Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shabibi Speaks

David68

May I appologise to all co9ncerned. I had this sent to me by a friend :angry: ?? (so called) who had it translated (so he said). I will not trust him in the future.

Again my appologies for any confusion. :blink: :blink:

I hope I have learned a lesson :(

Most of us are as tight as a banjo string and for some, the banjo string is a little frayed.

I wonder how many people will literally have a heart attack once it does RV. I read these forums every day with the understanding it didn't happen. That day when it does I think my heart will probably burst with excitement.

I think we will feel a vacuum from all the dinarians gasping for breath as they read the words (not from a gooroo) - "The IQD has really RV'd and the rate is $x.xx." Hell, I just gasped writing this...

This was kind of fun. Thanks, David64. I have imagined so many times how I will feel and how I will react when it actually does happen, and now I know. I sat here, staring at the screen, feeling sort of stunned and trying to sort through all the jumble of thoughts racing through my mind. What to do first? . . . Who to call? . . . What other steps do I need to take? . . . Wonder why Adam hasn't called? . . . And behind it all, the nagging feeling that I should wait to see if it's real or not. I know now that I need to think this through logically and write down each step in the order in which I want to take it when that time comes so that I can follow a carefully crafted plan instead of racing around feeling muddled. I'll get one chance to do this right, and that's how I want to do it. I know now that I'll feel so stunned that I'll lose all logical thought, at least temporarily, so to avoid making mistakes I could spend a long time regretting, I'll make my plans now and write each step down in sequential order while my thinking is logical, sane, and sensible rather than rattled. haha

Besides, it's going to happen sometime. One of these days, a post will say it has happened, and it will be real. When that time will come, certainly none of us knows.

I kinda felt the same way!.. do you mind sharing what plan you come up with?.. thanks!..

Hmmm...you want a conspiracy theory? :unsure:

:eyebrows: ok!!

Maliki set this up so that Shabs would get busted for disclosing information about an RV and allowing the world to have insider information. It's all a frame up, I tell yaz!

JKJK...please know that theory was ONLY a joke.

Sounds like you got "caught in the crossfire" I tells yaz, I do, I do!!! eyebrows.giflaugh.gifwink.gif

This was kind of fun. Thanks, David64. I have imagined so many times how I will feel and how I will react when it actually does happen, and now I know. I sat here, staring at the screen, feeling sort of stunned and trying to sort through all the jumble of thoughts racing through my mind. What to do first? . . . Who to call? . . . What other steps do I need to take? . . . Wonder why Adam hasn't called? . . . And behind it all, the nagging feeling that I should wait to see if it's real or not. I know now that I need to think this through logically and write down each step in the order in which I want to take it when that time comes so that I can follow a carefully crafted plan instead of racing around feeling muddled. I'll get one chance to do this right, and that's how I want to do it. I know now that I'll feel so stunned that I'll lose all logical thought, at least temporarily, so to avoid making mistakes I could spend a long time regretting, I'll make my plans now and write each step down in sequential order while my thinking is logical, sane, and sensible rather than rattled. haha

Besides, it's going to happen sometime. One of these days, a post will say it has happened, and it will be real. When that time will come, certainly none of us knows.

Francie,

I like your thinking... I have the plans in my brain and it might freeze when rv happens... I'm going to start writing it down :) thanks for waking me up lol

Here is the link transposed. You provided this link and I do not see WHERE HE SAID THAT AT ALL

Please inform me if the below is not YOUR link.

