Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could the RV take up to two years?

Luigi1

Economist Opinion: Exchange Rate Of The IQD Against The USD May Be Equal During The Next Two Years Thanks To CBI Policy.

On: Saturday 02/25/2012 15:36

Baghdad (news) .. Expected economic researcher Hussein star is equal to the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar during the next two years as a result of central bank policy in support of the currency, stressing that this process depends on the political and economic stability of the country.

said the star (of the Agency news) on Saturday: The central bank succeeded managed through its control of the cash raised in the local markets, and make the Iraqi dinar rises two points during the month of February the current and this is an important development and significant in the work of monetary policy in Iraq.

He added that the Iraqi dinar today has become an important currency and influential in world markets being covered with cash reserve large of hard currency, which is estimated at (60) billion dollars, and this number is too large due to central bank policy in support of the national currency.

http://bit.ly/xG6LKx

• Upvote 3

Economist Opinion: Exchange Rate Of The IQD Against The USD May Be Equal During The Next Two Years Thanks To CBI Policy.

On: Saturday 02/25/2012 15:36

Baghdad (news) .. Expected economic researcher Hussein star is equal to the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar during the next two years as a result of central bank policy in support of the currency, stressing that this process depends on the political and economic stability of the country.

said the star (of the Agency news) on Saturday: The central bank succeeded managed through its control of the cash raised in the local markets, and make the Iraqi dinar rises two points during the month of February the current and this is an important development and significant in the work of monetary policy in Iraq.

He added that the Iraqi dinar today has become an important currency and influential in world markets being covered with cash reserve large of hard currency, which is estimated at (60) billion dollars, and this number is too large due to central bank policy in support of the national currency.

http://bit.ly/xG6LKx

I read this as well. Cant understand it really, but it reads as though its going to increase slowly over two years to reach a 1-1 exchange???? :blink:

• Upvote 1

I read this as well. Cant understand it really, but it reads as though its going to increase slowly over two years to reach a 1-1 exchange???? :blink:

My guess, CBI may abandon the three zero drop & possibly opt for the IQD to float against the USD untill it reaches par to it in 2014. Etheir way, we win. We gain overnight or over a 2 year time frame but we still gain.

• Upvote 3

I don't think it will be 2014...but close to it. End of 2013 is what I've felt all along for the RV to show up. I do think they will be working to put it all together over the next two years.

Good point. Getting the Iraq economy & infrastructure built up & running first & foremost will help pay for the RV later on. It will take more than just pumping more oil to pay for the RV. Iraq's economy should be running within a year. The Iraqis will get their first oil revenue sharing checks by summer. This will jump start the economy.

I also read that article it is a little circumspect, but it does offer an alternative to RVing, than just one sudden announcement. If it goes that way fine. As someone here already mentioned. either way we win. :)

Agree. There are often conflicting reports coming out of shabibi & the CBI.

We'll just have to wait till one of the Gurus like Bondlady or Breitling to decipher these news articles for us.

the key is the second word in economist opinion...my opinion is anybody's opinion on this forum is as likely to be in line with something factual as anybody elses....what about your opinion??? :blink:

My opinion, the RV could happen any day between now & June. The Iraqis may be throwing out conflicting reports to slow down the exchange of USD to IQD so that currency speculators will lose interest.

IMO: No to have an exchange rate value equal to the USD. IMO: That will be here in weeks! IMO: It will take two or more years before becoming the dominant currency in the middle east. IMO: In due time the IQD will be the most valued currency globally. Babylon is on the rise!!!

I believe the RV is iminent. The two year time frame may be to complete the entire process of getting the old notes off the streets & back to CBI for destruction.

I just wonder what most people will do after the RV? Will they jump in and cash out at a low RV value, or will they hold onto their Dinar for a year or two and cash out once the value is higher? Big decisions.

Also conflicting reports coming out of Shabibi on this very subect, too. He sometimes states a gradual strengthening of the IQD then suggests RV all at once. We won't know till it happens.

Edited by Luigi1

My guess, CBI may abandon the three zero drop & possibly opt for the IQD to float against the USD untill it reaches par to it in 2014. Etheir way, we win. We gain overnight or over a 2 year time frame but we still gain.

A controlled float is exactly how I see this going down! Probably will take a few years but as long as they don't do what they did from 2009-2012 then we will see our 1:1 rate within the next few years!

I have no "cred" ln this area, but I think once the dinar is tradable and makes a significant move (10 cents) the world is going to jump on the ride. Will that drive up the value of our dinars?

