Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Not going to happen anytime soon. Link provided.

uncs

Central Bank denies deletion of zero from currency value in May .

21/02/2012 11:09:00

Baghdad/ NINA/-- Central Bank denied deletion of zero from currency value in next May .

The deputy governor of the Central Bank said Iin a statement to NINA said what has circulated by some media outlets in this regard is baseless , noting that habitually such procedures conducted in beginning of the financial year not in the middle of it .

The deputy governor went to say : "Central bank will as of tomorrow, will set new measures providing fixing the rate of interest on the sale of foreign currency not exceeding 10 Iraqi dinars, because the central bank sale dollars for the banks by 1179 ID , so should not be sold to citizens more of 1189, ID ."/End

• Upvote 2

Interesting find.. but, I think the mere translation doesn't allow for a clear message.

I do believe the CBI isn't ideally denying the change in the value of their currency (as they've stated from the past) but they're down playing the month of May.

It would be worth seeing the reason for this article and what the media outlets have actually been saying.

I think this could be just a comment to push down any hype from all the positive news happening recently.

We're all still in a great place.

Just sayin'... B)

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

What is interesting is that the article also says that it is going to put interet on the sale on currency. Who are you going to charge the intrest to? And and the intrest at 10 dinarss?????. That's like less than a peeny? Anybody else see that? Just curious to others thoughts????

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Interesting find.. but, I think the mere translation doesn't allow for a clear message.

I do believe the CBI isn't ideally denying the change in the value of their currency (as they've stated from the past) but they're down playing the month of May.

It would be worth seeing the reason for this article and what the media outlets have actually been saying.

I think this could be just a comment to push down any hype from all the positive news happening recently.

We're all still in a great place.

Just sayin'... B)

(Fat fingered)...... +1

• Upvote 1

I agree with the article, definitely before May.

Do you people really believe what you read?????? I've said for the past 7 years and I will say it again no one knows the rate or date, do you really believe that they are going to give you a date??? They are hinting around with a rate, but come on do you really believe this???For the last time I'm going to say this. The rate and date will be a complete surprise to us trust me...Of course I could be wrong, but don't think so.. :lol::):lol:

Edited by mrref
  • Upvote 13

Not trying to be Debbie downer just passing along some information. All the guru's are going to fire back with " they said there would be dis information before the RV". Whatever don think it's going to happen anytime soon

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKFMGE

It wouldnt surprise me.

Iraq will be totally happy going to the upcoming summit meeting still dirt poor. Unlike the Gooo roooses are saying that Iraq will not go to the meeting with valueless currency because they have too much pride. They have about as much pride as a center fold in hustler magazine. Am I wrong? I sure hope so...but its the weekend and pumpers are out in full force. Please... B) Somebody prove me wrong come Monday.

• Upvote 3

Do you people really believe what you read?????? I've said for the past 7 years and I will say it again no one knows the rate or date, do you really believe that they are going to give you a date??? They are hinting around with a rate, but come on do you really believe this???For the last time I'm going to say this. The rate and date will be a complete surprise to us trust me...Of course I could be wrong, but don't think so.. :lol::):lol:

Do I believe all I read? Of course not, my intent was to provide an alternative interpretation of the article.

Edited by magawatt
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree, mrref. We'll wake up some morning and it'll be done. No fanfare, no dancing in the streets, nuthin. They'll have announced it in Iraq, the CBI site will show it, they'll declare the cash in period, and that'll be it. Ka-ching! B)

I don't want to just wake up to the RV. I want to get woke up to the RV, with a loud TEXT MESSAGE from ADAM!!

Go RV!!!

:D:D:D

• Upvote 3

Not trying to be Debbie downer just passing along some information. All the guru's are going to fire back with " they said there would be dis information before the RV". Whatever don think it's going to happen anytime soon

http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKFMGE

I saw this article the other day and didn't interpret it that way.... Maybe its a matter of choosing what one believes to be the context of the sentences....

Baghdad/ NINA/-- Central Bank denied deletion of zero from currency value in next May .

The deputy governor of the Central Bank said Iin a statement to NINA said what has circulated by some media outlets in this regard is baseless , noting that habitually such procedures conducted in beginning of the financial year not in the middle of it .

The deputy governor went to say : "Central bank will as of tomorrow, will set new measures providing fixing the rate of interest on the sale of foreign currency not exceeding 10 Iraqi dinars, because the central bank sale dollars for the banks by 1179 ID , so should not be sold to citizens more of 1189, ID ."/End

And NINA is one of the major sources reporting the lifting of the zeros and consistent with this article, likewise report that the currency wil not lose value along with reporting that the new and old currency will float on the market for a full year side by side....

I don;t really see this as inconsistent with what is being said all along..... what am I missing? :huh:

NINA btw is one of the main sources stating they are going to lift zeros

• Upvote 2