Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Travelex Office

JayLee202

Hello folks,

I just visit a travelex office at the World Bank right off K Street in DC. As I walked by, I saw that there was no line of people waiting for service so I just dropped in just to ask about the current exchange rate of the IDQ (which I knew they would say 1166) and they told me they were not allowed to discuss the IDQ with any customers at this point that if I wanted to know about the Dinar I would have to refer to their corporate office (which does not take customers). They also stated that they have not dealt with the IDQ in the past.

I'm only sharing this not to get everyone's hopes up that something is about to happen because I don't believe that it will at this given time. I'm sharing this because when folks come here with bank rumors about the branch managers are asking them to sit in the back with them and discuss the IDQ, it's not true. Someone mentioned in here a couple of days ago that the banks do NOT know anything about an RV or what Iraq is doing with their currency and they're absolutely correct. I just wanted to share that with the newbies but not with speculation, but with my own experience. Stay away from banks and bank rumors lol

Just Saying! :D

Edited by JayLee202
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

***///

K Street... mmmmm, JIMMY's! Been a while --- bet it's still awesome!

Should've gone there instead of the bummer news bank! :P

Thanks for the update, JAYL...!

You're welcome Sarge. If you're in DC, send me a message in my inbox and we can go back there together. I work a couple of blocks from it.

• Upvote 1

***///

Been years since 'Ol Sarge served his REAL President there... fond memories of

walking and working in the now marred footsteps of true American greatness. :(

Thanks for the invite, though! It'd be swell to go back and tee off at ARMY NAVY COUNTRY CLUB again!

Especially in the Spring -- when the Dogwoods & Cherry trees are splendiferous! B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

***///

Thanks for the invite, though! It'd be swell to go back and tee off at ARMY NAVY COUNTRY CLUB again!

Especially in the Spring -- when the Dogwoods & Cherry trees are splendiferous! B)

Ahhh, yes the Cherry blossoms...I lived in the area close to 30 years. But the best I could do is golf at East Potomac Park!! Still great little course with loads of Dogwoods and Cherry trees. That and my fave, golf at the Medal of Honor Course, Quantico MCS, Va. ;)

• Upvote 2

***///

Someone just told me they T off at Army Navy. Right over in Arlington right?

• Upvote 1

***///

What happened, COSMO, they kick you out of Congressional...?! :o

:lol:

ARMY NAVY FAIRFAX by The Circle is a fun course too - great brunch! :P

***///

JAYL....

that's right! Fun, tight, steep course. 'Ol Sarge lived close by: go from Pentagon-to-ANCC-to 19th - to townhouse...

my regular loop in those days! Ah, those were the days, my friends.... :)

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Upvote 2

Hello folks,

I'm sharing this because when folks come here with bank rumors about the branch managers are asking them to sit in the back with them and discuss the IDQ, it's not true. Someone mentioned in here a couple of days ago that the banks do NOT know anything about an RV or what Iraq is doing with their currency and they're absolutely correct. I just wanted to share that with the newbies but not with speculation, but with my own experience. Stay away from banks and bank rumors lol

Just Saying! :D

Hey Jay,

Actually I think there is truth to both.

1). The banks don't know anything about the IQD (in most cases)- I agree

2). People are not sitting down with a Banker in an office - I disagree... Regardless of the bankers knowledge they (depending on the banker) will hedge their bet. Even though the IQD is virtually worthless today the banker looks at the customers inquiry about foreign currency as if he is an Investor and this is the client they want to capture therefore they accommodate them, stroke their ego and hope for more. That's my take on it.

I truly have a banker story as posted months ago.

US Bank... I asked my teller if they sell IQD. He said no and had to call his travelex department (can you say middleman). A while later he approached me and said "They said the Dinar is a major SCAM!!!"... I said "really?" and then proceeded to educate him. Long story short.. He now owns Dinar (only $250,000 - but hey!).B)