Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Clark Howard Program yesterday

dude67

I heard on the Clark Howard program yesterday. He said and I quote " Buying Iraqi dinars is like going to Las Vegas". "These would be about the same odds on your investment" He also said that a country with that much secular violence has a long way to go to. Some body had called in to the show asking about it. I don't know if it was an old show or what. what do you guys think? I mean they did tell us that a lot of misdirection 'smoke and mirrors' would happen before the RV.

Edited by dude67

***///

Sounds like the opinion of a guy who doesn't keep up with the actual machinations of Iraq as a single ME entity.

He lumped Iraq in with a general, overall consensus of the ME sitch.

Perhaps with some research he'd increase the odds on that Vegas bet in our favour. ;)

(P.S. I'd 'bet' he's holding some Dinar himself!) :P

• Upvote 7

I just started watching Clark... Missed that show on dinar..

My opinion is that if someone calls in asking about dinar? what else would he be able to say legally on television?!!

It would be better to divert the topic then to start a lengthly debate on everything we have been studying on this site the last several years.

And Yes, I do believe he is holding some. JMO

:rolleyes:

i used to listen to clark howard for a while until he would go on rants and raves about AT&T and debt collectors. Being a debt collector manager and using AT&T this upset me for some reason, maybe it was him giving false hope advise to his callers about debt collectors or giving advice to make my job tougher. im a cool ass collector ill work with your budget i know not everyone has $10K to pay right away to an old debt. The point is Clark Howard is as biased as they come, he isn't invested thats why he shares this opinion, if he was invested he would sell the dream just like every other guru.

Clark gets asked about once a month about Dinar and his answer is always the same.........Gambling in Vegas...........Betting at the Horse Track and so on.

He has a response that is always quick off the cuff, and Dave Ramsey as well. If they told people that they could get rich off Dinar, pretty soon they both

would be outta business, so to speak...... the majority of listeners would investigate the promise of this coming to fruition and probably invest........TwoCents.gif .

So many people hang on every word they speak which is admiral, because both seem intelligent and do have good ideas(common sense)tongue.gif

LF

• Upvote 1

what do you guys think? I mean they did tell us that a lot of misdirection 'smoke and mirrors' would happen before the RV.

my friend 98% of the united states population are no where near as educated in iraqi news as we are here at DV. all they have is a one sided vague opinion of what is happening in that country given to them by main stream media who also have no clue whatsoever. it is the blind leading the blind.

now since you asked what i thought, i will give you facts instead of opinion. the best news to read is never found in a paper or thru television media, it is discovered by observing the money trail. ALWAYS FOLLOW THE MONEY! with that stated, here are some headlines to wet your whistle. i will only post a few but i could literally go into my archives and pull out tons. pop these into the search engine and kiss good bye to a good 5 hour of reading.

• Spotlight On Iraq Gold as Fog of War Lifts - A city of gold discovered near Baghdad
  • Oil Oil Everywhere
  • Iraq Begins Pumping To New Gulf Oil Terminal
  • Kurdistan Region Looking to Undergo Huge Boom
  • Jordan Contractors invited to Join $40BN Iraqi Reconstruction Plan
  • Iraq to Grow 36% in Three Years
  • General Motors comes on strong in Iraq 21 Years After War Derailed Market Prospects
  • Kuwait Desires Convert Remaining $17B debt owed Into Economic Investments
  • Michigan Consortium Signs Memo of Understanding for $5.5BN Development in Iraq
  • Baghdad And Tokyo Sign An Agreement To Encourage and Protect Investment
  • Egyptian Delegation to Visit Iraq To Increase Joint Trade Exchange
  • Kuwait Buys More Than 5BN Shares In the ISX
  • Iraq Expect to Be Given OPEC Presidency in 2012
  • Iraq Will Become An Economic Powerhouse In The Region
  • Iraq Approves $17BN Gas Project With Royal Dutch Shell
  • Investment Bankers Flock to Iraq Despite Dangers
  • Iraq's Kurds Keen To Mine Riches - Untapped Mineral Deposits
  • Iraq in $1BN Power Deals With Chinese, Korean Firms
  • IMF Projects 12% Iraq Ecomomic Growth 2012
  • United Nations: Iraq Will Top Oil Powers (Great) Affecting The World
  • Ford Eyes Iraq Expansion Despite Security Concerns
  • The ISX Attracting Huge Inestors
  • Iraq's Oil Bounty Sets Platform For Foreign Money
  • Iraq Growth Faster Than China - Clinton
  • China Increased Trade With Iraq in 2011 - Over 100 Chines Companies Working In Iraq
  • Foreign Investors To Accept the Iraqi Stock Exchange and Expect Prosperity

