Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Good Dividend Paying Equities

WallyWeaver

I've been trying to put together a list of top dividend paying stocks from different sectors of the economy. Here are a few that I really like:

Intel Corp. (INTC): $.21/ share per quarter; current share price: $27.07

Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP): $1.16/ share per quarter; current price per share: $87.44

McDonald's (MCD): $.70/ share per quarter; current share price: $96.84

Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDSA): $.84/ share per quarter; current share price: $71.49

Chevron Corp. (CVX): $.81/ share per quarter; current share price: $109.57

Waste Management (WM): $.355/ share per quarter; current price per share: $34.90

Coca Cola (KO): $.47/ share per quarter; current price per share: $69.51

Procter and Gamble Co. (PG): $.525/ share per quarter; current share price: $ 66.93

Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): $.57/ share per quarter; current share price: $64.74

Does anyone else out there in DV land have any good dividend paying stocks that they like? I would love to hear from some of you.

WW.

• Upvote 4

PS: In my opinion, IF we get a nice exchange rate with our IQD, dividend paying stocks might be a good place to "stash" part of your post Rv investment.

Consider this: if you purchased 10,000 shares of KMP you would receive a dividend check for $11,600.00 every quarter (before taxes, of course). If you increased that to 100,000 shares of KMP you would receive a dividend check of $116,000.00 every quarter (again, before taxes). That works out to over $38,000.00 per month!

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I could survive with that meager income. biggrin.gif

Anyway, just a suggestion.... something to consider if we get a nice exchange rate in our favor.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Southern Copper a Canada minimg co.,(SCCO) was paying .45 cents a quarter per $34 share. This last time they opted to give shares in place of dividends. I recieved 2 additional shares this go around. SCCO is in to not only copper but silver & gold mining around the globe. You own a stake in the mining company rather than bullion.

• Upvote 3

Good stuff 20 and Luigi! +1 to both of you.

I will investigate these this weekend.

I think my top 5 (for right now) are:

KMP

RDSA

INTC

KO

CL

That's pipeline/ energy sector, petroleum, tech., food, and consumer goods. A pretty well rounded portfolio, if I must say so myself. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to investigating your picks.

In case you are wondering, I am also long on AGQ (Pro Shares Ultra Silver) and SBUX (Yep, Starbucks). AGQ is actually my largest position (look at the 1 year charts, this will go over $200/ share.... probably this year) and I love how aggressive Starbucks is being right now both with new products (single serving shots and energy drink market) and international expansion in China, Japan, and India.

WW.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff 20 and Luigi! +1 to both of you.

I will investigate these this weekend.

I think my top 5 (for right now) are:

KMP

RDSA

INTC

KO

CL

That's pipeline/ energy sector, petroleum, tech., food, and consumer goods. A pretty well rounded portfolio, if I must say so myself. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to investigating your picks.

In case you are wondering, I am also long on AGQ (Pro Shares Ultra Silver) and SBUX (Yep, Starbucks). AGQ is actually my largest position (look at the 1 year charts, this will go over $200/ share.... probably this year) and I love how aggressive Starbucks is being right now both with new products (single serving shots and energy drink market) and international expansion in China, Japan, and India.

WW.

Agree. The days of cheap oil are over. Anything related to perto exploration, drilling, piplines, oil terminals & refining are black gold mines as far as investing goes.

• Upvote 2

Hatteras Financial Corp - HTS

Penn West Petroleum - PWE

Alpine Dynamic Dividend - ADVDX

AT&T - T

Chimera Investment Corp - CIM

Atlantic Power Corporation - ATP

Himax Tech Inc (ADR) - HIMX

American Capital Agency - AGNC

Okay, let's take a look at these:

HTS: $.90/ share dividend; stock price: $28.15 Per Share

Wow! That is a great dividend pay out! There is a little bit of a red flag, though, because their dividend dropped $.10 in the 4th quarter last year from $1.00 to $.90.

