Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Barack Obama Reportedly Blamed Fox News For Hurting His Popularity

delta22

President Barack Obama told labor leaders that Fox News had convinced voters he was a Muslim, according to a new book that will be released Tuesday.

“Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party," by journalist David Corn, recounts a private meeting where Obama reportedly detailed his frustration with the outlet.

According to Politico:

Corn writes that after the midterm elections, Obama told labor leaders in December 2010 that he held Fox partly responsible for him “losing white males.”

“…Fed by Fox News, they hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7, and it begins to seep in…The Republicans have been at this for 40 years. They have new resources, but the strategy is old,” Corn recounted Obama as saying.

Obama has taken on Fox publicly as well. Last week, he took a swipe at Fox correspondent Ed Henry over a question on gas prices, and asked last year what he thought about Fox, the president told Rolling Stone, "The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition -- it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It's a point of view that I disagree with. It's a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it's been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it's that Fox is very successful."

Obama's communications director, Anita Dunn, engaged in even harsher criticism, saying in 2010, "The reality of it is that Fox News often operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party."

Also on HuffPost:

• Upvote 3

Here's what's most outrageous:

FOX has claimed that there has never been a claim that BHO was a muslim, by any of their personalities OR EVEN A GUEST on a show - EVER! Not Once!

Now, really, don't you think that if there were even one instance, just ONE, that MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS any of these, would be showing it over and over and over again? Really?

It's BHO & Co. that subscribe to this "repeat something often enough, and people will believe it" theory.

( P.S. Just saw that Ed Schultz took $200K from SEIU, gave $100K to the Cancer Society, and won't say where the rest went. Didn't know he was that expensive to buy.)

• Upvote 3

POTUS you lost white males all by yourself, because of your lack luster performance as a leader. Instead your message of hope is really only about you as in " I sure hope I can get re-elected no matter what" .

Just another Chicago style politician with a bunch of drastically way left friendships who only care about themselves. It is definitely time for a change and it needs to start with your position. JMHO.

Mean old TV channel picking on the poor little POTUS. Meanwhile we are all taking it in the shorts becuase of current administration BS. Thanks but I will take anybody new before another 4 with you. I feel better now. :P

• Upvote 10

To the village in Kenya missing it's Idiot...we found him , he's here poseing as president. As soon as you pay for all the damage he's caused we will gladly send him back , as long as you promise to keep a tighter rein on his a s s .

• Upvote 9

Oh, Boo Hoo Obamass. Instead of worrying about your popularity, why don't you go on another expensive trip to Mars or the Moon with your whole Fam Damily and stay there. What a disgrace to this country. Sorry, George Washington and all the men and women that have died for this country. And for all the Elite people that really run this world you all can go to he?? along with all your money. GOD forbid Obamass gets re-elected, American can not take 4 more years of his butt. Feel better already. Had to get that out.

• Upvote 3

Oh, Boo Hoo Obamass. Instead of worrying about your popularity, why don't you go on another expensive trip to Mars or the Moon with your whole Fam Damily and stay there. What a disgrace to this country. Sorry, George Washington and all the men and women that have died for this country. And for all the Elite people that really run this world you all can go to he?? along with all your money. GOD forbid Obamass gets re-elected, American can not take 4 more years of his butt. Feel better already. Had to get that out.

And please take all of his followers with him!!

• Upvote 4

Never heard Bush cry that ALL the OTHER Lame Stream Liberal Media ruined his reputation. Most would say it was he himself that created his rep.

Obama cries too much that anyting negative about him is always someone else's fault.

That my friends, is classic NPD.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder [1] in which the individual is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. [2] Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to egocentrism.

• Upvote 7

Obama needs to stop whinning. If he does not like that people call him a muslim maybe he needs to stop acting like one.

If he publically denounced Islam and the muslim religion, and proclaimed Jesus Christ as "Lord and Saviour" of the world, then I might believe he was not muslim and an agent of Islam.

But, at the same time being cautious, because they do allow for lying to the "Infidels" for there own purposes.

