain the same, but now it will be harder for you to pay since your salary was reduced (if your company makes a lot of product for exports). So such things can cause chaotic and often bad results. Another factor in falling wages when the dollar rises is If the dollar goes up against the Peso there is much more attraction for workers from Mexico to come here to work since their pay goes up when then send the dollars home. But that also means these workers will work for less, so wages can come down and still have the wage be attractive to them even if it is not so to US citizens anymore.

For a big RV in Iraq, like 1000x (to $1) multiple all that by a huge factor and you can see what a disaster it would be. Especially as they import a lot but export only oil that has a fixed international price. Iraq wants to grow their domestic industries, agriculture, mining, etc but for that to happen if the dinar were to RV to $1 the prices of everything would have to come down by about the same amount or there would be no point in producing them since they would be so much cheaper to import. So this kills economic growth which is what Iraq so badly needs.

As Dinarck points out its all relative to imports. If the value of the dollar doubled American lumber would not change in price, but for Canadians it would become twice as expensive and Canadian timber would become half the price of US timber (in the US or elsewhere). So the result is no one buys US timber anymore unless we cut the price in half. Likewise all the stuff we buy from China would be half the price, but our trade balance would go wildly negative as no one in the rest of the world could afford to buy anything from us. So, that means that the prices of most things made in the US would have to come down in order for us to be able to export them. If the price of things is reduced, the cost of making them must go down as well for the company to stay profitable so wages have to come down. Your mortgage would remain the same, but now it will be harder for you to pay since your salary was reduced (if your company makes a lot of product for exports). So such things can cause chaotic and often bad results. Another factor in falling wages when the dollar rises is If the dollar goes up against the Peso there is much more attraction for workers from Mexico to come here to work since their pay goes up when then send the dollars home. But that also means these workers will work for less, so wages can come down and still have the wage be attractive to them even if it is not so to US citizens anymore.

For a big RV in Iraq, like 1000x (to $1) multiple all that by a huge factor and you can see what a disaster it would be. Especially as they import a lot but export only oil that has a fixed international price. Iraq wants to grow their domestic industries, agriculture, mining, etc but for that to happen if the dinar were to RV to $1 the prices of everything would have to come down by about the same amount or there would be no point in producing them since they would be so much cheaper to import. So this kills economic growth which is what Iraq so badly needs.

All good points DVFU. Its like I was saying about the house value. If your house is worth 150,000 it would still be worth 150,000 but you would never be able to sell it because anyone could then build one the same size for 75,000. So really your house just became worth 75,000 even though it didnt. Lol. This is why massive overnight RVs are not possible. Economics, markets, and trade are a delicate balance. Slight adjustments in any of the factors has huge effects in the big picture as a whole.

Hey Darin. That's an interesting theory, and your numbers might very well work. Good thinking anyway. A return of 10X our original investment would be awesome. BUT, and it's a big but, I really don't see why Iraq would do it. It definitely helps US, the major U.S, investors, but wouldn't do much of anything for the average Iraqi citizen, and would still cost Iraq Billions of Dollars, where the RD scenario does not, and accomplishes the same thing. A redenomination followed by RV to $1 or more accomplishes everything they want to achieve without making the infidels wealthy.

I feel reasonably certain that Dr. Shabibi and the G.O.I are well aware of these Dinar websites. They may or may not look at them frequently, but we can be sure they realize EXACTLY how much money they have made for Iraq, laughing all the way to the bank. I just don't see them returning the favor by doing something they don't have to do, when the RD makes more sense. Shabibi is a Harvard educated economist, and unfortunately, I think he's going to do what's best for Iraq. They've been pretty clear in what they're saying they're going to do. But we can hope. ;)

First, we should exclude the mentality that the GOI or CBI is going to do anything in their power to prevent wealth to infidels. Guess what, any future progression of economic conditions in that region are going to make any foreign investor wealthy (especially if they're putting their money in the right place). If that is their mentality, they're failing at it repeatedly with signing oil contract and doing business with foreigners.

