Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something I heard.......

Zeppelin

Zeppelin ( I like your name...smile) I understand what you said and liked your story but I'd like to make a friendly remark if I may.....

I know you found a few analogies between the 2 Countries ( post-war Germany and Iraq)... Germany was determined enough and strong enough to make its way up to the top of the European Economy.....The only slight difference that I'd like to point out and I'm sure a few / many will say it doesn't matter, is that Germany is mainly inhabited by German People and Iraq by Iraqi People... Different traditions, different conceptions of life, work, commitment to make a Country more powerful economically and in general... Of course.. JMVHO.

True, however when the currency was initially revalued it revalued high in June of 48. This was way before they had their infrastructure back. I am sure you heard the stories of how the shops overnight were "full". Well you can ask any German who was there the shopkeepers were hording goods at the cheap price and just waiting. They all knew it was coming but no one knew exactly when. Just my 2 cents worth from all the stories I heard as a child. :)

FYI, there really hasn't been an announcement of a contest to see who calls the RV first, at least here at DV.......We're more of a support group helping each other wade through all of the misinformation out there. Sort of, "therapy for the informed, in a comfortable waiting room".

I thought there was a contest with the winner getting some pig gear or something like that. :P:P

Bondlady is no pumper or date & rate kind of gal. She post the news and tries to break them down.

Go RV

OK ill admit bondlady has some good info she has put out but she did predict this RV to happen in Jan. and it did not.I believe her guess is just as good as the pizza guys.Yes she does break things down very well using facts to support her best guess at what it means to her.All I'm saying is (when ur wrong ur wrong,admit it and carry on)You don't see me making predictions because I don't want to feed people a bunch of ideas of what I think will happen.Unless I truly had an inside source.As always go RV no disrespect to anyone God bless

What's interesting about the story is that it gives legitimacy to what we know and believe and blows the naysayers right out of the water. Those who say it can't happen cause it's never happened before need to go back and read their history books...and listen to the folks who helped make it. The economic revival of Germany post WW2 is a prime example. It CAN happen virtually overnight...it HAS happened before and it WILL happen here with Iraq. Iraq is an emerging economy, and I will say again: they have FAR more in the way of physical assets than most of the world is aware of. One thing they have, which virtually no other ME country has, and ironically has been fought over for millenia is water...and plenty of it. The crude oil and gas is a given, but they are literally awash in other minerals. It was said several years ago that Iraq will ultimately become the single wealthiest country on the planet, and I for one do not doubt that one bit.

How are you doing? Just checking on ya...

• Upvote 1

What's interesting about the story is that it gives legitimacy to what we know and believe and blows the naysayers right out of the water. Those who say it can't happen cause it's never happened before need to go back and read their history books...and listen to the folks who helped make it. The economic revival of Germany post WW2 is a prime example. It CAN happen virtually overnight...it HAS happened before and it WILL happen here with Iraq.

Really? I see nothing approaching a 1000:1 RV in Germany, quite the opposte. They had more of an RD (thought a complicated one with different rates for different source of funds, wages vs savings etc).

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_mark#Currency_reform_of_June_1948

The Deutsche Mark was introduced on Sunday, June 20, 1948 by Ludwig Erhard. The old Reichsmark and Rentenmark were exchanged for the new currency at a rate of DM 1 = RM 1 for the essential currency such as wages, payment of rents etc., and DM 1 = RM 10 for the remainder in private non-bank credit balance, with half frozen. Large amounts were exchanged for RM 10 to 65 pfennigs. In addition, each person received a per capita allowance of DM 60 in two parts, the first being DM 40 and the second DM 20.[4]
Certainly the DM grew in value over time as the German economy grew in value over time.
  • Upvote 1

For years, many of us have been castigating the GOI for not getting anything done. What about the USA budget? Last Year, O submitted one, it was defeated 97-0. Do you realize that after Pearl Harbor, the vote from the Senate was 99-1. So, given all their sectarian problems, etc., they have done well, but we are still not quite there.

I thought there was a contest with the winner getting some pig gear or something like that. :P:P

Maybe you are talking about the following thread--they celebrate the pink piggy fairly often. haha

Come in and see the crazy side of DV members! WARNING: This thread is Rated M for Mature. Rate Topic: 15 Votes

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/82610-come-in-and-see-the-crazy-side-of-dv-members/page__st__17280#ixzz1ngdnb0HL

OK ill admit bondlady has some good info she has put out but she did predict this RV to happen in Jan. and it did not.I believe her guess is just as good as the pizza guys.Yes she does break things down very well using facts to support her best guess at what it means to her.All I'm saying is (when ur wrong ur wrong,admit it and carry on)You don't see me making predictions because I don't want to feed people a bunch of ideas of what I think will happen.Unless I truly had an inside source.As always go RV no disrespect to anyone God bless

Thank you. It takes a real man to do this, and I respect you highly for it. I still think, however, that BondLady's guess would be a bit better than the pizza guy's, but I won't argue that point with you any further. I don't recall her guessing the date and rate, and it is hard for me to believe she did it. So hard, in fact, that I don't believe it, but as I said, no more argument about it, either way.

No Okies in Iraq - he got invited to the big summitt....lmao - I just get a kick out of all the whack jobs calling the rate and the time and the place.......I want to know how do you become a so called guru????? We should all be flipping gurus cause we know about as much as them........but i did hear that from my friend that cleans some politicians house.....until im at the bank with money in account i don't believe anything either so don't bash me....just a single mom of two beautiful girls - the investment is for them - so i can wait .......and wait........and wait........lol

Hope your right

Thanks for trying

Dame

I know... Sometimes ( been in this for 8 years, mind you) I think of this RV expectation as a rat race.......But we have to stay hopeful....

Though, there are those that have been invested in this thing for longer.. 10 years ..(Back side Bandit) lol

It is always reassuring to hear that optimism can prevail ..after so many let downs.. To a true Dinar Vet.......

Thumbs up buddy!

Edited by motox565