Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question.

Alex38

So... IF the Summit comes and goes, security minister gets seated (fully formed government), Ch 7 is lifted (fully), and anything else you can think of that needs to be done, GETS done... and still no RV... what then? What would be the NEXT hold up? Shabibi's brain?

Reminds me of a line from Ace Ventura: "If I'm not back in 10 minutes.... just wait longer.."

• Upvote 1

Your right , we wait it out. This is about Iraq. They could do whatever they please. It is their government in formation. They can continue to make progress with or without RV...... however not without problems. It will still be their choice in how to deal with those problems: such as inflation, infrastructure, and providing for the basic needs of its people.

All we can do is WAIT.

• Upvote 3

Your right , we wait it out. This is about Iraq. They could do whatever they please. It is their government in formation. They can continue to make progress with or without RV...... however not without problems. It will still be their choice in how to deal with those problems: such as inflation, infrastructure, and providing for the basic needs of its people.

All we can do is WAIT.

agreed. They don't HAVE to do anything.... waiting... waiting.... :P

So... IF the Summit comes and goes, security minister gets seated (fully formed government), Ch 7 is lifted (fully), and anything else you can think of that needs to be done, GETS done... and still no RV... what then? What would be the NEXT hold up? Shabibi's brain?

Reminds me of a line from Ace Ventura: "If I'm not back in 10 minutes.... just wait longer.."

There is no documented road to RV'land.....what needs to get done in order for the CBI/Iraqi GOI to proceed with RV has always been pure speculation. :blink:

Each so called expert has his/her own opinion which differ immensely.

We have some basic questions that have been kicked around for months, some for years and still we have no concrete answers to any of them....questions like:

1. What does removing removing the zeros mean? Sounds like a very simple question that would only require proper translation to determine the answer....and yet, there is no consensus as to the answer.

2. How much dinar is actually in circulation? This is a difficult one, but the most important for determining a rate as far as I can see. And yet, after years of invlovement with numerous experts and gurus, the answer eludes us. :(

3. Although it makes common sense for Iraq to RV....is it a must? Well, that answer depends on whom you ask. But the reasons why it should vary, also depending upon whom you ask. That it will RV for sure is not guarranteed, unless you listen to the pumpers whose apparent reason for saying so is to help sell dinars for dealers.

So as you say.....I see waiting in our future and a lot more of it. B) JMHO

As for what else could hold up the RV.....how about these little tiddies:

1. A civil war between any or all 3 parties

2. Iran meddling for their own gain

3. The people are not eduacted enough to handle an RV

4. The lower denoms are not ready for distribution

5. The GOI has no intention of letting go of the money and power they get from their oil/gas/gold ect....at this time.

6. There is too much dinar in circulation, so they need to remove a lot more

Pick one or any combo of the above......they could all be the next reason we won't see an RV after the current list of things to get done, get done. B)

• Upvote 1

It's a good point and I guess they could do just that to weed out some of the speculators !!

• Upvote 1

There is no documented road to RV'land.....what needs to get done in order for the CBI/Iraqi GOI to proceed with RV has always been pure speculation. :blink:

We have some basic questions that have been kicked around for months, some for years and still we have no concrete answers to any of them....questions like:

1. What does removing removing the zeros mean? Sounds like a very simple question that would only require proper translation to determine the answer....and yet, there is no consensus as to the answer.

2. How much dinar is actually in circulation? This is a difficult one, but the most important for determining a rate as far as I can see. And yet, after years of invlovement with numerous experts and gurus, the answer eludes us. :(

3. Although it makes common sense for Iraq to RV....is it a must? Well, that answer depends on whom you ask. But the reasons why it should vary, also depending upon whom you ask. That it will RV for sure is not guarranteed, unless you listen to the pumpers whose apparent reason for saying so is to help sell dinars for dealers.

5. The GOI has no intention of letting go of the money and power they get from their oil/gas/gold ect....at this time.

Pick one or any combo of the above......they could all be the next reason we won't see an RV after the current list of things to get done, get done. B)

Agreed. All speculation and THEY are in control... to do whatever it is they want.

