Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No, Wingshooter, he doesn't. Within Iraq, a dinar is a dinar. Should there be a big RV, that Iraqi isn't going to be able to exchange his dinar for USD. It would make no sense for the CBI to allow that. It is said they want to remove the use of USD from the country.

Right.. Now he has the purchasing power equivalent to $300,000??

I know no one really knows the initial rate but i just don't see it at $.10. I was hoping to get some thoughts at what other think the RV will come out at.

Thanks for your opinion.

You cannot begin to guestimate the RV value until you know how much dinar is curremtly in circulation. This is the single most important fact that must be found in order to make a realistic estimate.

If there is 20 trillion dinar out there...a $3 RV is out of the question. Why.....because that would introduce $60 trillion into the world currency market over night and that is 3 times more money than is in circulation today......that is NEVER gonna happen.

If there is 10 trillion dinar out there....a $1 RV introduces $10 trillion into the world money supply over night which is close to 50% of the current world money supply, and this is probably an unlikely scenerio.

If there is 10 trillion dinar out there and we have a 10 cent RV...that adds only $1 trillion to the world money supply.....a very realistic possibility and managable/supportable by Iraq.

You cannot just pick numbers out of thin air for the RV....the numbers have to make sense, be supportable by Iraq's economy. What the old rate of $3+ was has nothing to do with today's possible rate. Circumstances are completely different today than they were 20 years ago.

JMHO B)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone PLEASE dispell my fears

I fear they'll drop 3 zero's making a 25K note = 25 new note ... then rv up to $3 ... making 25IQD = up to $75 US

Is this plausible?

Well, 'plausible' means appearing worthy of belief. The question to you is 'do you believe it could happen?' I think it's plausible.

A friend of mine says that the RV MUST happen by March 28th before the Summit. On certain forums they say that it MUST happen before the dropping of 000's.

Your fear is that instead of your 1 million IQD becoming $3,000,000 (using your expected rate of $3 to 1 IQD), it would become $3,000. Not a bad investment if you paid $1180. You've more than doubled your money.

However, a $1 to 1 IQD would become only $1,000 on a $1,180 investment. Not good.

If the dropping of 000's happens in Sept, like the media says but that some people here say that it's a smokescreen, then the current Dinar would only be exchanged for the Newly Redenomed Dinar. The Newly Redenomed Dinar could then be exchanged for dollars.

• Downvote 1

:) jn1966,,,, I bet your kids would like to see this happen. I guess you think Iraq, as a country, is not going to make it with the New Dinar????

I don't know if you own any Dinar, your an IDIOT if you do, there's a bunch of US Idiots right here on DinarVets. I bet ya all of these US Idiots can fly a kite!!! I garentee ya they are going to Live and Learn, from this Investment!!!! Going to live like Kings, and Learn

the value of the dollar and how to fly all kinds of Kites??? If ya have time today, watch all these Idiots become wealthy US Idiots. There kids are going to College, maybe learn how to fly kites, and get an education to be somebody. All these US Idiots are fixin to be in the

History books, for making the Best Investment, ever made.!!! I would'nt call em, US Idiots until this is over with, cause it's very possible these US Idiots, are fixin to be MultiMillionaire's, like me. Watch closely, and Live and Learn, it's going to be very Exciting Investment. Good luck to all.

it wont be 1c or $3.00 because its not going to RV in our lifetime. OUR KIDS KIDS WILL SEE A CHANGE IN THE RATE BUT ONLY AFTER A LOP MANY YEARS LATER AND THE FINAL OUTCOME WILL BE A LOP WITH NO PROFIT AND US IDIOTS THAT TIED OUR MONEY DOWN FOR SO LONG WILL BE TOLD TO GO FLY A KITE AND LIVE AND LEARN!!!

Wow you got neged to death, but sadly what you say is very possible and I can see that happening too.

• Downvote 2

I apologize I didn't mean to offend anybody, I had a really bad day yesterday because I got home and the Wife started screaming at me telling me to sell the dinars and move on to something else, I guess her giving up on this investment and the three glasses of wine I had with friends for happy hour really gave me a huge downer, Sorry guys for my language...

I'm still a believer, but I won't lie I'm having a lot of doubts so I'm going to sell everything and just keep a million in my safe and forget about it until the day I hear any news, I do hope and pray I'm completely wrong and this thing really hits big as many expect.

Have a great day

Edited by jn1966
  • Upvote 4

I apologize I didn't mean to offend anybody, I had a really bad day yesterday because I got home and the Wife started screaming at me telling me to sell the dinars and move on to something else, I guess her giving up on this investment and the three glasses of wine I had with friends for happy hour really gave me a huge downer, Sorry guys for my language...

I'm still a believer, but I won't lie I'm having a lot of doubts so I'm going to sell everything and just keep a million in my safe and forget about it until the day I hear any news, I do hope and pray I'm completely wrong and this thing really hits big as many expect.