PWE: $.2705/ share dividend; stock price: $19.78 PS

Another good one. Looks like they raised their dividend by $.01 in the 4th quarter last year.

ADVDX: I couldn't find a dividend pay out for this one. Unless maybe you are saying that you invested in this fund and the fund itself gives a payout. The share price is $3.83 PS.

T: $.44/ share dividend; share price: $31.51 PS

Good one... dividend looks consistent over last year and raised by $.01 in the 4th quarter last year.

CIM: $.11/ share dividend; share price: $2.81

This one would concern me a little. The dividend has dropped almost every quarter last year as well as the share price.

ATP: Couldn't find any info. on this symbol.

HIMX: $.12/ share dividend; share price: $2.0335 PS

This one would scare me. The dividend has dropped consistently for the past 4 years from $.35 to where it is today at $.12. The share price has also dropped significantly. Although it does seem to be in a little bit of a rally since Jan. of this year.

AGNC: $1.25/ share dividend; share price: $29.82 PS

Dropped $.15 from 4th quarter of last year to 1st quarter of this year; down from $1.40.

Looks like AT&T and Penn West Petroleum are the winners on this list and are eligible for more seriuos consideration. I've not heard of Penn West Petroleum before so I will have to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the list 20.

WW.

Southern Copper a Canada minimg co.,(SCCO) was paying .45 cents a quarter per $34 share. This last time they opted to give shares in place of dividends. I recieved 2 additional shares this go around. SCCO is in to not only copper but silver & gold mining around the globe. You own a stake in the mining company rather than bullion.

Let's take a look at yours Luigi...

SCCO: $.19/ share dividend; share price: $32.08 PS

Oh wow.... the dividend dropped $.50 per share from the 4th quarter of last year to the first quarter of this year.... yikes! It went from $.69/ share to $.19/ share. Was there a stock split on this one L.?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sixteen-Percent Dividends… from Residential Real Estate? Yes!

By Dr. Steve SjuggerudTuesday, April 10, 2012

With a 16% dividend, Two Harbors is already one of the top recommendations in my True Wealth newsletter.

But in my opinion, the story just got better…

Two Harbors recently announced it's going to be buying single-family homes.

On its most recent conference call with investors, Two Harbors said:

We are targeting properties at significant discounts to replacement cost.

We intend to hold the properties we buy for investment and rent them for income… We believe the strategy will produce attractive returns for our shareholders over time.

I love it…

As you probably know from recent DailyWealth issues, I believe single-family homes are an incredible opportunity right now.

The basic story is that housing is a great value right at this moment: With mortgage rates at lows and a record "bust" in home prices, housing is more affordable than ever. Plus, we're at the "puke point" – banks are giving up properties at any price, just to get rid of 'em.

I also believe that the management team at Two Harbors has done a fantastic job of finding the best opportunities in real estate…

Right now, the Two Harbors portfolio is filled with bonds… Roughly half are government-guaranteed mortgage bonds, and half are non-government-guaranteed mortgage bonds. In the fourth quarter of 2011, the government-guaranteed bonds had an average interest rate of 3.5%. The non-guaranteed ones had an average interest rate of 9.7%.

Two Harbors borrows money at roughly 1% and invests it in these bonds. It's taken advantage of the Fed (like Annaly and Hatteras), using the government guarantee. It's also taken advantage of the foreclosure fears, making a fortune through buying very high-yield mortgage bonds.

Two Harbors is organized as a real estate investment trust (a REIT), so it pays no taxes on its real estate income… as long as it distributes that income to you in dividends. So all the rent it will earn will flow to you, untaxed. Right now, it's paying a 16% dividend.

It will take time before single-family homes have any meaningful impact on the Two Harbors portfolio. But I like the idea for the same reasons Two Harbors does… "the potential for home price appreciation and increasing rents."

In a zero-percent world, Two Harbors is paying out a 16% dividend. And it's starting to buy single-family homes at "significant discounts to replacement cost."

If you believe at all in residential real estate, Two Harbors (TWO) is a no-brainer.