Thanks

On: Tuesday 13/3/2012 8:15

 Baghdad / term follow-up

A member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Faleh applicable to companies registered in the Iraqi market for securities are the main cause of the high value of the dollar against the dinar because they are trading in their share of the dollar that you receive from the bank by selling instead of buying them as currency for goods and merchandise. He pointed out that the central bank has promised to reduce its value in the next few days. He said according to the applicable (Euphrates News): The Central Bank is responsible for fiscal policy and thus is obligated to take measures and controls to preserve the value of the dinar,

Indicating that the measures the bank last did not work in raising the value of the dinar. And declining exchange rate of the Iraqi currency in a banner during the past few days against foreign currencies, especially the dollar, raising fears among the citizens of the continuing decline. And Some attribute this decline to the resort's central bank to implement procedures for more stringent in the last few years about the sales of hard currency, especially the dollar, which has led to a lack of circulation of U.S. currency in the markets and increase demand and therefore high value against the dinar, but others believed that the currency's decline is due mainly to the withdrawal of America and the growing divide between politicians, which threatens the stability of the country

JUST READ YOU WERE MISINFORMED... No problem. Sorry for being so harsh but some people do that on purpose to pump.

Anyway the above is the article translated. Peace all.

Edited by imgesing

May I appologise to all co9ncerned. I had this sent to me by a friend :angry: ?? (so called) who had it translated (so he said). I will not trust him in the future.

Again my appologies for any confusion. :blink: :blink:

I hope I have learned a lesson :(

I wouldn't "un-friend" somebody just for telling a tall tale. Unless of course, you just meant "acquaintance" :D

Edited by RicknSaudi

I kinda felt the same way!.. do you mind sharing what plan you come up with?.. thanks!..

Fleming, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I wanted to write this down for myself before trying to tell someone else. Above all, I don't want to run through my money and have nothing left within a year. Too many people squander it when they come into sudden money, and I am not going to do that. I plan to live, and to live quite nicely, on the money this investment will provide me for the rest of my life. Here are the steps I plan to take (please bear in mind that these are adjustable, fluid, and changable, and if I hear of better ideas, they will change, probably quite suddenly. haha):

1. Get Adam's list of banks with TAG, non-interest bearing accounts.

2. I will put my money into a trust (if you want more information on this, let me know), so at first, I will cash in only enough dinar to finish paying for the trust. I already paid them a small deposit, for which they have already printed and prepared my trust, and they will ship it to me via Federal Express as soon as they receive the balance owed on it.

3. While I wait for the trust to arrive (within two to three days), I will begin the process of going to the bank I have chosen and talk to whomever is in charge of foreign currency exchanges. This talk is just to assure that he/she and I are on the same page. I will also make an appointment with from one to three of the attorneys on Adam's list and begin to interview them in order to select one I feel will best serve my interests. During this same time, I will also find an accountant and a financial advisor, presumably also from Adam's list or at the recommendation of the attorney I select. This will be a very important step for me because I call these people "my team," and it is important to me to get this step right. Although I will be new to having this much money, I will not tolerate being patronized or talked down to, nor will I allow them to inisist that I do things in the most expedient way for them . As an older woman, I have met such people from time to time, and on a number of occasions, I have called attention to their behavior and put a stop to it. I simply don't tolerate being patronized. It just doesn't work for me. I'm paying these people, probably quite a bit, and I expect a great deal, not only good advice in their areas of expertise, which I expect of course, but I also expect respect and courtesy for my money. I will also talk to my attorney and financial advisor about the various organizations I want to help with a portion of my money. There are surely some ways to handle this that are better than others, and I want to know what those are. (I plan to help Wounded Warriors, a local home for abused women, and something for children, perhaps a children's cancer fund or an educational fund of some sort. (I just realized that getting these names is something I need to work on).

4. When the trust arrives, I will have selected my bank by then, so I'll take the trust to the bank I have chosen and set it up. I will fund my trust with the rest of my dinar. Since I plan that my trust will provide me a monthly income, I'll also set up a personal account for this. I don't plan to pay my personal living expenses or bills directly out of the trust. By the terms of my trust, I will only pay taxes on the amount of money I withdraw, and that at the ordinary income tax rate, so the rest of my money will be invested to produce more money. (I plan to invest in oil and gas in Iraq, perhaps precious minerals, etc., plus quite a bit of gold. I also want to be sure that there will be enough money to invest here at home since I believe in "made in America," and I want to support American businesses, especially those that pay workers here).

