Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliment Supreme Cmttee with CBI to Delete Zeros

Rayzur

Parliament is a supreme committee with the central bank to start deleting the zeros

10/03/2012

Baghdad / term follow-up

Formed the Economic Committee in the House of Representatives with the Central Bank of Iraq to a joint committee to begin the process of deletion of zeros from the local currency. Said MP Abdul-Hussein Abtan told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that the Economic Commission formed a joint committee with the Central Bank of Iraq yesterday (Thursday) to oversee the process of deleting the zeros of the local currency

Which is scheduled to begin in September next. "He added that" the Commission will provide the technical requirements and legal, administrative and paint the nature of the Iraqi market and its relevance to the deletion of the currency during the stage preceding the start delete currency as well as increase public awareness about the details of the process of removing zeros from the currency. "

He pointed out that the central bank, "promised" that he could make a change of currency and delete zeros in order to "reduce inflation" in the country.

And the parliamentary economic committee said it had agreed with the Central Bank of Iraq to begin a process of change in the local currency of next September.

The central bank announced it was considering the requirements of the project need to delete the zeros of the local currency to enact a law governing the implementation of the project Auadmh, indicating he was looking this file with the cabinet because he is a national project to support the Iraqi economy.

The government says the process of removing zeros from the local currency will increase the phenomenon of money laundering and is working to convince the central bank need to stop work on the project.

The Central Bank of Iraq four branches in Basra and Sulaymaniyah, Erbil and Mosul, where established bank independent Iraqi under the law of the Central Bank of Iraq issued on the sixth of March / March 2004, which is responsible for maintaining price stability and the implementation of monetary policy, including exchange rate policies and the management of foreign reserves and the issuance of and currency management, as well as the organization of the banking sector.

In the meantime, Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of the appearance of Mohammed Saleh the need to develop plans to solve the housing crisis in Iraq, as it gives an indication of serious inflation in the coming period.

Saleh said (of the Agency news): The occurrence of inflation in the country comes through the high real estate prices to very high levels, leading to increased prices of food and industrial goods in the domestic market, and this is what makes inflation index rises gradually.

He added the federal government to set priorities in solving the housing crisis as it gives an indication of a serious high rates of inflation during the coming period and may lead to economic problems in spite of control by the central bank.

He pointed out that inflation is happening now in the domestic market does not raise concerns and called "inflation in transition," he comes from the outside when you import the materials and goods to the Iraqi market, warning of rising inflation from the current level. And the benefit of the central bank will take the necessary measures to preserve the value of the dinar Iraq in the event of high inflation index to its highest level of control on the prices of materials in the local markets.

http://www.almadapaper.net/

• Upvote 8

The tariff / customs law goes into effect June 30th. It had been said that the RV needed to take place about 2 months prior in order to make adjustments to food and other imports so that Iraqis have options and do not have to purchase imports.

This probably doesn't make much sense, but it may help when thinking about an RV in September.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

An RD is NOT gonna reduce inflation, an RV could.....I don't think they can wait til Sept and I also think they are throwing the 'delete the zeros' articles out there to preprare their people for monetary change....this is gonna be a straight up RV and this is the only way they can start prepraring without giving it away....this is all JMO but I'm sticking to it!

An RD is NOT gonna reduce inflation, an RV could.....I don't think they can wait til Sept and I also think they are throwing the 'delete the zeros' articles out there to preprare their people for monetary change....this is gonna be a straight up RV and this is the only way they can start prepraring without giving it away....this is all JMO but I'm sticking to it!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

IMO, the process of turning in our dinars will be finished by September. The new rate must be in the budget, so when is this going to be implimented? I do not believe they will wait till September when they have seven days to impliment it. And yet again, the summit is a big deal to them, they would look foolish if they didn't have everything together. JMO. We will be sittin pretty soon!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The government says the process of removing zeros from the local currency will increase the phenomenon of money laundering and is working to convince the central bank need to stop work on the project.

The government says the process of removing zeros from the local currency

process of removing zeros from the local currency

removing zeros from the local currency

..............................................removing zeros............."IMO from circulation".........................................

no more zeros starts in September..Phase III..bring in the 000 notes........this is how Dr Shabibi has always talked about the three zero notes.......remove the zeros......

working to convince the central bank need to stop work on the project.

IMO...their not stopping working on the project......Phase II starts as soon as Shabibi changes the rate and that is when the GOI starts spending the budget money........Shabibi will give them big boy money to spend on housing, defense, etc, etc...NOW NOT iN SEPTEMER..

JustNTime.....Look I used colors, you do it so much better then me....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Stryker365
  • Upvote 12

Stryker365, Stryker365, Stryker365 :twothumbs:

Yes yes a million times yes. I love the synopsis. I totally agree. Plus 1 to ya. If i could give more I would. You are so right. We are there. They start spending money from the budget, and wa hoo. I bet they have to spend some for security for the summit and they are doing it quietly. But, I did read that all preparations for the summit will be done by mid month.

