Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI PLANS TO ISSUE REVALUED NOTES

Carrello

I was just scanning through the pages and I think we're a LOT of us are simply being naive about the situation(s) that could play out.

I think we ALL know that a LOP is a possibility..... Some of us may speak as we don't see it happening because we wish to see different results.

Now, if the CBI does go forward with a R/D, it is still possible to make some profit if they do re-value the re-denominated currency (depending by how much, hopefully the $3 range we hear so often which would lead to maybe a triple our investment scenario

But we also have to realize that the CBI is not going to publicly state they're raising the value against foreign currencies because we all know what that would cause.

We're optimistic because we know that corruption is high and #s being spoken about may not be entirely correct.

We're also optimistic because we know the unlimited potential that they have with energy, natural resources (precious metals), their agricultural sector, and the vast amount of foreign investments that'll pour in.

Here are some figures to think about and sit back & wonder how does this work?

If 30 million people are citizens

They've claimed 30 trillion in hard currency

Lets reduce that to 30 Billion (removal of 3 zeros)

That leaves each person with roughly 1,000 IQD - than after that, it's all spoken

Interesting huh? Okay, but banks hold digital as well.

But, we are also not including the idea of the following factors:

Currency held within the local banks in their region

Currency held within foreign banks (State side, and surrounding regions)

Currency held by businesses

Now, we have to consider that the economy will grow

Businesses will prosper

Faith will slowly be gained again within banks, businesses, etc.

Population increasing....

Could the CBI R/D? Sure, but here is what I see them doing post R/D is simply going print crazy again to meet the demand... Simply how they went from 6.3T to 30T

Doesn't seem too fair for the people while the central bank prevents appreciation of the value.

• Upvote 4

Which so many articles have said the same thing, but it is always unclear. Translations? Possibility....or do they want to relay to the people, don't worry the dinar will be strong, everything is under control.

So true. Inspite of bad translations or eager interpretations or even a GOI propaganda machine, the IMF projections of the GDP speak to the ever increasing value of the Dinar. It is obvious to me there are going to be many opportunities within the next decade to make money in addtion to the Dinar.

GH

• Upvote 1

Its crazy how everyone still argues LOP or no LOP.....i mean cmon already....obviuosly they are referring to a LOP....BUT if for months now.....NOTHING has happened....if they were gunna truly LOP they would have done it by now.....easy peasy!

Why should an RD be any different than anything else in Iraq that they talk about forever before eventually maybe someday sort of doing?
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

OK IM GOING TO BUY SOME POWERBALL TICKETS .. MAYBE I CAN GET A MILLION FOR ONE DOLLAR TONIGHT

Your a little behind the times ... Powerball is now $2.00 a ticket . As educated as you try to sound , you should have known that !!!!!

WOW what an ugly thread this turned into :(

I can not believe the Iraqi Government would keep pouring time and money into a LOP !!! Also spend all the time and money to educate the Iraq citizens on remaining poor... I think not !!!

How about all the countries forgjving debts ??? out of kindness, again, I think not !!!! This list could go on and on, but again it would be all rehashed shiite.

I feel sorry for the people that invested in the IQD and are so negative about it, they sound like they have a misarable attitude about more than just the IQD.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Your a little behind the times ... Powerball is now $2.00 a ticket . As educated as you try to sound , you should have known that !!!!!

WOW what an ugly thread this turned into :(

I can not believe the Iraqi Government would keep pouring time and money into a LOP !!! Also spend all the time and money to educate the Iraq citizens on remaining poor... I think not !!!

How about all the countries forgjving debts ??? out of kindness, again, I think not !!!! This list could go on and on, but again it would be all rehashed shiite.

I feel sorry for the people that invested in the IQD and are so negative about it, they sound like they have a misarable attitude about more than just the IQD.

When did the power ball turn into $2 per ticket? Unless you want the power play.. But the power play may be what makes you the extra bonus even on a short win (i.e., 5 balls no power ball #)

I love this post!

Thanks bamagirl......its that simple at this point in the game!

Change is one of those unknown guarantess in life.....over the last couple of years the LOP no LOP argument has been raging and I truly do see and understand both sides.

But I really think is time for the realistic view that EVERYONE calls for......and the simple view is no one knows how this will end.....not the lopsters and not the Go RVers.......we just dont know.

And that is simply how we all should look at it at this point.

Anyone new this ride......should definitely understand this thing could make you richer than you ever dreamed orrrr it could be a big waiste of time and money(I seriously doubt it) but it could!

This thing is just way to complex and then to have all of the differring in opinions and ridiculous news articles written by journalists who clearly have no clue!

Thats the one and only true FACT that we know about this thing......and thats the FACT that the "information" is limted and the "news" is TOTALLLLLYYYY unreliable!!!

And thats a FACT!!!!

Go RV!!!

