Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

WANTED- MEDITATION EXPERT

wealthhound

While talking about a "MONEY" mindset in another thread, one of our members mentioned that she was part of an online meditation group that is apparently no longer ongoing.

I know that there are many here that believe in the power of prayer(myself included) and I found the thought of meditation very interesting and compelling.

I do not know much about meditation, but I do believe that the principles are the same as uniting in prayer (please correct me if I am wrong) .

With all of the hoopla going on, seems to me that some of the natives are restless here on DV...anyone interested in helping us focus on the positive...anyone willing to start a meditation group...O.K. I know some are thinking this is a crock, no problem, then this would not be for you.

I am reaching out to those that understand the power of positive thinking, whether they are familiar with it from group prayer or meditation...

Anyone able and willing?

I would be glad to help, but it is not my strenght!...

Thoughts anyone??

I am big into metaphysics and will help out where I can. I always try to stay positive but there needs to be intent as well. It takes more than just a positive mindset but that is a huge step in it's ownself.

Persy,

Hmmm... I don't know about you :). Where do you go when you meditate ? B B B Umbrela Umbrella B B B lol lol

I just can't help it lol

I do not know much about meditation, but I do believe that the principles are the same as uniting in prayer (please correct me if I am wrong) .

Not realllllly. Meditation is considered a very private form of quiet focus, usually on a particular subject, and not necessarily directed at a supreme being or universal power. Uniting in prayer implies multiple persons, conciously stating an intended purpose or outcome, directed, most usually, at an agreed upon deity.

That being said, my largest "hobby" is INTUITION. Specifically, the difference between subconcious pattern recognition and a true, sixth sense (extrasensory perception, some call it ESP).

In my personal studies, many experience precognitive events, omens, oracles, etc. during meditation, and in studying these events, and from personal experience, I know a bit about meditation.

Groups of people, all "meditating" with a single, coordinating purpose, is essentially group prayer. I personally am a Christian, and both pray and meditate. In meditation, I direct most of my ambition and desires towards myself (subconcious mind), in the hope that after my 50 plus years, I have acquired most of the knowledge/wisdom that is needed to accomplish, by and through myself, what I crave, need, desire, wish, etc.

Hope that helps.

fnbplanet

• Upvote 1

I am big into metaphysics and will help out where I can. I always try to stay positive but there needs to be intent as well. It takes more than just a positive mindset but that is a huge step in it's ownself.

Tell me more..I understand there is more involved..so, how can you help?

Not realllllly. Meditation is considered a very private form of quiet focus, usually on a particular subject, and not necessarily directed at a supreme being or universal power. Uniting in prayer implies multiple persons, conciously stating an intended purpose or outcome, directed, most usually, at an agreed upon deity.

That being said, my largest "hobby" is INTUITION. Specifically, the difference between subconcious pattern recognition and a true, sixth sense (extrasensory perception, some call it ESP).

In my personal studies, many experience precognitive events, omens, oracles, etc. during meditation, and in studying these events, and from personal experience, I know a bit about meditation.

Groups of people, all "meditating" with a single, coordinating purpose, is essentially group prayer. I personally am a Christian, and both pray and meditate. In meditation, I direct most of my ambition and desires towards myself (subconcious mind), in the hope that after my 50 plus years, I have acquired most of the knowledge/wisdom that is needed to accomplish, by and through myself, what I crave, need, desire, wish, etc.

Hope that helps.

fnbplanet

fnb,

O.K. , I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it looks like in your first paragraph you stated that meditation and prayer are DIFFERENT then in your last paragraph you said they are the same or similar...I'm confused :confused:

Persy,

Hmmm... I don't know about you :). Where do you go when you meditate ? B B B Umbrela Umbrella B B B lol lol

I just can't help it lol

Are you making fun of me?

I personally will stick to prayer with an understanding that I will not move God any faster or for a certain value. Trust him. I meditate on God's word. Clearing your mind opens it to demonic oppression and you don't want to go there. What does God's word say in Philippians 4:8? We are to be spiritual beings, not operating in the flesh or soulish realm. Ask God first if it's OK to meditate or put out positive vibes. We are to be content in our situation. The old testament tells us not to incorporate pagan ways in our worship of God, our worship of God is a daily walk with God. Practice His presence. Develop a relationship with the person of the Holy Spirit, He is God and He has been sent to us to walk with. He will teach you truth.