5. When everything is set up, trust, attorney, financial advisor, accountant, bank accounts, etc., then I plan to pay off all my bills.

6. Next, I will set up two more trusts, one for each of my daughters, so they will know they can educate their children, stop working if that is what they want to do, buy or build nice homes, or make other choices of their own which I won't dictate, since all of us have our own dreams, and they are entitled to honor their own.

7. Then my last step will be to sit quietly for at least a month or two, maybe longer, to change nothing, just to absorb the fact of this enormous change in my life, and make mental and emotional adjustments to my new financial status. I will spend this time in gratitude and thankful prayer. I may join a gym, but other than that, I plan to do nothing until the idea of having this money begins to feel easy and comfortable. Eventually, probably toward the end of the first year, I will buy a new house, a new car, and a houseful of new furniture, and at some point, I want to take some trips, shop 'till I drop a couple times, and begin building my life all over again.

I would appreciate any additional insights to choices and possibilities which might enhance this experience, not only for now, but for the rest of my life. The above is my list, so far, but I am quite willing to add to it, delete from it, or to change it in healthy ways. Fran

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fleming, I'm sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I wanted to write this down for myself before trying to tell someone else. Above all, I don't want to run through my money and have nothing left within a year. Too many people squander it when they come into sudden money, and I am not going to do that. I plan to live, and to live quite nicely, on the money this investment will provide me for the rest of my life. Here are the steps I plan to take (please bear in mind that these are adjustable, fluid, and changable, and if I hear of better ideas, they will change, probably quite suddenly. haha):

2. I will put my money into a trust (if you want more information on this, let me know), so at first, I will cash in only enough dinar to finish paying for the trust. I already paid them a small deposit, for which they have already printed and prepared my trust, and they will ship it to me via Federal Express as soon as they receive the balance owed on it.

3. While I wait for the trust to arrive (within two to three days), I will begin the process of going to the bank I have chosen and talk to whomever is in charge of foreign currency exchanges. This talk is just to assure that he/she and I are on the same page. I will also make an appointment with from one to three of the attorneys on Adam's list and begin to interview them in order to select one I feel will best serve my interests. During this same time, I will also find an accountant and a financial advisor, presumably also from Adam's list or at the recommendation of the attorney I select. This will be a very important step for me because I call these people "my team," and it is important to me to get this step right. Although I will be new to having this much money, I will not tolerate being patronized or talked down to, nor will I allow them to inisist that I do things in the most expedient way for them . As an older woman, I have met such people from time to time, and on a number of occasions, I have called attention to their behavior and put a stop to it. I simply don't tolerate being patronized. It just doesn't work for me. I'm paying these people, probably quite a bit, and I expect a great deal, not only good advice in their areas of expertise, which I expect of course, but I also expect respect and courtesy for my money. I will also talk to my attorney and financial advisor about the various organizations I want to help with a portion of my money. There are surely some ways to handle this that are better than others, and I want to know what those are. (I plan to help Wounded Warriors, a local home for abused women, and something for children, perhaps a children's cancer fund or an educational fund of some sort. (I just realized that getting these names is something I need to work on).

4. When the trust arrives, I will have selected my bank by then, so I'll take the trust to the bank I have chosen and set it up. I will fund my trust with the rest of my dinar. Since I plan that my trust will provide me a monthly income, I'll also set up a personal account for this. I don't plan to pay my personal living expenses or bills directly out of the trust. By the terms of my trust, I will only pay taxes on the amount of money I withdraw, and that at the ordinary income tax rate, so the rest of my money will be invested to produce more money. (I plan to invest in oil and gas in Iraq, perhaps precious minerals, etc., plus quite a bit of gold. I also want to be sure that there will be enough money to invest here at home since I believe in "made in America," and I want to support American businesses, especially those that pay workers here).