• Upvote 1

agreed. They don't HAVE to do anything.... waiting... waiting.... :P

No they don't, unless as many have speculated there is a connection to the future world economy... I am no economist, I don't claim to know how all the world banking works... I do know however that much gets done by the big boys that they don't want the average joe to know. So what will they do? There are two sides to that question.. the smart thing... and the really stupid arss thing! If they are smart, they will curb inflation, help speed up rebuilding of the infer-structure of their country, improve their country's spending power and overall civilian moral.... just for starters. However if they flirt with the stupid arss thing... after all, this is the M.E., and they have been known.. on occasion... to do totally illogical moves. Lets keep our hopes up, and we shall see what we shall see. This isn't just about us... so I take comfort in knowing that it isn't just our payday... it's Iraq's payday first.... that is why I think it will happen before too long... imo. wink.gif

• Upvote 1

I am also no economics expert, but it seems to me that, if they don't make life easier for the people, they will eventually pay a price for this, and it won't be pretty, so I don't doubt that their money will RV at some point. But there are some people at the top of almost any heap who really don't want "lesser mortals" to do well financially because they are afraid of losing some of their own power, and that's especially true when they are new to power, themselves. In this case, however, we have Shabibi who is or has been connected to the UN, and he seems to have no problem in keeping faith with all the trust that's been placed in him. I haven't heard everything that's been said about him, of course, but I have never heard a single critical word spoken against him. It's my understanding that Shabibi is in control of the RV, and it is up to him when the RV happens. So based solely on my opinion of Shabibi only (not Malik who can't be trusted), I think this is going to happen just as it should, and for me, it "should" happen any time between now and the 28th. haha

• Upvote 1

ahhhhhhh saw this earlier ,,, had too dig a bit ,,, i think if this has not popped in 15 days this will be on the september new month out look just as c.b.i. has posted the new lower denoms and the value will be adjusted soooo there is the new dead line as the same as adam `s chat area,,,if not by then,,,2013 :angry:

• Upvote 1

3. Although it makes common sense for Iraq to RV

I'll have to question that characterization. Common sense is something everyone knows, it happens all the time, its clear to everyone etc. i.e. its common. Even those that believe in the big RV claim its a totally unique situation never before occurring in the history of civilization. Doesn't really seem to fit the definition.

Edited by dvforumuser
  • Upvote 2

well I had a interesting meeting with a friend and seller of the Dinars these past few days and he said it will RV but very low say 3 to 5 cents and let nature take its course and raise steady and why is is that i asked and he said that so as people cash in and some and others will do so and rebuy because they need it to circulate cheap for them to buy back and they will still have buyers as it raises and you know it makes sence the money is going around and they get on with business and set the wheels in motion to get it up over the next 18 months or so so if it opens at 50 we would be very very lucky but could be a dollar by christmas if all goes well and then we will be all happy but I also believe it will get to two dollars in 18 months or higher but they need to get things going and the best for them is 3 to 5 cents to make it circulate and let the future take it up. Underneeth i bloody hope he is wrong but it sounded ok to me if i was them i would do it that way if it was me i love to start at 1.50 one dollar fifty thats sounds good but not logic because not many would buy any dinars back but if we play cat and mouse it will go around and up steady. They may have plenty to buy all back and leave it at that but do you really think so I dont we see cheers keep working and waiting, it will happen

he said that so as people cash in and some and others will do so and rebuy because they need it to circulate cheap for them to buy back and they will still have buyers as it raises and you know it makes sence the money is going around and they get on with business and set the wheels in motion to get it up over the next 18 months or so so if it opens at 50 we would be very very lucky but could be a dollar by christmas if all goes well and then we will be all happy

Iraq exports oil and imports a huge percentage of everything else. A constantly changing exchange rate would be terrible for business that above all else looks for stability and predictability in prices. Its bad for the CBI as well since throughout such a climb they are selling low (when someone buys dinars at the current price) and buying high (when they cash in after the rate goes up). Depending on how much churn there is, this can cost more than a single step RV. I don't think a huge (e.g. $1) RV is possible in one step or a 6 month climb, but I think the climb makes even less sense.

CBI has said many times that both notes will coexist for a period of time. My thinking is you can't have 25,000 note and 25 note be worth the same. That would require two different exchange rates. Is that possible?i hope not. I'm still going with 1 to 1 . That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

CBI has said many times that both notes will coexist for a period of time. My thinking is you can't have 25,000 note and 25 note be worth the same. That would require two different exchange rates. Is that possible?i hope not. I'm still going with 1 to 1 . That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Which is why an RD issues a NEW currency and both old and new coexist for a time as you said. Each has its own exchange rate to foreign currencies and has a fixed exchange between the two (in this case 1000:1 is what has been discussed). That is the standard procedure for an RD.
  • Downvote 1

Imo two choices (1) contiue to wait (2)sell out and move on. Best to all