One other thing, when praying do you pray...Thy will be done?

God bless

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There is a wonderful meditation group that is international in scope. It takes one into thoughtless awareness easily and is the only really effective, results oriented technique I have experienced. I have done quite a few extensively including TM, esoteric Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism. You can google Sahaja yoga meditation. Where are you in Colorado? Here is a link for the center in Denver: http://www.yogacolorado.org/sy.php

I truly believe you will feel the difference from a mental awareness to the union with the Divine.

I personally will stick to prayer with an understanding that I will not move God any faster or for a certain value. Trust him. I meditate on God's word. Clearing your mind opens it to demonic oppression and you don't want to go there. What does God's word say in Philippians 4:8? We are to be spiritual beings, not operating in the flesh or soulish realm. Ask God first if it's OK to meditate or put out positive vibes. We are to be content in our situation. The old testament tells us not to incorporate pagan ways in our worship of God, our worship of God is a daily walk with God. Practice His presence. Develop a relationship with the person of the Holy Spirit, He is God and He has been sent to us to walk with. He will teach you truth.

One other thing, when praying do you pray...Thy will be done?

God bless

Have you actually every tried to clear your mind. It's impossible. The brain never shuts down.

Meditation can lower blood pressure, help with stress and other related health issues. When my father (a proud Christian man I will say) asked me at the age of 80 how to mediate, he was not asking because he wanted to experience demons. He wanted to lower his stress so he could sleep better after both a heart attack and stroke. He is now with God and I'm sure still meditating.

I tihnk your comments are in the wrong thread. This was posted as a question on how and where to get information on meditation, not whether or not we feel it's right religiouisly.

What's next....yoga opens you up to incorporation of the devil?

• Upvote 3

Have you actually every tried to clear your mind. It's impossible. The brain never shuts down.

Meditation can lower blood pressure, help with stress and other related health issues. When my father (a proud Christian man I will say) asked me at the age of 80 how to mediate, he was not asking because he wanted to experience demons. He wanted to lower his stress so he could sleep better after both a heart attack and stroke. He is now with God and I'm sure still meditating.

I tihnk your comments are in the wrong thread. This was posted as a question on how and where to get information on meditation, not whether or not we feel it's right religiouisly.

What's next....yoga opens you up to incorporation of the devil?

yes with a but! I can meditate on God's word and it is healthy. I will not clear my mind with new age techniques that open you up to demonic influence. There is a proper way to mmeditate, yoga even christian karate. The problem is when you cross the line and satan is subtle. hope that helps!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yes with a but! I can meditate on God's word and it is healthy. I will not clear my mind with new age techniques that open you up to demonic influence. There is a proper way to mmeditate, yoga even christian karate. The problem is when you cross the line and satan is subtle. hope that helps!

Nobody asked you to do anyting. This was posted by a member who wanted information on mediation. Your pushing your beliefs in a thread that was not asked for.

I have studied metaphysics for over 20 years and the only thing I am possessed with is the ability to make sound business and personal decisions.

• Upvote 3

Nobody asked you to do anyting. This was posted by a member who wanted information on mediation. Your pushing your beliefs in a thread that was not asked for.

I have studied metaphysics for over 20 years and the only thing I am possessed with is the ability to make sound business and personal decisions.

and I'm a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, called by God to share the truth. The poster claims to be christian and it is my responsibility to share the truth of God's word. The only entity that wouldn't want that is satan. Are you a practicing christian? I don't care about your education either, education these days and times have eliminated God. We now have people worshipping the creation more than the creator. Did not wealthhound ask about this? And who died and made you the authority on what a person can post or not post?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Goldie, Wealthhound is a Christian lady and Willy is just trying to do what he does and guide her....don't let this be more than it is please...

