Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

National Conference Will Be Held Before Arab Summit

Rayzur

Signs of a national conference was held before the Arab Summit and the Kurdistan Alliance present a paper of three axes of the Conference and for the Iraqi Deputy does not find the feasibility of his contract because of the political blocs would not abide by its results

According to MP from Kurdistan Alliance bloc Hleyraziz that the leaders of political blocs will meet today to determine the day of the National Congress, noting that the signs are scheduled before the Arab summit, are required to specify a time limit to resolve the outstanding problems

Aziz said Friday that the leaders of political blocs in the Preparatory Committee will meet today to determine the day to hold a national conference before or after the Arab summit, but all indications point to hold the conference before the Arab Summit.

She added that there is political will on both blocs to resolve outstanding issues and reach agreement to resolve the problems, noting that the success of the National Congress depends on intention, sincere political blocs, where should all the political blocs to waive some of its demands, because the greater the roof demands there will be a contract for the conference and can resolve those differences, and continued: the Kurdistan Alliance demands that there be a time limit to resolve all outstanding issues

MP for the promise of a coalition of Kurdish blocs Sheriff Soliman paper submitted to the Kurdish National Congress of the paper balanced and moderate, which can resolve all political differences, indicating that the Kurdistan Alliance and the paper contains three main axes.

Sulaiman said: The Kurdistan Alliance, presented a paper balanced and moderate, common and can work on it for better decisions and solve outstanding differences between the political blocs.

He added that the Kurdistan Alliance and the paper contains three main axes abide by the constitution of all materials and a commitment to Baltuaqat and agreements concluded between the political blocs and full commitment to the principle of consensus and national partnership which is the actual participants of all the political blocs.

The MP from Kurdistan Alliance bloc to: that the paper had been working out and applied in earnest will resolve all political differences, the paper is set up as the fairest and the simplest and most comprehensive in terms of items that are easily applied.

He stressed member of the pool the future National MP for the appearance of the coalition, the Iraqi al-Janabi, that the National Congress is useless, and that its results would not be bound by the political blocs, because they did not comply with the results of previous agreements.

Janabi said: The National Conference will be not feasible because of the political blocs, some do not want to give up the ceilings

Demands, and the contract is useless, stressing that the political blocs will not abide by the results of the conference because they did not adhere to the Convention as approved by the Erbil.

He called on Iraq: political blocs, including the list to not to put Iraq's internal problems during the Arab Summit to be held in the current Chehramar.

http://www.almannarah.com/

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Very good! We have already read about the List threatening to pull out if the National Meeting is not held before the Arab Summit, and now we have the Kurds on board with it. If they contacted the Sadrists, and Darth Sadr feels like pokin' da bear, they actually might force Maliki into getting this thing off the ground. My guess is that if it is held before the Summit, Maliki feels it would offer an opportunity for his enemies to embarrass him when they act like idiots and intentionally disagree (as usual). I would think that way also.

IMO, the National Meeting will cover a lot of topics that we have been waiting for (to show RV progress OR actually trigger an RV), and their best chance of accomplishing those items would happen if the meeting were after the Summit, and the temptation to screw Maliki was not an issue. The budget and Chapter 7 items, I believe, will be in our rear view mirrors by the end of the month, leaving HCL, Article 140, Peshmerga pay, seating of the Ministers and the Supreme Council for the National Meet. The Hashemi and Mutlaq problems may or may not be dealt with by then - in fact, they could conceiveably check any of the issues off of the list at any time, but not all. Again, I presume, that the setting of a date ideally means that the major issues have been settled behind the scenes, reducing any event into a "ceremonial photo-op". This is why Maliki is reluctant to commit to a date, and is hedging behind the security excuse. It's not all worked out yet, but I sense a LOT of pressure though.....

So where in this is the RV hiding? The Budget and Chapter 7 are "gimmies" now, so if one of those is the trigger, then it could happen any minute now. If you believe it's the HCL, maybe later in the month.

Remeber what I've been saying though: We have been focused on what has to happen BEFORE an RV. They are focused on what happens immediately AFTER the RV. Post RV, the banks and government will be under a lot of pressure to communicate the process, so I believe they need a clear calendar of a week or two in order to RV.

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it.

• Upvote 9

Very good! We have already read about the List threatening to pull out if the National Meeting is not held before the Arab Summit, and now we have the Kurds on board with it. If they contacted the Sadrists, and Darth Sadr feels like pokin' da bear, they actually might force Maliki into getting this thing off the ground. My guess is that if it is held before the Summit, Maliki feels it would offer an opportunity for his enemies to embarrass him when they act like idiots and intentionally disagree (as usual). I would think that way also.

IMO, the National Meeting will cover a lot of topics that we have been waiting for (to show RV progress OR actually trigger an RV), and their best chance of accomplishing those items would happen if the meeting were after the Summit, and the temptation to screw Maliki was not an issue. The budget and Chapter 7 items, I believe, will be in our rear view mirrors by the end of the month, leaving HCL, Article 140, Peshmerga pay, seating of the Ministers and the Supreme Council for the National Meet. The Hashemi and Mutlaq problems may or may not be dealt with by then - in fact, they could conceiveably check any of the issues off of the list at any time, but not all. Again, I presume, that the setting of a date ideally means that the major issues have been settled behind the scenes, reducing any event into a "ceremonial photo-op". This is why Maliki is reluctant to commit to a date, and is hedging behind the security excuse. It's not all worked out yet, but I sense a LOT of pressure though.....

So where in this is the RV hiding? The Budget and Chapter 7 are "gimmies" now, so if one of those is the trigger, then it could happen any minute now. If you believe it's the HCL, maybe later in the month.

