Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Maliki Proposes Allawi for Top Arab League Post

jetphyxr

Heard on the Gatekeepers Team c/call last Tuesday night. Thanks to newshound KJ !

Posted on 15 March 2011. Tags: Arab League, Arab League Summit, Ayad Allawi, Iyad Allawi

Maliki Proposes Allawi for Top Arab League Post

Iraq’s State of Law Coalition, led by Prime Minister Nouri Al Maliki, has reportedly proposed the head of the rival Iraqiya bloc, Iyad Allawi, to run for the position of Secretary General of the Arab League following Amr Moussa’s resignation. Moussa will stand down in order to run for the presidency of Egypt.

The Iraqiya bloc welcomed the proposal, but said that it had not yet discussed Allawi’s nomination. Iraqiya members said naming Allawi as Arab League Secretary General is an honor for Iraqis.

Some political observers regard the development as positive for the political process in Iraq. Last week Allawi resigned as head of the National Council on Strategic Policies.

The Arab League is planning to hold its next summit in Baghdad in May.

(Sources: MENA, Al SumariaTV, UPI)

Edited by jetphyxr
  • Upvote 3

I thought they hate each other. Plus you need a link for it to be in the news section.

I made a mistake and posted the wrong article. My bad. Human error. This was probably already posted.

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKHDJD

snip: It's noteworthy to mention in this context that the National Accord Movement had condemned the assassination attempt recently targeted its Secretary General Iyad Allawi. / End

• Upvote 1

Oh, Boy. Talk about a stroke of genius. Knowing Allawi's policy of late night line-ups of the violators, picking up a gun and blowing them out of their socks, he'll be so busy culling the herd of usual suspects he won't have time to interfer with the process of the summit. Oh well, as they say, "Busy hands are happy hands."dry.gif

• Upvote 1

Maybe Maliki thinks if Alawi is busy with the Arab League, Alawi won't have time to make trouble for him! :lol:

Maybe Maliki thinks if Alawi is busy with the Arab League, Alawi won't have time to make trouble for him! :lol:

No, look further into what'shappened in the past, and what is happening now. Who is letting Iran fly the friendly skies of Iraq to send ammunitions to Syria so they could kill their people. Despite the US asking them to stop it. It's not Allawi. Maliki has lost his support he had. The folks are fed up with him. He has few supporters left. The citizens are suffering because of him and they are hearing the truth about Erbil. Not what Maliki has been telling them.

Maliki is the hold up, and has been trying to dictate this country since he took office. He is the one getting put in his place. Losing his power is just killing him. NO more stalling. No more self appointing of himself in numerous government positions.

Remember he was saying how "HE" was going to head up the Arab Summit. Nope, his is heading the delagation, TALABANI will be the top dog of the Summit. He doesn't have all the power he did before and loss the control of some of the media. The Gig is up for Maliki. The news is out.

We are at the tip of this breaking wide open. I am sitting back waiting for the good to happen now.

Oh, Boy. Talk about a stroke of genius. Knowing Allawi's policy of late night line-ups of the violators, picking up a gun and blowing them out of their socks, he'll be so busy culling the herd of usual suspects he won't have time to interfer with the process of the summit. Oh well, as they say, "Busy hands are happy hands."dry.gif

I think you have this backwards. Allawi is not the murderer. Maliki is the one who has the torture secret prisons. That is what Hashemi will bring out when he goes to court. But I bet it gets settled in the National Meeting, cause if it don't, then Maliki will is busted. Maliki may be busted anyway. Just depends if Hashemi is going to do it. He is not evil like Maliki.

Like the guy who posted this post. He got it from the Gatekeepers. Those folks don't have any intel providers. They are very worthly to educate the community on this dinar investment because they give the news and no hype. It would be worth everyone while to to listen to one of their calls and ask questions. It's so refreshing to stay grounded.

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Some political observers regard the development as positive for the political process in Iraq. Last week Allawi resigned as head of the National Council on Strategic Policies.

This is great news folks if this is right, Allawi should be in the development of Iraq IMO, he has done a lot for his country.

resigned as head of the National Council on Strategic Policies...this part makes me laugh though, because how many times has he done this, resigned that is and last week they said the party ask him to step down and they ask Najafi to head the party, I'm almost sure I didn't spell his name correctly...:unsure: .

That does bring up a good point though, they said that they were going to announce him as the new NCSP leader and have not. Power Sharing is a good thing for us, that is what Shabibi wants before release of the RV

BTW Allawi was in Kuwait yesterday with Malliki....sorry day before yesterday, getting my days mixed up...go figure..:blink:

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 3

Homer+Simpson+Doh.gif

I love this guy.....someone needs to check the dates on their news articles before posting them or reading them....did I say i love this guy...

Thanks cbs, I borrowed Homer.....

This is great news folks if this is right, Allawi should be in the development of Iraq IMO, he has done a lot for his country.

resigned as head of the National Council on Strategic Policies...this part makes me laugh though, because how many times has he done this, resigned that is and last week they said the party ask him to step down and they ask Najafi to head the party, I'm almost sure I didn't spell his name correctly...:unsure: .

That does bring up a good point though, they said that they were going to announce him as the new NCSP leader and have not. Power Sharing is a good thing for us, that is what Shabibi wants before release of the RV

BTW Allawi was in Kuwait yesterday with Malliki....sorry day before yesterday, getting my days mixed up...go figure..:blink:

I like what I just said even more now....:D ..how many times can he resign....priceless.....

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 2

Homer+Simpson+Doh.gif

I love this guy.....someone needs to check the dates on their news articles before posting them or reading them....did I say i love this guy...

Thanks cbs, I borrowed Homer.....

I like what I just said even more now....:D ..how many times can he resign....priceless.....

:lol: :lol: No problem mi amigo...love him too!

• Upvote 2

Look at the date in this article.

Yeah that was when Maliki was trying to get him out of the way. Allawi didn't know that Maliki was going to keep from having a government and try to be a dictator. Allawi did not want that job. Lately Maliki has wanted him out of the way and a few attempts have been made on Allawi's life. Ironic that now he will take this place. It's getting very interesting.

Najafi and Allawi with delgations went ahead to negotiate in Kuwait, and Maliki showed up to sing the document. They didn't trust Maliki to do it. He would botch it up. They still blame him for not getting out of chap 7 when he came to the US in Dec, but that was not his fault.

Edited by uncirculd