Wealth, I am not trying to step on any toes or anything but I whole heartedly agree with Willy on this....please do some more research before you open yourself to this sort of thing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

and I'm a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ, called by God to share the truth. The poster claims to be christian and it is my responsibility to share the truth of God's word. The only entity that wouldn't want that is satan. Are you a practicing christian? I don't care about your education either, education these days and times have eliminated God. We now have people worshipping the creation more than the creator. Did not wealthhound ask about this? And who died and made you the authority on what a person can post or not post?

None of your business who and what I am and what I believe. The question was about meditation.

Goldie, Wealthhound is a Christian lady and Willy is just trying to do what he does and guide her....don't let this be more than it is please...

Wealth, I am not trying to step on any toes or anything but I whole heartedly agree with Willy on this....please do some more research before you open yourself to this sort of thing.

bamagirl, I don't know who gave you a neg but I fixed it for you.

• Upvote 2

Tell me more..I understand there is more involved..so, how can you help?

*I don't have much time to type a reply but will give some info*

Actually... this weekend I signed up on a group that relates to this. Registration is free and there is a lot of helpful people here too:

http://www.mysticalwonders.org/group/index.php?sid=d138e0ecf7cc617a58001e52263df772

First, there is different ways to focus on manifesting what you want to achieve. It can be through meditation or the use of tools. Tools such as using brain wave altering sounds which follows Hemi-Sync developed by the Monroe Institute. It syncs both hemispheres of the brain that would sometimes take years to master during meditation. There is another company that spun off with their own course but based on the same principles known as SyncCreation.

Have you heard of Orgone? Long history but FDA tried to burn the publications...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgone

There are plenty of studies that support Orgones effects. It can be used to increase the effects of ones intentions and clear negative energy.

I have focused more in regards to human energy fields. I am familiar with ways to manifest but have not focused in depth but would like the opportunity to. These past few weeks I have put more attention into this subject. Countless successful people use these very techniques and swear manifestation works.

Law of Attraction says that "Like attracts Like" ... Energy attracts like energy."

• Upvote 1

Goodness gracious, and WOW,

Willy,

I am also a Christian, and VERY knowledgeable in that subject...

IMHO, I do not see where meditation is ANYWHERE near OPENING UP TO SATAN,

Let me ask you a question, when one spends time deep in prayer, what would you be thinking, perhaps some prayers from the word such as ...BELOVED, I WISH ABOVE ALL ELSE THAT THOU MAYEST PROSPER AND ME IN HEALTH or perhaps (paraphrasing here don't have bible in hand to look up the verse) GOD IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY, ABOVE WHAT YOU CAN ASK OR THINK...well, if one is praying with scriptures like the above, and then follows it up with believing action, EXPECTING to receive...how is this any different than MEDITATING, yes, I can probably think of a couple of objections you may have like one in meditation may not have GOD in his/her mind, that's not my responsibility, I DO SPEAK THE WORD WHENEVER POSSIBLE AND HAVE HAD SIGNS, MIRACLES AND WONDERS IN MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE...

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF SOMEONE USES PRAYER IN A SATANIC FASHION,( I DO BELIEVE THAT IS AVAILABLE) OR MEDITATION IN A SATANIC FASHION(I DO BELIEVE THAT IS ALSO AVAILABLE) but my original intent here was simply to learn about meditation, to me both PRAYER and MEDITATION could be used for the good or bad..but for you to say or imply that meditation is "the dark side" (my quote) is a bit out of bounds in my opinion...

AND your reply to GOLDIE seemed a bit caustic to me...

There are clearly pathways that open people up to satan's devices, but, I do not think that medittion, with the right mindset is ANYWHERE CLOSE TO IT!

• Upvote 1

None of your business who and what I am and what I believe. The question was about meditation.

bamagirl, I don't know who gave you a neg but I fixed it for you.

Hey Bama,

Perhaps it is possible that my thinking is incorrect, and thanks for watchin my back, but look at my above post, I am not talking about going to get me cards or tea leaves read here, and if meditation would be "OPENING MY MIND UP TO EVIL INFLUENCES, then that's another story, but that is not what I am speaking of here...maybe I do lack understanding, I will do some research...I'll check back later...

Goodness gracious, and WOW,

Willy,

I am also a Christian, and VERY knowledgeable in that subject...