okay i am tired of typing. that should get you on your way. and these bullet point items are just the peak of the iceberg of money finding its way to iraq.

remember my friend, the sheeple read the news while the wealthy watch where the money is going. always follow the money! Be Blessed.

• Upvote 3

the beauty of it is that most of us are not financial or business analyst and don't have to be. we do not have the aptitude really to deduce whether or not investing in iraq is a sound investment. but we can ride the coat tails of those apt enough to perform the cost/risk analysis and create business cases for the direction a corporation should move in investments.

what i am saying is this. when we see entire countries encourage their corporations to invest in iraq, the homework has already been done. they have already spent countless hours weighing out the risk and the expected returns, and at the end of the day, they have decided that it is WORTH it to invest in iraq. it would be one thing if we saw a few companies here and there but when you see entire countries running to iraq, this speaks volumes.

yes, there is a risk to everything and iraq investments are no different. but we are not taking a blind risk. we are following behind the risk analysis of the experts and pitching our tents at the base of their mansions.

hope that helps. be blessed my friends.

• Upvote 4

the beauty of it is that most of us are not financial or business analyst and don't have to be. we do not have the aptitude really to deduce whether or not investing in iraq is a sound investment. but we can ride the coat tails of those apt enough to perform the cost/risk analysis and create business cases for the direction a corporation should move in investments.

what i am saying is this. when we see entire countries encourage their corporations to invest in iraq, the homework has already been done. they have already spent countless hours weighing out the risk and the expected returns, and at the end of the day, they have decided that it is WORTH it to invest in iraq. it would be one thing if we saw a few companies here and there but when you see entire countries running to iraq, this speaks volumes.

yes, there is a risk to everything and iraq investments are no different. but we are not taking a blind risk. we are following behind the risk analysis of the experts and pitching our tents at the base of their mansions.

hope that helps. be blessed my friends.

th_smiley_two_thumbs_up.gif

• Upvote 1

I heard on the Clark Howard program yesterday. He said and I quote " Buying Iraqi dinars is like going to Las Vegas". "These would be about the same odds on your investment" He also said that a country with that much secular violence has a long way to go to. Some body had called in to the show asking about it. I don't know if it was an old show or what. what do you guys think? I mean they did tell us that a lot of misdirection 'smoke and mirrors' would happen before the RV.

I've heard Clark Howard for years on our local radio station. Seems like a nice guy, but personally, the only advice I take from him is which windshield wiper inserts to buy and how to translate 100w light bulbs to the new bulb ratings. I don't find him at all credible in a lot of things. Most of the stuff I hear on his show is basic common sense advice that we can noodle out ourselves. I find that anyone on any media professing to be an "expert" is nothing but a self proclaimed guru out to pump their own product. In Clark's case, his show and site. Right or wrong, I make my decisions based on my own homework. At least that way I have no one to blame but myself if I make a wrong decision. jmo.

The way I see it, the more public doubters, the better. After distilling the articles, stories, "intel" and rumors, at the end of the day we each have to make the decision to stay or go based on our "ded reckoning" (for the sailors out there). If we're wrong, we take responsibility, pick up what we've learned and move on to the next opportunity....BUT if we're right, we laugh all the way to the bank..... :eyebrows: