Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Here's how this can't happen how we want it.

DinarChiTown

and where exactly is two door down on the left on this forum, i didn't see any doors when i typed in the url for dinarvets.....and im Incoherent, and ranting.....everything you just said pertains to nothing that regards a forum, specifically this forum. Perhaps you need to know your role?

ONLY in case you were "just joking", i'm, "just joking" as well :-P

:blink:....................... :blink:

My questions is when did the US take the large denoms out of circulation AND reduce their value???? If I had a $1000 US bill and I had to exchange it for the lower denoms, wouldn't I receive the lower currency to equal the amount I had to surrender? I don't recall ever hearing about large US denoms being devalued in the manner stated here.

I wont speak for Hopeful here but in my opinion he never stated that they devalued the larg denoms. Many of the larger denoms in the US were for bank to bank transefers and the gold certificates were only good to exchange for gold and it wasnt citizens doing that it was institutions and banks.

I think maybe there is confusion on the US large denom and Iraq large denom comparison. Really there is no comparison. Iraqs currency is in a hyperinflated state and the US currency wasnt. The large denoms in the US represented a country with mass amounts of wealth and the large denoms in Iraq represent a country that experienced hyperinflation. That is a difference of night and day and no Iraq doesnt have mass amounts of wealth, they have oil in the ground and zero economy.

One more thing. You said quote "If I had a $1000 US bill and I had to exchange it for the lower denoms, wouldn't I receive the lower currency to equal the amount I had to surrender?"

Yes you would. Same thing with a RD in Iraq. You will recieve the same amount as you had to surrender based on the exchange rate not the numbers on the face of the note. The numbers on the face of the note are irrelevant. They mean nothing. The only thing important is what that note can be exchanged for in another currency. So when they bring in a new currency with a new exchange rate then you will recieve the same amount of value that you surrendered. The US never went through this so there is no comparison.

Perhaps you have wandered into the wrong room? This is "Rational Discussion", I think you may be looking for "Incoherent Ranting", that's two doors down on the left.

LOL ok smarty pants whatever you say haha last time i checked i thought this was a forum i told jmw to stay in his lop cage but he wanders so guess what we do the same.laugh.gif

and where exactly is two door down on the left on this forum, i didn't see any doors when i typed in the url for dinarvets.....and im Incoherent, and ranting.....everything you just said pertains to nothing that regards a forum, specifically this forum. Perhaps you need to know your role?

someone needs to lay the smack down on his candy a$$ laugh.gif

-The Rock-

Edited by easyrider

Article is old- yes

English translation leaves much for be desired.

But still the meaning is clear.

I've always been open to all possibilities. And I've read about all the redenominations in history.

None of them have reduced their cash supply before doing so.

What would be the point of reducing the cash supply for a neutral event?

http://ataleoftwocitiesdotnet.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/iraq-working-to-reduce-the-mass-of-cash-through-the-deletion-of-zeros-16112011-1431/

And yes this is a blog page but it is only the original article

My questions is when did the US take the large denoms out of circulation AND reduce their value???? If I had a $1000 US bill and I had to exchange it for the lower denoms, wouldn't I receive the lower currency to equal the amount I had to surrender? I don't recall ever hearing about large US denoms being devalued in the manner stated here.

When did I state that the large denoms were ever devalued in any way??? :blink:

The U.S. didn't remove the high denominations as a means of reducing the money supply due to hyperinflation, which is exactly the reason Iraq has stated their intent to be. They are two completely different situations, different reasons for the large notes to exist and different reasons and methods of their removal from the circulating money supply.

Article is old- yes

English translation leaves much for be desired.

But still the meaning is clear.

I've always been open to all possibilities. And I've read about all the redenominations in history.

None of them have reduced their cash supply before doing so.

What would be the point of reducing the cash supply for a neutral event?

http://ataleoftwocitiesdotnet.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/iraq-working-to-reduce-the-mass-of-cash-through-the-deletion-of-zeros-16112011-1431/

And yes this is a blog page but it is only the original article

Fuzz I think what you are saying is that this article is saying that they are going to reduce the cash in Iraq to 15 billion before they redenominate. Maybe I am wrong and you are saying something else. Please clarify if so. If you are saying what I think you are saying then you are reading it incorrectly. The article states that the redenomination itself will reduce the cash supply from 25 trillion to 15 billion. There is no evidence what so ever that Iraq is removing dinar from circulation. There is however evidence that the money supply is increasing year after year. I am sure sonny will be by soon to tell me nothing I say makes sense but that is my opinion anyway.

The serious part:

your post:

all the bashers parking their dirty $%^# in this thread 2nite huh?

Chitown sells cheap stuff, Don't sell us THIS CHEAP STUFF CHITOWN

but i know, you're just doing your job!

The spirit of Christ compels you, TO ACT RIGHT! LEAVE DEMON!

is indeed incoherent ranting.

The non-serious part:

the rest was an omage to MontyPython's "argument" sketch. But perhaps that is before your time.

Randal are you that stupid,? I'm sorry but you just don't get it. Yes, Iraq IS CHANGING their currency, and NOT adding to it. Adding to it would imply that in ADDITION to the lower denoms, the three zero notes will also be there. That is not the case. They are replacing the THREE ZERO notes with lower denom notes, also known as a REDENOMINATION! As in REPLACED! They will have lower denoms and fils, what don't you get here? I'm blown away by the ignorance. The NEW notes will have all three languages on them, which they don't now, as in REPLACED! Knock it off. Stop pumping the nonsense!

You no longer have any credibility in my IMHO when you start going low enough to name calling I stop listening.I not a LOPPER and think you are way off base but you are allowed a opinion I will neg you every time.

I83 OUT!

• Downvote 1

You no longer have any credibility in my IMHO when you start going low enough to name calling I stop listening.I not a LOPPER and think you are way off base but you are allowed a opinion I will neg you every time.

I83 OUT!

Name calling should possibly lead to a loss of respect, but it shouldn't lead to any change in credibility, IMO... Credibility should rely on what you can provide to support your stance, not in the words you choose to respond... Again, JMO...

What is the difference between your "role" here and the "role" that dvforumuser may or may not have? :blink:

Perhaps it appeared you do not like the discussions taking place in the "LOP Section", he/she is suggesting that you could look elsewhere on the forum for a topic that might be more to your liking....