Remeber what I've been saying though: We have been focused on what has to happen BEFORE an RV. They are focused on what happens immediately AFTER the RV. Post RV, the banks and government will be under a lot of pressure to communicate the process, so I believe they need a clear calendar of a week or two in order to RV.

Thats a good story and you are going to have to wear it! ;)

• Upvote 3

Thanks! Love it when the DinarVet buds put things together in perspecitve with such great analysis ;)

• Upvote 2

Most people here have a "trigger event" in mind, meaning an issue solved that HAS to get done in order for the RV to happen. The only trigger that counts is Shabibbi's, and he has not only a completely different mindset than you or I (more middle eastern, economic genius thing goin' on...) and actual priorities in order to achieve goals that he is responsible for (we just want to get paid, he's really trying to manage the entire region's economies). Big difference.

To think we "know" him, or what he's waiting for is patently absurd. We only have a few pieces of the puzzle, he has them all AND he knows what the puzzle is supposed to look like! Still, it's fun to arrange and rearrange what pieces that we do have, even if their media gives us pieces from an entirely different puzzle. It's what we do to amuse ourselves while we wait. It sometimes seems like when Shabibbi speaks, he's showing us glimpses of the lid to the puzzle box.

• Upvote 6

Most people here have a "trigger event" in mind, meaning an issue solved that HAS to get done in order for the RV to happen. The only trigger that counts is Shabibbi's, and he has not only a completely different mindset than you or I (more middle eastern, economic genius thing goin' on...) and actual priorities in order to achieve goals that he is responsible for (we just want to get paid, he's really trying to manage the entire region's economies). Big difference.

To think we "know" him, or what he's waiting for is patently absurd. We only have a few pieces of the puzzle, he has them all AND he knows what the puzzle is supposed to look like! Still, it's fun to arrange and rearrange what pieces that we do have, even if their media gives us pieces from an entirely different puzzle. It's what we do to amuse ourselves while we wait. It sometimes seems like when Shabibbi speaks, he's showing us glimpses of the lid to the puzzle box.

Well said ! What do you think about his most recent article yesterday in talking about doing something with the monetary value of the currency relative to the counterfiting of the currency?

I'd like to add that while completing the puzzle is a goal of his (and ours), he is getting rewards for the method and steps he takes during the process of completing it. He is maximizing his reward potential by taking his time and waiting for the perfect opportunities to make the right choices that will keep his bank and the interests of the Iraqi economy in a good balance and in a favorable position to profit and sustain growth.

Every time I start to feel worn out and beat down by this investment you turn me around. Not because I like to read any positive fluff that sounds good, but because your logic is sensible and well-founded. You da man! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Remeber what I've been saying though: We have been focused on what has to happen BEFORE an RV. They are focused on what happens immediately AFTER the RV. [

fnbplanet, thank you for your thoughts. One question: what technically must take place before an RV? Other than applicable banking laws that must be passed that allow Dr. Shabibi to go ahead, what truly must happen? There are many issues that makes sense to have alignment with the moon, all of the issues you mentioned, but are they technically necessary?

Dr. Shabibi has stated (I don't recall seeing it, but many have repeated it) that he will not RV until the GOI is complete, and basically, Maliki is not in full control, or a full dictatorship. That is political, not technical.

I ask this question because I have seen so many patterns of priorities that I wonder what is reality and what is liking to hear our own voices, as if we knew what we are talking about (I do not direct this towards you personally, but as a cumulative group of investors, or a loose definition of that word).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The good Doctor can push the button at any minute. As far as anyone knows, there is no law or command from the IMF, UN or Maliki that he waits for. I am quite sure, in his responsible nature, has a trigger or sequence of triggers, that would compel him to rock it out. Any economist worth their salt will tell you that a currency's value is only as stable as the government that backs it.

That being said, I believe that at the very least, he wants to see some surrender. By that I mean he wants to witness examples of the political blocs putting the country's best interest ahead of their political agendas, in one way or another. If Maliki were to give up some power and appoint a List candidate to the Security Ministry and/or agree to cede some power to a Supreme Council, that would check the Alliance off of the list. If the Kurds were to surrender oil contract final approvals to Baghdad, check them off. If the List would agree to drop the Hashemi and Mutlaq cases to the Judiciary and replace them, or publicly condemn al Qaeda and break ties with them, done deal. As much as I want this done in the next few days, I think he's holding off and watching. The inflation clock is ticking though, and the Iranian/Syrian draw on the reserves may show an extra bump in the numbers, and I think he's a bit paranoid about things getting out of hand.

He can RV without the currency law, that's mainly permission for the new currency and to organize how the RV affects loans and the ISX. Parliament would be forced to pass that upon an RV. Possibly, the longer he waits, the higher the RV. He'd be smart, as Steve says, to RV before the budget is enacted. I think giving up a share of new oil revenues to the people and the armored cars were cases of them know they'd have a surplus this year because of the impending RV, whether it's now or September.

My window(s) guess: March 5 through 15th. If not, April 9-16. I'd prefer the National Meeting almost immediately after the Summit, with the HCL done before the Summit. The Budget and Chapter 7, I believe, are already in motion and in the final days.

Ran a little long there, sorry....

• Upvote 6

fnbplanet-thanks so much for your views. I agree with them 100 percent. I love the idea of the RV happening this month, but I am like you that I feel the National Meeting really needs to happen. I hope the List gets them pushed into having it. I really appreciate what you bring to the forum. We are lucky to have people like you, Carello, Yota, Zig, Stryker, Tony....so many intelligent minds to help us understand everything.

• Upvote 3