Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Central Bank has promised to reduce the value of the dinar against the dollar in the coming days

yota691

Thanks for the intelligent reply. It looks like a lot of people are thinking this is about changing the value of the dinar ie; RV... But I think it is about controlling foreign currency flow, as you have stated.

Yup thats exactly what it is so don't get too excited folks THIS IS IN NO WAY A WARNING OF AN RV

Do you think they are that crazy?

• Downvote 4

This appears to be great news....however, it may not be as good as we'd like it to be? Meaning.....the CBI says they will greatly increase value of dinar against dollar...well since it's 1166 to 1 right now, 388 to 1 or 292 to 1 would represent a huge increase...that would be a 300% or 400% increase in value and we would triple or quadruple our money...not bad, but not what most are expecting. Just sayin.....you can't take these news articles and twist them into your own personal dream. I still think everybody is just too darn optimistic.....I'm a "it's a glass half empty sorta guy" and just can't get excited over the news of the day. Been around this thing too long and have seen this type of hype before.....only to find out it was all smoke and mirrors.

I still cannot get past the fact of how much dinar is in circulation today by the CBI's own account....it's too much for an RV of any decent value. In today's environment I can't see an RV of more than 10 cents, but I guess that would work for me. Doesn't anybody question the issue of there possibly being 27 trillion dinar in circulation.....and there is just no way the WORLD money supply is going to more than double over night if it RV's at a buck. It just cannot happen....no way, no how???? :o Can somebody explain to me how they think it could RV at even a dollar IF there is 27 trillion dinar out there? Please...convince me, I want to beleive it can be true, but the facts don't support it. B)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

From the Rumor Mill, when the CBI initially comes out with a rate change, it will be a Low rate. From the Rumor Mill most folks holding IQD 50 to 60% will take the First rate, (cash out)!! All just Rumor but it makes sense!! Hope this helps!!

It does help, thanks for taking the time to clarify it for me and so I'm holding on the initial rate. I've waited this long, may as well hold tight for a little while longer. "Rumor" or not, it does make sense. Bless you for all you do Yota!!!!!

This appears to be great news....however, it may not be as good as we'd like it to be? Meaning.....the CBI says they will greatly increase value of dinar against dollar...well since it's 1166 to 1 right now, 388 to 1 or 292 to 1 would represent a huge increase...that would be a 300% or 400% increase in value and we would triple or quadruple our money...not bad, but not what most are expecting. Just sayin.....you can't take these news articles and twist them into your own personal dream. I still think everybody is just too darn optimistic.....I'm a "it's a glass half empty sorta guy" and just can't get excited over the news of the day. Been around this thing too long and have seen this type of hype before.....only to find out it was all smoke and mirrors.

I still cannot get past the fact of how much dinar is in circulation today by the CBI's own account....it's too much for an RV of any decent value. In today's environment I can't see an RV of more than 10 cents, but I guess that would work for me. Doesn't anybody question the issue of there possibly being 27 trillion dinar in circulation.....and there is just no way the WORLD money supply is going to more than double over night if it RV's at a buck. It just cannot happen....no way, no how???? :o Can somebody explain to me how they think it could RV at even a dollar IF there is 27 trillion dinar out there? Please...convince me, I want to beleive it can be true, but the facts don't support it. B)

too bad so sad for you Timothy i think you need to stop going into the LOP section and take this as what it is as progress with Iraq its ok, really it is.tongue.gif

• Upvote 5

my translator broke it down for me, hope he is right.

because the cbi is responsible for the fiscal-monetary policy, they tried to raise-strengthen it by other means and it hasn't worked, there plan hasn't been fully implemented, and in the now, few days (just writing what he is saying, communication gap. lol) they will raise the value close to the u.s.d. (he said however that few days could be longer) the main reason why now is because companies are leaving iraq, and they need to show financial stability.

also, the locals are not happy that there money has no value, and the fact it isn't-wasn't going up.

his opinion is that they are indeed going to revalue there currency, though he doesn't know how soon, few days could be days-weeks-months.

his professional opinion tells him that a huge economic move is on the way for the dinar, and it will be pretty close to the u.s.d.

he also took a look at what there actions have been over the last few months, he seems to think that all of there actions, not words, have been setting themselves up to revalue there currency.

imo, i think we are with-in 2 months, though i have been wrong before. lol

Thanks Sonny and forward thanks to your terp. It's always good to hear from people in the mix.

