Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Official Chat 3/7/12

kcw

Adam - Not following logic here on Warka. If they were about to screw foreigners, how would that happen if they RV'd? Wouldn't that have to happen on an LOP? Exactly what did they determine Warka was going to do?

• Upvote 1

I agree WallyWeaver and while you are at it you can also lose the all caps! All caps makes it seem like you are yelling at someone!! We don't do that here!!

You should have put that response in all caps. Would have been funny. IMO!!! :P

• Upvote 7

benefits with bank of baghdad are much better, customer service being on top of my list, a working ATM card, dual IQD,USD accounts....what else do you want to know? BTW, even if i was stateside i would be able to open account with them, so the answer to your question is yes to both.

Customer service would be a big priority for anyone stateside considering how they would likely be investing a larger amount of money. I have heard people complain that Warka is slow on responses and they're quite fearful of what the outcome for Warka may be. It seems that many that have Warka accounts more than likely created them a couple years ago as their customer service appears to be on the downslide in recent months. If the CBI is taking over, I am curious to see if that changes while they fix the cracks of that bank.

Is there a person to contact regarding opening an account with them? You seem comfortable with them, and I am sure other members are likely very curious.

• Upvote 3

Interesting chat, especially about WARKA and why I believe the information Adam has received is true. Do you all remember the issue they had with banks or foreign currency companies that were over charging the 10 dinar? Today in an article if CBI caught one of these banks or companies overcharging they would be closed, makes me wonder if WARKA was one of them.

• Upvote 1

[kcw] magawatt Intense Googling can't find any information about the jumbo TV screens put up to educate the populace about the RV. Do know if they have been installed? Could their absence delay an RV?*

Those screens were put up years ago to protect the people of things happening in War , and to educate the people on changes being made !! Had nothing to do with RV , but I'm sure they will use them when it does happen ;):lol:B)

• Upvote 3

I'm wondering why we can have active members on the site currently living in Iraq but none of them can verify they have seen the giant tv screens? Are they in remote locations that our members aren't able to visit?

Just curious.

Thanks for the chat, Adam & kcw!

KK

• Upvote 1

[Adam Montana] there is literally NOTHING "RV Worthy" to talk about this week. The only thing we have to look forward to at this time is the Arab Summit, and in my opinion the Summit isn't "that" exciting for the RV.

Maybe next week ;)

Thanks for the post.

• Upvote 1

if i had the time to start my own site i would...i don't respect for garbage, so when i see and read things like what was stated earlier then i will state my opinion, its called freedom of speech, fought for it for over 20 years, anything else you care to say??

Look, maybe I came off a bit harsh, especially towards someone new to this site who may not understand the unwritten rules here. For that I apologize.

I certainly respect those who have served and it is never my intent to give a new member a bad experience here.

But, I also respect Adam and him taking the time and putting forth the effort to start and maintain the best dinar site that I have seen. It set me off that with your fifth post on a site you just joined this morning (US time zone) you took it upon yourself to correct, in a very rude way (in my opinion), the owner of this site. As someone who places a lot of value in what Adam says I took offense. Maybe that was not your intent but that's how I took it.

With that said, again, I apologize and welcome to DV.

****I changed your font color to black as red is reserved for MOD use only**** :)

Edited by Bumper64
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

if i had the time to start my own site i would...i don't respect for garbage, so when i see and read things like what was stated earlier then i will state my opinion, its called freedom of speech, fought for it for over 20 years, anything else you care to say??

no disrespect but you are not the only person on here that that has military background and there are damn few of us that have fought for 20 continuous years..there are vets of all kinds from all sevices that have seen "rough" and hazardous duty....respect is a nice thing around here and it is a simple proceedure to disagree respectfully...sometimes new posters have agendas not consistent with the purpose AM started this site..if you have time to be critical of posts here then you do indeed have time to start your own site...with all due respect...have a great day!!!

• Upvote 16

Didn't your mama teach you any manners at all??? You're visiting in someone elses house here, so play nice!

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Wow dude you seem to have a foreal ATTITUDE!! Nothing wrong with stating your opinion, but theres a way to talk to someone, dont you think?

• Upvote 8

[Adam Montana] now, this is where it gets interesting... we have to understand that Iraq needs the support of the US in order to make this RV a success. What I am hearing is that with things being so close to finally happening, Warka was starting to make plans to screw foreign investors. When the US players who hold MILLIONS of USD (in IQD balance) in Warka heard about this, they put a stop to it - and that's why we're hearing about the Central Bank stepping in.

ADAM, YOU ARE RIGHT ON TRACK!!!