Have a great day

This is a grasp at sanity - nothing wrong with it at all. You can move on emotionally, and if it goes big, then you win big. If it LOPs you've moved on. Either way, you win. That's kinda what I did - got 3 MIL and left it at that. No intention of buying more, no urge, nada. If it goes to a dime, or a dollar, I'm happy as a clam.

If it doesn't, so what? I lost about 4K. Big deal.

Emotional reactions to the dinar is the harder nut to crack. Better to move away and put your intention on other things that are MOVING. This has been stagnant for years. We are animals that like to MOVE.

If it moves later, great. But we have to take our minds, and hope, elsewhere. After this June and Sept, if it's still stuck, no more checking the site every week.

Best of luck!

• Upvote 1

I wonder how many dinar the average Iraqi holds. I know they are poor so lets just say they have a hundred bucks laying around... Or around one hundred thousand dinar. Flip of a switch and now he has 300,000 dollars?

Be careful. Many of the members that post something like that get shot down real quick.

BTW, the median monthly income after taxes is $528. Did you know that? That's equal to 615,120 IQD at today's rate.

Like you were wondering, what would happen if the average Iraqi knew about this upcoming RV?

Did you know that 2.2 lbs of chicken breast is about $4.50 (or 5242.50 IQD)? Does the price of chicken breast remain the same after RV? Or does it revalue as well? At US$3 to 1 IQD that makes that chicken breast US$15,727.50. I think they would stop buying chicken breast in Iraq. They would simply drive to Kuwait or Syria where it's only US$12. And they could buy A LOT of it!!!

In 2008, 25% of the Iraqi people were below the poverty line according to Index Mundi. They rank 85 out of 153. 84 countries have a higher percentage. The US is at 12% Venezuela is at 37.9% and they are up there in producing oil.

The RV must happen to help the poor Iraqi people. The entire population will become instant millionaires. Except for the poor farmer trying to sell chicken breast. Unless he raised his prices proportionately with the RV. But if he does that then everyone will buy from overseas where it is very cheap. It would seem there would be rioting in the streets if the RV were to happen.

Just My Humble Opinion (JMHO)

• Downvote 1

Have a great day

Next time she does that jn just stuff 25000 notes in her mouth then add duck tape and throw her in the closet for a couple hours. Works everytime.

• Downvote 1

Next time she does that jn just stuff 25000 notes in her mouth then add duck tape and throw her in the closet for a couple hours. Works everytime.

Oh!! I had that done to me once........don't think it was a 25000 note though........It was with...... ummmm well.......

sorry, wrong message board :)

Have a great day

Hey jn1966 we all have bad days sometimes. +1 to you for your troubles.

Hang tuff bro.

Mama will think you are awesome when this thing finally pops biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1

I'm always trying to see how a 1:1 RV benefits Iraq. What does the CBI do with the dinar they hold after the RV to benefit? Cash it in for USD? Where? It could benefit their trade balance if they had one, but I can't understand how it benefits them otherwise.

Imports from the US would be 1000x cheaper, but it would also be 1000x more expensive for US companies to buy things from Iraq or do buisiness there.

Switzerland, which is a prosperous country, experienced just that last year. The Swiss Franc increased in value from $1.10 to over $1.30. It hurt their exports. Their products became more expensive and therefore more difficult to sell to other countries. The RV hoped for in these forums is beyond reason. Yet, most people ignore rational economics.

Just how is any RV, even 10%, going to help the people of Iraq?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Someone PLEASE dispell my fears

I fear they'll drop 3 zero's making a 25K note = 25 new note ... then rv up to $3 ... making 25IQD = up to $75 US

Is this plausible?

I'm sorry but anything can happen...Good ( hopefully) or bad ( we don't want that but it might happen)....

Paradoxically ....Thinking of what I just read ( a RV of either 1c or $3 as low and high extremes )....

IF the $3 RV castrates the 3 zeros.. We'd still make roughly 3 times our Investment but at that point we'd be much better off with a tiny ( apparently) 1c RV which would multiply our Capital 10 fold ( roughly)

Again, thanks to everyone for their comments. I can see that I am not the only one that is unsure of where we will end up. Amazing though...when I bought into this investment the "pushers" never mentioned a RV of under $3.xx. In fact, they gave long reason why it would be at least $3.xx.

Well it's Thursday now so the Guru's should come out with their "minute by minute" comments and stories about their airplanes that should run till Monday and then we will have the hacker stories or a computer broke or some other nonsense.

For those of you that are counting on this investment please know that you are not alone. and for those that say just walk away and don't worry about it...it will come when it comes..... there are many that need this investment to come to be true....

Three years ago you could not find a post that said "dont invest what you can't afford to lose".

Anyway...we wait now....