GH

I still cannot get past the fact of how much dinar is in circulation today by the CBI's own account....it's too much for an RV of any decent value. In today's environment I can't see an RV of more than 10 cents, but I guess that would work for me. Doesn't anybody question the issue of there possibly being 27 trillion dinar in circulation.....and there is just no way the WORLD money supply is going to more than double over night if it RV's at a buck. It just cannot happen....no way, no how???? ohmy.gif Can somebody explain to me how they think it could RV at even a dollar IF there is 27 trillion dinar out there? Please...convince me, I want to beleive it can be true, but the facts don't support it. cool.gif

With all do respect friend it has been stated in several articles that a 1000% increase to the USD to de-dollarize the country. I wish I had them close to me, but I dont.. A lil help folks!! While I respect your opinion and would die for you to state it, it just exciting because i got in in april of 05 and this is very..and i mean VERY fast progress over the last 7 years..... Perhaps our time has come, and perhaps the Iraqi's will return to thier former glory.... Remember... The whole reason I got invested in this was that HISTORY ALWAYS REPEATS ITSELF!! The GARDEN OF EDEN WAS WHERE, IN THE CRADLE OF CIVILIZATION..... Money and Beer to all !!!! Keep rolling on the news, NEWS HOUNDS!!! Well Done!!

Roll RV!! :woot:

• Upvote 1

thanks carrello, but this is what i brought him. and he says its written letter by letter. he wants the script, where the letters run together and are connected words. i guess the context changes, depending on how its written. I do appreciate the post. Its amazing how the meanings can change by how its written. he said the sentence is backwards by the letter by letter format

Truthful, with all due respect, why don't you quit trying so hard and just simply enjoy the good news? Sometimes good news is just that; good news. Have a blessed day!

• Upvote 1

Maybe someone can explain this to me......

"The Central Bank has promised to reduce the value of the dinar against the dollar in the coming days "

Ummm I thought we wanted them to RAISE the value of the dinar.....not REDUCE it......

I mean this is good they are talking about the dinar and not mentioning anything about the zeros for once, but how can reducing the value of the dinar do us any good??

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

"The Central Bank has promised to reduce the value of the dinar against the dollar in the coming days "

Ummm I thought we wanted them to RAISE the value of the dinar.....not REDUCE it......

I mean this is good they are talking about the dinar and not mentioning anything about the zeros for once, but how can reducing the value of the dinar do us any good??

Keep i read an article the other day stating about dedollarizing so this is pretty much what i think its about its all about the translations coming out of Iraq they can be well.. confusing at times. You have to ask yourself would it make sense for them to devalue the dinar more against the US dollar? of course NOT, so therefore its a translation issue for sure.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

I have three questions, please:

1. As Dr. Hayduke said earlier, why would they announce this days ahead

2. Has the general population of Iraq been educated on the RV/RD/LOP ? jk

3. Who is the Doritio Bandito that keeps striking and negging me ?

We have such great issues being resolved, and questions being answered, but do we have evidence of the education process. In my mind, this is one of the easier things to accomplish, but an RV cannot take place without it. Have any of the in-country people seen any evidence?

As to #1, strategically it doesn’t make any sense. My take is that all of their slow playing up to this month has put them in bind and now they are blurting out, “ya, ya, ya … were going to have our act together by the summit… ya, we’re cooking now.” This is being said IMO to assure the new and very real Arab power brokers coming into town that the Iraqi players are worthy of acceptance. It’s just a thought because if we are reading this right then there is going to be a run on dinar dealers. I’m sitting flush right now and this article is certainly good news but it’s not enough for me to go out and buy more.

It is tempting though, isn’t it? :rolleyes:

All the best to everyone.

GH

• Upvote 1

I leave for a few hours to come back to see that you guys/gals are still hard at it, all I can say is wow!!

Zig posted another great article that goes good with this one, it looks like Chapter VII is right around the corner too.

