Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Would it be different if race was reversed?

stonewall67

You can bet your sweet ass it would be different if the colors were reversed.

Rushing to judgement??? are you kidding me????

A child was lit on FIRE people. You all want to sit around and lite a joint and think about it??

There in lies the issue for me. We need a more immediate plan of severe punishment, and one appeal period.

There is no damn reason that once convicted of such horrible autrocities (sp) that someone should breath past their breakfast the next morning.

Guess, I'm a little like Ted Nugent on these things.

Rushing to judgement before all facts are available is wrong IMO. But the difference in preference the media & politicians attach themselves to stories/cases such as these is beyond belief. Best to all

Rushing to a judgement before all facts are in is wrong IMO.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Rushing to a judgement before all facts are in is wrong IMO.

Your missing my point..... I'm not jumping to any conclusion, I am merely pointing out that had the race been the opposite, this would be national news for weeks..... IMO.... even if the story is found to be different than first reported, there would still be an uproar from the entire black community and Al, Jesse and Louis would be on every network broadcast spewing their hate and the MSM would give them the platform hourly to do so.....

Your missing my point..... I'm not jumping to any conclusion, I am merely pointing out that had the race been the opposite, this would be national news for weeks..... IMO.... even if the story is found to be different than first reported, there would still be an uproar from the entire black community and Al, Jesse and Louis would be on every network broadcast spewing their hate and the MSM would give them the platform hourly to do so.....

Stoney I hear you but you've missed my point. None of those things were immediately front page news across the nation. This occurred Feb 28th.

Color matters Stoney, have you noticed my remarks get negatives even when I say the same thing as a supposedly white person? Or if I say let's see an arrest and an investigation.

What's so intimidating about me? Is it the suit?

Stoney I hear you but you've missed my point. None of those things were immediately front page news across the nation. This occurred Feb 28th.

Color matters Stoney, have you noticed my remarks get negatives even when I say the same thing as a supposedly white person? Or if I say let's see an arrest and an investigation.

You are right, color does matter.

IF this were white on black crime THEN IT WOULD have been front page news, and the cops would have been able to call it a "hate crime" immediately.

There would have been no waiting.

• Upvote 2

It's the suit! LOL

You are right, color does matter.

IF this were white on black crime THEN IT WOULD have been front page news, and the cops would have been able to call it a "hate crime" immediately.

There would have been no waiting.

If you're so sure that's the way it works, what do you do about it?

It's the suit! LOL

LOL - maybe Caz!

• Upvote 1

Come on. Is your logic so off that you have to resort to implying that anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or racist? Maybe you were negged because people disagree with your statement(s). Don't cry racism where there is none.

• Upvote 1

Come on. Is your logic so off that you have to resort to implying that anyone who disagrees with you is a bigot or racist? Maybe you were negged because people disagree with your statement(s). Don't cry racism where there is none.

Is my logic so off that it's illogical to ask for an investigation first?

Will an investigation clear them of setting the kid on fire?

Or give them an excuse as to "why" they set him on fire?? So thier sentence will be less??

All an investigation may do is clear them of the hate crime issue, if the rolls were reversed there would be no chance in hell to get out of the hate crime issue.

That my friend ......Hickey Freeman or not , is racisim.

• Upvote 1

This is a beyond tragic story and hopefully justice will be served cold but I here you Mojack, there seems to be a misconception amongst some that every black on white crime is "race related". This is obviously not the case as you and I know. What's making these people scream racism in this case is a sociological misconception of the word "white boy" . In our society, many blacks and whites both ignorant and non ignorant don't view the term "white boy" as a racial slur, and if you do feel that it is a "slur" than you would at least have to agree that it's definitely the least disparaging of them. I would put the term "white boy" on par with the term "black guy" in the context of which they are majorly used. Example of common use would be......

- "man did you see that white boy play? He can really play"

- "did you see the new accounting exec?", "who Todd"? "No, that one black guy."

So having said that, I am not saying that this wasn't race related by any means but like Mojack, I feel imho that until an investigation is conducted and further evidence is revealed it's a little too early to deem this a hate crime based off the term "white boy" which is universally seen in many societies not be a racial slur.

Good day to all

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This is a beyond tragic story and hopefully justice will be served cold but I here you Mojack, there seems to be a misconception amongst some that every black on white crime is "race related". This is obviously not the case as you and I know. What's making these people scream racism in this case is a sociological misconception of the word "white boy" . In our society, many blacks and whites both ignorant and non ignorant don't view the term "white boy" as a racial slur, and if you do feel that it is a "slur" than you would at least have to agree that it's definitely the least disparaging of them. I would put the term "white boy" on par with the term "black guy" in the context of which they are majorly used. Example of common use would be......

- "man did you see that white boy play? He can really play"

- "did you see the new accounting exec?", "who Todd"? "No, that one black guy."

So having said that, I am not saying that this wasn't race related by any means but like Mojack, I feel imho that until an investigation is conducted and further evidence is revealed it's a little too early to deem this a hate crime based off the term "white boy" which is universally seen in many societies not be a racial slur.

