Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Question for Enorrste on 3/6/10 Chat???

bahtman

Enorrste,

First, please understand that I am a big supporter and appreciate all your hard work, I only ask this question, not to dispute or bash, but because I sincerely would like to know the answer.

In your chat you said:

19:21:41 [enorrste] so, the 23 trillion is too much, he says, and he says he

I agree ....I enjoy his posts and how he breaks everything down so we can follow his reasoning behind what he is saying. I won't be in chat, or on here much until the ban is lifted. I was gonna join the VIP section too. I will hang back on that

bathman,

I was on my way out the door and noticed your thread so I'll take a moment to respond, assuming I can get it in before I'm "rebanned" by grumpy.

It is my understanding that the amount of dinars "in-country" is more like 5 trillion and that most of the dinars are either held by speculators (probably 3 trillion or so) or foreign nations, predominantly the US, GB, FR, and CHINA. I have been told (sorry, no links tonight) that these four countries have made a guarantee to the GOI and CBI that they will not attempt to return any IQD for at least 6 months after the RV. Of course in the case of the US the USTreasury will have to exchange the IQDs into dollars for us speculators.

The next phase, as I understand it, will be that after this cooling off period these countries will exchange dinars back to Iraq for oil. As they do so the CBI will destroy the returned large denom notes, just as they will be doing "in-country".

Because so many IQD of the total 23 trillion in circulation are held by foreign governments who have committed to retain them for at least 6 months, it will be easier for the CBI to reduce the "effective" money supply down to 25 billion as Shabibi has indicated is his goal. Then, in exchange for oil, these other IQDs will come in and disappear.

Therefore Shabibi has in place a methodology that will give him the assurance of success. Recall early this weak that Maliki used the phrase "guarantees of success" in his first speech on the value of the dinar? I believe that this arrangement with the big 4 countries is a part of those "guarantees".

I hope that somehow a "rapproachment" can be reached so that those here who have appreciated my presence and research may continue to benefit from it. I don't hold out much hope for that, though, since the "foxes are guarding the henhouse".

Here's a joke: perhaps I should have accepted Adam's offer to make me a mod from the beginning. Then I wouldn't be in such a pickle now, would I?

Steve

Thank you Enorrste

bathman,

I was on my way out the door and noticed your thread so I'll take a moment to respond, assuming I can get it in before I'm "rebanned" by grumpy.

It is my understanding that the amount of dinars "in-country" is more like 5 trillion and that most of the dinars are either held by speculators (probably 3 trillion or so) or foreign nations, predominantly the US, GB, FR, and CHINA. I have been told (sorry, no links tonight) that these four countries have made a guarantee to the GOI and CBI that they will not attempt to return any IQD for at least 6 months after the RV. Of course in the case of the US the USTreasury will have to exchange the IQDs into dollars for us speculators.

The next phase, as I understand it, will be that after this cooling off period these countries will exchange dinars back to Iraq for oil. As they do so the CBI will destroy the returned large denom notes, just as they will be doing "in-country".

Because so many IQD of the total 23 trillion in circulation are held by foreign governments who have committed to retain them for at least 6 months, it will be easier for the CBI to reduce the "effective" money supply down to 25 billion as Shabibi has indicated is his goal. Then, in exchange for oil, these other IQDs will come in and disappear.

Therefore Shabibi has in place a methodology that will give him the assurance of success. Recall early this weak that Maliki used the phrase "guarantees of success" in his first speech on the value of the dinar? I believe that this arrangement with the big 4 countries is a part of those "guarantees".

I hope that somehow a "rapproachment" can be reached so that those here who have appreciated my presence and research may continue to benefit from it. I don't hold out much hope for that, though, since the "foxes are guarding the henhouse".

Here's a joke: perhaps I should have accepted Adam's offer to make me a mod from the beginning. Then I wouldn't be in such a pickle now, would I?

