Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Investing: Purchasing Tax Lien Certificates

skitealwedrop

I received a call from my Step Dad this morning. He's interested in investing capital in the purchase of tax lien certificates. He wants me to do the research and basically run the business. I spent a bit of time researching the topic. I have a ton of homework to do as I'm not a real estate guru. Are there any DV members that are familiar with the investment?

Any knowledge that you wish to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ski

I don't know about tax lien certificates, BUT, I looking for an investor. I am not on here looking for an investor I just happened across your post. I hold dinar and I am here for that reason only. I just so happened to read on an investors site earlier today that you can find investors in unlikely places.

Well here is a very short pitch, just because.

I am looking for an investor

"Sliding Mirror System" - Patent Pending

Finally ... The First and Only Mirror System, EVER, that Clearly Shows the Backside as well as Both Side Views of a Persons Head, Hands Free ! ! !

It's UNIQUE!!! - It's the FIRST of its kind!!!

1 min 40 sec

http://panoramicenterprises.com website

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I received a call from my Step Dad this morning. He's interested in investing capital in the purchase of tax lien certificates. He wants me to do the research and basically run the business. I spent a bit of time researching the topic. I have a ton of homework to do as I'm not a real estate guru. Are there any DV members that are familiar with the investment?

Any knowledge that you wish to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ski

I studied them about 10 yrs ago bit didn't have the time to put in, to do it right. The laws very by state but here is the jest of it. You pay someones taxes for them. They have a designated period of time to pay you back plus interest. Usually the interest rate is pretty fair about 10%. If they don't pay you, then the property is yours.

You also need to have someone see what other liens etc are on the property because you get those as well.

So you need to make sure you would want the property or could flip it and worse case scenario you receive a decent return on your money.

Hope that helps, but make sure you do your homework on your states laws.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I just purchased a program from Saen Higgins, called Wealth Without Risk. We received some dvd's, a 432 page book, another much smaller book on how to create a million-dollar retirement fund, some telephone info freebies, including rush postage, for $29.45 (19.95 + 9.50 shipping)

Just opened it today. We saw it on an informercial and decided to take a shot at it based on the low entry cost.

We will let you know how it goes. Not gonna be too soon, however as she is not able to work on it (liver/kidney transplant list patient) and I am working as much overtime as they will let me to keep up with medical costs/copays.

• Upvote 1

My wife and I just purchased a program from Saen Higgins, called Wealth Without Risk. We received some dvd's, a 432 page book, another much smaller book on how to create a million-dollar retirement fund, some telephone info freebies, including rush postage, for $29.45 (19.95 + 9.50 shipping)

Just opened it today. We saw it on an informercial and decided to take a shot at it based on the low entry cost.

We will let you know how it goes. Not gonna be too soon, however as she is not able to work on it (liver/kidney transplant list patient) and I am working as much overtime as they will let me to keep up with medical costs/copays.

My prayers are with you and your wife. Hope all works out for you two.

I studied them about 10 yrs ago bit didn't have the time to put in, to do it right. The laws very by state but here is the jest of it. You pay someones taxes for them. They have a designated period of time to pay you back plus interest. Usually the interest rate is pretty fair about 10%. If they don't pay you, then the property is yours.

You also need to have someone see what other liens etc are on the property because you get those as well.

So you need to make sure you would want the property or could flip it and worse case scenario you receive a decent return on your money.

Hope that helps, but make sure you do your homework on your states laws.

Thanks for your post. I did some preliminary research this morning and found that your thoughts are true. I'm not a big fan of the concept today. I will continue to study the investment.