Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

You still think it wont RV?????

jocko129

Thisx is a good analisys on the RV Investment!!!

Iraq is under chapter 7 UN sanctions and as we all know we may see the removal or modification of Chapter 7 sanctions this Tuesday the 16th as the UNSC meets on this very issue.

Chapter 7 is the 7th chapter of the UN charter which places nations under strong international economic sanctions.

Iraq has been under UN Chapter 7 sanctions from 1991 until present.

They were placed under these sanctions right after the invasion of Kuwait.

It was under the authority of Chapter 7 sanctions that the UN/IMF/World Bank came into Iraq and took over the Central bank and the currency of Iraq.

When they did this they deemed all Iraqi Saddam Dinars void and issued the New Iraqi Dinar that we now hold.

This company DelaRue printed 9 Trillion IQD and they introduced this in October of 2003 and gave the Iraqis 3 months to exchange the old for the new.

A total of 4.5 trillion was exchanged and went into circulation and the rest was placed into protective storage.

When the new IQD was printed there were 14 denominations printed but only 9 have been issued to date and it is speculated the lower denominations that were not released are the ones that are about to go into circulation now as they remove the larger “zero notes”

It is speculated that the 5 missing denominations that we are about to see are the 25 dinar the 10 dinar the 5 dinar the 1 dinar and the 1/2 dinar notes.

When they did this change of currency they also devalued the currency to near worthless.

This massive devaluation was done for specific reasons.

Reason 1 was to prevent and hinder the resistance from having the funding to fight the US and British forces.

And the second reason was to prevent or reduce the pending humanitarian disaster that would have been caused by a flood of refugees into surrounding nations.

So by doing this massive over night devaluation they effectively froze/removed the personal monetary assets of all Iraqis.

Now it is under this same authority of the UN Chapter 7 and the sweeping powers it gives the international community over Iraqi assets that the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar will happen and this also provides the legal bases of same.

So all that we will be seeing when the revaluation takes place is the return of the assets which were removed from the nation of Iraq and its people.

It is not like the nation of Iraq will be getting something out of no where…it is just that what was taken from the people and the nation of Iraq will be returned and even then only a fraction of what they once had.

So the reality of the situation is that after all is said and done the nation of Iraq after coming out of near 20 years of economic sanctions and after the return of the assets and wealth to the people and nation of Iraq the value of the Iraqi Dinar even AFTER the revaluation will be a fraction of what it was pre UN sanctions.

As it should be.

So what we are seeing now with all of the confusing articles on the removal of zeros is to be expected.

My analysis of all of the “removal of zero” articles is the following:

1. They are about to revalue the Iraqi Dinar to at or just above $1.00.

2. They at the same time will place into circulation the lower denominations, 25,10,5,1, and 1/2 dinar notes.

3. They will then give a set time for the removal of the “3 zero notes” (large denominations) and that deadline may be the end of 2010.

Now I have always thought we would see the removal of Chapter 7 sanctions at or near the same time as the revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar and as stated before we see that they have set this Tuesday the 16th for the meeting on this very subject.

So that is it…we see Iraq moving forward with the free and open democratic elections and we have the UNSC meeting this very week on the removal of Chapter 7 sanctions so all in all things are looking great.

So I just thought I would share this refresher with all on just where we have come from in an effort to clarify just where we now stand.

Hope that helps.

unknown

This is a good rummor on the RV no link!!!!!!!!!!:wave::wave::bow:

Edited by Mr. Phonics

A slight correction,if I may. There were 9 BILLION dollars of dinars printed,at the exchange rate of 2,000-1,or 18 TRILLION dinaRS.Also,the currency was not devalued. They swapped 1 of the new dinars for 1 of the saddam dinars;In Kurdistan,the Kurds had their own currency,called the Swiss Dinar,and they were exchanged 150 new dinars for each 1 swiss dinar.

Thanks joko... For posting this. Please excuse any negative replies. Some people are just negative in life.

Hey market I understand I am just doing my shearing like anyone else, who ever do not like it let them just change the channel ....cheeersss

Great summary for sure... Thanks!

I always see posters referring to returning the wealth back to the people but I have never seen anyone post what the Iraqi citizen's average disposable income was before and what it is today. Does anyone by chance have this information? Curious to see if it says anything about their average savings then and now too! It would be great to use the various rumored RV multipliers against those numbers to see how it might effect inflation in Iraq. It would help me understand how this thing might work. I know at one time the IMF said current statistical info in Iraq isn't up to snuff so maybe we can't find out the current stats. Anyone?

Thanks Jocko129 for post.

I think it may be old, it seems familiar. It briefly mentions moving forward with the elections and they just ended. Should have mentioned something about the success at the polls in spite of all of the insurgent attacks. The people deserve a re-instatement. They have guts to get out and vote and make a difference in their country. Go IRAQ

Since you asked, Jocko: Yes, I still think it won't RV. Well, actually, I think it will RV after a lop somewhere between 1.5 to 3.5 USD per IQD.

Everyone is focused on the "return of the assets and wealth to the people and nation of Iraq the value of the Iraqi Dinar" (emphasis added). Can anyone answer why it is only the exchange rate that we are returning to? What about the money supply? Iraq did not have 46 trillion dinar in 1990. So what makes anyone think that we are going to return back to the old exchange rate without also returning back to the old levels of money supply?

Without a lop, turning in large denom notes does not reduce the money supply because without a lop, that money's value stays in your bank account. Iraq is not going to return to the old exchange rate with the massively huge money supply that it has right now.

FP

Great summary for sure... Thanks!

I always see posters referring to returning the wealth back to the people but I have never seen anyone post what the Iraqi citizen's average disposable income was before and what it is today. Does anyone by chance have this information? Curious to see if it says anything about their average savings then and now too! It would be great to use the various rumored RV multipliers against those numbers to see how it might effect inflation in Iraq. It would help me understand how this thing might work. I know at one time the IMF said current statistical info in Iraq isn't up to snuff so maybe we can't find out the current stats. Anyone?

Thanks Jocko129 for post.

Drox: I just got off of the IMF's Int'l Financial Statistics site. I couldn't find what I wanted, but I did find that they wanted $670 for a single-user subscription. FP is not paying that much to get detailed financial data on Iraq...esp. when there is no guarantee of how thorough or accurate their reporting was in the Hussein years.

Here is a great link with less expensive financial, economic, and social data on Iraq, though.

FP