President Barack Obama told labor leaders that Fox News had convinced voters he was a Muslim, according to a new book that will be released Tuesday.

“Showdown: The Inside Story of How Obama Fought Back Against Boehner, Cantor, and the Tea Party," by journalist David Corn, recounts a private meeting where Obama reportedly detailed his frustration with the outlet.

According to Politico:

Corn writes that after the midterm elections, Obama told labor leaders in December 2010 that he held Fox partly responsible for him “losing white males.”

“…Fed by Fox News, they hear Obama is a Muslim 24/7, and it begins to seep in…The Republicans have been at this for 40 years. They have new resources, but the strategy is old,” Corn recounted Obama as saying.

Obama has taken on Fox publicly as well. Last week, he took a swipe at Fox correspondent Ed Henry over a question on gas prices, and asked last year what he thought about Fox, the president told Rolling Stone, "The golden age of an objective press was a pretty narrow span of time in our history. Before that, you had folks like Hearst who used their newspapers very intentionally to promote their viewpoints. I think Fox is part of that tradition -- it is part of the tradition that has a very clear, undeniable point of view. It's a point of view that I disagree with. It's a point of view that I think is ultimately destructive for the long-term growth of a country that has a vibrant middle class and is competitive in the world. But as an economic enterprise, it's been wildly successful. And I suspect that if you ask Mr. Murdoch what his number-one concern is, it's that Fox is very successful."

Obama's communications director, Anita Dunn, engaged in even harsher criticism, saying in 2010, "The reality of it is that Fox News often operates almost as either the research arm or the communications arm of the Republican Party."

Also on HuffPost:

Obama is a freakin' LIAR

To the village in Kenya missing it's Idiot...we found him , he's here poseing as president. As soon as you pay for all the damage he's caused we will gladly send him back , as long as you promise to keep a tighter rein on his a s s .

maybe war with Kenya is in order :huh:

• Upvote 2

Meanwhile we are all taking it in the shorts becuase of current administration BS. Thanks but I will take anybody new before another 4 with you. I feel better now. :P

Agree 100%. Is Charles Manson running for President?

• Upvote 1

As long as I am paying close to $4 a gallon of gas at the pump. I intend to stay pi$$ed off at whoever is in charge of this country. Bottom line its their job to look out for and take care of all the citizens of this country that is willing to get up every morning and go to work. (heavy emphasis on getting up and going to work)

• Upvote 3

I watched and heard Obama with my own eye's and ears say he was Muslim , and then come out years later and say he is christian . This guy is only trying to under mind us. I even watched and heard his wife say that they were going to kenya were Obama was born to see his Family when he first started Office :lol:

• Upvote 4

delta22 Whole heartedly agree with the comments but one. They can have him back after they pay back for all the damage he has caused. I say they can have him back right now, :twocents: :twocents: Kenya cannot pay back money they don't have. When Obama goes back they will solve that problem. They will print more of it just like he's doing here. He has the market on that one. What an A, by the way that's not a grade. :angry: :angry:

• Upvote 1

I love it..........the President stirring up the the Right....hell you guys can't even find one candidate to compete......heck at this point may as well bring back in Rick Perry(heck the Koch brothers should figure a way to fit him with some high tech ear piece and tell him what to say in public) he is now in his third term as Gov. of Texas and don't think he has ever accepted a debate challenge..........the reason you don't have a candidate is the up and coming Republicans have conceded and will run in 2016.........why do you thing the right wing keeps taking jabs at Romney.....they know he will get the nomination but they just can't support him.....there will be no unification...chaos will continue......how could any member of the GOP think carry on this circus between Romney, Santorium, and Newt is healthy.......

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I'm a member of the Sons of Confederate Veterans. But even I can determine what the favorite channel is for all you complainers. It's Fox News. Point proven.

What does you being a member of the Sons of Conderate Veterans have to do with the price of beans in Chicago???? Yes, my favorite News Channel is Fox and my favorite news site is Drudge..... Why would I want to tune into ABC, CBS, MSNBC, NBC or CNN and hear the same old crap we always hear..... The left has 5 national networks in their pocket and the right has 1...... Shut up and go back to flippin your burgers...