Good day to all

I'm thinking it had more to do with the fact that they set the kid on FIRE after using the term "white boy".

Edited by nettie
  • Upvote 4

...if it was reversed, same hate crime, two white kids against one black kid, and the kids said " you got what you deserve black boy " , man oh man, it would be ALL over the lamestream media..IT would have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all over it !!!!!!!!!

They came down here to Durham NC when the Duke Lacrosse Case was hitting the news, saying they stood behind the accuser and would help with legal fees, because there is no way she could be lying........these privileged white kids at Duke U. need to be held accountable and not hidden from the charges with their parents money.

Racism is nasty, damn shame we still deal with it, 'content of character' I say

LF

Al Sharpton & Jesse Jackson are a disgrace to the race, and the most prejudice men in the African American race. They are no leaders. They need to let a real leader step up. Both are crooked and full of bologna.

It does not matter the color of a person, and evil act like that burning is a hate crime. It's just evil. You don't have to be black, white, brown, yellow, or blue. It's just hateful.

I do know there is a double standard of what your talking about, but when you hear the "N" word come from any person black, white, brown, yellow, or blue, you should shut them up and tell them the word is unacceptable. Period!

I realize white folks also call white folks the "N" word. Does not matter. If we are going to say it is a racial slur then it is accepted as just that a bad word. NO ONE uses it. It is in my mind that it labels folks as less than human and to hear it called to anyone is offending. Just like worse than curse words. Damning a person to shut up and die. That's how bad the word is. It just should not be used. Period.

• Upvote 3

plausible, but still not indicative of racial motivation considering the sociological meaning of the "term"

I'm thinking they said it was a "hate crime". All that was said about the racial implication is if it were reversed would the media have given the story more publicity. Yes i believe it was a "hate crime", and yes i believe more attention would have been brought to the subject if the roles of victim and perps were reversed. Before you accuse me of being racist or anything else, please know i have 3 bi-racial children of my own. I am not a racist.

Flacid attempt at trying to manipulate the original intent....... just admit that if it was w on b...... this would have been in print, on the radio, on tv and on the web everywhere.... reverse discrimination is just as real and just as wrong as discrimination in what has become the classical sense. COME ON MOJACK...STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE PICTURE AND ADMIT THE FACTS...

• Upvote 3

...if it was reversed, same hate crime, two white kids against one black kid, and the kids said " you got what you deserve black boy " , man oh man, it would be ALL over the lamestream media..IT would have Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton all over it !!!!!!!!!

They came down here to Durham NC when the Duke Lacrosse Case was hitting the news, saying they stood behind the accuser and would help with legal fees, because there is no way she could be lying........these privileged white kids at Duke U. need to be held accountable and not hidden from the charges with their parents money.

Racism is nasty, damn shame we still deal with it, 'content of character' I say

LF

Very true about Jessy Jackson and Al Sharpton, sometimes I think they just like to see themselves on TV!!!

• Upvote 3

Flacid attempt at trying to manipulate the original intent....... just admit that if it was w on b...... this would have been in print, on the radio, on tv and on the web everywhere.... reverse discrimination is just as real and just as wrong as discrimination in what has become the classical sense. COME ON MOJACK...STOP TRYING TO CHANGE THE PICTURE AND ADMIT THE FACTS...

Sadly this is true. But I think the media & politicians are the ones that fuel this fire.

Edited by caz1104
  • Upvote 1

I'm thinking they said it was a "hate crime". All that was said about the racial implication is if it were reversed would the media have given the story more publicity. Yes i believe it was a "hate crime", and yes i believe more attention would have been brought to the subject if the roles of victim and perps were reversed. Before you accuse me of being racist or anything else, please know i have 3 bi-racial children of my own. I am not a racist.

I'm bi-racial myself and view things from all sides of the spectrum, and I wouldn't label you anything. True they said it was a "hate crime" but there only justification of that thus far is the term "white boy" being used which in our society is not deemed a racial slur by the majority and until now to my knowledge has never been associated with a black on white crime. Would the reaction be different if the roles were reversed? possibly because "boy", as everyone knows contains a much different meaning to a black man, so semantically speaking, "black BOY" is looked at as racist, while "white boy" is not. It's a semantic cultural difference in our society much like the N word with an A and with an R. Plus I believe there is extra pressure to make examples of and bring to light white on black crimes due to an unfortunate backlash of a historical and continuing pattern of social injustice that non whites still face today. non whites are far more likely to get harsher sentences for identical offenses and are less likely (even with AF) to get employment opportunities and housing opportunities. People seem to get more defensive about white on non white crime. Because it has been such a steeple in our society throughout the generations and minorities are much more sensitive to it. IMHO

Parallel conversation going on over at the Blaze

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack/

Reverse racism is....racism. You aren't the only ones sick and tired of the double standard.

There is no such thing as "reverse racism" just racism. MHO

• Upvote 1