Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The government invokes the Federal Court to overturn the budget

JustNTime

The government invokes the Federal Court to overturn the budget

On: Wednesday 02/29/2012 11:21

 Baghdad / menopausal Hossam Acommok

Preparing the Council of Ministers to challenge the budget law before the Federal Court, through the assignment of the legal department of the Secretariat of the Council, and that, according to a government statement to the presence of a lot of irregularities on the texts. However, the Legal Committee in the House of Representatives, has ruled that these violations the main reason for seeking government to challenge the budget law, and expressed regret that the government's desire to the success of parliamentary work and what that says members of the Committee,

Had a major role in establishing what they considered a lot of achievements on the project submitted by the Ministry of Finance. The House passed, last Thursday, the Federal budget for the year 2012 the value of one hundred and seventeen thousand, one hundred and twenty-two thousand dinars, the equivalent of $ 100 billion, was calculated according to the export of crude oil based on the average price of $ 85 per barrel and an average export of $ 2.0006 million thousand barrels of exports, including the Kurdistan region.

It was the vote on the budget law for 2012, a majority of 196 deputies out of 223 who attended the session.

Government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement received (range) a copy of yesterday that "the Council of Ministers has instructed the Minister of Justice to expedite the deployment of the budget law and to prepare offenses contained in the Act and from a constitutional standpoint or appeal before the Federal Court on the violations listed and ask the Legal Department in the Secretariat of the Council of Ministers to prepare the appeal. "

Decision raised the surprise of the Legal Committee in the House of Representatives, said he was not in the interest of the Iraqi street.

A member of the Committee, MP from the Sadrist movement, bright Nagy, "The government does not have Thlo achievements of the parliament in the budget of 2012 to increase, particularly the issues of pensions and the distribution of part of the surplus oil on the citizens worked to disrupt the project." He went bright in a telephone conversation with (range) yesterday, "The abolition of paragraph payment on credit is also provoked the executive power which has always emphasized in the past for what it considered the implementation of housing projects for the citizens, and we in the legal committee we agree with the need to be included in the budget but came to dominate the majority that voted to delete from the project and we respect that approach. "

The member of the Legal Committee, the Government to move away to find differences between them and the parliament and not to think that the achievements realized for the Congress and not her, and said, "we are working in the public interest, Delay budget will impact on the Iraqi street, which is expected to launch allocations of ministries impatiently."

• Upvote 1

LOL..From the headlines, i was hoping it was our government!!!! OVERTURN THE WHOLE DAM GOVERNMENT...ITS ALL WRONG!!!

The scary thing is if it didnt say bagdad at the top, it sounded like our government!

Edited by Crow

This line grabbed me... How do these numbers add up?

the Federal budget for the year 2012 the value of one hundred and seventeen thousand, one hundred and twenty-two thousand dinars, the equivalent of $ 100 billion,

100 billion dollars divided by 117,1220 dinars equals......... 8.530 dollars per dinar..... Is this what I'm reading????

B/A

SORRY I ADDED A ZERO ON THE DINAR.... HOW IRONIC!!!!!

the Federal budget for the year 2012 the value of one hundred and seventeen thousand, one hundred and twenty-two thousand dinars, the equivalent of $ 100 billion,

100 billion dollars divided by 117,122 dinars equals......... 8.530 dollars per dinar..... Is this what I'm reading????

B/A

Read more:

100 billion dollars divided by 117,1220 dinars equals......... 8.530 dollars per dinar..... Is this what I'm reading????

B/A

I think there is a typo. Should come out to .8530 dollars per dinar. :D