5. When everything is set up, trust, attorney, financial advisor, accountant, bank accounts, etc., then I plan to pay off all my bills.

6. Next, I will set up two more trusts, one for each of my daughters, so they will know they can educate their children, stop working if that is what they want to do, buy or build nice homes, or make other choices of their own which I won't dictate, since all of us have our own dreams, and they are entitled to honor their own.

7. Then my last step will be to sit quietly for at least a month or two, maybe longer, to change nothing, just to absorb the fact of this enormous change in my life, and make mental and emotional adjustments to my new financial status. I will spend this time in gratitude and thankful prayer. I may join a gym, but other than that, I plan to do nothing until the idea of having this money begins to feel easy and comfortable. Eventually, probably toward the end of the first year, I will buy a new house, a new car, and a houseful of new furniture, and at some point, I want to take some trips, shop 'till I drop a couple times, and begin building my life all over again.

I would appreciate any additional insights to choices and possibilities which might enhance this experience, not only for now, but for the rest of my life. The above is my list, so far, but I am quite willing to add to it, delete from it, or to change it in healthy ways. Fran

Francie,

Very nice list... :). I don't kno why hpyi got nagged but I even you. I would cash in enough to pay my bills while interviewing the team :)

As for me I will take care of important matters with my newfound wealth and then I will be gone for a year change all my addresses and phone numbers and vanish. POOF. When the dust has settled I will begin my new journey. :twocents: Help when and where I'm needed. Another of my :twocents:

• Upvote 1

I already have an addition to the above list under #5. At this point, I will also buy enough essential foods, medicines, water, and other items like laundry and dish soap, toilet tissue, etc. to last my family and me for 6 months. We keep hearing of the multi-nations (132 to 196) recalibrating their currencies, including the US, and we could wake up one morning to find that our currency is suddenly worth 40% to 60% less than it was the night before. From what I have read, this is being planned to re-set the world's currencies in order to get rid of the ballooning inflation that has built up in these currencies in the past many years. If it will work, I can't see that the actual doing of it is much different than what is going to happen in Iraq, but since none of us (supposedly) know about it, and since it will include countries all over the world, it is much bigger and more nerve-rattling than is the same thing happening to just one small country. At any rate, if it happens, it can lead to a run on banks and to things we normally buy simply being unavailable in our local stores. When I hear of things that could happen, no matter how big or small, I simply ask myself: What is the worst thing that could happen? And in this instance, getting food, water, medicines, and household essentials would be the worst of it. Oh, and it probably won't hurt to have a little extra ammunition for you gun owners. I plan to do that, too. Again, if I don't need this last item, having it hasn't hurt anything, but if I do need it, I want it handy. My son-in-law has a lot of camping equipment which includes kerosene stoves to cook on and for heating in small spaces, plus other survival equipment, so we are good to go that way. And I will furnish a list to my other daughter and will make giving her a trust with a million US dollars in it contingent on her buying those items as well. haha Sneaky, huh?!! And one more constingency will be that she invest that money quickly and get it out of American dollars, just in case. Hard assets will hold up and retain their value, especially oil, gas, and precious minerals, all from Iraq, plus gold. These are what I plan to invest in for myself and my other daughter.

Ok, if anyone else has anything further to add, I would appreciate their comments. :)

David68, I cannot thank you enough for giving us what turned out to be wrong information, although that was certainly not your fault. But if it weren't for you passing on that faulty information, I would not have made this list, and I would have been blind-sided when the RV comes. I feel much more prepared now, most likely because I am much more prepared now. haha I really needed a small scare to force me to get moving and get this done. So David68, thank you again for giving me that tiny tipping-point push that I needed so badly. I'm ready now. Fran

• Upvote 1

This is what is actually at that link:

Parliament: Companies listed on the stock market and behind the rise in the dollar exchange rate