Re-denomination or not, it would be reasonable to speculate the value would rise regardless in due time. Once again, meaning any speculation on the IQD will provide returns. We are simply debating the amount of that %. The logical lopster hopes for a 300% or slightly better as a great return. The go RV'er crowd views it as high as 300,000% while some more grounded & optimistic people feel that it could be maybe more so 1,000% or better.

30 trillion IQD at their current rate equals 25.8 Billion USD value.....

30 trillion US dollars is a LOT of money for a country

25.8 billion US dollars does not seem to be that much for a country to work with.

Yes, they've been functioning on that supply in recent years, but unless action is taken the numbers will go up. But, would it be possible to remove 2 zeros and r/v the remainder to $1? I think it could work w/ monetary policy adjustments, increasing reserves, etc.

And how accurate are the figures?

30 trillion in circulation? Oh because Audits have been done? How do you audit your own inventory when you are auditing something you have no access in counting.

Those are "belief figures" - its not like an audit company came into the country and went to everyones house to count how much IQD they have & every other place in the world.

First, we should exclude the mentality that the GOI or CBI is going to do anything in their power to prevent wealth to infidels. Guess what, any future progression of economic conditions in that region are going to make any foreign investor wealthy (especially if they're putting their money in the right place). If that is their mentality, they're failing at it repeatedly with signing oil contract and doing business with foreigners.

Re-denomination or not, it would be reasonable to speculate the value would rise regardless in due time. Once again, meaning any speculation on the IQD will provide returns. We are simply debating the amount of that %. The logical lopster hopes for a 300% or slightly better as a great return. The go RV'er crowd views it as high as 300,000% while some more grounded & optimistic people feel that it could be maybe more so 1,000% or better.

25.8 billion US dollars does not seem to be that much for a country to work with.

Yes, they've been functioning on that supply in recent years, but unless action is taken the numbers will go up. But, would it be possible to remove 2 zeros and r/v the remainder to $1? I think it could work w/ monetary policy adjustments, increasing reserves, etc.

30 trillion in circulation? Oh because Audits have been done? How do you audit your own inventory when you are auditing something you have no access in counting.

Those are "belief figures" - its not like an audit company came into the country and went to everyones house to count how much IQD they have & every other place in the world.

In my opinion Darin they could increase the money supply post RD as long as their reserves increase along with it. How they would accomplish this is up for debate. All good points once again.

The 2 zero theory is intresting. Whould like to hear more on its possibility.

I guess I would have to agree that removing "two" zeros would be OK,......EXCEPT that there has been absolutely no discussion about removing 2 - every article and media statement has been about removing 3 zeros. Without a doubt, it would be better for us if they removed NO zeros, and increased the value gradually. Unfortunately, given current conditions, if allowed to "float," the value could also decrease.

As far as accuracy of the numbers go, every country in the world does their audits the same way. Obviously no country goes into individual homes to count currency, and yet they STILL know what their financials are. The same is true of Iraq. They could be off "slightly," but not by "trillions." At this point, based on the available evidence, we have to assume that they will RD, and "hope" for a substantial simultaneous RV. OR, hope that the GOI ultimately rejects the proposed RD, and that at some point in the future, they increase the value in small increments, as is normally the case with any other currency. They tend to fluctuate, up AND down with the markets.

• Upvote 1

Thank you all for this thread, RV'ers and Lobsters. It is an important thread that I wish others would read -- just for balancing and grounding, if anything. We've got to be prepared emotionally and financially for whatever happens. I am prepared and have been for a long time, thanks to posts and members like you all. I'm sorry that I can not intelligently contribute to this thread, but I do have good reading comprehension and I do get the point.

Sorry to interrupt, just needed to let you all know that some of us are listening and learning, so please "carry on." You are appreciated.

Happy Thursday,

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 1

THE $50,000 DOLLAR BAG OF GROCERIES

The last topic went well. Lots of reasonably cordial give and take. It would be nice if it weren’t relegated to a “lop” section where too few of those who need to see it ever go,

Rumor sections purposefully sitting in prime position on a website drives traffic.

Lop section where any dream killing info might be discussed is usually kept somewhere harder to see.

• Upvote 2

You know what would be really cool?...if you or some one of your "go Rv'ers" could answer these questions...

Ahhb no its only ever up to the so called negative Nellies to prove their theories.