BTW, I have +'s again, so Carrello I can take over watching your back, post away lady...:lol: :lol: :lol: ...I found out by trying to give you one and it worked...."I'm back in the saddle again", a great country and western song.......;)

Roy Rogers! and his camel, Trigger.

Zig also posted an article that stated Erbil had been agreed upon. OMG!

Thanks for the +1s Styker. I don't know who will get worn out faster - my DV comrades or the Dorito Bandito (s). Hell, I don't care. I am dancin' and singin'. Neg away. Like that is even important right now. B)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Hey there Keep,

That is was struck me this morn, but I also saw the title stating reduce the dinar against the dollar, but the body of the message states reduce the dollar against the dinar, Which is it? Also I cannot remember them stating it like that. Usually states to raise the value of the dinar and not reduce the dollar to get to the same place. A little back assward. I hope it is true, but staying well grounded and refuse to get all excited without a tiny bit more to back it up. What say you? 8^)

Keep i read an article the other day stating about dedollarizing so this is pretty much what i think its about its all about the translations coming out of Iraq they can be well.. confusing at times. You have to ask yourself would it make sense for them to devalue the dinar more against the US dollar? of course NOT, so therefore its a translation issue for sure.

Reducing the value against foreign currencies makes it take more IQD to purchase goods.

Not something the people wish to see...

Doesn't help gain faith in the IQD

Doesn't help with businesses

Doesn't help with trade

Raising the value? Likely a diff. scenario

We wait and see how it plays out

I think its saying to the iraqi people, the price of the dinar will drop against the dollar. meaning they wont be paying these high market prices like 1220 or 1222 to the dollar in the marketplace. i hope it also means rv.

• Upvote 2

Reducing the value against foreign currencies makes it take more IQD to purchase goods.

Not something the people wish to see...

Doesn't help gain faith in the IQD

Doesn't help with businesses

Doesn't help with trade

Raising the value? Likely a diff. scenario

We wait and see how it plays out

Well to me Darin there is only one way the dinar will go and its up and since its pegged to the US dollar then well you see where im going with this :)

Edited by easyrider

That's what's so bizarre about this. I feel like all the evidence in the world that an RV is imminent is staring me right in the face yet I still haven't bought any more dinar. I may want to kick myself 6 months from now for being gun shy but I guess there's something so unbelievable about this that I won't believe it until I'm walking out of a bank with a fat new balance!

I know exactly what you mean... it doesn't seem feasible, but at the same time, I love it!!! lol

Hey there Keep,

That is was struck me this morn, but I also saw the title stating reduce the dinar against the dollar, but the body of the message states reduce the dollar against the dinar, Which is it? Also I cannot remember them stating it like that. Usually states to raise the value of the dinar and not reduce the dollar to get to the same place. A little back assward. I hope it is true, but staying well grounded and refuse to get all excited without a tiny bit more to back it up. What say you? 8^)

Yea I wouldnt count your chickens yet.....when it states reducing the value of the dinar against the dollar thats talking about its exchange rate....meaning making the dinar less valuable then it already is.....

Now if its stating reducing the value of the dollar against the dinar then its talking the other way around which would be good......but its saying both....and it doesnt make much sense for a central bank to announce to the world that its going to raise its value....especially not in the way we are expecting....maybe a few points yes, but to make a large jump in value and tell the world about it would be suicide against itself....no one would let their dinar go and people would buy out any and all availible dinar....there would be a rush on the banks to purchase as much as possible and lord knows Shabibi does not want to be liable for spending the reserves they have taken so long to build up to pay out speculators.

We can only wait for tomorrow and see what arse backwards, conflicting article comes out about this same topic.....back when they moved the dinar to 1166 they almost immediately said they were working on getting the dinar up to an even 1000 and nothing has happened so I wouldnt expect a quick resolve to this.....maybe they will stun us all and move the value up a little more in the next couple days....bringing it to an even 1000 to 1 against the USD would be a nice start....

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 7

GM Yota, I find it hard to believe that Shabs would just come out and say this. Don't get me wrong i'm more than a little stoked by this article, I can't wait to see what's next.

Terrific find my friend. biggrin.gif

That has me curious as well, Don't get me wrong it's outstanding news but why would he show his hand like that?