Edited by stonewall67
  • Upvote 8

I love it..........the President stirring up the the Right....hell you guys can't even find one candidate to compete......heck at this point may as well bring back in Rick Perry(heck the Koch brothers should figure a way to fit him with some high tech ear piece and tell him what to say in public) he is now in his third term as Gov. of Texas and don't think he has ever accepted a debate challenge..........the reason you don't have a candidate is the up and coming Republicans have conceded and will run in 2016.........why do you thing the right wing keeps taking jabs at Romney.....they know he will get the nomination but they just can't support him.....there will be no unification...chaos will continue......how could any member of the GOP think carry on this circus between Romney, Santorium, and Newt is healthy.......

I remember the same things being said about the Dems in 2000.... Fractured party.... what goes around comes around.... Both sides of the isle are challenged by the extremist within.... The dems have to constantly cow down to the extreme liberals and the right to the extreme conservatives.... it's time for a 3 party system..... I for one would vote EXTREME CONSERVATIVE!!!!

• Upvote 1

What a joke!

Your babble is a fine example of why America is in trouble.

Short term attention spans and selective memory. You don't even remember the mess the democrats were in during the 2007 election process where Hilarious Clinton and Joke Biden were both saying Obama wasn't qualified to be President. Talk about a circus and ya'll elected the clown. It's all part of the political process. Termoil is part of that process. You watch too much left wing propoganda tv.

Funny you mention someone needing an earpiece when it's Obama who can't speak in public without a teleprompter full of words written for him.

• Upvote 6

Ahhh, Delta, what are you saying??? You know very well that we'd pay them to take him!!! And they wouldn't owe us a dime. haha

• Upvote 1

What a joke!

Your babble is a fine example of why America is in trouble.

Short term attention spans and selective memory. You don't even remember the mess the democrats were in during the 2007 election process where Hilarious Clinton and Joke Biden were both saying Obama wasn't qualified to be President. Talk about a circus and ya'll elected the clown. It's all part of the political process. Termoil is part of that process. You watch too much left wing propoganda tv.

Funny you mention someone needing an earpiece when it's Obama who can't speak in public without a teleprompter full of words written for him.

Take his teleprompter down and you get an elongated uhmmmm between every word!!!

• Upvote 2

As long as I am paying close to $4 a gallon of gas at the pump. I intend to stay pi$$ed off at whoever is in charge of this country. Bottom line its their job to look out for and take care of all the citizens of this country that is willing to get up every morning and go to work. (heavy emphasis on getting up and going to work)

Yes, I agree. I would love to see Newt get elected to president. In the style of Ronald Reagan, he would turn things around. He would fight for us, the citizens of this country, the ones who are paying these huge gas and vacation bills for this whiner-in-chief who is in the office now.

• Upvote 1

You know what I miss? I miss having a president who will tell us again how great we are, who will remind us again of what our real place is in the world. I would love to hear our president tell the world who Americans are and what America really is, and not someone who will complain and whine about us to outsiders, not someone who go to another country and bow in our names to an Arab sultan/king, and not someone who will apologize for us and our magnificent country. I want someone who knows the real history of our country, who will insist that this story be taught honestly in our schools and to our children, someone who sees a future for us and our children that will linspire us to strive to reach for it. I miss seeing children stand with their hands over their small beating hearts as the national anthem is played and the flag waves proudly. I actually yearn to hear the dream of America, the ideals of America, the awareness of America being told on every televsion channel, being written honestly in every school textbook, and being said clearly and with pride by our president so I can remember it with my own pride as I go to work every morning to do my part to be a good citizen, and so I can recall his words with a grateful heart as I go to sleep every night to rest up after giving an honest day's work. I want a president who will remind us of who we are, who will remind us of our achievable hopes, who will make us all proud again of being Americans. And then, beyond all of this, I want someone who will send this current "blamer," this "whiner," this "divider-in-chief" to a small village in Kenya and get him out of here. Even Chicago deserves better than to get this guy back.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1