Many of the RV tomorrow crowd need no proof or logic, just lots of hype and pipe dreams.

Edited by RRSport

Ahhb no its only ever up to the so called negative Nellies to prove their theories.

Many of the RV tomorrow crowd need no proof or logic, just lots of hype and pipe dreams.

You're right, RRSport. And the sad thing is, that much of the hype is due to the unjustified enthusiasm of many in the "RV tomorrow" crowd, acting like Junior High School cheerleaders, who, having absolutely no knowledge of the game, know that all they have to do is wave their pom poms and scream their support for the team in order to keep the crowd happy. That unfounded excitement leads others, who might ordinarily be more questioning, to believe that since SO MANY OTHERS believe, they must be right. Facts and figures no longer matter. If tens of thousands are screaming "Go RV" then it has to be the few so-called "negative" people who must be crazy.

This makes the job of the pumpers and gurus MUCH easier. All they have to do is keep the non-thinking "cheerleaders" happy and the rest will follow happily along. They come back over and over again with the same unsupported BS, usually waiting until the excitement begins to subside, and a few of the more rational people start asking questions. At that point, alll it takes is a few sentences of "I heard something really exciting, but I can't tell you what it is," and logic goes out the window again. People will wait forever for the promise of instantaneous wealth, however illogical it might be.

You're right, RRSport. And the sad thing is, that much of the hype is due to the unjustified enthusiasm of many in the "RV tomorrow" crowd, acting like Junior High School cheerleaders, who, having absolutely no knowledge of the game, know that all they have to do is wave their pom poms and scream their support for the team in order to keep the crowd happy. That unfounded excitement leads others, who might ordinarily be more questioning, to believe that since SO MANY OTHERS believe, they must be right. Facts and figures no longer matter. If tens of thousands are screaming "Go RV" then it has to be the few so-called "negative" people who must be crazy.

This makes the job of the pumpers and gurus MUCH easier. All they have to do is keep the non-thinking "cheerleaders" happy and the rest will follow happily along. They come back over and over again with the same unsupported BS, usually waiting until the excitement begins to subside, and a few of the more rational people start asking questions. At that point, alll it takes is a few sentences of "I heard something really exciting, but I can't tell you what it is," and logic goes out the window again. People will wait forever for the promise of instantaneous wealth, however illogical it might be.

We dont think your crazy just very negative,and you probably have a million or two dinar just in case you have some crow to eat.

We dont think your crazy just very negative,and you probably have a million or two dinar just in case you have some crow to eat.

No, mrmcwhipit........"Negative" is when a person says that it's impossible to make a profit of 15% on a financial investment in today's market. "Realistic" is when they say you can't make a 100,000% profit, and that $60 BILLION DOLLARS can't magically turn into $60 TRILLION DOLLARS overnight with a poke from Harry Potter's wand. There's a big difference. And for a million dollars, I'd be happy to eat all the crow you can serve. What are you "RV tomorrow" people going to eat when yet another 6 months, and hundreds of additional promises of "tomorrow" and "soon" go by with no increase in our bank accounts, and $millions MORE go into the hands of the pumpers and gurus? :rolleyes:

No, mrmcwhipit........"Negative" is when a person says that it's impossible to make a profit of 15% on a financial investment in today's market. "Realistic" is when they say you can't make a 100,000% profit, and that $60 BILLION DOLLARS can't magically turn into $60 TRILLION DOLLARS overnight with a poke from Harry Potter's wand. There's a big difference. And for a million dollars, I'd be happy to eat all the crow you can serve. What are you "RV tomorrow" people going to eat when yet another 6 months, and hundreds of additional promises of "tomorrow" and "soon" go by with no increase in our bank accounts, and $millions MORE go into the hands of the pumpers and gurus? :rolleyes:

Well i guess we will be eating crow if it goes 6 more months and nothing has happend,but at least we are trying to be a little more positive about it

when the articles seem to be stating they want to be equal to the dollar over time. you always write a whole novel about how bad

or low this investment will pay off, why keep saying it so many times? we all get yours and the other lopsters view by now.

If you comment more on the new articles without writing a long negative book eveytime im sure alot of people here at DV would enjoy reading your

very intelligent input much more.