Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Congress getting ready to impeach Barry?

divemaster5734

Why is there a media black out on this?

Why cant the "peoples" president just follow the damn law?

If you call this racist, you are a jackass.

It has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING other than some stupid piece of paper call the CONSTITUTION!!!

If that has no meaning or value to you then I am not allowed to tell you what I think of you.

HOWEVER, if you, like me, are SICK and TIRED of all the abuse of power, misrepresentation, and outright lies, then you might enjoy hearing about this.

Before you wacko progressives say it, yes, Bush should have impeached also.

But then, that traitor should have been hung for treason long before he ordered any invasions.

on March 7, 2012

112TH CONGRESS

2D SESSION H. CON. RES. 107

Expressing the sense of Congress that the use of offensive military force

by a President without prior and clear authorization of an Act of Congress

constitutes an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor under

article II, section 4 of the Constitution.

rest is here

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

if Iran blocks the strait of Hormuz---will the navy attack immediatly ?

i think so---no time to convene the Congress

It's not a spur of the moment war.. It's been planned since 92'.. A systematic war..Plus Kuwait can redirect the oil flow around thru them..

Edited by trooper
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm trying to understand this process better. Can someone please explain exactly what a concurrent resolution does and what other steps are required to impeach? I will continue researching but hoped someone could offer some insight.

Wikipedia:

A concurrent resolution is a resolution (a legislative measure) adopted by both houses of a bicameral legislature that lacks the force of law (is non-binding) and does not require the approval of the chief executive.

United States Congress

In the United States Congress, a concurrent resolution is a resolution passed by both the House of Representatives and the Senate but is not presented to the President and does not have the force of law. In contrast, joint resolutions and bills are presented to the President and, once signed or approved over a veto, are enacted and have the force of law.

Concurrent resolutions are generally used to address the sentiments of both chambers or deal with issues or matters affecting both houses. Examples of concurrent resolutions include:

Sometimes, before the Supreme Court of the United States ended the practice in its decision in Immigration and Naturalization Service v. Chadha 462 U.S. 919 (1983), concurrent resolutions were used to override executive actions via a mechanism known as the legislative veto.

If both houses of Congress were to ever censure a President (which has never happened – both the House and Senate have done so individually, but so far never together) it would, according to parliamentary procedure, be a concurrent resolution, as a joint resolution requires the President's signature or veto and has the power of law. A concurrent resolution does not have the power of law nor require action by the executive to take force.

Concurrent resolutions originating in the Senate are abbreviated S.Con.Res. and those originating in the House are abbreviated H.Con.Res.