On: Tuesday 13/3/2012 8:15

 Baghdad / follow-up term

A member of the Finance Committee parliamentary Faleh applicable to companies registered in the Iraqi market for securities are the main cause of the high value of the dollar against the dinar because they are trading in their share of the dollar that you receive from the bank by selling the currency instead of buying them for goods and merchandise. He pointed out that the central bank has promised to reduce its value in the next few days. He said according to the applicable (Euphrates News): The Central Bank is responsible for fiscal policy and thus is obligated to take measures and controls to preserve the value of the dinar,

Indicating that the measures the bank last did not work in raising the value of the dinar. And declining exchange rate of the Iraqi currency in a banner during the past few days against foreign currencies, especially the dollar, raising fears among the citizens of the continuing decline. And Some attribute this decline to the resort's central bank to implement procedures for more stringent in the last few years about the sales of hard currency, especially the dollar, which has led to a lack of circulation of U.S. currency in the markets and increase demand and therefore high value against the dinar, but others believed that the currency's decline is due mainly to the withdrawal of America and the growing divide between politicians, which threatens the stability of the country.

http://www.almadapaper.net/news.php?action=view&id=61860

It amazes me that people can twist an article lol. I don't see Shabs name anywhere in here. Thanks for posting the actual article

Thanks a bunch, Francie... your plan looks pretty good... +1 for you!.. I took the hint & started writing down what I've been listing in my head... it's a rough draft right now, but maybe it'll keep me from running in circles... well, that might be the first thing I do, but it'll be celebratory circles, not confused ones... I'm planning to include many yippees along with the jumping & spinning............

GO RV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Francie... I love your list, I printed it out and mulled over it a bit today. All good points, but I would like your opinion and others as well on a couple of other investing ideas. Many of us have to wait for this thing to RV to have enough capital for the next venture(s).. as you have outlined so well. Planning is good, but I am not sure I ever want to be in this position again... all the "eggs in one basket" so to speak. I'll get right to it.... Gold.. yes, it's worth a lot, but I am not so sure of how much higher it will go??? Silver however has normally tracked about 1/16 of gold... and lately it hasn't kept up. Remember I am not an expert.. but wouldn't it make sense to diversify in at least some silver as well? Maybe even the same percentage as gold.... possibly? Then I have been hearing about the huge "possible" potential in copper (though that one may be more long term). Lithium is another possible venture that might yield some profit over the next couple of years or more.

Of course we all probably have currency in our blood now... let me check------> wacko.gif... Yup, for sure!!! So some Dong, Yen, and maybe Korean currency might be in our future if we don't have some already and there is still time... could be a strong possibility??? Variety is what I miss though... this all in one lump stuff is what has made this so difficult imo. Well... that is enough rambling on for me, maybe if some have other things to add to this list that would be helpful. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts Francie. wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

RodandStaff, you probably spent more time "mulling" over what I wrote than I spent thinking it through completely before posting it. haha

Thanks for thinking it through more thoroughly. This is exactly what I had hoped would happen, that some of the really good minds here would put in their own 2 cents to shape my ideas more fully or to change them where needed. I didn't intend it to be a finished product as posted, so it is gratifying to read your response. Yes, I think you are absolutely on target in your idea to diversify into a number of precious metals in your investments, and I will do the same. Like you, I am afraid of ever again having only one investment, which is what I have now. Also I suspect that gold may have reached its peak value, or close, while silver still has stronger possibilities. And once we begin to explore these metals, we may discover others. You mentioned lithium, and there are even others we should probably also consider. I have always been a bit of a risk-taker, but until I am sure my financial well-being is solid, I can't afford to risk being out there too far this time. Age changes things, and of course, the fact that I recently had to sell my home and move in with my daughter and her family has shaped my fears even further. I want to safeguard my financial future, above all. I just can't keep starting over, as I once could. Thus, my own goal will be, first and foremost, to protect my money, although investing in growing products is also a goal, but just not my bottom line. When I heard of the dinar, as you probably already know, it came at a time when my 401K had suddenly simply disappeared in a market gone awry, and I was forced to sell my home because I could no longer afford to live there. After paying off all my bills, I scraped up everything I could get my hands on and invested all of it in this currency. So now, this is where I stand: I don't want to be difficult regarding the American dollar since I love my country, but this could very well be my last/only chance for financial security as I go into my old age. Based on what I have read, I can't afford to risk putting a lot of my money into American dollars or in businesses based on the American dollar as long as there is a chance the dollar will be re-set soon, and overnight will be worth only 40% to 60% of its value on the day before. (Glenn Beck even warned that something was going to happen for which we needed to prepare by having six months worth of emergency supplies on hand. I distinctly recall hearing Beck say that six months worth of these supplies would be enough, so that's what I'm aiming for). Certainly not everyone would have the same goals I have, and there are younger people here who can risk more simply because they have more time to start over or to make adjustments in the future.

