Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Talabani is leaving for medical treatment in the United States

Iraq ready to host Arab summit: president

06 March, 2012

Anyone know What treatment Talabani is geting here?

BAGHDAD: Iraq has completed its preparations for an Arab summit that is to be held in Baghdad at the end of March, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani said in a statement on Monday.

"The president of the republic, Jalal Talabani assured today that special preparations for the Arab summit are completed, and Baghdad is now ready to receive the Arab leaders," the statement on the Iraqi presidency's website said.

The statement said that Talabani was leaving for medical treatment in the United States, but "will be back soon to receive leaders coming to participate in the Arab summit" which is due to be held on March 29.

It did not specify the nature of the treatment.

The statement came on the same day that suspected Al-Qaeda militants went on a shooting spree in the town of Haditha in western Iraq, killing 27 policemen.

Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said last month that Iraq is capable of securing the areas where the summit will be held. "We gave commitments that we are capable and able to protect the areas and the spaces where the activities of the summit will be held," Zebari said in a television interview.

End.

http://paktribune.com/news/Iraq-ready-to-host-Arab-summit-president-248074.html

• Upvote 2

Good insight uncirculd, Talabani does not mention being back for the National Meeting. That tells me, there probably is not going to be one before the Summit.

I disagree. He wouldnt have left this time without everything taken care of. To me this is great news!

I disagree. He wouldnt have left this time without everything taken care of. To me this is great news!

Yeah, they will have it alright, but they will fight about it. Have it, not have it. Until one day we wake up and they had it. We missed it. lol

.................and maybe there will not be a National Meeting at all.

If all compromises have been worked out via signatures on paper, there really does not need to be one. Part of my understanding is the Preparatory Committee or I should say gleaned from an article yesterday, they have the papers of issues from the 3 blocks. They I believe have to go over the legalities of these issues and the compromises to be made. So that when papers are signed there is no back tracking from either block. I think the committee has a big and tedious task, more than is stated in the articles.

I also think by not having the meeting before the summit but all issues and compromises signed, sealed and delivered they remove a chance of another drama before the Arab Summit. Talabani stating he will be back for the Summit tells me the National Meeting is probably not going to happen before then.

If all compromises have been worked out via signatures on paper, there really does not need to be one. Part of my understanding is the Preparatory Committee or I should say gleaned from an article yesterday, they have the papers of issues from the 3 blocks. They I believe have to go over the legalities of these issues and the compromises to be made. So that when papers are signed there is no back tracking from either block. I think the committee has a big and tedious task, more than is stated in the articles.

I also think by not having the meeting before the summit but all issues and compromises signed, sealed and delivered they remove a chance of another drama before the Arab Summit. Talabani stating he will be back for the Summit tells me the National Meeting is probably not going to happen before then.

This would also alleviate a huge camel fest with MPs at the National Meeting. Nothing would be accomplished except for posturing. Not having a NM is the best thing that could happen regarding this situation. Let the leaders make the decisions, and Talabani leaving for surgery.....I would think that everything is "signed, sealed and delivered" but they will not say that.

Is this the best process for democracy? Not so much. But I am not sure the GOI is completely ready for democracy. When they see the results of compromise between leaders on the NM issues, maybe they will see the benefits. I actually see compromise in the news, and a movement towards compromise, and some seem to be enjoying the results. I think the sun is rising.

• Upvote 1

I found this, but don't know how reliable it is. But check his return date; March12. Sounds like he's determined to be at the summit

Link: www.pukmedia.com/english/index.php?option=com_content&view=...

President Talabani will return from U.S. before Arab Summit

President Talabani will return from U.S. before Arab Summit

PUKmedia 07-03-2012 13:36:05

A close source to the Iraqi President Jalal Talabani, denied news published by some local media about the existence of pressure on the President to give up the presidency of the Iraqi delegation to upcoming Arab summit scheduled to be held at the end of this month in Baghdad.

The source in a press statement said that President Talabani will travel to the United States to carry out some medical tests in Mayo Click to be assured of his health after recent surgery he underwent in Germany , but he clarified that the President will return to Iraq in March 12 , in order to chair Iraq delegation to Baghdad Summit.

Edited by Sweetybird

This would also alleviate a huge camel fest with MPs at the National Meeting. Nothing would be accomplished except for posturing. Not having a NM is the best thing that could happen regarding this situation. Let the leaders make the decisions, and Talabani leaving for surgery.....I would think that everything is "signed, sealed and delivered" but they will not say that.

Is this the best process for democracy? Not so much. But I am not sure the GOI is completely ready for democracy. When they see the results of compromise between leaders on the NM issues, maybe they will see the benefits. I actually see compromise in the news, and a movement towards compromise, and some seem to be enjoying the results. I think the sun is rising.

I agree. +1 for you. Bada Bing ;)

Good insight uncirculd, Talabani does not mention being back for the National Meeting. That tells me, there probably is not going to be one before the Summit.

Wanna bet?

Date of the national meeting pending the return from a trip Talabani treatment

and...

the President «

return to Iraq on March 12

• Upvote 1

Hi Guys - Newbie here. (not new to Dinars, just this site. Been invested over a year.)

Just wanted to add that this info may be a little old, I think, by maybe a week? Wasn't it last week that the policemen were killed by Al Qaeda militants? This excerpt from the above article tells me we're getting this article a little later...

"The statement came on the same day that suspected Al-Qaeda militants went on a shooting spree in the town of Haditha in western Iraq, killing 27 policemen."

Also, I have a sneaky suspicion they may have done most of the "National Mtg" type work already, with all the documents that had to be turned in, meetings between bloc leaders, etc. Let's hope it's a done deal and we can slide smoothly into the Arab Summit!

Thanks for all the good info provided!

• Upvote 2

Hi Diddle, welcome to DV.

It seems I read about the 27 policemen a few days ago, and that just shows the difference of timelines in the news. I like the points you brought up. I, too, believe that all necessary agreements were made prior to Mr. Talabani's departure to the US. I also think the date for the National Meeting has not been made due to Mr. Talabani's illness, or condition.

Cant tell you the what.... but I can guess at the why..... :D

Ministry of Health recognize: our doctors forget their tools in the bowels of surgical patients

Special

اApproved the Ministry of Health to happen many medical errors during operations due to negligence of doctors and to forget one of the tools surgical in the bowels of patients, at the time revealed a medical source in the health of Dhi Qar, for the death of a woman in the thirties a result of suspicion of the doctor to cut off one of the arteries of the ureter during surgery. Said Inspector General of the Ministry Health Adel Mohsen, "There are many medical errors occur during surgical procedures in the civil hospitals and government

Read more:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Was wondering why or would we hear something about Talabani being in Minn. for treatment if he is? Any sightings, newspapers, anything like that? Former post says that "he will be returning from Washington before the summit". The Mayo clinic in Minn. and Washington are a little bit aways apart. Also stated that he will be having other meetings while he is here for treatment... Is he traveling to Washington for those meetings after his check up? Just looking for some clarifications. Figured if the Iraq President was here in the states surely someone would be reporting about it as they have done in the past when he visits the clinic. Just looking for some confirmation. Thanks