Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saturday Bytes: Breitling - It's Going To Be $1.17 -- Med: $1.17 To 1

DinarThug

CNN. Broadcasting While My Camel Is Getting Towed From A Handicapped Parking Spot In Downtown Baghdad ! Shhhh, Don't Tell Cooked Or He'll Tell A Camel Tow Joke !

3-2-2012 Guru Med I SEE THEY WANT ASSISTANCE IN PRINTING A CURRENCY THAT IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE ONE NOW OUT...IN ONE OF THE BEST ARTICLES IT CLEARLY STATES THAT THE RATE WILL GO FROM 1170 TO 1, TO 1.17 TO 1.

3-2-2012 Guru Doc Iraq continues to progress toward the end goal. We have seen the budget become a reality. We are seeing in several public statements Kuwait supporting the removal of chapter 7...it has been reported Maliki will go to Kuwait to "seal" the deal very shortly...the factions concerning HCl are playing nice again. One news release suggested a vote could come as early as next week. Even the CBI/currency laws are all over the news. Several articles discussed the need for laws to be enacted to re-index the financial systems post currency reform. The article was very clear that Parliament still needed to approve the new currency. all the key issues we believe that need to be addressed for the RV are now highly visible in the public domain. This typically means the under the table deals are on going. Remember Parliament returns to session March 6. Over the next few weeks watch whats being voted on in Parliament. We maintain the RV will not be triggered until these things are voted in place.

3-2-2012 Guru Doc We continue to caution all not to get caught up in the hype of a single event...The simple reason is the RV in not about you or I or a single event. It is about Iraq becoming part of the world community again. We have seen several reports where world leaders have told Iraq the things they need to do to be part of the world community ie release from ch 7, entry into WTO, etc. The good news is Maliki and company appear to finally get it. Just keep in mind this is about Iraq getting its ENTIRE house in order and not a single event. We continue to warn all there will be those that continue to "call" the RV with every single event and its nothing but continued hype as its been in the past. We report, you decide.

3-2-2012 Guru asdf I was hoping today [Thursday] that we could see some changes economically in Iraq...we did not. This is a live & fluid situation... things are progressing, moving along. When will they initiate the new plan of dropping the zeroes & dropping the artificial program rate...we just do not know, hopefully soon. Was the budget implemented today...we don't know... conflicting information everywhere. Things are moving along.

3-1-2012 Guru Breitling Iraqi's are still using dinar, you can't pull all of it off, it would cause harm. They have to maintain some type of liquidity within the country until they pass the law. Shabibi and Saleh keep talking about getting rid of the 3 [0 notes?] notes. The whole process is to raise the value of the currency. In Iraq, it is going to be an even swap, it's going to be $1.17 for the old currency & they will have a certain amount of time to get in the new currency & it's going to be $1.17.

• Upvote 15
  • Downvote 1

1.17 would be the max surely.

This is a country with potential wealth but a GDP behind many third world countries.

Natural resources is not the only factor in determining a currency value,its only one of many.

South Africa has potentially many billions of resource in diamonds and gold still but they are not claiming to be the richest nation on earth.

Once Iraq is a thriving economy flush will oil flowing regularly through the latest tech oil extraction and supply infrastrucure then it will hold some decent value.

Potential doesnt mean anything to the market.

Edited by RRSport
  • Upvote 4

CNN. Broadcasting While My Camel Is Getting Towed From A Handicapped Parking Spot In Downtown Baghdad ! Shhhh, Don't Tell Cooked Or He'll Tell A Camel Tow Joke !

No....cooked would never make such a joke... :mellow:

Who am I kidding... :lol:

• Upvote 1

It is NOT $1.17 USD. 1.170 dinars to 1.0 dollars means that the inverse actually is 1.0 dinars becomes 0.8547 dollars (1 / 1.17 = .8547). I strongly recommend ignoring any goob-roo that cannot fathom this simple exchange.

Edited by SSI
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

It is NOT $1.17 USD. 1.170 dinars to 1.0 dollars means that the inverse actually is 1.0 dinars becomes 0.8547 dollars (1 / 1.17 = .8547). I strongly recommend ignoring any goob-roo that cannot fathom this simple exchange.

SSI, I believe your math is "spot-on".

Edited by eastcreek
  • Upvote 2

Hmmm no one knows but we should believe you?

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the post Thug!

I hope Breitling is correct at the exchange rate (even if his math is backwards, lol)

Deesean - For the record, Breitling has never subscribed to the fantasy rates.

Edited by Tirebiter
  • Upvote 1

Here is a link to XE.com

It shows a table for conversions..think of it like Excel for MS.

http://www.xe.com/cu...iqd-iraqi-dinar

USD at top

IQD on the side.

SSI is correct.

currently 0.00086 USD= 1 IQD

remove 3 "0" for .86 cents USD to 1 IQD--- if it ever becomes that

Like i said no one knows so we should believe you? No one know exactly what they refer to when talking about the 000's.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like i said no one knows so we should believe you? No one know exactly what they refer to when talking about the 000's.

I wasn't referring to 000 removal.

I was backing up SSI's statement he made to you-- which, strictly for conversion purposes is correct

So 'scuse me.

Never said anyone had to listen to me-- besides- they usually don't :ph34r:

• Upvote 2

Would somebody please post Adam's most recent opinion on the current status of the dinar? I appreciate it, thanks.

Adam does weekly chats on Wednesdays here. Check the "Chat" thread. Here is the last one. Its the best way if you aren't a VIP member to follow his thoughts.

• Upvote 1