Good investing,

Steve

http://www.google.co...ce?q=NYSE%3ATWO

Two Harbors Investment Corp (NYSE:TWO)

Edited by 20MillionDinar
  • Upvote 1

Okay, let's take a look at these:

HTS: $.90/ share dividend; stock price: $28.15 Per Share

Wow! That is a great dividend pay out! There is a little bit of a red flag, though, because their dividend dropped $.10 in the 4th quarter last year from $1.00 to $.90.

PWE: $.2705/ share dividend; stock price: $19.78 PS

Another good one. Looks like they raised their dividend by $.01 in the 4th quarter last year.

ADVDX: I couldn't find a dividend pay out for this one. Unless maybe you are saying that you invested in this fund and the fund itself gives a payout. The share price is $3.83 PS.

T: $.44/ share dividend; share price: $31.51 PS

Good one... dividend looks consistent over last year and raised by $.01 in the 4th quarter last year.

CIM: $.11/ share dividend; share price: $2.81

This one would concern me a little. The dividend has dropped almost every quarter last year as well as the share price.

ATP: Couldn't find any info. on this symbol.

HIMX: $.12/ share dividend; share price: $2.0335 PS

This one would scare me. The dividend has dropped consistently for the past 4 years from $.35 to where it is today at $.12. The share price has also dropped significantly. Although it does seem to be in a little bit of a rally since Jan. of this year.

AGNC: $1.25/ share dividend; share price: $29.82 PS

Dropped $.15 from 4th quarter of last year to 1st quarter of this year; down from $1.40.

Looks like AT&T and Penn West Petroleum are the winners on this list and are eligible for more seriuos consideration. I've not heard of Penn West Petroleum before so I will have to dig a little deeper.

Thanks for the list 20.

WW.

Let's take a look at yours Luigi...

SCCO: $.19/ share dividend; share price: $32.08 PS

Oh wow.... the dividend dropped $.50 per share from the 4th quarter of last year to the first quarter of this year.... yikes! It went from $.69/ share to $.19/ share. Was there a stock split on this one L.?

This past quarter, the shareholders were paid in stock instead of dividends. I got paid two extra shares this quarter. That's a better return from the last quarter.

• Upvote 1

Two Harbors Investment Corp (NYSE:TWO)

That does look like a good one 20.

It looks like the share price bottomed in October of 2011 at $7.72/ share and is now at $10.18/ share. The dividend has remained steady at $.40/ share per quarter.

Looks decent. I'll keep my eye on it.

WW.

I have some AT&T stock and they've been good for me. I wish this RV would hurry up and happen. I would love to invest in others.

Thanks WalleyWeaver you a big help in this area... along with all the other great mines of our investors.

Okay I need to let my brain rest. Goodnight

• Upvote 1

I have some AT&T stock and they've been good for me. I wish this RV would hurry up and happen. I would love to invest in others.

AT&T IS a good stock, patty.

I'm in the same boat as you.... I have tons of good ideas and not enough capital. biggrin.gif

Thank you walley and 20 for this great information wink.gif

Thank you, Gina, for taking part in this thread. smile.gif

WW.

Wally,

Thanks for the info...very helpful... I always like like INTC, KO, MSFT, T, and also JNJ., HD

PS: In my opinion, IF we get a nice exchange rate with our IQD, dividend paying stocks might be a good place to "stash" part of your post Rv investment.

Consider this: if you purchased 10,000 shares of KMP you would receive a dividend check for $11,600.00 every quarter (before taxes, of course). If you increased that to 100,000 shares of KMP you would receive a dividend check of $116,000.00 every quarter (again, before taxes). That works out to over $38,000.00 per month!

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure I could survive with that meager income. biggrin.gif

Anyway, just a suggestion.... something to consider if we get a nice exchange rate in our favor.

