Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

it wont be 1c or $3.00 because its not going to RV in our lifetime. OUR KIDS KIDS WILL SEE A CHANGE IN THE RATE BUT ONLY AFTER A LOP MANY YEARS LATER AND THE FINAL OUTCOME WILL BE A LOP WITH NO PROFIT AND US IDIOTS THAT TIED OUR MONEY DOWN FOR SO LONG WILL BE TOLD TO GO FLY A KITE AND LIVE AND LEARN!!!

Wow.....sounds like you need to sell out and go get some meds or something!!! If you don't believe in your investment, by all means you are welcome to bail.....if you choose to stay, keep your negativity to your miserable self....MK.....thanks..... :angry:

• Upvote 1

Whatever is prudent for business. They have to initally get the large denoms out of the system and I just don't think anything less than around .86 to $1.20 will pull them in. On the other hand, once they have found that magic number to draw the large bills in, why pay more than they have to. In other words, why pay $3.00 when $1.20 will get the job done.They also, as earlier mentioned, have to get rid of the US Dollar so it would seem the RV must be at least $1.00. For the co-existance of Dinar and Dollar, 1 to 1 would be very simple for the locals.

As far as the higher rate making the Iraqi people proud, there will plenty of time for higher rates after the economy gets cranked up.

I look for.86 to possibly 1.20 initally. Over a period of three to five years I see the rate up to $3 to $5.

Yep, I pretty much feel Adam has nailed it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Seems rather confusing if the make the Dinar equal to or less than the U.S. Dollar. If they are trying to get people to stop using the U.S. Dollar in Iraq. I don't know, but if that is true you would think they would make it greater than the dollar. :confused:

Yet if these controlling corporations can steal their resources for pennies on the dollar why would they let them raise the currency? Unless they are waiting to secure all of the contracts first... :unsure:

Edited by BLINDSIGHT
  • Upvote 1

Don't forget GOI want IQD to be the strongest currency in the region. R/V rate could start off 1:1, but you would expect over time that the rate will increase to at least USD1:IQD3. Anyhow we can only hope that this r/v time is nearing soon.

It is believed that lopping or deleting (a term used by Shabibi) the zeros would see many of us into thinking that we would receive a smaller return for our investment, but it is believed what he meant was that they will "lift" the large 000 denominations out of circulation and gradually replace them with the new smaller denoms.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

it wont be 1c or $3.00 because its not going to RV in our lifetime. OUR KIDS KIDS WILL SEE A CHANGE IN THE RATE BUT ONLY AFTER A LOP MANY YEARS LATER AND THE FINAL OUTCOME WILL BE A LOP WITH NO PROFIT AND US IDIOTS THAT TIED OUR MONEY DOWN FOR SO LONG WILL BE TOLD TO GO FLY A KITE AND LIVE AND LEARN!!!

If you truly believe what you just said, you wouldn't even be here. You're wasting air..

That being said, it can't RV at 10 cents. If Iraq came in that low, along with their verbal intentions to public intentions of eventually meeting their past rate of $3+, there would be a currency buying frenzy that they couldn't handle.

The intent to co-exist currency would require the rate to be right around +/- $1 to $1.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. haha.

B)

• Upvote 2

To do it right, it needs to be close to Kawaits rate, plus 10 cents.

I just can't belive that they would come out low, then slowly go up,

i mean slowly to. I'm shootin for $3.24 to start off with, it would be a Big boost

to help the people of Iraq, and make em look good to... I just hope they do it.

A little while back I read something about Iraq maybe not building the port of Fao (sp?) and sharing Mubarek with Kuwait. If they are going to share that port, there can't be a big difference in the rate between the two countries, correct?

I think Kuwait is close to $4. Iraq should come out within 20 cents of that. Just my guess! (for sure, over a dollar).

:)Seeing .10 would be a great blessing for me....waiting.. going into eight years....this has been a long wait, they say the train is pulling into the station, I'm ready to catch the train home...3 would be WONDERFUL!!!! but .10 would be great...I could catch the train and go home......B)
  • Upvote 1

Ten cents = 1 IQD would make sense if the CBI had not already spent all that time and effort to soak up the large denomination bills in country in exchange for USD. They obviously did that for a reason. LIke most of us, I think they recognize that the average Iraqi doesn't have the level of education to handle a fractional RV. Likewise, it would take a concerted effort on the part of the CBI to be able to convince the Iraqis that an RD wouldn't hurt them. While an RD may technically be a balance sheeet-neutral move, the psychological impact, on both the Iraqi people and Iraq's investors, is likely what is concerning the Parliament and has been holding the CBI back as well. Otherwise, they would have RD'd long ago.

At the same time, Arab pride dictates that the new value of the IQD (whatever that is) will be greater than the USD. Despite the multiple times we've seen "the appearance of Mohammed Saleh" to talk about the raising of the zeroes, I'm beginning to think that (for sure) the Iraqi Parliament and (just maybe) the CBI now understand that the ony way they can execute this is to RV at around 1.17 USD per IQD, soak up the remaining large bills (including ours), and then start moving the value of the IQD upward from there. I also don't think those of us who hold large bills will be allowed to do so indefinitely. There WILL be a definite cash-in period, after which the value of the large bills goes to zero. Bottom line: assuming the OP is correct, we'll see an RV of about $1.17 USD. Fingers crossed. GO RV! :D

I'm always trying to see how a 1:1 RV benefits Iraq. What does the CBI do with the dinar they hold after the RV to benefit? Cash it in for USD? Where? It could benefit their trade balance if they had one, but I can't understand how it benefits them otherwise.