Again, thanks for everyone's feedback.

Switzerland, which is a prosperous country, experienced just that last year. The Swiss Franc increased in value from $1.10 to over $1.30. It hurt their exports. Their products became more expensive and therefore more difficult to sell to other countries. The RV hoped for in these forums is beyond reason. Yet, most people ignore rational economics.

Just how is any RV, even 10%, going to help the people of Iraq?

Great point jackster. Of course the most popular posts will be those touting a $3+ RV but I just can't see that as being more than wishful thinking. China for years has sought to undervalue their currency because that was what was best for their world trade and exports. It actually has helped them immensely to become the economic power they are today to the dismay and criticism of the world financial community.

I definitely don't think the primary consideration here is it to not be confusing to the simple Iraqi as far as exchange rate, or pride about having a stronger currency than their neighbors. While these may seem to be convincing arguments to a layman they are not realistic in the world of finance as the primary issues. Many other more complex considerations are much more important than that.

When the value of a currency is determined it is not on based what would be the simplest to understand or figure out. Look at the world currency market now. Figures are given based on decimal points and formulas.

IT has nothing to do with simplicity.

I know, I know, some may want to neg me for this but I think it is important to keep our feet on the ground here.

Millions of dollars are lost every year because of emotional investing with the idea that people can get rich quick on some special opportunity. Seasoned investors try to be more realistic and not ride the fervor of emotion that plays into putting everything into something that is going to make all your dreams come true with a minimal investment.

I do believe in this investment and am heavily vested in it. But my expectations are lower than most for the actual RV rate. I would jump through hoops for .10 but be tickled pink at even .01 cent.

Umbertino is right that even a .01 cent RV is a 10 fold return which is an incredible pay off for any investment.

GP keeping it real

• Upvote 1

Great point jackster. Of course the most popular posts will be those touting a $3+ RV but I just can't see that as being more than wishful thinking. China for years has sought to undervalue their currency because that was what was best for their world trade and exports. It actually has helped them immensely to become the economic power they are today to the dismay and criticism of the world financial community.

I definitely don't think the primary consideration here is it to not be confusing to the simple Iraqi as far as exchange rate, or pride about having a stronger currency than their neighbors. While these may seem to be convincing arguments to a layman they are not realistic in the world of finance as the primary issues. Many other more complex considerations are much more important than that.

When the value of a currency is determined it is not on based what would be the simplest to understand or figure out. Look at the world currency market now. Figures are given based on decimal points and formulas.

IT has nothing to do with simplicity.

I know, I know, some may want to neg me for this but I think it is important to keep our feet on the ground here.

Millions of dollars are lost every year because of emotional investing with the idea that people can get rich quick on some special opportunity. Seasoned investors try to be more realistic and not ride the fervor of emotion that plays into putting everything into something that is going to make all your dreams come true with a minimal investment.

I do believe in this investment and am heavily vested in it. But my expectations are lower than most for the actual RV rate. I would jump through hoops for .10 but be tickled pink at even .01 cent.

Umbertino is right that even a .01 cent RV is a 10 fold return which is an incredible pay off for any investment.

GP keeping it real

A 10-fold (10X) on your investment would definitely work for you. What would it do to the economy of Iraq?

If oil sold for $100 per barrel ($112 recently), then that barrel would be 116, 500 IQD. If an RV of $1 - 1 IQD occured, then that same $100 barrel would be 100 IQD. Chicken breast (2.2 lbs) which sells for $4.50 (5242.50 IQD) would have more value than the oil. Either the chicken breast must come down in price or the barrel of oil must go up. If oil went up at the same rate as a $1 RV, then that same barrel of oil would sell for US$130,480 Here's my math: $112 per barrel today. US$1 = 1,165 IQD. $112 X 1,165 = 130,480 IQD. $1 RV on 130,480 IQD = US$130,480. If you're happy with $0.10 RV then that becomes US$13,048 per barrel.

Even a 10% increase in the Iraqi Dinar would cause prices in Iraq to change. A barrel of oil sells for $112 today. A 10% increase would become $123.20. Gas at the pump would increase 10%. What do you pay now?

A 10-fold increase in the Iraqi Dinar would do what to oil prices? What would you pay for gas at the pump after that?

Grand Pubah, you said that others are touting a $3+ RV. You see that as wishful thinking. I believe your 10-fold or $0.10 RV is still wishful thinking. China has sought to devalue their currency? Why? Because of their exports and trade. When the Dollar increases in value, US made products are harder to sell overseas. Our trade deficit increases. Other than people outside of Iraq that hold Iraqi Dinar, who is helped by any upward RV of the Iraqi Dinar?

If the government is successful in removing 3 zeros from their currency, and perform a $1 RV, then that same barrel of oil ($112) would sell for US$130.48. Which is a 16.5% increase in price.

• Downvote 1