Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

One of my Favorite Quotes

pattyangel

These are from 3 of my favorite people

Instead of comparing our lot with that of those who are more fortunate than we are, we should compare it with the lot of the great majority of our fellow men. It then appears that weare among the privileged." -- Helen Keller, lecturer

Another favorite:

"No diet will remove all the fat from your body because the brain is entirely fat. Without a brain you might look good, but all you could do is run for public office." ~George Bernard Shaw

yet another favorite from one of my favorites:

"Do a little more than you're paid to. Give a little more than you have to. Try a little harder than you want to. Aim a little higher than you think possible, and give a lot of thanks to God for health, family, and friends." -- Art Linkletter

• Upvote 4

"The Priceless Gift of Christmas" was written by Helen Steiner Rice.

This poem was read on the Lawrence Welk show in 1960. The poem introduced Mrs. Rice and led to her recognition as "America's most inspirational poet."

here are 2 of her quotes that I find comfort in:

God does not comfort us only to make us more comfortable. He comforts us so that we may also become comforters. HSR

and my very favorite........

My cross is not too heavy,

My road is not too rough,

Because God walks beside me,

To know this is enough. HSR

Pattyangel, I hope you get to feeling better today...God loves you and you know it.......love barb

• Upvote 1

"The heights by great men reached and kept, were not obtained by sudden flight. But they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night."

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

;)

Hope you have a better day

" It's better to be pissed off than pissed on"

:lol:

• Upvote 1

These are a few of mine, from my book of quotes and thoughts~ enjoy!

Her Spirit would not be contained; it burst forth to the beauty of the fields and danced unrestrained to the music her soul orchestrated.

Even in the deafening silence of the day; I can close my eyes and become that exquisite butterfly which dances with each flutter of the wings, the cadence of life that imagines the movement of air.

Music started what Dance completed.

I hold in question those who have said of life, they wouldn’t change a thing. Either they have experienced too little or not learned enough.

• Upvote 1

There are times in life when there is no encouragement to found.

It is in those times that the smallest of decisions result in either the best of results or the worst.

A heart that lends toward hope, faith, and resoluteness to integrity will find buried gold in these seasons of life.

A heart that lends itself toward despair, bitterness, and hopelessness will find a dark well with a bottom not found.

• Upvote 1

These are a few of mine, from my book of quotes and thoughts~ enjoy!

Her Spirit would not be contained; it burst forth to the beauty of the fields and danced unrestrained to the music her soul orchestrated.

Even in the deafening silence of the day; I can close my eyes and become that exquisite butterfly which dances with each flutter of the wings, the cadence of life that imagines the movement of air.

Music started what Dance completed.

I hold in question those who have said of life, they wouldn’t change a thing. Either they have experienced too little or not learned enough. Wow, this one is my favorite.

How beautiful, precious....Would you share the name of your book quotes and thoughts, I would love to read it. Thank you for sharing

I can't necesarrily say this is one of my favorite inspirational quotes but it is definitely a quote I will not forget.

I was shopping at the grocery store a few years back and as I reached the end of my aisle and began to turn a giant of a man walked past the front of me (good thing I didn't pull out in front of him with my cart). It was possibly the largest man I have ever seen. I'm no small fry myself... I stand at 6'4" tall and am stout, to put it nicely. But my eyes were level with the nipples on this guy's chest. I want to say he was easily over 7' tall and was probably somewhere between 350 and 400 lbs.; a true giant of a man. There are two specific things I remember about the encounter:

1. The guy's size, obviously.

2. He was wearing a shirt that read :"Life's Good When You're Awesome."

Yeah... no kidding. I don't know if I've ever seen a more appropriate shirt in my life. I almost belted out a funny comment as he passed by but I decided against it and just smiled to myself.

• Upvote 1

Another of my fav's:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the

man who points out how the strong man

stumbles, or where the doer of deeds

could have done them better. The credit

belongs to the man who is actually in the

arena, whose face is marred by dust

and sweat and blood; who strives

valiantly; who errs, who comes

short again and again, because there

is no effort without error and