If there is someone here who knows more about the whispers and rumors of a reset of the world's currency, I would love to hear from them. I hope my fears are groundless on this matter, but I need to hear this from someone who knows the facts behind this "rumor." Otherwise, I am going to protect my money (when I get it) by putting most of it into hard investments. (Don't know if that is an official term or not, but to me it means things I can actually hold in my hands). RodandStaff, you mentioned other foreign currencies, and although that may not be quite as "hard" as precious metals and oil, I will probably invest in some of those as well.

• Upvote 1

Francie- Thanks for the reply... I think a lot of us are in similar positions financially, I am sorry to hear about your 401K situation, the good Lord willing I hope you never have to get in this position again! That goes for the rest of us as well with all our varying situations. I definitely agree with you on not having our windfall stuck in USD. That is why a percentage invested in as stable of an investment as we can find may be the best course of action for a good percentage of any windfall. I would consider metals being "fairly" stable... though gold has gone on such a meteoric ride who know's where it will end up? Silver is an industrial metal, as well as copper so I think they will possibly be more stable for longer term shelter of our investment, and they still imo have room to grow..... just my thinking out loud. Lithium, and other paper currencies would probably fall into the speculative category. Other secure "investments" imo would be, as Glen Beck has stated (and many others), is at least a 6-12 month supply of basic foods and necessities. I also see land as an investment.. but land I can somehow make work for me not just sit there idle. We are hoping to invest in a Retreat Center/Youth Camp as a ministry type outreach, but if it is a healthy RV I hope to buy some rental properties or garden rental plot land... that is what may work for us. I know we all have different ideas and we have to find what works for us. The main thing is to get this investment under our belts so we can move forward... Ugggghhhhh! rolleyes.gif Blessings!wink.gif

Come On RV Baby!!!cool.gif

It was implied that Shabs promised this. Also adding to this, my translation stated that "He (A member of the Finance Committee parliamentary Faleh) pointed out that the central bank has promised to reduce its value (meaning the dollar/USD) in the next few days."

No real harm done, though. No matter how I personally look at the article...I still get that there is a planned and promised revalue of either the USD...or the IQD. You get two guesses as to what will happen.

The dollar will LOOSE major value...or the dinar will GAIN major value. Personally? I don't think the green back is the one needing the overhaul. wink.gif I'd also like to add that if Shabs didn't promise any such thing...there WILL be a quick public statement...if he can retort it honestly.

Hiya Crossfire.

The way I see it...and it's only a viewpoint....is that the USA Fed bank has been devaluing the US Dollar through its mega printing exercises...QE2, QE3, etc...and really....even though the value of the dollar has decreased significantly, over the past 12 to 18 months...the Dinar has been sitting at ...well....around the same value...right? So this might just be a bit of adjusting...and bringing the Dinar up to date....

of course, there has also been lots of talk about a global, general allignment of the value of various currencies...this might be a part of it too. No matter what....all the news seems to suggest that we're heading in the right direction.

have a great weekend, folks!

• Upvote 2