• Upvote 2

Yes yes a million times yes. I love the synopsis. I totally agree. Plus 1 to ya. If i could give more I would. You are so right. We are there. They start spending money from the budget, and wa hoo. I bet they have to spend some for security for the summit and they are doing it quietly. But, I did read that all preparations for the summit will be done by mid month.

I'm sorry but was the budget ever approved???? :lol::lol:

Yes but waiting on it to show up in the Gazette, yota can direct you to the article...I'm heading to the shooting range mrref...

You know right when I start to like you ...:lol: :lol: ..you change my mind for me....thanks for changing your post yesterday...

...BTW that's sarcasm....:lol: :lol:

Was the budget approved? Probably - but not posted. They don't want our googley-eyes to see it :eek:

googley-eyes...that cracks me up.....you got one for cracks me up?

BTW + for you redsand, are you getting hungry for some BBQ?

..............................................removing zeros............."IMO from circulation".........................................

no more zeros starts in September..Phase III..bring in the 000 notes........this is how Dr Shabibi has always talked about the three zero notes.......remove the zeros......

IMO...their not stopping working on the project......Phase II starts as soon as Shabibi changes the rate and that is when the GOI starts spending the budget money........Shabibi will give them big boy money to spend on housing, defense, etc, etc...NOW NOT iN SEPTEMER..

JustNTime.....Look I used colors, you do it so much better then me....:lol: :lol: :lol:

laugh.gif

You killing me with that hot pink though...laugh.gif

But, I like your analogy...and I believe we are ready for Phase II to begin...NOW! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

6 months before Sept, when Phase III is suppose to start.

Others can wait on Sept if they want. I got my bank shoes on ready for this coming week!

I believe it may be one of our last, best chances to get our RV this month.

Just 2 weeks in front of Summit.

• Upvote 1

Hey Stryker,

As an artist, I applaud your choice of color!

As an RV guy, it make things easier for me to decipher stories

that are difficult for me to break down.

If I knew how to give you a + I would!

BTW, BLUE and ORANGE is the hot combination these days,

but creativity is optimum!!!

GO RV.

laugh.gif

You killing me with that hot pink though...laugh.gif

But, I like your analogy...and I believe we are ready for Phase II to begin...NOW! th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

6 months before Sept, when Phase III is suppose to start.

Others can wait on Sept if they want. I got my bank shoes on ready for this coming week!

I believe it may be one of our last, best chances to get our RV this month.

Just 2 weeks in front of Summit.

Hot pink..."I Chose Hot Pink".....I thought it looked brite...I'm color blind for goodness sakes and should never go to the color chart...I can't stop laughing..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..L wasn't awake when I typed it...I chose hot pink....:lol: :lol: :lol: ..now that's funny. No more color chart for me......:angry:

• Upvote 1

Stryker...? for you. ...But first a quick thanks I always enjoy your break downs. With that said do you remember an article the first of the year that said each phase would take about 6 months? If thats the case and they are starting phase III in Sept. then we gotta be real close...thanks for all you do and cheers to ya!!!

I second your yes yes another million times! All prep finished by mid month you say? Interesting...Mid month is when Maliki goes to Kuwait for a quick visit and Talibani returns from the US. Sounds like good timing to me for the perfect RV! and a plus 1 to ya for a great post :twothumbs:

Hot pink..."I Chose Hot Pink".....I thought it looked brite...I'm color blind for goodness sakes and should never go to the color chart...I can't stop laughing..:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..L wasn't awake when I typed it...I chose hot pink....:lol: :lol: :lol: ..now that's funny. No more color chart for me......:angry:

I love the hot pink, so don't you dare stop! And he's right, it does make it easier to see the interesting parts. And, BTW, thanks for always keeping the positive spin on things. It helps me to stay positive too. Plus + to you for that... :tiphat:

Last week the GOI moved forward on several large projects,and I think they released the Request For Proposals due to the time it takes on large jobs, months and months. In effect, they started spending when they moved on these projects.

Also, when the Budget was put in effect, it was retroactive to Jan 1, 2012, so two months of monies have been spent. And, as uncirculd said, they need to have millions to spend on the Summit (how many millions just for the armored cars?). They are spending baby, spending big.

I have to go. I need to get the Camel to the car wash to get ready for the party? Sarong or hula skirt for a one hump camel? B)

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 1

Presidency of the Republic to ratify the 2012 budget

03.08.2012 | (Voice of Iraq) - add comment -

Baghdad (news) Riaúsh Republic ratified the financial budget of the state in 2012. A source in the presidency (of the Agency news) said on Thursday that the president approved the budget of 2012 that passed the House of Representatives late last February.

Read more: Third: To ratify and issue the laws enacted by the Council of Representatives. Such

laws are considered ratified after fifteen days from the date of receipt by the

President.

Read more:

• Upvote 1