I like the way you think :) I say the same thing but I will do more diversification to precious metals, some mutual funds and ahhh life is a beach lol lol

• Upvote 1

Wally,

Thanks for the info...very helpful... I always like like INTC, KO, MSFT, T, and also JNJ., HD

I like the way you think smile.gif I say the same thing but I will do more diversification to precious metals, some mutual funds and ahhh life is a beach lol lol

No Nadita, thank YOU for sharing your input! biggrin.gif

Those are some very good picks there, many of them are on my favorites list.

And I do agree about diversification. I have three areas of focus in my investing strategy:

1. Precious metals. I buy physical silver (Canadian Silver Maple Leafs and I also have American Silver Eagles although I don't buy those anymore) and I purchase shares of silver on the NYSE through the ETF AGQ (Pro Shares Ultra Silver).

2. Wall Street, obviously. My absolute favorite companies to buy shares of are: Intel Corp. (INTC), Starbucks (SBUX), Kinder Morgan Energy Partners (KMP), and McDonald's (MCD). I also made a nice profit with Broadvision Inc. (BVSN) this year. I bought in at $17/ share in January and sold in March at $39/ share. Not too shabby.

In other words, I have my favorites but I'm always on the look out for under-valued companies.

3. Foreign currencies. Obviously, I have IQD. I have been adding more to my stack each quarter. I'm also stacking physical Chinese Yuan (RMB) as I think it is undervalued and I believe they are moving to back it with gold at some point in the future. Also, China is very aggressive with their currency on the world trade scene (see Africa and BRIC's nations).

That's it. 3 areas of focus that I don't expect will change much even if the IQD has a nice exchange rate.

WW.

• 1 month later...

WW,

I know you mentioned gold stocks sometime :). Mind sharing it again ?

As far as currencies, I might fetch some RMB :) I like SIN dollars too... Pretty stable, just in case dollars goes down but gold and silver are always good too.

Why do you like maple leaf silver ? I thought the eagle is good :)

• Upvote 1

WW,

I know you mentioned gold stocks sometime smile.gif. Mind sharing it again ?

As far as currencies, I might fetch some RMB smile.gif I like SIN dollars too... Pretty stable, just in case dollars goes down but gold and silver are always good too.

Why do you like maple leaf silver ? I thought the eagle is good smile.gif

Hey Nadita, good evening.

As far as gold goes (on the stock market) take a look at GLD, SPDR Gold Trust. I know Jim Cramer is high on this ETF and it is the only precious metals play on the stock market that he recommends. Check it out here: http://www.marketwat...esting/fund/GLD

I guess you can also enter the world of futures contracts on the COMEX but that is a whole other can of worms and I'm not knowledgeable enough to be of any help to you at this time in that arena.

I have Eagles and Maple Leafs and there's not necessarily anything wrong with Eagles. I have simply gained a healthy fear of the US government, especially in light of the current political and economic conditions we are faced with. If there was ever to be a confiscation of pm's, like in the 1930's, it may be better to be holding coinage from another country, rather than from here. The argument could be made that since the Silver Eagle is minted here by the US Mint, ultimately it belongs to the US Governmet, and in times of serious economic distress, could be subject to confiscation. I suppose it might be possible to avoid that if you have Canadian Silver Maple Leafs. I know it seems silly, and it probably is, but that's why I try to stick with Maple Leafs.

Oh, and my favorite stocks have changed a bit so I'd better put that down here, too.

For now, my favorites are:

AGQ (Pro Shares Ultra Silver)

INTC (Intel Corp.)

KMP (Kinder Morgan Energy Partners)

RDS.A (Royal Dutch Shell)

MCD (McDonald's)

ECA (Encana Corp.)

BVSN (Broadvision Inc.)

AGQ is my main money maker and my largest position. INTC, KMP, RDS.A, and MCD are the dividend section of my portfolio. I don't really care too much about price fluctuations in these companies because I am in it for the dividends only with them. A healthy yield is nice but not necessarily necessary. ECA and BVSN are the IQD's of my portfolio: they are my speculative plays. ECA is my speculative natural gas play (and it pays a dividend) and BVSN is my speculative cloud computing/ social media play. BVSN has been on a bit of a rollercoaster in the past few months but I think it is very fairly priced at its current price.