Steve

IMO, this bruhaha has become more than ridiculous. We all make mistakes, the real issue at hand is not whether we make them but what we do once we've made them. The real joke (and sadness) is that we are not talking about illiterate clowns or mafia goons. We are talking about a few very intelligent, compassionate, seemingly honorable, contributing, and well respected members of society -- playing with the balance of power. At this rate there will be no winners, only losers . . . and it's so easy to change course.

Enorrste,

Thanks for the answer.

I had no idea that there would be more dinar "outside" of the country than "inside".

But this seems to make the problem much worse, not better.

At some point Iraq has to pay the piper, with oil or whatever.

In your example in this post ( if you used $3.33), you are talking about covering over 50 trillion dollars from investors and the Big 4.

How long will it take for Iraq to get out from under this burden?

I hope you are able to answer. I enjoy your thoughts. I'm really looking for you to make me feel better about this. Please.

Enorrste,

Hopefully you are back and all is well in DV land.

Concerning our conversation above, if the United States has investors of IQD holding say $2 trillion dinar, then they would have to pay out $2 trillion USD if it RV'd at 1.00 to 1.

They would have to pay out $6.6 trillion USD if it RV'd at 3.30 to 1.

Now I know the US has been throwing around hundreds of billions of dollars, but they haven't been throwing around trillions of dollars.

Where will all this money come from?

Please tell me I'm wrong and that there's some other logic to this!

Ennorste - thanks for all the time you put into providing us with meaningful intel on the Dinar. I for one will find you where ever you get posted - but I hope you stay at this site as well since it is where I go first and I always read your posts first. Hopefully this will all be a mute point when we see "the good news" in the next few days.

Enorrste,

Thanks for the answer.

I had no idea that there would be more dinar "outside" of the country than "inside".

But this seems to make the problem much worse, not better.

At some point Iraq has to pay the piper, with oil or whatever.

In your example in this post ( if you used $3.33), you are talking about covering over 50 trillion dollars from investors and the Big 4.

How long will it take for Iraq to get out from under this burden?

I hope you are able to answer. I enjoy your thoughts. I'm really looking for you to make me feel better about this. Please.

Bahtman, don't waste your time with Enor, he is an idiot, I asked him the same question a month or so ago and he couldn't answer it. The problem with the countries who hold the large some of Dinar like the U.S. and China is the following, the oil Iraq has in the ground is only worth about 8 trillion in current price per barrel numbers, now that could change when/if the price rises, the countries that currently have dinar are going to be rushing to get theirs cashed in b4 Iraq runs out of oil. Which will be in 30 years.

Steve,

I believe its a power struggle sort of thing. U bring GREAT intel to the table with such understanding like no other. I look forward to reading your post daily. You have also got many involved in research and debates. I like Gankans post also. The two of u compliment each other. Watch out for the foxes and keep going.

yea enorreste....should have accepted...I know you and Adam really respect each others views.... and from what I've witnessed, some mods do a great job, ...others ...........NOT SOO MUCH

yes i know i had one ban me for 2 weeks and i never found out why other than i did something that they (the one who banned me) did not like...like i am around them to to do anything anyway. wonder if it was a medic supporter???

One small note/ question based on the rate for the sake of Iraq<> In my mind, the rate at RV will be or probably should be, at a moderate level initially to encourage and solicit outside investment/contracts/etc into the country, meaning: would it not be more difficult for outside investors to be able to touch Iraq if the rate were higher than somewhere around the USD or Euro?

I realize there is a fine line to broach in regards to speculation buying if the RV were at a very low rate but, it does seem to me that a moderate rate would allow my uniform buying power for not only Iraq, but for everyone else as well. I realize what Iraq could afford based on most recent data, the IMF loan, and loans outstanding to other entities. Thoughts????

Personally, I don't hear anyone talking about the other natural resources that are in Iraq, like Natural Gas (the largest reserves in the world) and Sulpher Deposits (also number 1 in the world), not to mention they used to be called "The Bread Basket of the Middle East" because of their agricultural possibilities. Along with all that, they have numerous ways for investors to make huge returns in communication, housing, medicine, automotive, etc., etc., etc...... It's not just oil that they are considering when they choose an exchange rate for their money. Ths country is about to explode with ways to invest in their economy.