There has got to be a point where institutional investors decide to jump on the IQD band wagon. I have always thought that when it is openly traded on the FOREX market that is when the "demand" will come into play, however, a few others have pointed out to me that most Middle Eastern countries who heavily rely on Oil exports don't really trade freely on the market. Most of the M.E. countries "peg" their currencies...

A controlled float is exactly how I see this going down! Probably will take a few years but as long as they don't do what they did from 2009-2012 then we will see our 1:1 rate within the next few years!

Ya know I agree with your premise. The controlled float is what we have already seen. 1170 to 1166 don't sound like much now. However, if their economy begins to improve the rate of exchange could also excelerate. So keep on holdin and wishin. :):):)

Ya know I agree with your premise. The controlled float is what we have already seen. 1170 to 1166 don't sound like much now. However, if their economy begins to improve the rate of exchange could also excelerate. So keep on holdin and wishin. :):):)

Exactly! They could start increasing the value anywhere from 2-5 dinars per day on a daily basis. I hope they get back to the daily increases like they did in the past!

I check this site every morning to see if they have made another increase in the value of the IQD: http://www.cbi.iq/do...GE_AUCTIONS.pdf

**This link is my "RV Guide" biggrin.gif

Edited by 20MillionDinar

This says that they moved the rate 2 points .....to satisfy the IMF

that the rate of 1 to 1 will last two years

and that if they dont speed up the revalue they will be fined by the world ....because they have more foreign reserves than any country on the planet ......except CHINA ...and are limping along

• Upvote 1

I am no expert but if it increases over two years I could wait, but as soon as people realise that this was their plan, would it not mean that there would be a BIG rush to stock up on dinar and then it would cost them more.

As I say no expert so please put me right.

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

• Upvote 1

I am no expert but if it increases over two years I could wait, but as soon as people realise that this was their plan, would it not mean that there would be a BIG rush to stock up on dinar and then it would cost them more.

Excellent point. By releasing disinformation like this will also discorage short term speculators wanting to get rich overnight from purchasing more IQD.

I beleive it will be a real float against the USD. Also the USD will loose value making foreign currencies including the IQD not locked into the USD exchange rate more valuable.

I just wonder what most people will do after the RV? Will they jump in and cash out at a low RV value, or will they hold onto their Dinar for a year or two and cash out once the value is higher? Big decisions.

Speaking for myself, I would cash in a little just to get by right away then a little more as the float works to my advantage.

This says that they moved the rate 2 points .....to satisfy the IMF

that the rate of 1 to 1 will last two years

and that if they dont speed up the revalue they will be fined by the world ....because they have more foreign reserves than any country on the planet ......except CHINA ...and are limping along

Iraq will soon have more foreign reserves than China & Japan combined by the end of this year according to an article in the WSJ. Iraq will accept any oreign currency in the sale of it's oil & will become the world's largest oil exporter once all floating terminals & pipe lines come on line by this spring. Two more new oil ields were recently found. Iraq will become the wealthiest nation on earth in 3 to 5 years.

This seems to be one of those questions that goes around in a circle- if the rate comes out low speculators can buy more dinar which diminishes Iraq's wealth and they'll have to buy back those dinars all over again. Yes they make money on tne spread- but wouldn't a higher RV get them where they want to be faster?

This seems to be one of those questions that goes around in a circle- if the rate comes out low speculators can buy more dinar which diminishes Iraq's wealth and they'll have to buy back those.dinars all over again. Yes they make money on tne spread- but wouldn't a higher RV get them where they want to be faster?

Edited by magawatt

This seems to be one of those questions that goes around in a circle- if the rate comes out low speculators can buy more dinar which diminishes Iraq's wealth and they'll have to buy back those dinars all over again. Yes they make money on tne spread- but wouldn't a higher RV get them where they want to be faster?

This seems to be one of those questions that goes around in a circle- if the rate comes out low speculators can buy more dinar which diminishes Iraq's wealth and they'll have to buy back those.dinars all over again. Yes they make money on tne spread- but wouldn't a higher RV get them where they want to be faster?

True statement. Maybe the CBI is counting on those speculators wanting to get rich overnight to get frustrated & get out of the currency trading business all together.

This is the thing, the IQD was at roughly 4000:1 and they did increase the value of the IQD from 2003 to 2009 all the way to 1170:1. We don't know exactly who is holding dinars as far as institutional investors go. There has got to be a point where the major institutions invest in the IQD, maybe they already did back in 2003...

But I guess what I am saying is that people should have realized by now that this was their plan, at least from 2003-2009 because that is exactly what they did. Hope this makes sense.