• Upvote 10

Thanks bamagirl......its that simple at this point in the game!

Change is one of those unknown guarantess in life.....over the last couple of years the LOP no LOP argument has been raging and I truly do see and understand both sides.

But I really think is time for the realistic view that EVERYONE calls for......and the simple view is no one knows how this will end.....not the lopsters and not the Go RVers.......we just dont know.

And that is simply how we all should look at it at this point.

Anyone new this ride......should definitely understand this thing could make you richer than you ever dreamed orrrr it could be a big waiste of time and money(I seriously doubt it) but it could!

This thing is just way to complex and then to have all of the differring in opinions and ridiculous news articles written by journalists who clearly have no clue!

Thats the one and only true FACT that we know about this thing......and thats the FACT that the "information" is limted and the "news" is TOTALLLLLYYYY unreliable!!!

And thats a FACT!!!!

Go RV!!!

Another nice post, JW. Plus one again. I think it would be a lot calmer around here if we could all just understand both sides, realizing no one knows what the outcome will be, but allowing the discussion/debate to continue. There is so much for all of us to learn from this process of constructive debate. I tend to agree with you that information is limited and news is unreliable; that alone keeps me on the fence.

Thanks for both your posts,

Kimberlye B)

• Upvote 1

When did the power ball turn into $2 per ticket? Unless you want the power play.. But the power play may be what makes you the extra bonus even on a short win (i.e., 5 balls no power ball #)

Darin, 1/1/2012 ALL powerball tickets $2.00 in the State of FL , I assumed it went up for all powerball states, I'm not sure about the others, but in FL it's a fact jack :D

Edited by Shelley
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I have to correct one more post to this thread for being hateful, it will be closed! If you want to discuss the topic, PLEASE DO SO! :angry:

Stop with the hateful comments or you can find some other site to read. :shakehead:

RVSTD - you are on Mod Review for 2 days.

The next Mod may not be so easy! Calling Bumper64, calling Bumper64, calling Bumper64 you're needed for clean up on aisle 4! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Granny, RVSTD was making a joke with Rayzur. He wasn't talking to the original guy that is on review. RVSTD and Rayzur are both in Pebble Beach. I made a comment about how Rayzur got in - disguised as a deer. RVSTD shouldn't be on review. IT WAS A JOKE!!!!!!

Poor guy, can't even answer you, as he is BANNED :lol::lol::lol:

Well, you had to have been to Pebble Beach to get it anyway. There are deer all over the course.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 3

Another nice post, JW. Plus one again. I think it would be a lot calmer around here if we could all just understand both sides, realizing no one knows what the outcome will be, but allowing the discussion/debate to continue. There is so much for all of us to learn from this process of constructive debate. I tend to agree with you that information is limited and news is unreliable; that alone keeps me on the fence.

Thanks for both your posts,

Kimberlye B)

Thank you and no doubt........if I actually believed the "information" was all there and the "news" was somewhat reliable........ I would probably sell my Dinar tomorrow! :)

Theres just way to much we don't know and theres obviously gotta be a good reason for that.....where nowadays its pretty darn hard to keep information out of the mainstream the way they have with this one. Its like theres a big curtain around the country.....and we are trying to all guess whats behind it. Lol

I truly love the the potential for this thing! I have not found the answers to my few questions that point directly to an RV in my mind.

I would s

Poor guy, can't even answer you, as he is BANNED :lol::lol::lol:

I didnt forget about you!:)

• Upvote 5

Wow, lots going on in this thread, I ran out of pluses with all the great input, JWJW great to see you back!

Thank You! emot-worship.gif

and your welcome. wink.gif

EVERYBODY REMEMBER TO SET CLOCKS FORWARD 1 HOUR! sleep.gif

SPRING FORWARD

Not me, we don't do that nonsense in Arizona!

Iraq: An article in "Kurdish Globe" informs that the Central Bank of Iraq plans to issue revalued notes of 50; 100 and 200 "new" dinars; which will be equal to 50,000; 100,000 and 200,000 of the old dinars. If true, this seems to indicate that the current 5,000; 10,000 and 25,000 dinars will continue to be used.

These new notes will be worth 1000 times more what they would be at todays rate.

The Central Bank of Iraq has agreed with the Economic Committee of the Iraqi Parliament to introduce the new

banknotes in September 2012, which will be used in parallel with the current banknotes for a year.

The notes we have now will still be used for a year.

"According to the agreements, the new bill will be printed by a European company and introduced to the market gradually and in

a well-planned schedule to ensure it will not result in shocks and would not have a negative impact on the market," explained MP

Khalil. He added the exchange rate between the new banknotes and the old ones would be 1:1,000.