Imports from the US would be 1000x cheaper, but it would also be 1000x more expensive for US companies to buy things from Iraq or do buisiness there.

To do it right, it needs to be close to Kawaits rate, plus 10 cents.

I just can't belive that they would come out low, then slowly go up,

i mean slowly to. I'm shootin for $3.24 to start off with, it would be a Big boost

to help the people of Iraq, and make em look good to... I just hope they do it.

Not to mention what it would do for us. haha I like this idea a lot!!

I agree. Issuing lower denoms at a .10 cent rate makes absolutely no sense. Needs to be on par with the dollar, period.

.10 would be only for the old notes with the 3 zeros.New denoms will have a 1:1 rate to the dollar. Makes perfect sense!

100 old for 1 new ! Way better than 1000 old to 1 new! right?

Made perfect sense back in 2003 when Iraq's exchanged their Swiss dinar for the current dinar at 150:1

• Upvote 2

As I said in another thread:

I'm lovin' that 3:1 too, bamagirl... I could sure be happy with that..........

GO RV!!!!!!!!!..

Fleming, you asked me about the list of things I would do after an RV. You asked this in the "Shabibi Speaks" thread, so I answered you there. Sorry about not answering before, but I had to put my list together for myself before I could give it to someone else. If you have further ideas to add to that list, let me know. I don't think of my list as cast in concrete, but as something fluid and flexible. My main goal is to do this sensibly and not to go off half cocked so that I end up with no money at all by the end of the first year. BTW, I'd be very, very happy with $1, but I'd be ecstatic with $3+.

:) jn1966,,,, I bet your kids would like to see this happen. I guess you think Iraq, as a country, is not going to make it with the New Dinar????

I don't know if you own any Dinar, your an IDIOT if you do, there's a bunch of US Idiots right here on DinarVets. I bet ya all of these US Idiots can fly a kite!!! I garentee ya they are going to Live and Learn, from this Investment!!!! Going to live like Kings, and Learn

the value of the dollar and how to fly all kinds of Kites??? If ya have time today, watch all these Idiots become wealthy US Idiots. There kids are going to College, maybe learn how to fly kites, and get an education to be somebody. All these US Idiots are fixin to be in the

History books, for making the Best Investment, ever made.!!! I would'nt call em, US Idiots until this is over with, cause it's very possible these US Idiots, are fixin to be MultiMillionaire's, like me. Watch closely, and Live and Learn, it's going to be very Exciting Investment. Good luck to all.

• Upvote 7

We have to remember that they want to get the USD off their streets and make their Dinar the monetary system. The only way that is going to happen is if the RV is greater than 1:1. Less than would give no incentive for people to stop using the USD. That seems like a no brainer. My concern has been, and remains....if the Iraqi's set their value of the Dinar, what makes US banks immediately accept whatever value that is when the Dinar is not being traded on the Forex market and it will take some time for that to occur. I don't believe we will be able to just go into the bank the day of the RV and ask the banker to open up the vault and start handing us Millions of USD in exchange for billions of Dinar. That is a concern to me.....can anyone offer an opinion to the contrary. Thank you...

• Upvote 1

A little while back I read something about Iraq maybe not building the port of Fao (sp?) and sharing Mubarek with Kuwait. If they are going to share that port, there can't be a big difference in the rate between the two countries, correct?

I think Kuwait is close to $4. Iraq should come out within 20 cents of that. Just my guess! (for sure, over a dollar).

I'd like to hear your reasoning on this broken down. They will have different rates if IQD is a 3.50 and Kuwait is at 4.20. So calculations must be done, conversions. So will conversions at 1166 to Kuwait's 4.20. Math is math.

Why would they have to have a parity in currency to do business? Not bashing here, it's just the contractor argument I've heard for a year - "they can't keep paying them in worthless dinar"....well, the dinar can be converted into dollars, or they are just paying them in dollars straight out...

Thanks! :D

:) jn1966,,,, I bet your kids would like to see this happen. I guess you think Iraq, as a country, is not going to make it with the New Dinar????

I don't know if you own any Dinar, your an IDIOT if you do, there's a bunch of US Idiots right here on DinarVets. I bet ya all of these US Idiots can fly a kite!!! I garentee ya they are going to Live and Learn, from this Investment!!!! Going to live like Kings, and Learn

the value of the dollar and how to fly all kinds of Kites??? If ya have time today, watch all these Idiots become wealthy US Idiots. There kids are going to College, maybe learn how to fly kites, and get an education to be somebody. All these US Idiots are fixin to be in the

History books, for making the Best Investment, ever made.!!! I would'nt call em, US Idiots until this is over with, cause it's very possible these US Idiots, are fixin to be MultiMillionaire's, like me. Watch closely, and Live and Learn, it's going to be very Exciting Investment. Good luck to all.

LOL ----hilarious...now watch out for that bubbling resentment underneath, move away from the computer and live life until the Summit...doctor's orders... :D

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1