Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ebay to Stop Dinar Sales?

win1mich

sounds like crap to me .... I've sold a few million Dinar on ebay over the years as well as Euro, USD , GBP , VND and even KWD and I've not had any contact from ebay

That's all te debunking I need.... an actual seller would be contacted by Ebay if this were so..... (pssst, Machine..... you did check your Ebay announcements/email yes??) :D

sounds like crap to me .... I've sold a few million Dinar on ebay over the years as well as Euro, USD , GBP , VND and even KWD and I've not had any contact from ebay

eBay has a listing of what they will and will not allow on their site, for either auction or "buy now". Those lists change. Usually it is when someone complains about something and then eBay contacts their lawyers who tell them the risk isn't worth it, and so, next thing you know, something cannot be sold any longer.

I had sold some magazines on eBay several years ago. They are what would be classified as XXX rated. Well, to be honest they were. But they were of the B&D type. Nothing was said, and I sold all of them. Then when I moved the last time, which was about ten years ago, I came across two boxes of the same kind of magazines, some of which could be classed as antiquarian, allmost. Most were collector's items. I inherited these and the man I got them from kept all of his books and magazines in pristine condition.

Anyway, I proceeded to list them on eBay. The first afternoon I got about a dozen listed. I was being very complete in description, year of publication, sample of authors for those that were multi-work magazines ... all that stuff. Two or three days later I went online to continue and lo and behold ... none of my listings was there! So, I checked my email and sure enough there was an email from eBay. They told me the material I was advertising contravened their rules for what can and cannot be listed in terms of "adult" literature. I was a little surprised as some of this was, as I said, collectors' material. I wrote back and explained they had allowed the same works to be listed earlier, what was going on?

Well, in their return correspondence they informed me that since the time I had originally sold such printed material on their site, the rules had changed to exclude anything even remotely sounding like "bondage" or any of that category of printed material. I asked why. They explained it was a decision arrived at when their lawyers were made aware that such material was, indeed, being advertised and sold on their site.

So, I ended up selling most of it privately and those works that were oldest and in excellent condition went to a store in Toronto that handles hard to find books, or any genre, and specializes in antiquarian books, again or any genre. I was not sure they would take my books as I was used to purchasing good literature from them ... first and second editions of such authors as Dickens and Agatha Christie. Totally opposite end of the scale in terms of subject matter compared to what I was trying to get rid of at that time. I made a tidy sum selling them too. But, eBay wanted nothing to do with them.

So, when you broadly hint that stopping sale of the dinar might have something to do with ... well ... you know ... (which I don't believe for a second), you are actually in effect spreading what is a rumor at best. eBay's decisions of what they will allow or not allow are based on legal advice. If there is a chance of repercussions from a legal standpoint, they don't want anything to do with it. I would suspect that it is not the IQD per se that is disallowed, but perhaps all currency, or currency that is still useable as money and not just a collector's item.

But I certainly wouldn't make more out of it than just the fact that it is an item that eBay is no longer allowing. Giving 90 days just means you have time to finish up any auctions or "buy now" that have already been advertised.

I have never seen eBay as a barometer by which to measure the interest in, or price of the IQD. And anyone using this cut off date for sale of such through eBay as anything significant is reading a lot into nothing.

:)

smee2

• Downvote 1

As usual. . .Frank (let-me-sing-to-you) Villa (e.g. Frank26), should have kept to being a short-order cook at his father's Mexican food restaurant. NOBODY at EBAY seems to know ANYTHING about Frank's bold announcement.

But then again. . .perhaps they haven't ASKED Frank yet if they could have please his persission to continue selling without his "blessings."

I've seen a few people in this thread sell on Ebay and I had a question. I've always wondered why dealers sell so much IQD on ebay? Is it because there are laws in place to prevent dealers from keeping it or do they not believe in this investment? I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this and am not bashing, just some curiosity from me.

For those who started the rumors a long time ago; obviously they do not believe in a massive RV. Many people don't seem to understand how the dinar will end up being an investment. The rumors that started over 7 years ago that a "magical RV would make everyone millions" was a previously used method to sell one's own currency. It has been used far wider than just the dinar - some currency salesmen called them RV's, RI's, Restructures, Recoining, Reverse-inflating, etc. It's been done with peso's, zimbabwe's currency, and several other hyperinflated currencies (which the dinar is - as it's nominal value is more than 1 of it's base unit; which at one point was equivalent to 1).

It came along once the internet began to thrive. They could sell their own currency for 10-25% more than what it was worth. All they had to pay for was shipping. It's like you charging people in Finland $1.50 for every dollar; simply because they can't get ahold of it directly. They must use a trader, or third party. Those who sell it now either - bought it from a third party cheap a while back, and are taking their profits (one way in which the dinar is an actual investment), buy it third party and further upcharge, or get it directly and upcharge, making pure profit with no work.

The company I worked as a "pumper" for did the latter of the three. They charged anywhere from 12-25% more than the value + shipping. So it was REALLY all profit. All the while I sent out rumors to Med, and various other sites/gurus; they introduced the rumor, we increased sales tremendously. No other currency has been as successful in this as the dinar has, but in case you were wondering one point of view from someone who was a part of it, there you go. Some may sell it to make a little, some may make a lot. Everyone has their reasons - but every reason is backed by financial sub-reasons. If you want more info on the dinar as an actual investment, just read my profile on this site. It has my story and a lot of good info; my way of making things better for what I used to do. I don't come here often - once a month or less to help out; so hopefully my profile will answer any more questions you have.

Edited by dinarvictory

I have sold over $1,500,000 USD (YES that's US dollars) worth of dinar on eBay in the past 12 months. I have not been told anything from eBay about this. HOWEVER, I personally know another seller who has had her eBay account closed and was told it was because she was ONLY selling dinar and that they will be trying to phase out these type of sellers this year. They claim they will keep allowing dinar sellers who have a mixture of items available and who are not on there just to sell dinar. Why they are doing this is anyone's guess. I doubt seriously that they have been told to phase out dinar sales. Needless to say, I have added some other items for sale besides dinar :-) .... And yes, I'm registered with the US Treasury

I don't know how it is in the US, but I imagine it would be the same as it is here in Canada, that when one has a business, and perhaps rather than hiring outside help to do a certain part of that business, you form another company name, and keep that part of the business in house. I did that with my graphic design studio. I started a second company to do the typesetting. That way the markup to do that part of the work stayed in house, and I could do the work for less than an outside agency which meant I could charge less to the end client. Good business. However, I could not do this if I had only ONE customer for whom I did work. The government viewed that as the same company, just renaming to secure greater profits. Which, of course, it was. But to get around that I simply went and got some more typesetting business, expanding my work from the graphics and design aspect into editing, doing rewrites, and typesetting ready for print.

Anyway, I think that is what eBay may be getting at. I know of one seller who was denied privileges because all he was selling was cruises. He had retired and sold his business which was a travel agency. But he continued using his contacts and selling cruises on eBay. If he sold one a month it kept him happy and made enough extra money to let him indulge in his hobbies. But it also meant that he was selling them not as an agent, with no government papers saying he could do that and be responsible. If he had been selling his own tickets because he couldn't go on a vacation he had already booked, that would be okay. But putting a cruise up for auction every month ? Well, eBay put a stop to that knowing he was not only setting himself up for some kind of government trouble but also he was not covering his buyers with whatever guarantees an agency must supply. Since he did not sell anything else, and did not use his account to buy anything, he was told his account would be deactivated, and it was, that very day.

So, you might consider that when you are wondering what is going on with eBay, if indeed anything is going on there at all.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1