Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One of my Favorite Quotes

pattyangel

Another of my fav's:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the

man who points out how the strong man

stumbles, or where the doer of deeds

could have done them better. The credit

belongs to the man who is actually in the

arena, whose face is marred by dust

and sweat and blood; who strives

valiantly; who errs, who comes

short again and again, because there

is no effort without error and

shortcoming; but who does actually

strive to do the deeds; who knows

great enthusiasms, the great

devotions; who spends himself in a

worthy cause; who at the best knows

in the end the triumph of high

achievement, and who at the worst,

if he fails, at least fails while daring

greatly, so that his place shall never

be with those cold and timid souls

who neither know victory nor defeat." -Teddy Roosevelt

Love that one Rod! Its one of my favs too.

GP

Beer......it's not just for breakfast anymore.

The school of hard knocks and around the corner education put out great students.

Guns don't kill people, bullets do

Hey fast arnie I have a variation on the last quote:

Guns don't kill people

Dad's with pretty daughters do!

• Upvote 2

How beautiful, precious....Would you share the name of your book quotes and thoughts, I would love to read it. Thank you for sharing

Well,aren't you kind! Hugz!

They are from my little bedside book I jot down my thoughts, quotes and poems into before they escape me!

I call it....

~precious thoughts~

• Upvote 1

When I started reading the thread my mind was blank ... couldn't think of any quotes let alone favourite. Then they started popping up ... so here goes ... and Patty I hope at least one of them helps to "lift" your spirits today ...

If you keep doing what you've always done, you'll keep getting what you've always got.

There are only two kinds of people in the world: those who think they can and those who think they can't. They are both right.

Women don't get hot flashes, they have power surges!

... and for the extra large size woman and I am one of them ...

If you've got it, flaunt it!

Honey, if you can't hide it, decorate it!

... and one of my favourite cat sayings (I am an avid cat person) ...

A cat is always on the wrong side of a door.

Hope you are feeling better, Patty. We can't have our resident cheerful angel feeling down!

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Hey fast arnie I have a variation on the last quote:

Guns don't kill people

Dad's with pretty daughters do!

Last time my daughter's boyfriend was over at the house I left my handgun laying out on the coffee table and as I walked by them sitting on the couch watching TV I picked up the gun, pretended to check the chamber, and said that quote without a smile. Laid the gun back down and walked out of the room.

• Upvote 3

Can't make up my mind....so here are a few:

Sarcasm.....just one more service I offer. ;)

I don't suffer from insanity.....I enjoy every moment of it. :D

I'm standing here feeling very old....can't remember if I found this rope or lost my horse? :confused:

D.A.D.D.....Dads Against Daughters Dating :wacko:

This aint no beer belly.....it's a gas tank for my love machine. :eyebrows:

• Upvote 1

huh, ok, so when are you gonna publish it???? Thanks for your reply

Well, really hadn't thought of publishing it...perhaps,....someday.

Would you like another serving? I'll fill your plate!

Hanging onto his every word, the noose was set.

Her pen left her flushed and indecently exposed as the light peeked through the window curtains.

If your words pierced the heart, would then the lack of them be a mercy killing?

• Upvote 2

"Those that matter don't mind, those that mind don't matter" Dr. Seuss

"Your life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it" Tony Robbins

"God doesn't make junk and a failure is a thing not a person"

"No matter how bad a day goes when you go to bed it is over, what you choose to do the next day is up to you"

"No problem is to great that it can with stand the constant battering of human thought"

So cheer up, let's get this RV done and we can all turn those frowns upside down!!!! :):):D

• Upvote 3

"Those that matter don't mind, those that mind don't matter" Dr. Seuss

"Your life is 10% of what happens to you and 90% of how you react to it" Tony Robbins

"God doesn't make junk and a failure is a thing not a person"

"No matter how bad a day goes when you go to bed it is over, what you choose to do the next day is up to you"

"No problem is to great that it can with stand the constant battering of human thought"

So cheer up, let's get this RV done and we can all turn those frowns upside down!!!! :):):D

Hehehehee, really, really love that last quote!!! :D

• Upvote 2

Just a few more....slow day here!!! :lol::lol:

• If you love someone, set them free, then get the heck out of there because they will call the police and you’ll get charged with kidnapping.

• to the world you may be one person…but to one person you may be the world!!!!!!!

• A friend will come bail you out of jail but, your best friend will be sitting next to you saying… “Wow that was fun!”

• Life is tough, get a helmet

• Life isn’t about how many breathes you take but about the moments that take your breathe away

• There is a light at the end of every tunnel….just pray it’s not a train!.

• THINK its not illegal yet

• silence is golden.

duct tape is silver.

• If you’ve never met the devil in the road of life, its because you’re both heading in the same direction.

• You have no one to blame but yourself…Unless some other guy is standing next to you then you can blame him.

• Upvote 3

My favorite quotes are not of the world, but right here

in my favorite place . . . home.

My Mom is the best cook in the world! -->Son #1 He's 27

Mom lead me to God. --> Son #2 He's 21

I love dancing with Mom. --> Son #3 He's 19

I want to be like my Mom. --> My only daughter. She's 29

I love you. My husband <-- He'd kill me if I told. biggrin.gif

• Upvote 5

My favorite quotes are not of the world, but right here

in my favorite place . . . home.

My Mom is the best cook in the world! -->Son #1 He's 27

Mom lead me to God. --> Son #2 He's 21

I love dancing with Mom. --> Son #3 He's 19

I want to be like my Mom. --> My only daughter. She's 29

I love you. My husband <-- He'd kill me if I told. biggrin.gif

Those are always the most heart warming!! ;)

• Upvote 1

I'm feeling your pain today, so here are three of my favs that get me by...

1) "A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort"

2) "Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning the devil says, "OH CRAP, SHE'S UP!"

And last but in no way the least:

The Final Analysis Prayer

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

Written by Mother Teresa, a very smart lady if you ask me!

• Upvote 2

Gosh everyone, all your quotes were brilliant. I plan one hanging on to them and adding them to my collection.

*The best way to cross the finish line is one step at a time.

*Learning to give whether you get anything or not.

*No person was ever honored for what he received. Honor has been the reward for what he gave. Calvin Coolidge

*Nothing in life can compare with the thrill of knowing God and knowing he knows you.

Thanks all for the best wishes, in fact I knew that you all could change my attitude of feeling low.:D:D:D

• Upvote 1

This is a little long but I like this quote from President Theodore Roosevelt in his speech titled, "Citizenship in a Republic" that he delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April 1910.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Where are you in this? :)

Another one is...

In the end it will all be okay, if it isn't ok, it isn't the end yet. ;)

• Upvote 2

' TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE' This has to be my all time favorite

always look ahead on life's journey as behind you is the past you cannot reclaim

This one is a little long: One day as I sat mussing sad and lonely a voice from above said to me " Cheer up things could be worse," so sure enough I did cheer up and " things got worse". :lmao: not everything in life has to be serious.

• Upvote 1