I don't know were some of the members been, maybe they are new or something but back in 2010 the FEDEX stopped delivering hard cash. There were many threatening post and letters explaining that sending cash to Iraq was very illegal and that FEDEX would simply confiscate any hard cash found and that the sender would lose their money.

Obama hired approx. 15000 IRS agents and started scouring all the financial institutions around the world looking for people with foreign bank accounts. I believe Switzerland was the only country that wouldn't give in. They were threatened with embargoes of never being allowed to do business with this country.

Again, this started taking place back in 2009-2010, this news isn't new. Many forum sites have had major bashings and arguments concerning if Cash was king or Warka investments the way to go.

Our administration put a strangle hold on people who maintains a foreign account in order to tax them. All of this is in addition to warka bank being caught up in scandal after scandal with two other banks.

The news media reported Warka bank was looking to merge with a bank in the UK, but still nothing to this day has ever happened.

PEOPLE ALL OF THIS NEWS WAS PUBLIC!!!

Edited by TAV
  • Upvote 1

[Adam Montana] I am still on the "Now to September Train" for our timeline.

Its MY Money And I Need It Now ! :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

Thx For Another Great Weekly Campfire Chat Adam ! And Thx For The Post KCW ! ;)

B)B)

• Upvote 4

THANKS ADAM...NICE CHAT! NICE AND PLUMP...JUST LIKE WE LIKE 'EM!

K-Notes! Where have you been hiding...and WHY? Dial back the attitude, and START YOUR OWN THREAD to discuss this new bank of which you speak. You seem to have information everybody wants, don't be shy. Hold forth! We have questions. Why don't you sail into this bank lobby and ask the manager if he'd be interested in business from a bunch of obsessed Americans with money to burn?

Seriously...start another thread. This one belongs to Adam.

• Upvote 4

We respect you for your service..........how about softening your tone some for us..............most vets we know don't wear their tenure on their sleeves as you are doing. Thank you!

• Upvote 6

Iraq places Warka Bank under guardianship

Baghdad: 2 hours and 51 minutes ago

Iraq's central bank placed private bank Warka Bank under guardianship to supervise it through insolvency, a senior official in the central bank said on Sunday.

Warka Bank had been in talks with Standard Chartered to sell a stake last year, but the talks reached a dead end, said Mudher Kasim, deputy governor of the central Bank of Iraq.

'We gave Warka a chance to have Standard Chartered to be a partner but that did not happen, so there was nothing we could do as a financial authority ... but to intervene as a guardian,' Kasim said.

He said the central bank would appoint a new administration to run Warka Bank, which would be given a month to appoint an auditor to determine how to restructure it and whether it needs to sell assets to raise capital.

'When the bank loses its capital, fails in its financial operation and faces an unsolved problem, the central bank according to its law, intervenes as a guardian and appoints a new temporary administration to run this bank.'

Abdul-Aziz Hassoun, executive director of the Iraqi Private Banks League, said in August Warka needed less than 100 billion Iraqi dinars ($90 million) to enhance its liquidity. Warka Bank executives could not be reached for comment.

Iraq has seven state-owned banks, 23 private banks and eight Islamic private banks, according to the central bank website.

Its banking sector is dominated by two state-owned banks, Rafidain and Rashid, which are undergoing restructuring to eliminate debt racked up after years of war and sanctions.

Much of Iraq's private banking activity is limited to deposit services and a small amount of personal lending. Warka Bank for Investment and Finance, which was established in 1999, has 130 branches and 350 ATM machines around Iraq. - Reuters

• Upvote 1

Thanks Adam for the chat and Kcw for posting. Tav, thanks for the input. Dinar Thug, thanks for the laugh! A lot of people have the theory that it will RV out of nowhere, so maybe it's good that we're not on high alert this week! Every time the darn phone alerts I have a text I run to it reminding myself to breathe and hoping it's Adam... Maybe this week I will take my sweet time and walk to that phone and see how that plays out. Have a great week everyone! Go RV!

• Upvote 3

THE ONLY THING I AS A VET. MYSELF HAS TO SAY IS I HOPE THAT YOU MR. K-NOTES ARE NOT AN EXAMPLE OF OUR ARMED FORCES YOUR STINKING ATTITUDE TOWARD SOMEONE THATS TRYING TO PASS ON INFO.TO YOU THAT'S NOT FULL OF CRAP LIKE MOST SITE 'S IS TOTALLY OUT OF LINE.

• Upvote 3

benefits with bank of baghdad are much better, customer service being on top of my list, a working ATM card, dual IQD,USD accounts....what else do you want to know? BTW, even if i was stateside i would be able to open account with them, so the answer to your question is yes to both.

so I can open an IQD account and USD account and an ISX account from my home office here in TN online without having to go to Iraq?

• Upvote 1