IMHO, I do not see where meditation is ANYWHERE near OPENING UP TO SATAN,

Let me ask you a question, when one spends time deep in prayer, what would you be thinking, perhaps some prayers from the word such as ...BELOVED, I WISH ABOVE ALL ELSE THAT THOU MAYEST PROSPER AND ME IN HEALTH or perhaps (paraphrasing here don't have bible in hand to look up the verse) GOD IS ABLE TO DO EXCEEDINGLY, ABUNDANTLY, ABOVE WHAT YOU CAN ASK OR THINK...well, if one is praying with scriptures like the above, and then follows it up with believing action, EXPECTING to receive...how is this any different than MEDITATING, yes, I can probably think of a couple of objections you may have like one in meditation may not have GOD in his/her mind, that's not my responsibility, I DO SPEAK THE WORD WHENEVER POSSIBLE AND HAVE HAD SIGNS, MIRACLES AND WONDERS IN MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE...

ON THE OTHER HAND, IF SOMEONE USES PRAYER IN A SATANIC FASHION,( I DO BELIEVE THAT IS AVAILABLE) OR MEDITATION IN A SATANIC FASHION(I DO BELIEVE THAT IS ALSO AVAILABLE) but my original intent here was simply to learn about meditation, to me both PRAYER and MEDITATION could be used for the good or bad..but for you to say or imply that meditation is "the dark side" (my quote) is a bit out of bounds in my opinion...

AND your reply to GOLDIE seemed a bit caustic to me...

There are clearly pathways that open people up to satan's devices, but, I do not think that medittion, with the right mindset is ANYWHERE CLOSE TO IT!

1st of all you made it clear you were a christian, I responded due to that. This is why I made the comments I made. one thing is to understand where or what the objective is. what is your goal? thats what I would like to know. understand this, we are to seek Godly counsel, you're asking counsel of God knows who or what on an internet site. Everything I do I ask God first, and I've learned not to barter with him. I asked goldiegirl where she stood in the Lord because if she doesn't serve God I sure as heck don't want what she has to offer. My response to her being caustic, well it may have been but in all fairness we are very limited here. You asked about meditation, so I ask again, what is your goal?

• Upvote 1

I said I wasn't going to make another comment on another post that would make my 1000th posting meaningless; but I was going to wait until the dinars RV, but I want to make this statement to wealthhound. You're right to ask for a meditation group, there is power in groups and I will be the first to say that I am in. Now let me education you on meditation, although I'm no expert in this matter, but I have studied and practice what I'm about to preach. For the Ministers of the Word of God and those that are in tune to the Metaphysical aspect of life, when we pray we ask God for something and to hear his answer we meditate, it's just that simple.

God works in mysterious ways, so our answer to our prayer may be in our doing, our faith, in our loving, in our caring for others and not necessarily as a conversation with you during you meditation. Remember he knows what you want before you ask, isn't this, is what Jesus said about praying, and on meditation, its been around for ever and a day. In Joshua, we read where God told him to meditate oft. and if God said it, it must have a great significance in our daily lives. Just as the Master told us in Ecclesiastes to put remembrances up to remind us of his goodness and glory, yes putting up testimonies, that too have its significance. Everything we need to make our lives better and more prosperous is in the Holy Bible, if we would only heed, so please, want you give it a try! Amen

Peace! In the Middle East.

Shick

• Upvote 2

fnb,

O.K. , I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it looks like in your first paragraph you stated that meditation and prayer are DIFFERENT then in your last paragraph you said they are the same or similar...I'm confused :confused:

Are you making fun of me?

Weathhound,

Im sorry but Im not making fun of you. The reply was specifically for perspective2011. I can't sit still for 5 mins without my mind going somewhere so meditation is out of question for me. I like prayers.

Islamic ( and Hebrew) Extremists say exactly the same.

Islamic ( and Hebrew) Extremists say exactly the same.

want to clarify what your point is? sorry. I protect my spiritual well being. even the elect may be deceived. I know from personal experience that you don't want to fool with some of this stuff no matter how good you think it is. I've been through deliverance and I've been involved with others going through deliverance and it isn't nice. thrashing, weird voices, demons talking nonsense. I'll answer this for those questioning my motives, am I my brother/sisters keeper? You bet I am!

• Upvote 2