Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CHANGING THE BELIEFS OF WHEN THE RV WILL HAPPEN

shabbadude

I have been under impression that the RV window during any given week is Tuesday - Thursday. The reasons given are banking coordination and the Friday holy day.

I get the concept of all of the banks being operating at the same time, but here's a question:

In currency trading, we can trade literally 24 hours a day (not that it would be always be profitable to do so) and except for Saturday have a short window of closure.

Since the RV release will be a instantaneous event world wide, all the BS of "in country" and "they have to wait for all of the banks retail operations to be open at the same time" is rubbish.

Here is something else... we have been led to believe that Iraq won't RV on a Friday or Saturday because it's their holy day.

Not True.

The Muslim holy day of prayer is Friday at noon. More importantly, they are not directed to abstain from activity or business (like the Jewish culture), in fact Friday is actually considered to be a good day for the blessing of business (Yaum Al-Mazid ).

To show you I'm not pulling goo-roo-poo, consider this:

As we have seen, in his practical wisdom, Muhammad fixed the day of public worship on the weekly market-day, because then the People of the oasis of Medina and its environment were assembled in one place anyhow.38 This day happened to be the eve of Sabbath, because the Jews, who formed a very considerable part of the population of the oasis, bought on it the necessary stores for their holy day, when no work, including buying and selling, was permitted. However Muhammad had not the slightest reason to adopt the Sabbath itself. First of all, as has been said in the introductory passage of this study, the idea of a weekly day of rest was foreign in general to the majority of mankind up to the threshold of modern times. In addition, for most of Muhammad's followers a weekly day of rest would not have been a practical proposition. For the Meceans, whose main occupation was the long distance transit-trade between the Mediterranean and Yaman, such an institution would have been a serious impediment, rather than a blessing, while the Bedouin had no need for such a day, as they did not do regular work anyhow.39

Muhammad knew, of course, that the institution of the Sabbath formed part of the heavenly revelation,40 but succeeded in solving the theological problem: how one and the same God could give different laws to different peoples, at least to the satisfaction of his own followers.41 It is evident from Surah lxii., 9-11, quoted above, that Muhammad regarded it as not incompatible with the holiness of the weekly day of worship to be also one of flourishing business42 — a conception which is the more plausible, if we consider that that day originally was the one set aside for commerce in an otherwise agricultural environment. Similarly, the Qur'an43 and popular belief44 regard the yearly pilgrimage to the Holy Places in the environment of Mecca as an appropriate occasion for prosperous business — again in conformity with the fact that in pagan times the yearly pilgrimages were also the season of the yearly fairs. It may even be that an ancient epithet for Friday, yaum al-mazid, the day of God's special bounty, may have something to do with this practical aspect of the weekly day of worship.45

However, although Islam did not enhance the holiness of Friday by forbidding on it worldly business, it succeeded in conveying to its believers, both by the solemnity of the service and by a number of accessory means,46 the feeling of a specially blessed day. There is no better way for putting this sociological study into its proper religious context than by quoting a description of the Friday service written by a sympathetic, but not uncritical, European observer at a time when Islam was almost untouched by foreign intrusions:47

It's my contention that the RV can happen at any time. This event belongs to the Iraqi people, it's primarily THEIR blessing based on THEIR culture and will happen according to THEIR timing. We're just luck to be along for the ride.

So, relax... enjoy the simple things and have that quite assurance that we will experience a once in a lifetime event

• Upvote 11

I asked Adam when he thought it might happen in his chat a few months back, this was his reply.

[Adam Montana] It could happen either way! I think it's more likely that they would choose either the beginning or the end of the week, though.

[Adam Montana] They start on Sunday. In my opinion, it will be announced on a Saturday night, rate will be in effect Sunday morning.

[Adam Montana] unfortunately, that means most of us will have no choice but to watch the news for an entire day before any of our banks open

[Adam Montana] but

[Adam Montana] that's just my opinion

[Adam Montana] next please!

• Upvote 2

I can't see it happening on a Friday either. When they get off of work on Wednesdays, they surely don't want to think of anything during their weekend until they go back to work on Saturday. I'm not saying it's impossible, but what I've seen how they enjoy their weekends in the Middle East, it's unlikely. It really doesn't matter what day it happens on, just as long as it happens.....soon, with a good rate !!! GO RV !!! B)

• Upvote 1

Listened to Phoenix tonight and a caller from Puerto Rico mentioned there is approximately 250,000 people invested in dinar there. That s almost 7% of their total population involved in a single investment.

Say the average person bought 1 million dinar.

Thats an upheaval of unprecedented proportions coming up for Puerto Rico post RV.

7% of their population overnight will possibly not need to work.

Anyone know speculation on how many are invested in the USA?

Edited by webup

Um, I think the point of the article is they don't observe "weekends".

I could be wrong... but I don't think so. (homage to Adrian Monk)

I was prompted to post this by observing my friend Muneef, a devout Iranian Shiite who worked until 11:00 on Fridays, left for the mosque and then would be back working with my team on Saturday.

I'm just saying it's food for thought, something that makes you go hmmmm.... :twocents:

It's my contention that the RV can happen at any time. This event belongs to the Iraqi people, it's primarily THEIR blessing based on THEIR culture and will happen according to THEIR timing. We're just luck to be along for the ride.

So, relax... enjoy the simple things and have that quite assurance that we will experience a once in a lifetime event

So true.

I for one feel very grateful for the opportunity.

Happy for our troops coming home and for the people of Iraq~

History in the making!

GO, GO RV

Listened to Phoenix tonight and a caller from Puerto Rico mentioned there is approximately 250,000 people invested in dinar there. That s almost 7% of their total population involved in a single investment.

Say the average person bought 1 million dinar.

Thats an upheaval of unprecedented proportions coming up for Puerto Rico post RV.

7% of their population overnight will possibly not need to work.

Anyone know speculation on how many are invested in the USA?

I would say that anyone that has even the most roundabout figure of an amount of folks invested is completely arbitrary.

And if it is 7% in P.R; that would surely take care of any unemployment issues post RV.