WW.

Thanks for the info, WW

Gold was up nicely on Friday smile.gif hopefully it will hold n climb smile.gif

Have a great week smile.gif

P.S. I might bother you from time to Tim for some tips smile.gif. Hope you don't mind smile.gif

It was my pleasure, Nadita.

Gold was up Friday because the US economic data was so bad (jobs report for May and revised jobs numbers for March and April). Because the numbers were so bad many investors believe the Federal Reserve will be forced to step in with more liquidity (QE3) to keep the markets and economy afloat. This perceived weakening of the US Dollar is why gold (and silver) prices spiked up on Friday. It remains to be seen whether or not they will hold.

The next FOMC (Federal Open Market Committee) meeting starts on June 19th (in two weeks). By the time that meeting is over we should know what the Fed is going to do (QE3 or no QE3, continuation of operation Twist, etc.) and therefore we will know where pm's and the markets are going to go next (up or down). Stay tuned....

As far as tips go I am honored you would think of me for tips. I'm not an investment advisor, but I have no problem sharing ideas.

Hope you have blessed week yourself, Nadita.

WW.

NUS Nu Skin is my favorite stock. Dividends 1.90% .80 & good stock, good company with a heart. They have it all. They are a "Force For Good": Pharmanex, Nu Skin, Seacology, Nourish the Children, medical research....

The price recently dropped along with Herbalife but will go up again & continue. It's a good time to get in & hold for a long time. They are resetting genes naturally internally nutritionally & externally with AgeLoc. Anti aging big time. They have learned how to reset genes with gene markers & have a 15 year product line up already. They bought Lifegen Technologies last year THE company every one went to for genetic testing, so they have the entire data bank of research at their fingertips that no one else has!!!

They are in 51 countries, huge in Asia, just opened S America & will be going into India soon

If you want to become a customer please sign up as a preferred customer for better pricing using my ID# USW9443296 Go to www.nuskinusa.com Thanks ;) Analisa

WW, just wanted to know what your thoughts on the Dong?

I was looking into the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs also. A coincidence that you mentioned it to Nadita. Now I feel a little at ease in following through.

Your right, if history repeats itself then this is something I would be considering. ;)

• Upvote 1

WW, just wanted to know what your thoughts on the Dong?

I was looking into the Canadian Silver Maple Leafs also. A coincidence that you mentioned it to Nadita. Now I feel a little at ease in following through.

Your right, if history repeats itself then this is something I would be considering. wink.gif

Hey Patty! Good to see you on the forums.

Okay, my thoughts on the Dong: Well, I don't know enough about it to really give a good answer. For me, one currency speculation is enough. I've put a fair amount of money into the IQD and that is good enough for me.

I will say this, though, I really like the Chinese Yuan (RMB). It is easy to buy (just go down to your bank and place an order. At my bank, Bank of America, they have it for me 2 days later) and, in my opinion, it has tremendous upside potential. In fact it is my opinion that if you bought some RMB today that 5 to 10 years from now you will be very happy with the return on investment.

But that's just me.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

WW.

Okay, my thoughts on the Dong: Well, I don't know enough about it to really give a good answer. For me, one currency speculation is enough. I've put a fair amount of money into the IQD and that is good enough for me.

I will say this, though, I really like the Chinese Yuan (RMB). It is easy to buy (just go down to your bank and place an order. At my bank, Bank of America, they have it for me 2 days later) and, in my opinion, it has tremendous upside potential. In fact it is my opinion that if you bought some RMB today that 5 to 10 years from now you will be very happy with the return on investment.

But that's just me.

WW.

Wally,

Ten years on yuan ? can you speed it up ? I might dump my euro and buy yuan :)

• Upvote 1

But that's just me.

WW.

I think I'll be spending most of my time on the investing side of the board, along with the music. ;)

Oh no WW you've been more than generous with your help. I'll look into the Chinese Yuan, thanks for the tip.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1