Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam's Official Chat 2/22/12

kcw

Why do I have the feeling there's a lot Adam is not saying these past couple of weeks? He's been so great with the news in the past, but has seemed a little distant or distracted here lately, not his usual informative self. I miss his Q & A's chats, though I know the server screwed that up today. I thank him for all he does for us, and I do hope all is well with him...

Sorry about that Flyboy.

I've been swamped with meetings and 2 weeks in a row something came up at the worst possible time. I actually addressed this in a VIP email that is going out now. (VIP members, it's also posted in the VIP section.)

I can summarize it pretty easily: When I get called to a meeting with the people that are providing VIP services after the RV, I have to put the weekly free chat on the back burner. And obviously when the server has issues.... it's more important to get the site working for all 40,000 members than it is to do a Q&A session for less than 10% of those members.

It's all about priorities. I do my best to take care of EVERYone here, and sometimes that means I have to spend less time in the chat room and more time in the board rooms and with my tech support people.

Thanks for understanding :tiphat:

Does anyone have a link for the Reuters report mentioned?

I don't have it handy, but it was reported by Reuters and I believe reposted on Ninanews.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't have it handy, but it was reported by Reuters and I believe reposted on Ninanews.

No problem, post if you find it.

I did find this http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/07/iraq-inflation-idUSL5E7K726V20110907

from Sept 2011, but that isn't going to make folks happy as it says "In August, Iraq said it planned to redenominate its dinar currency by knocking three zeros off its nominal value to simplify financial transactions."

• Upvote 1

No problem, post if you find it.

I did find this http://www.reuters.c...E7K726V20110907

from Sept 2011, but that isn't going to make folks happy as it says "In August, Iraq said it planned to redenominate its dinar currency by knocking three zeros off its nominal value to simplify financial transactions."

Here was one of them:

Baghdad (NINA) – MP Aliya Nuseif asked Kuwait to regard the Prime Minister Nouri Al Maliki’s visit as the “last” to solve pending problems altogether.

She said in a press statement “the Kuwaiti side needs to consider Maliki’s visit as a positive message and last chance to filter all pending files altogether basing on mutual interests and the Arab, good neighborly and Islamic bonds.

She added “the negotiations should start from getting Iraq out of Chapter VII through the Port Mubarak issue and ending with the borders problems and other files.”

As for the Port Mubarak issue, Nuseif said “in case it was not settled during Maliki’s visit, then, the last choice left for Iraq is to resort to international courts.” /End/

http://www.ninanews.com/English/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=FKFLFM

There are a couple of other links I'll try to find.

Sorry about that Flyboy.

I've been swamped with meetings and 2 weeks in a row something came up at the worst possible time. I actually addressed this in a VIP email that is going out now. (VIP members, it's also posted in the VIP section.)

I can summarize it pretty easily: When I get called to a meeting with the people that are providing VIP services after the RV, I have to put the weekly free chat on the back burner. And obviously when the server has issues.... it's more important to get the site working for all 40,000 members than it is to do a Q&A session for less than 10% of those members.

It's all about priorities. I do my best to take care of EVERYone here, and sometimes that means I have to spend less time in the chat room and more time in the board rooms and with my tech support people.

Thanks for understanding :tiphat:

Thanks for the response Adam. I do understand how difficult and time consuming it must be to handle all this for everyone. I thank you for all you do and wish you the best... and try to throw some R&R in there for yourself... :rolleyes:

Edited by Adam Montana
fixed the quote
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You didn't read it right.

I said they are voting on the budget and it should be done tomorrow or next Thursday. (It was originally on the calendar for Monday, but was pushed back.)

In a different sentence, I stated my opinion that we can't believe everything that comes out of Iraq.

I backed that opinion up by referring to articles that came out this week and are contradictory.

Hope that helps. :tiphat:

Yes that is much clearer to me now. Must have not had my first cup of coffee yet. My apolodies to you sir. Thank you

• Upvote 1

I'm shocked nobody else responded to this? Does anybody have an answer to this? im confused now

[Adam Montana] has been adopted, even though the government is balking at the idea

[Adam Montana] Several people have stated that this move would hurt the economy, but that's absolutely silly

[Adam Montana] if they introduce new notes and use them side-by-side, there is no change in value

[Adam Montana] so it won't hurt the economy

Not so sure I know what you mean. I thought when they introduce the new notes is when we would see a new rate, or change in value. Otherwise great chat. :)

Middle of the night, couldn't sleep, watched three hours of a mini series on netflix, checked my email and watched some you tube stuff that was sent to me, still couldn't sleep, came to get my DV fix and ... NO ... NO ... THAT CANNOT HAPPEN ... the server was down.

Why is it down? Couldn't handle all the emails being sent to tell us the RV popped? Mr. Montana didn't pay the bill this month? No, it said too busy so someone must be accessing it, or too many someones have just finished using it and the server is having a nervous breakdown ... LIKE ME !!!!

Thank heaven it is back up. I really don't like going this long without my DV fix. Ten days in hospital recently, and no interenet, bummer, man! Don't remember the first three days at all but after that had to rent a little hanging television so I could totally zone out and get over th DV monkey.

I am sooooooo glad the server is back up. Thank you Mr. Montana for your insights and for getting the server back. You don't know how badly some of us need it. DV addiction, that is what it is. Since finding DV and Adam Montana no other site compares. No fair!

Well, that's it ... my rave for the time being. But THANKS ADAM ,,, I do enjoy your summaries of what has happened much more than random questions.

:)

smee2

So good to hear you are back with us now Smee. Missed you here in the forum. Hope all is well with you now! :hug:

I'm shocked nobody else responded to this? Does anybody have an answer to this? im confused now

Simply bringing out new denominations doesn't change anything.

If they don't change the value, it doesn't do any of the things they are saying they want to do (raise the value of the dinar, make transactions easier, etc).