Again the new notes will be worth 1,000 times what they would be worth at todays rate, and more importantly the exchange rate between the new and old notes will be 1,000 to 1. Take off the RD goggles and look at this one closely, exchanging old notes will give you 1000 times their value at todays rate. So with that exchange rate a 1,000 IQD note will give you eight or nine new 100 IQD notes. This article also makes me think it will be a straight 1-1 conversion to make the exchanges easier. We may see another drop in the exchange rate to 1 USD to 1,000 IQD before the RV or they could just RV to an even 1 USD to 1 IQD. I say this because of the math:

1,000 IQD note at todays rate is about 86 cents.

86 x 1,000 (1,000 being the exchange rate for old to new Dinars) = 860 in new Dinar value. A 1-1 RV would make that 1,000 in new Dinar value (ten new 100 IQD notes) and much easier with the denominations they say they will create.

+1 Carrello for finding this gem!

• Upvote 4

Thanks, Carrello! Wow, interesting reading thru all 9 pages, some great opinions, some downers, some good, some bad.

Thanks, Granny, for stepping in & putting a stop to things before they really got out of hand!

Looking forward to the events coming this week... Could pan out to be VERY interesting!

KK

I thought we got rid of all the homless people at the golf course how did you sneak back?

Wow and cool, I didn't know any other dinar folk lived here. Did you catch Tiger at the AT&T last month? What a freakin pain in the tail that always is with all the people, I usually stock up and dont leave home for a week.... lol .... and was still cool to see him...... Tea at Casanova's anytime that's good for you ;)

He wears a deer costume.

"He" is still and shall remain for this lifetime, .... a she..... :lol::D:lol:

Don't we first have to understand what decimal trading is? And how it applies to counterfeit currency?

Definition of 'Decimal Trading'

A system in which the price of a security is quoted using a decimal format rather than fractions. For example, a decimal trading quote would be $56.25; using fractions, the same quote would appear as $56¼. The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) ordered all stock markets within the U.S. to convert to decimals by April 9, 2001. Prior to 2001, markets in the United States utilized fractions in price quotes. Since decimalization, all quotes appear in the decimal trading format.

Investopedia explains 'Decimal Trading'

Decimalization has led to tighter spreads since smaller price movements can be accounted for. For example, prior to decimalization, one-sixteenth (1/16) of $1 was the minimum price movement represented in a price quote (this is equal to $0.0625).

With decimalization, the minimum price movement is 1 cent for stocks over $1, providing a greater number of price levels and allowing for tighter spreads between the bid and the ask levels for trading instruments.

So imo these statements make no sense at all.

Thanks zigmeister for your thoughts on this one...I have no idea what it means.....and wasn't sure if it had something to do with removing the decimal point, like one might do in removing zeros from the notes....and if this implied moving it in value as well.....(to which I vote a big NO :)

Thanks again :D

• Downvote 1

Again the new notes will be worth 1,000 times what they would be worth at todays rate, and more importantly the exchange rate between the new and old notes will be 1,000 to 1.

This is the key phrase, the exchange rate between old and new is 1000:1 . 1 new-dinar = 1000 IQD .

Take off the RD goggles and look at this one closely, exchanging old notes will give you 1000 times their value at todays rate.

No. It says nothing about the dollar exchange rate. old to new is 1000 to 1. So if the rate goes up for old it goes up for new as well. If 1 IQD becomes worth 0.0009 USD for example, the 1 new dinar would be worth 0.90 USD instead of 0.86 USD. This is the article on the OP right? Where does it say anything like "old notes give 1000 times its value"?

So with that exchange rate a 1,000 IQD note will give you eight or nine new 100 IQD notes.

What? Its old to new, is 1000 to 1. If a 1000 IQD note traded for 8 or 9 new 100 notes that would an old to new exchnage of 1000 to 800 or 1000 to 900 , where did you get that? The articles have said it a zillion times, old to new is 1000 to 1.
  • Upvote 2

and more importantly the exchange rate between the new and old notes will be 1,000 to 1.

Note you also have this backwards (not sure you meant it that way or not). The article clearly says old to new is 1000:1 . If it were as you appear to say here "new and old will be 1000 to 1" then a 25,000 IQD note would exchange for 25M new-dinars. That would be adding three zeros. The money supply would go from 62T dinars to 62,000 T new-dinars. Edited by dvforumuser

Don't know how any of you read RV from this.

"He added the exchange rate between the new banknotes and the old ones would be 1:1,000."

I'm not a 'lopster' as I have my reasons for believing in a small rv, but dyod and quit reading so blindly into redenomination articles? Lol

this is not a red denomination article!!! maybe you should re read it! they specifically say that this action will INCREASE the value of the iraqi dinar against the us dollar, a re denomination doesnt do that, but a RV does!!!

• Upvote 3

Or maybe double space for more than on paragraph :lol:

Oh, and please use spellcheck. :lol:

Two spelling errors that many people miss for some reason-- I see these often in here.

moot = theoretical, hypothetical

mute--silent

versus = compared to

verses = poetry units